PDA

View Full Version : Barack Obama Will Not Remove One Gun Nor Even One Bullet From My House

Dino Velvet
03-29-2014, 01:42 AM
I don't think he has any interest in doing it. Many gun owners worry about Obama but it's the gun control folks getting the pat on the head. I did mention to a clerk that, "Barack Obama's face sells guns like Uncle Ben's does rice." No argument. It was Tuesday afternoon and the place was packed. Paranoia propping itself atop a soapbox making the register ring all day long. Hand wringing from gun control people causes hand wringing from gun advocates which causes more gun sales than gun restrictions. CYA on Election Day.

buttslinger
03-29-2014, 02:13 AM
Power to the People Right On!!!!

Black Panthers and the need for gun control - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RH_LkDhmiE)

robertlouis
03-29-2014, 02:51 AM
I don't think he has any interest in doing it. Many gun owners worry about Obama but it's the gun control folks getting the pat on the head. I did mention to a clerk that, "Barack Obama's face sells guns like Uncle Ben's does rice." No argument. It was Tuesday afternoon and the place was packed. Paranoia propping itself atop a soapbox making the register ring all day long. Hand wringing from gun control people causes hand wringing from gun advocates which causes more gun sales than gun restrictions. CYA on Election Day.

A sad but uncontestable truth, Dino.

Dino Velvet
03-29-2014, 02:56 AM
A sad but uncontestable truth, Dino.

We agree then. Extremes of both sides have shit in their ears; one paranoid about being disarmed and the other dancing around a campfire naive thinking the government is doing something. A pat on the head is not a pat on the back and worse than a kick in the ass.

robertlouis
03-29-2014, 03:06 AM
We agree then. Extremes of both sides have shit in their ears; one paranoid about being disarmed and the other dancing around a campfire naive thinking the government is doing something. A pat on the head is not a pat on the back and worse than a kick in the ass.

Yup. Murica will hang on to its guns till everyone is dead apart from the last man standing.

Dino Velvet
03-29-2014, 03:11 AM
Yup. Murica will hang on to its guns till everyone is dead apart from the last man standing.

That's a little gloomy. Bit of a draft up the plaid skirt?

buttslinger
03-29-2014, 03:45 AM
I'm a little more afraid of the extremist holding the gun, Dino.
Gun Control and Abortion are the two hot button 50/50 issues, so that puts the lunatic fringe the farthest away from each other, and both deal with the definition of murder, so that's pretty extreme any way you look at it!!

Lots of people insist that evil men win when good men do nothing, but I think just as much evil is spread when you start tallying up your neighbor's sins.

KLAATU BARRADA NICKTO!!!!!

trish
03-29-2014, 03:47 AM
No president will ever come after your guns or bullets. Only the legislative branch can do that. But hey, twenty dead second graders couldn't budge Congress to pass legislation that even smells like tighter firearm regulation. So those guns are safe for a long, long time. As safe as a pack of condoms with pinholes.

Dino Velvet
03-29-2014, 04:03 AM
I'd would also like to add that Congress will never come after my guns or bullets. Also politicians.

Ben
03-29-2014, 05:06 AM
Always found this funny...

Chris Rock on Gun Control:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OuX-nFmL0II

George Carlin on the NRA:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPDuYXGAuBw

martin48
03-29-2014, 02:14 PM
We Brits have done our bit for gun control

Piers Morgan signs off CNN show with final plea for gun control

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2014/03/29/piers-morgan-signs-off-cnn-show-with-final-plea-for-gun-control

Please don't send this asshole back to us!

mrtrebus
03-29-2014, 03:07 PM
No president will ever come after your guns or bullets.
Unfortunately

buttslinger
03-29-2014, 08:40 PM
Even with free speech there is an exception: you can't yell FIRE in a crowded theatre.

9mm hand guns are designed to kill people and there is absolutely no reason to own one: with an exception: to protect your home.

Gaming the System is how America stays #1

Politically, most Red states have country miles, you can shoot anywhere and not hit anyone. You can bet I'd have a trunkful of guns if I lived there. But does ANYONE really want Sarah Palin carrying the nuclear football in her purse?

