PDA

View Full Version : Transgender Ethics

mildcigar_2001
03-31-2014, 05:40 PM
I recently ran across the following story:

http://www.slate.com/articles/life/dear_prudence/2014/03/dear_prudence_my_ex_didn_t_tell_me_she_was_transge nder_until_i_confronted.html

To boil it down, a guy was dating a post-op transexual (whom neglected to tell him about her TS status). The TS was then ratted out by her sister to the gentleman in question. The guy then goes on to marry said sister and they are going to have a baby. Loads of conflicting family loyalties.

In matters of right and wrong it seems to me that the TS commited the greater transgression (pun partialy intended). Having had your sex changed is something that you might want to mention in the first date or two. Especially if the boyfriend might be pursuing long term goals of a wife and kids.

I'm not exactly happy with the sister either (you shouldn't be in a hurry to be screw your sibling over). However, the sister in my view is less at fault because she at least has the truth on her side.

bluesoul
03-31-2014, 08:22 PM
cool story bro. do you happen to know if they've found that malaysian plane?

Jeffbr
03-31-2014, 08:58 PM
Thats a very tough one all right, in my opinion the sister was totally wrong to do that that should be a matter for Boy ang Girl she should have the right to tell him in her own time, yes it is bad to hold it off too long. As for children there is always adoption (I know it can be hard to adopt and harder still for Gay couples of both genders, I dont know where this would fall). I think the pressure that society puts on people is wrong, ie a man and woman, If a man and (tgirl) woman are happy they should have full support of the people around and acceptance. Live and let live after all we have maybe a good 80 years here. I could rant on but will stop here.

Ben in LA
03-31-2014, 09:02 PM
I'm going to go pop some popcorn.

NightmareX0666
03-31-2014, 09:52 PM
So the guy marries the sister who outed his girlfriend (her sister). Cute, so when the shit hits the fan between this guy and his wife, you think she is gonna keep quiet about him and his dirty laundry?

Oh and Bluesoul.....the plane will never be found, the aliens beamed it up to their spaceship.

bluesoul
03-31-2014, 10:18 PM
thanks for the answer nightmarex0666

btw: springer called: he'd like his ideas back (to slate.com)

http://www.humortimes.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/Jerry-Springer-Guests-Fighting.jpg

gaysian71
03-31-2014, 10:43 PM
So the guy marries the sister who outed his girlfriend (her sister). Cute, so when the shit hits the fan between this guy and his wife, you think she is gonna keep quiet about him and his dirty laundry?

Oh and Bluesoul.....the plane will never be found, the aliens beamed it up to their spaceship.

Lol, that's funny. I'm sure the guys wife calls him a faggot ever time she gets pissed at him. And probably often reminds him that he was dating her "brother".

NightmareX0666
04-01-2014, 12:17 AM
Lol, that's funny. I'm sure the guys wife calls him a faggot ever time she gets pissed at him. And probably often reminds him that he was dating her "brother".

And I hope he reminds her that her sister(brother) was more woman than she will ever be...

gaysian71
04-01-2014, 12:33 AM
And I hope he reminds her that her sister(brother) was more woman than she will ever be...

You might be right there. I know a lot of transgender women who are far more feminine than most gg's