PDA

View Full Version : Possessed woman attacks male passenger on subway & HE gets arrested.

Vladimir Putin
05-12-2014, 01:20 AM
Possessed woman attacks 5/8/14. - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OW1kKa7AmE0)

The Edmonton (Alberta, Canada) Journal, Saturday, May 10, 2014

WOMAN FREAKS OUT ON EDMONTON LRT, ASSAULTS FELLOW PASSENGER

By ISMAEL N. DARO

A young woman riding an Edmonton LRT Thursday lashed out and attacked a fellow commuter, an altercation caught on video and shared widely online.

On Facebook, the teenager, Renče A. Carter, who shot the video wrote: “Woah … This happened on my way home from work!!! I think she was on some hard drugs!”

The video shows a young woman digging through her purse and playing with her phone, looking somewhat dazed. She then seems to take notice of a man sitting a few feet away from her on the same bench eating Pringles potato chips. She reacts violently, lunging at him without warning, choking him with one hand and punching him with the other despite his size advantage.

As the young woman attempts to walk away, her victim gets up and fights back before transit officers intervened.

An earlier video taken before the fight shows the young woman grabbing at her hair and clothes and generally acting in a strange manner. It’s not clear whether she was under the influence of any drugs or alcohol and Edmonton police referred questions about the incident to city management.

Cheryl Oxford, media relations manager for the City of Edmonton, said fighting was very rare on the transit system and that “safety of passengers is our priority.”

“Our transit peace officers were able to intervene quickly and appropriately and both individuals were removed from the train and police were informed as well,” Oxford said.

According to Global News Edmonton, both people were fined $500 for fighting in public.

Copyright © 2014 Postmedia Network Inc. All rights reserved.

Stavros
05-12-2014, 01:42 AM
Maybe the person taking the video should also be prosecuted -isn't there a law on privacy or something that means you can't video or photograph people without their consent? If a man is taking photos or videos of pretty girls on the metro that should rouse suspicion, so why not on this occasion? I am sure they have CC tv on the transport network anyway and most people know. But that's different from having your image taken by another passenger.

Vladimir Putin
05-12-2014, 01:47 AM
It was a teenage girl that shot the video.

YouTube is loaded with videos of people in compromising positions in public. I would say if you're secretly shooting video of someone in their home, that would be legally actionable, but shooting video or taking pictures in a public place is not illegal.

If so, then I should be sued and prosecuted for all the family pictures and videos I shot in my lifetime, because in addition to taking pics of my family, passers-by also walk in and out of my videos/pics.

I would also think if you commit a criminal act in public, and fighting in public is a criminal act, then all your rights to privacy go out the window.

Genetic
05-12-2014, 02:30 AM
Not surprised he got arrested, she had walked away when he got up and confronted her so it's not self defense.

Jericho
05-12-2014, 02:32 AM
Not surprised he got arrested, she had walked away when he got up and confronted her so it's not self defense.

This! :shrug

maaarc
05-12-2014, 03:36 AM
don't know why he got so upset -that's considered foreplay here in Boston

Kevin Dong
05-12-2014, 03:56 AM
bath salts of peace...

lordworm
05-12-2014, 04:19 AM
Gender double standards.

Ms.Stepford
05-12-2014, 06:57 AM
He totally deserved it. Fuckin Pringles.

Vladimir Putin
05-12-2014, 07:22 AM
He totally deserved it. Fuckin Pringles.

When I showed my father the video, he thought the woman took offense to that guy eating on the train, which is a violation of train rules.

lordworm
05-12-2014, 10:01 AM
Yeah, let's all ignore the gynocentric bullshit.

TatianaSummer
05-12-2014, 10:30 AM
LOL omg that was good! She did looked wicked crazy LOL

Stavros
05-12-2014, 11:48 AM

YouTube is loaded with videos of people in compromising positions in public. I would say if you're secretly shooting video of someone in their home, that would be legally actionable, but shooting video or taking pictures in a public place is not illegal.

If so, then I should be sued and prosecuted for all the family pictures and videos I shot in my lifetime, because in addition to taking pics of my family, passers-by also walk in and out of my videos/pics.

I would also think if you commit a criminal act in public, and fighting in public is a criminal act, then all your rights to privacy go out the window.

I don't know what the law is in Canada so I can't really comment on that, but the teenage girl started filming the woman before she attacked anyone and I found it exploited the woman's distress which anyone can now see on YouTube. It isn't about you taking pictures of your family standing beside a tourist attraction where other people will be in the shot, but targeting an individual and filming them without their consent. Suppose the young woman was in distress because of a family tragedy and got drunk or took some narcotics to help with her situation-just because it is on YouTube doesn't make it morally acceptable.

scuderia
05-12-2014, 03:04 PM

not sure about taking the pictures/video but its definitly (atleast in my country) not allowed to publicize them (facebook for example)

GroobySteven
05-12-2014, 04:25 PM
I don't know what the law is in Canada so I can't really comment on that, but the teenage girl started filming the woman before she attacked anyone and I found it exploited the woman's distress which anyone can now see on YouTube. It isn't about you taking pictures of your family standing beside a tourist attraction where other people will be in the shot, but targeting an individual and filming them without their consent. Suppose the young woman was in distress because of a family tragedy and got drunk or took some narcotics to help with her situation-just because it is on YouTube doesn't make it morally acceptable.

If it's in a public place, you can video/photograph it. Otherwise the press would be prosecuted all the time. There are countless examples of excellent reportage of drugged out people, fights, criminal behavior or just a moment in time, captured without those persons knowledge or consent. It would be a sad world if you needed consent and who decides what is morally acceptable to capture on film/digital or not?

Stavros
05-12-2014, 04:43 PM
I can't disagree with the principle of what you say, Steven, and there is no realistic prospect of the law intervening most of the time. But there are times when I just feel uncomfortable with some of the material in the public sphere and make a point not to watch it. Even for me, it seems, there are limits to voyeurism.

GroobySteven
05-12-2014, 04:45 PM
I can't disagree with the principle of what you say, Steven, and there is no realistic prospect of the law intervening most of the time. But there are times when I just feel uncomfortable with some of the material in the public sphere and make a point not to watch it. Even for me, it seems, there are limits to voyeurism.

I agree, it's disgusting when often in times when people need help, a bunch of mutts stand around holding cam phones up but to try and restrict that either by disallowing it being filmed, or blocking it online would be a very dangerous path.

bluesoul
05-12-2014, 07:55 PM

so getting drunk or taking narcotics to help deal with a family tragedy makes it okay hit someone.

also, nobody needs a release from someone if you're filming something without the intent to distribute and whilst in a public setting (unless the other party said no).

i know for journalists this is completely different because they'll always use a random shot of many people for b-roll when establishing a certain story. it's impossible to get a release from each and every individual

Stavros
05-12-2014, 08:53 PM
[QUOTE=bluesoul;1489323]
so getting drunk or taking narcotics to help deal with a family tragedy makes it okay hit someone.
--I did not either say or imply that that it is ok

also, nobody needs a release from someone if you're filming something without the intent to distribute and whilst in a public setting (unless the other party said no).
--Agree; there have been people in Thailand on ladyboy forums being asked to edit photos of ladyboys in bars where there are identifiable people in the background.

i know for journalists this is completely different because they'll always use a random shot of many people for b-roll when establishing a certain story. it's impossible to get a release from each and every individual
--In some cases you do see faces blanked out, I know it is not possible in all cases.

AshlynCreamher
05-12-2014, 08:59 PM
She was clearly drunk or on drugs and had blacked out, it happens to me all the time!

I really liked the purse she was wearing, anyone know the name?