Angelbaby11986
03-29-2014, 09:02 PM
obama what kind of name is that hes the worst pres in history along with bush and all the other crooked ppl i mean i know auto insurance is a big thing because stupid people get behind the wheel of cars but us as americans should b able to choose if we want life or health insurance or any type of insurance he just got into office became filthy rich now hes trying to take away peoples guns lol wow hes not even black or white hes a piece of shit and he needs to leave all this political stuff to the white people that actually know what they are doing....he done let our embassy get attacked and didnt do shit about it some one needs to shoot him in da head..... lol sorry every one i just had to throw that out there i seen obamam and saw blood lmfao

trish
03-29-2014, 09:53 PM
lol, that's a funny one.

Ben in LA
03-30-2014, 12:00 AM
obama what kind of name is that
Obama (surname) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Obama_%28surname%29)

hes the worst pres in history along with bush and all the other crooked ppl
Google Warren G. Harding. And Ronald Reagan (http://www.examiner.com/article/8-reasons-why-ronald-reagan-was-the-worst-president-of-our-lifetime).

i mean i know auto insurance is a big thing because stupid people get behind the wheel of cars but us as americans should b able to choose if we want life or health insurance or any type of insurance
If you don't have insurance when you get into an auto accident, don't ask me to pay your hospital bills. Also, gun owners SHOULD have insurance because stupid people get a hold of guns as well.

he just got into office became filthy rich
No, he got into office because the American public elected him. Very few "average folk" get elected these days anyway because IT TAKES MONEY.

now hes trying to take away peoples guns lol
He's been "trying to take away people's guns" for five years now. Has he been successful? I still have MY guns; I haven't seen any Secret Service folks at my door asking for my Glock. If he's trying, he's doing a really shitty job at it.

wow hes not even black or white hes a piece of shit
He's more of a caramel. And I guess you're saying folks that aren't black or white are pieces of shit. Like Asians. And those of Latin descent.

he needs to leave all this political stuff to the white people that actually know what they are doing.
I'd rather have him in office instead of Ted Cruz, Rand Paul, Donald Trump, Mitt Romney, etc....THOSE are some white people (except for Cruz) who know how to run a country. Plus it's not like white people did such a good job the last time they had the presidency. Remember what happened September 11, 2001? Oh, yeah...the president isn't the only one who runs the country. There are three branches of government you know.

he done let our embassy get attacked and didnt do shit about it
Neither did Bush when our embassies were attacked FOUR TIMES. All Republicans did was cut funding for security that most likely would have prevented that event. Dammit, Benghazi has been debunked already!

some one needs to shoot him in da head...
People always talking about folks in this country wanting handouts. If you want that job done, do it yourself. Remember, Obama is doing a shitty job with taking your guns, so you should have one handy. Just be prepared to be shot up yourself if you DO try...and have insurance, because I'm not paying for your doctor bills.

lol sorry every one i just had to throw that out there i seen obamam and saw blood lmfao
Sorry, whenever I see folks acting this way, I wish I could shoot them in the head. And yes, I have insurance.

Dino Velvet
03-30-2014, 01:30 AM
Hey Ben, what kind of Glock you got? I have a Model 21, 22, and 27. With all the accessories they offer I wish they could sell me an extra hand to hold the 3rd gun with. You got 10 rounders or funner size clips? Glock is good bang for your buck. My Sig P220 cost me almost a grand.

http://us.glock.com/
http://forum.guns.ru/forums/icons/forum_pictures/004692/4692256.gif

fred41
03-30-2014, 02:21 AM
obama what kind of name is that hes the worst pres in history along with bush and all the other crooked ppl i mean i know auto insurance is a big thing because stupid people get behind the wheel of cars but us as americans should b able to choose if we want life or health insurance or any type of insurance he just got into office became filthy rich now hes trying to take away peoples guns lol wow hes not even black or white hes a piece of shit and he needs to leave all this political stuff to the white people that actually know what they are doing....he done let our embassy get attacked and didnt do shit about it some one needs to shoot him in da head..... lol sorry every one i just had to throw that out there i seen obamam and saw blood lmfao

I don't always catch the nuance in someone's sense of humor...is this satire?

robertlouis
03-30-2014, 03:45 AM
I don't always catch the nuance in someone's sense of humor...is this satire?

If it isn't it's worse than scary.

broncofan
03-30-2014, 05:49 AM
Actually Fred that's the literary style known as stream of consciousness. It's definitely a stream.

And two people liked the post. I'm guessing it's those two birdbrains envivision and 95racer. They read it and wish they had thought of it.

trish
03-30-2014, 07:13 AM
I looked at her other posts, saw they were literate by comparison and reasoned that this post was a sarcasm and mockery. Guess we'll have to wait to see if Angelbaby enlightens us.

buttslinger
03-30-2014, 07:38 PM
...And two people liked the post. I'm guessing it's those two birdbrains envivision and 95racer... .

