PDA

View Full Version : What do you listen to?

LoadedRevolver66
06-30-2006, 07:30 AM
Hey, what do TS lovers listen to? Gay guys got Madonna, Cher, etc. but we aren't (necessarily) gay. So go ahead and say what's on your playlist. I'll kick it off:

Green Day (pre American Idiot), Slipknot, System of a Down, Dead Kennedys, Black Flag

tgirlzoe
06-30-2006, 09:32 AM
I mainly listen to industrial, ebm, synthpop, futurepop, and darkwave. Some artists I like: :wumpscut:, Combichrist, Covenant, Angels and Agony, Hoccico, Blutengel, Apoptygma Berzerk, Front Line Assembly, Front 242, Fear Factory, And One, and Feindflug

I also like hardcore, oi! and riot grrrl like Agnostic Front, Discipline, Hatebreed, The Casualties, The Exploited, Lars Frederiksen, Schoolyard Heroes, L7, 7 Year Bitch, Sleater-Kinney, The Donnas, or The Distillers.

Other times I'll throw on like The Cranberries, Belle and Sebastian, Blind Melon, The Wallflowers, Pedro the Lion or Ani DiFranco -- it all depends on my mood, I'm very versatile....

Chica
06-30-2006, 10:57 AM
ill pretend u didnt say "Hey, what do TS lovers listen to" :P

but i like music depending on my mood

indie: snow patrol, keane, arctic monkeys, coldplay - when im chilling out

dance/house: tom novy, fonzerelli, armand van helden - when im in a happy mood

trance: tiesto, armin van buuren, marcus shultz - when i wanna go crazy

PapiQueRico
06-30-2006, 01:30 PM
Hilton Ruiz, Hector Lavoe, Ray Baretto, Eddie Palmieri, Jimmy Bosch and others

houstonshemalefan
06-30-2006, 03:42 PM
XM Radio's Cinemagic. ;)

Fitz1600
06-30-2006, 05:19 PM
Toby Keith, Alan Jackson, Brad Paisley, Sara Evans, Shania Twain.....Can't go wrong with anything country!!

:violin :violin :violin

gaiseric
06-30-2006, 06:36 PM
I'm another of these people who has different music for different moods. My tastes range from Classical and opera to rock. My favourite groups are Scissor Sisters, Texas, No Doubt, Queen, Asia, Capercaillie, Amici Forever, Opera Babes. Solo singers Cher, Bruce Springsteen, Michael Ball, Lesley Garrett, Russell Watson, Elaine Page, Norah Jones.
Apart from the above, I am also a confirmed Meat Loaf freak. When I was doing my Open University degree, I always revised for exams with Meat Loaf on the stereo at full blast. Give the neighbours a treat and I can retreat into the sounds and do my work. Never failed an exam using this method.
I also listen to a lot of film and show soundtracks such as Starlight Express, Last samurai, Gladiator, Cats and so on.
Musical variety is the spice of life so they say.

Twinkie_Rameriez
11-14-2007, 02:59 PM
my favorite genre ever is Avant-Garde and the one I listen to most frequently.

other than that I love:
Free Form Jazz
Metal (All Sub-Genres of Metal have great bands)
Grindcore
Psychedelic
Bluegrass
Old School Soul / R&B
old School Gangsta Rap & Horrorcore (None of that ICP garbage)
Funk

Night Rider
11-14-2007, 03:35 PM
Rock (60s/70s/90s)

Rap (2pac and Biggie only)

Electro

Trance (only the good stuff)

Reggae

Tomfurbs
11-14-2007, 03:50 PM
Recent bands: Magnetic Fields, Wilco, Handsome Family (the country outfit), Eels, The Hold Steady

Moody Singer-Songwriters: Nico, Eliott Smith, John Prine

Old Bands: Dylan, Tom Waits, The Band, Neil Young, The Velvet Undergound, Janis Joplin,

Crazy sixties Girl groups like The Shangri-Las

French bubble-gum pop like Francoise Hardy, Serge Gainsbourg, Jaques Brel, France Gall,

Pre 1970's Motown/Soul: Etta James rocks socks, as does Curtis Mayfield and Smokey Robinson

Wierd esoteric ENGLISH (NOT Scottish or 'Celtic') folk music

If I am bladdered I will genally think that whatever is being played is the greatest thing in the world

JohnnyVee
11-14-2007, 04:46 PM
too long to list...here's a schizo sampling

Cocteau Twins
Massive Attack
BRMC
The Cure
Jesus and the Mary Chain
John Frusciante
Genesis (Gabriel Era)
Peter Gabriel
The Engineers
Suzanne Vega
Pigface
Skinny Puppy
Pink Nasty

francisfkudrow
11-14-2007, 06:05 PM
I mainly listen to industrial, ebm, synthpop, futurepop, and darkwave. Some artists I like: :wumpscut:, Combichrist, Covenant, Angels and Agony, Hoccico, Blutengel, Apoptygma Berzerk, Front Line Assembly, Front 242, Fear Factory, And One, and Feindflug

I also like hardcore, oi! and riot grrrl like Agnostic Front, Discipline, Hatebreed, The Casualties, The Exploited, Lars Frederiksen, Schoolyard Heroes, L7, 7 Year Bitch, Sleater-Kinney, The Donnas, or The Distillers.

