PDA

View Full Version : Taco Bell Now Wants Us To Visit Them For Breakfast

Dino Velvet
04-05-2014, 08:19 PM
I saw the ads and all the hoopla and decided to give Taco Bell a try for Breakfast. I walked in and asked, "What would be your Egg McMuffin, your showcase item that you are using to compete with McDonald's?" I ended up getting the AM Crunchwrap w/Steak. Made it a combo with the Cinnabon things and a coffee.

Get home and the AM Crunchwrap pretty much looked like it did on TV. Bit into it and it was boring and dry. They should have put more salsa on it and the tortilla was like folding up everything in a plain white envelope. I finished it but wasn't impressed and I do impress easy.

I don't recommend Taco Bell for Breakfast. I like Carl's Jr(Breakfast Biscuits), Burger King(Double Breakfast Croissant), Jack In The Box(everything is good there), or McDonald's(Sausage McMuffin w/egg).

http://www.tacobell.com/food/menu/breakfast-menu
http://www.tacobell.com/static_files/TacoBell/StaticAssets/images/food/menu/Menu_Breakfast_2014_A.jpg

Stavros
04-06-2014, 01:36 AM
Dino, you probably don't put ten spoonfuls of sugar in a cup of coffee, but that is probably how much sugar there is in those products, not to mention salt. If you want a breakfast that isn't going to give you type 1 Diabetes make you go blind and feel your legs fall off, you could just scramble some eggs at home...just sayin'...

Dino Velvet
04-06-2014, 01:50 AM
Dino, you probably don't put ten spoonfuls of sugar in a cup of coffee, but that is probably how much sugar there is in those products, not to mention salt. If you want a breakfast that isn't going to give you type 1 Diabetes make you go blind and feel your legs fall off, you could just scramble some eggs at home...just sayin'...

The nice folks at Taco Bell ask how many creams and sugars I would like and put them in for me. I'm a 3 creams and 6 sugars kinda fella. No bad diagnosis since I don't see doctors. I'm a pretty decent 6'1'' 235 at 46 years old who just had a good leg day at the gym.

I'm like Paula Deen with the butter when I cook for myself anyhow. Taco Bell is me showing discipline.

broncofan
04-06-2014, 02:20 AM
Hey Dino, when you lost all that weight for yourself you would walk. Just curious, how much walking did you do a day? I have an extra ten I'm trying to lose, have kind of been sedentary, so a lot of walking would probably do me well. Am I looking at a walk from D.C to New York or something, or a couple miles a day?

For some reason I'm never hungry in the morning. But if I were, I don't think I'd do taco bell...no offense...looks appetizing and all:). Edit: I actually see you aren't recommending Taco Bell breakfast. I'm not a snob but I've never been able to do fast food breakfast...not sure why.

Dino Velvet
04-06-2014, 02:39 AM
Hey Dino, when you lost all that weight for yourself you would walk. Just curious, how much walking did you do a day? I have an extra ten I'm trying to lose, have kind of been sedentary, so a lot of walking would probably do me well. Am I looking at a walk from D.C to New York or something, or a couple miles a day?

For some reason I'm never hungry in the morning. But if I were, I don't think I'd do taco bell...no offense...looks appetizing and all:). Edit: I actually see you aren't recommending Taco Bell breakfast. I'm not a snob but I've never been able to do fast food breakfast...not sure why.

I walked until my feet bled at first. Could wring out my socks. I just kept going and going until the weight fell off. I think the walking did something like reanimate my metabolism. I walk around 25-30 miles per week. This was the solution I was looking for as I can now regulate my weight and even play with it a bit. I used to wrestle and can be insanely fanatical when I want something bad enough. I had 2 choices at 320 lbs: live or die. I made my decision.

You'll lose your 10. Walking is so good for you. Good cardiovascular activity that is pretty low impact even on concrete. You live in a very interesting place. Taking a stroll there is more entertaining than taking in a show somewhere else. I enjoy walking and make sure I got my music with me.

As far as what you'd want to do personally, I couldn't tell you exactly. Everybody is different. Trial and error seems to work. Putting on your shoes and going outside is step one.

broncofan
04-06-2014, 02:55 AM
Thanks Dino. I wasn't entirely honest as I have been walking about 2.5 miles a day, five days a week to work (for one month now). I have lost five pounds in a month which is fine, but now I have a bet with a co-worker over losing 10 pounds. I'm going to double the distance.

You really committed yourself to the weight loss. That's awesome. In the last four or five years, now that I've entered my early thirties, I've noticed a big slow down of my metabolism. I used to be a really good tennis player, but I got on the court the other day and was hitting it fine, but dead tired after a few long points. And it was like my calves and ankles were working way too hard to carry around my weight. I can't let this get away from me;. Thanks for the tip. Time to re-animate my metabolism too.

Dino Velvet
04-06-2014, 03:03 AM
Thanks Dino. I wasn't entirely honest as I have been walking about 2.5 miles a day, five days a week to work (for one month now). I have lost five pounds in a month which is fine, but now I have a bet with a co-worker over losing 10 pounds. I'm going to double the distance.

You really committed yourself to the weight loss. That's awesome. In the last four or five years, now that I've entered my early thirties, I've noticed a big slow down of my metabolism. I used to be a really good tennis player, but I got on the court the other day and was hitting it fine, but dead tired after a few long points. And it was like my calves and ankles were working way too hard to carry around my weight. I can't let this get away from me;. Thanks for the tip. Time to re-animate my metabolism too.

You're on the right track. Walking 2.5 miles every day will put you in the right direction. Play with it until you get the results you want. You will get them. You're also a smart fella who knows how to train in the gym.

I'm a bit older and the metabolism and recovery period becomes an issue. I tore my left deltoid but only allowed myself to sit out 2 weeks thinking I don't want to stop progressing and I do have another arm. The injury just made me angrier and I wasn't going to be stopped by anything less than death. Basically 2/3 of my body declared war on 1/3 of it.

sukumvit boy
04-06-2014, 03:05 AM
Good work , Dino.
I very rarely eat fast , but the Green Burrito Breakfast burrito used to be exceptionally good.

Dino Velvet
04-06-2014, 03:15 AM
Good work , Dino.
I very rarely eat fast , but the Green Burrito Breakfast burrito used to be exceptionally good.

I eat what I want but do better portion control now. I used to eat 4 Quarter Pounders w/cheese in a single sitting. My father fed me like I was the Russian Army when I was a kid and I retained some bad habits even after he passed away. I remember my poor dad groaning pulling money out of his wallet to feed me as many times I'd order 2 full BBQ Beef Dinners before I was even a teenager. That's what he gets for having semen that works a stew into a 10 lb 3 oz baby.

buttslinger
04-06-2014, 03:26 AM
I'm like Paula Deen with the butter when I cook for myself anyhow. is

They say the greatest chefs in Europe throw insane amounts of butter and cream in their skillets.

If you want to ...with a bit of research and planning and shopping, there has never been a better time for the average Joe to eat the food that his body has been craving all along.

Bad news is, if you have an average Joe's job, it's almost impossible to make it happen when you run out of the door ten minutes late because you ignored the alarm clock.