Uh, no, I was one of them, I like to stir the pot.

4incheshard
04-04-2014, 10:30 PM
Criminal dictatorships such as has have always disarmed the public early in their regimes. History always repeats itself if good people do nothing about it.

trish
04-04-2014, 10:44 PM
And many democracies have reasonable controls over the sale of firearms and regulations governing their use. The US isn't one of them. No one is coming after your penis compensators. No one.

buttslinger
04-05-2014, 12:23 AM
Normally, I agree with everything Trish says, she gets paid to determine the true from the false, after all.
But: in order to get anything done, first

You have to be able to get away with it.
Remember when Ted Kennedy died suddenly and Scott Brown came to town?
Secondly, my motto is:

Live and Let Live
And, uh, this is a little trickier, because this motto would seem to condemn people who kill other people. But it also says that all people are innocent until proven guilty in a Court of Law. Which is pure bullshit but it's the American Way.

robertlouis
04-05-2014, 03:04 AM
Criminal dictatorships such as has have always disarmed the public early in their regimes. History always repeats itself if good people do nothing about it.

"Criminal dictatorships". Hmm. Where's the evidence? The Nazis didn't disarm their citizens. Nor did Mao. Or Stalin.

More factless scaremongering.

Dino Velvet
04-05-2014, 03:29 AM
Like I had said before no one is disarming anyone. When politicians flap their gums about gun control they give false hope to some for political cover and others are also gullible motivated by fear of upcoming restrictions which causes them to load up on guns and ammo. Both parties are bought and paid off. Your servants have not been your heros. Pessimism is the order of the day if you're for meaningful gun control.

buttslinger
04-05-2014, 06:50 AM
When I was a kid, we all were jealous of the kid whose parents let him have a B B Gun, there really weren't that many. My .38 is in my house mainly for the cool factor, I admit, living in the suburbs it would take me an hour to drive far enough outside civilization to shoot cans. My Mom is a better shot than I am, she grew up with guns on the farm.
I hope RobertLouis doesn't think I dodge gun battles on the way to the grocery store, believe me, if I went outside and fired my gun in the air there would be 10 police cars in front of my house inside of 5 minutes.
But I could write a page on people I've known who died by a gun, and even more who died for completely senseless reasons.
But there must be a reason, I cannot remember ever reading a serious article on why a seemingly advanced nation like the US has so many gun fatalities, outside the fact that we have so many guns.
Friday is 5 star difficulty SODOKU day, but the TV shows I had on were Hawaii 5-O, and Blue Bloods. What were they about? MURDERS!!!

trish
04-05-2014, 07:29 AM
Yeah, it's the TV crime shows behind all these senseless firearm fatalities. And the violent X-box games. Except other Western nations, with much lower rates of gun fatality, watch just as many murder mysteries, cop shows and play the same violent console games. It's the availability of guns. That's the reason. If there's a gun in your home, no matter how cool it is, it increases the probability that someone living in your home or just visiting will shoot themselves or someone else, either accidentally or deliberately. That's not abstract math or statistics, it's simply the empirical evidence. It shouldn't be surprising though. All things being equal, if you lay more traps, you catch more people.

But it also says that all people are innocent until proven guilty in a Court of Law. Which is pure bullshit but it's the American Way. Actually the accused are "presumed" innocent unless a prosecutor demonstrates , beyond a reasonable doubt, their guilt to a jury of their peers in a court of law. I'm not sure what you're calling bullshit here: the principle or the practice. I'm pretty solid with the principle.

buttslinger
04-05-2014, 08:45 AM
Well what's the reason there are so many guns in houses? They sell guns in Canada and England. They have every opportunity to buy a handgun or a shotgun, and nobody in the US is saying a citizen in good standing can't buy a handgun.

Maybe the people in England are Ladies and Gents.

Oh, and PRESUMING innocence, people would be MUCH safer if you presumed they were idiots and banned all guns! All the cops carry guns.

I think any bill the Democrats would want to pass would still allow people to buy pretty much all the guns they want.

So it is pretty clear that death by guns in the U.S. is a serious problem that far exceeds that of other Western nations. Two distinguished legal scholars, Franklin Zimring and Gordon Hawkins, compared crime rates in the G-7 countries (Canada, England, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, and the United States) between in their book, Crime Is Not The Problem: Lethal Violence In America Is. Bluntly, they stated their conclusion: "What is striking about the quantity of lethal violence in the United States is that it is a third-world phenomenon occurring in a first-world nation."