Other times I'll throw on like The Cranberries, Belle and Sebastian, Blind Melon, The Wallflowers, Pedro the Lion or Ani DiFranco -- it all depends on my mood, I'm very versatile....

Cool taste in music, Zoe! I'm a fan of quite a few of these bands myself.

CORVETTEDUDE
11-14-2007, 06:37 PM
ZZ Top
Black Sabbath
Led Zeppilin
Pink Floyd
Jethro Tull
Yardbirds
Cream
ELP
Moody Blues
Deep Purple
Allman Brothers
Eagles
Doobie Brothers
Little Feat
Molly Hatchet
Groundhogs
Thin Lizzy
Procol Harum
Jimi Hendrix
Stevie Ray Vaughn
Jonny Lang
Bonnie Raitt
John Lee Hooker
Mud Slide Slim
Nickelback
AC/DC
Pantera
Manheim Steamroller
3 Doors Down
Jimmy Buffett

OOPS!!!!!! I forgot the 'Country',let me think a moment..........Nope, NO COUNTRY!!!!

tsmandy
11-14-2007, 07:29 PM
It depends on where I am geographically and what kind of mood I'm in. Some of my most consistent fave's...

Anything Stephen Merrit: including the Magnetic Fields, Future Bible Heroes, Gothic Archies, and of course the 6ths.

The Mountain Goats, especially pre-Tallahassee.
Serge Gainsbourg, Ennio Morricone, Pink Floyd (only with Syd Barrett),
John Lennon and Yoko Ono, Nina Simone, X, Tom Waits, Amadou and Mariam, Low, Neko Case, The Microphones,

early ska/rocksteady/northern soul groups like Alton Ellis, the Paragons, Phyllis Dillon,

Stereo Total, Smog, Joanna Newsome,

Leopard Zeppard, Suzy Crashcourse, and all my other wierdo performing friends. Really there aint no music like live music at 3 in the morning while you are getting down in the back of a barn.

ImpulZ
11-14-2007, 08:40 PM
metal :D

EyeCumInPiece
11-15-2007, 12:11 PM
Metallica, System of a down, nonpoint, cypress hill, Wu Tang Clan, Rakim, 2pac, BiG, Pun, ect

Bluntasaurus-Rex
11-15-2007, 05:37 PM
Generally I listen to a very eclectic mix of genres and bands.

but as far a favorites go, Musician wise I'm a huge fan of Mike Patton, John Zorn, Mick Barr, Trey Spruance, Sonny Sharrock, Justin Broadrick, Frank Zappa & G.G. Allin (more of a performance artist but still)

band wise I love Faith No More, Mr. Bungle, Fantomas, Tomahawk, Opeth, BTBAM, Orthrelm, PsyOpus, Estradasphere, Idiot Flesh, Nuclear Rabbit, The Blood Brothers, Cephalic Carnage, Godflesh, Electric Masada.....

I could go on for hours but I'll end it there.

remark44
11-15-2007, 10:11 PM
Jazz from the 50's-70's, Tom Waits, Zappa, Toro Takemitsu, Charles Ives, Folk

BlueEyedCordobaLover
11-15-2007, 10:53 PM
I listen to just about anything, but metal is my favorite. Blues, jazz, hardcore punk, oldies, anything.

redtiger
11-16-2007, 12:07 AM
For most of the year I like to listen to Classic Rock.

But during the winter months, for some strange reason, I like to listen to Jazz. And not just the stuff from Bob James, Kenny G, Al Jarreau, Jean Luc Ponty, Harry Connick Jr. I also like Manhatten Transfer and even some of the old Big Band tunes. Even Frank Sinatra and Tony Bennett!

TheOne1
11-16-2007, 12:16 AM
coheed and cambria, and victor wooten

chrissynw
11-16-2007, 12:26 AM
Mostly a mix of East-Coast rap, soul and a bit of classic rock

wz
11-16-2007, 12:31 AM
Interpol

KiraHarden
11-16-2007, 01:04 AM
I like rock, R & B and , and dance/electronic

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
11-16-2007, 01:06 AM
while viewing this website

http://www.di.fm/mp3/lounge.pls

only way I can get through it

TJT
11-16-2007, 07:00 AM
Pre 1970's Motown/Soul: Etta James rocks socks, as does Curtis Mayfield and Smokey Robinson

You're a smart man. If you can get a woman into your lair and throw on a mix of Etta and the Miracles,you're in like Flynn.

I always made the big move during "Sunday Kind of Love".

stevenb43
11-16-2007, 07:02 AM
New rock and roll country for me....Brooks and Dunn, Trace Adkins etc...

lust4ts
11-16-2007, 08:49 AM
Mainly intelligent Drum and Bass, Goldie or Ronnie Size.

Some old hip hop, Biggie, Pac, Murray, Sermon, Redman, Meth.

Foo Fighters, Nirvana, Pearl Jam, REM.

1999 - 2001 UK Garage

Mainly all old stuff

New, I suppose Artic Monkeys and Queens of the Stoneage, but that's about it, most new music sucks.

tall, dark & Handsome
11-16-2007, 09:34 AM
Right now I can't stop Listening to

Of Montreals - "We Were Born the Mutants Again With Leafling"

here is a link to my site where the video is

http://xpeeps.com/member.php?u=349678

Other favorite Bands are
Minor Threat
Black Flag
Minus The Bear
Sly and the family Stone
Mew