This comes from a Psychology Today article I just googled. They agree that the more guns you have, the more shootings you have. We also export more guns than anybody and outspend almost the entire rest of the world on the military!!

I think I recognize the problem, I do not see the solution. The problem is we're Americans.......YEE HAWW!!!

The article went on to say the Japanese and Australians both voluntarily gave up their guns even the Yakusa went along with it. But I honestly don't see that getting pulled off here. Even Psychology today justs describes the problem. They don't have a solution. You can't hope that a school gets shot up every week. Doesn't hurt to wave the flag, keep preaching sanity, but the Star Spangled Banner is about Rockets and Bombs. Our National Anthem.

dderek123
04-05-2014, 01:00 PM
Well what's the reason there are so many guns in houses? They sell guns in Canada and England. They have every opportunity to buy a handgun or a shotgun, and nobody in the US is saying a citizen in good standing can't buy a handgun.

Maybe the people in England are Ladies and Gents.

Oh, and PRESUMING innocence, people would be MUCH safer if you presumed they were idiots and banned all guns! All the cops carry guns.

I think any bill the Democrats would want to pass would still allow people to buy pretty much all the guns they want.

So it is pretty clear that death by guns in the U.S. is a serious problem that far exceeds that of other Western nations. Two distinguished legal scholars, Franklin Zimring and Gordon Hawkins, compared crime rates in the G-7 countries (Canada, England, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, and the United States) between in their book, Crime Is Not The Problem: Lethal Violence In America Is. Bluntly, they stated their conclusion: "What is striking about the quantity of lethal violence in the United States is that it is a third-world phenomenon occurring in a first-world nation."

This comes from a Psychology Today article I just googled. They agree that the more guns you have, the more shootings you have. We also export more guns than anybody and outspend almost the entire rest of the world on the military!!

I think I recognize the problem, I do not see the solution. The problem is we're Americans.......YEE HAWW!!!

The article went on to say the Japanese and Australians both voluntarily gave up their guns even the Yakusa went along with it. But I honestly don't see that getting pulled off here. Even Psychology today justs describes the problem. They don't have a solution. You can't hope that a school gets shot up every week. Doesn't hurt to wave the flag, keep preaching sanity, but the Star Spangled Banner is about Rockets and Bombs. Our National Anthem.

http://dkznewsteam.files.wordpress.com/2014/03/americafy.gif

trish
04-05-2014, 04:36 PM
Well what's the reason there are so many guns in houses?Corporate greed and the NRA. The NRA used to be a organization the promoted target shooting, safe hunting, and conservation. Now it all up in everybody's face screaming carry, Carry, CARRY. They found out it sells more guns. The manufacturers love them.

buttslinger
04-05-2014, 09:30 PM
Corporate greed and the NRA.

Well, I have a hard time arguing with that.

If I make any point about guns or judging people, it's that you can only see the tip of the iceberg. Which is OK if you're in a ship on the water.

Money hungry corporations insist they advance the standard of living in the US. While janitors and the homeless want no part of corporate greed, they sure line up at 7-11 to buy those 400 million dollar lottery tickets.

Buttslinger would be cool if we successfully ridded the land of guns, gambling, drugs, pollution, Karl Rove, classrooms with 35 kids.

Obamacare is a dramatic achievement. Corporate greed knows this, and doesn't like it. Everybody likes healthcare. Especially when an unforeseen bullet invades their body. Big Business will lose it's cut if we advance to universal healthcare.

The tobacco companies have already got patents on the names "Acapulco Gold, Panama Red," etc.

Wall Street is way ahead of Pennsylvania Ave. The reason corporate greed is so successful is because it banks on citizen greed. If the serpent can't trick Adam into eating the apple, he can get Eve to talk him into it.

People are stupid by nature. Most Americans don't want to move to Canada or England. We embrace American Stupidity. Prohibition is for little old ladies.

People with MSN homepages probably just saw that article where the faces on kid's cereal boxes are angled so they directly stare down from the store shelves into the eyes of little kids. Every business in the World dreams of hitting it big in the USA. This is where the money is.

Temptation is on every aisle of the supermarket.

robertlouis
04-06-2014, 02:43 AM
They sell guns in Canada and England.

The process of buying a gun is highly-policed, governed by fairly draconian rules, extremely complex and rigorous in the UK. Your casual description implies that it's almost the ludicrous free for all that it is in the US. Not so.

Even members of gun clubs can't keep their weapons at home, and most guns held in private hands are used exclusively for sport. And that is a very narrow range of weapons, mostly shotguns.

Please don't make facile comparisons. The two primary reasons why the number of gun deaths and shootings is an infinitesimal proportion in the UK to the daily litany of tragic slaughter in the US is, one, simply because we don't have a historical culture of freely available weaponry and two, because we manage gun ownership responsibly and cautiously. And our country is, as a result, 50 times safer than yours.

buttslinger
04-06-2014, 04:04 AM
And our country is, as a result, 50 times safer than yours.

Hey Robert, isn't it like 3AM over there?

Ok, lets just say you were born in America and were a US citizen....what would you do, defect to the absolute safest country in the world?

Would you blow up the gun stores or assassinate top members of the NRA?

Would you burn your flag?

I been to England. My Dad's been in England,....in 1944!!! Saving your country's ass!!!!

You didn't mind our guns THEN, did ya!!

I went to the English museum, you sure got a lot of stuff you stole from your colonial days. Gandhi had to shame you into leaving India.

ha ha Robert, relax, if I could get rid of every gun today in the whole world I would. I can go over to Walmart and buy a shotgun right now, handguns take a three day waiting period. There is a gun show loophole that says one guy can sell another guy his gun without a check, I think that's it, and you can buy a banana clip on the internet easy. These are the laws the Democrats want to change. But that's it. Or something close to that.

Reagan actually tried to do gun control when he found out it was legal for the black panthers to stroll around LA with rifles.

It used to be after a war you melted your guns into plowshares. That's what happened in the US after WWII we were unprepared for WWII.

We have now officially declared ourselves to be the badguys of the world. And that is not going to change. Not for the forseeable future anyway. Look up, that's our nuclear umbrella over your head. You think it's tough being our friend? Try being our enemy.

robertlouis
04-06-2014, 04:28 AM
Hey Robert, isn't it like 3AM over there?

Ok, lets just say you were born in America and were a US citizen....what would you do, defect to the absolute safest country in the world?

Would you blow up the gun stores or assassinate top members of the NRA?

Would you burn your flag?

I been to England. My Dad's been in England,....in 1944!!! Saving your country's ass!!!!

You didn't mind our guns THEN, did ya!!

I went to the English museum, you sure got a lot of stuff you stole from your colonial days. Gandhi had to shame you into leaving India.

ha ha Robert, relax, if I could get rid of every gun today in the whole world I would. I can go over to Walmart and buy a shotgun right now, handguns take a three day waiting period. There is a gun show loophole that says one guy can sell another guy his gun without a check, I think that's it, and you can buy a banana clip on the internet easy. These are the laws the Democrats want to change. But that's it. Or something close to that.

Reagan actually tried to do gun control when he found out it was legal for the black panthers to stroll around LA with rifles.

It used to be after a war you melted your guns into plowshares. That's what happened in the US after WWII we were unprepared for WWII.

We have now officially declared ourselves to be the badguys of the world. And that is not going to change. Not for the forseeable future anyway. Look up, that's our nuclear umbrella over your head. You think it's tough being our friend? Try being our enemy.

I fully recognise that the two situations are entirely different and that there's no prospect of the US moving to a UK style position on gun control.

BTW, my dad was up to his eyes in shit in Italy in 1944 wondering where you guys had been for the last five years, but that's by the by..... :whistle:

As for the nuclear deterrent, well, I haven't heard a fully convincing argument for retaining it in its current form since Soviet communism collapsed. At a small scale and possibly tactical level, yes, but right now it looks out of place in the new dangerous era of terrorism and localised wars.

Personally, I'd rather have more and better hospitals, schools and homes than the £Billions we're pissing away on a replacement for Trident.

buttslinger
04-06-2014, 05:48 AM
Personally, I'd rather have more and better hospitals, schools and homes than the £Billions we're pissing away on a replacement for Trident.

Hey, try living under George Bush for eight years.

There is going to be a day when the US gets sane gun rules, but it's going to be a while. Same with pollution laws.
Eventually, we're going to move towards schools and hospitals. When the money is gone, and all the businesses can't make INSANE profits.

I thought you were going to blast me after that last post, Robert, you are a fine gentleman. Waiting to get your CD.

muh_muh
04-07-2014, 02:10 AM
But there must be a reason, I cannot remember ever reading a serious article on why a seemingly advanced nation like the US has so many gun fatalities, outside the fact that we have so many guns.

because that is the reason
http://mark.reid.name/pics/figures/deaths-vs-guns.png

Dino Velvet
04-07-2014, 02:19 AM
I wanna ask my British friends a light-hearted question. When you fellas were teenagers riding around with your friends in a car and wanted to sit up front how would you announce it to the others? Did you also have a name for the middle seat in the back that you made the new guy sit in?

robertlouis
04-07-2014, 02:48 AM
I wanna ask my British friends a light-hearted question. When you fellas were teenagers riding around with your friends in a car and wanted to sit up front how would you announce it to the others? Did you also have a name for the middle seat in the back that you made the new guy sit in?

Umm. We had small cars Dino. Kind of hard to get three humans of any size in the back seat of a Mini. And generally speaking, British cars were and are smaller than US ones, and young guys usually start out with a small car that will take four at a squeeze. Same then, same now.

The Mini is 1960s, the Corsa 2000s. And if you guys drove cars that size the planet would heave a sigh of relief.

Dino Velvet
04-07-2014, 02:57 AM
Umm. We had small cars Dino. Kind of hard to get three humans of any size in the back seat of a Mini. And generally speaking, British cars were and are smaller than US ones, and young guys usually start out with a small car that will take four at a squeeze. Same then, same now.

The Mini is 1960s, the Corsa 2000s. And if you guys drove cars that size the planet would heave a sigh of relief.

Was your first car one of those? My first car was a 1970 Plymouth 'Cuda. I'll put a picture of one below.

Love the scene in Snatch where the fat guy gets in the little car with all the noise the leather made rubbing together.

Anyway, in America we'd say "I got shotgun!" if you want to sit up front. The new guy rode "bitch" in the back in the middle.

http://i1023.photobucket.com/albums/af351/Torgo70/cuda3.jpg

robertlouis
04-07-2014, 03:42 AM
Was your first car one of those? My first car was a 1970 Plymouth 'Cuda. I'll put a picture of one below.

Love the scene in Snatch where the fat guy gets in the little car with all the noise the leather made rubbing together.

Anyway, in America we'd say "I got shotgun!" if you want to sit up front. The new guy rode "bitch" in the back in the middle.

[/IMG]

A Mini Cooper like this one, same colours. The new BMW Minis are good, but nothing cornered like the original.

Dino Velvet
04-07-2014, 03:53 AM
A Mini Cooper like this one, same colours. The new BMW Minis are good, but nothing cornered like the original.

I think BMW did a heck of a job. They're still small but look very sturdy and stable on the road. Some very sporty models too. I also like the old ones for the vintage look.

robertlouis
04-07-2014, 04:02 AM
I think BMW did a heck of a job. They're still small but look very sturdy and stable on the road. Some very sporty models too. I also like the old ones for the vintage look.

I've driven the new Minis and they're great. Fabulous town car and impressive on winding roads. But they'll never replace the original in my affections.

Dino Velvet
04-07-2014, 04:12 AM
I've driven the new Minis and they're great. Fabulous town car and impressive on winding roads. But they'll never replace the original in my affections.

I imagine. I'm sentimental about many American cars from the 1970s. Saw an Italian film with Bronson that had these great chases with big American sedans and coupes filmed in Italy/France. Must have had great drivers maneuvering those big cars around those small, curvy roads.

When I saw the film Phantasm as a kid I just had to have a 'Cuda. I could get 8 MPG if I was good and didn't floor it too much.

Phantasm Cudas - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmWawY01Qvo)

robertlouis
04-07-2014, 04:44 AM
Saw an Italian film with Bronson that had these great chases with big American sedans and coupes filmed in Italy/France. Must have had great drivers maneuvering those big cars around those small, curvy roads.

...which is why we prefer smaller and more maneouvrable cars in Europe. You know, ones that can corner.

Here's a couple of shots from the Mini's finest cinematic hour, The Italian Job. That's the '69 original, not the pallid remake.

Dino Velvet
04-07-2014, 04:53 AM
...which is why we prefer smaller and more maneouvrable cars in Europe. You know, ones that can corner.

Here's a couple of shots from the Mini's finest cinematic hour, The Italian Job. That's the '69 original, not the pallid remake.

Agreed. The original was better. Was Michael Caine in the remake too? He was in the Get Carter remake. He should make The Hand vs The Brain vs The Swarm on The Island. Also maybe Jaws Revenge: Dressed To Kill having Hoagie going after a gender bender man-eating shark.

"Got me money?"