PDA

View Full Version : Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 Conspiracy Theories...

Ben
03-12-2014, 02:43 AM
Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 Conspiracy Theories - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8A5wWQWl0W4)

Ben
03-12-2014, 02:45 AM
Malaysia Airlines flight MH370: what we know – and what we don't:

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/mar/11/malaysia-airlines-flight-mh370-search-missing-plane-balotelli

RallyCola
03-12-2014, 02:47 AM
not much shocks me anymore, but at least when the Air France flight went down, we had some idea of what happened...that is, Air France and the tower in Paris knew there were error codes, just not the severity nor ineptness of the pilots.

With this plane, to have no data on it is really quite astonishing.

Ben
03-12-2014, 03:02 AM
not much shocks me anymore, but at least when the Air France flight went down, we had some idea of what happened...that is, Air France and the tower in Paris knew there were error codes, just not the severity nor ineptness of the pilots.

With this plane, to have no data on it is really quite astonishing.

I'm amazed that it just vanished. Isn't this unprecedented? I'm nervous about flying at the best of times. This'll make me even more nervous.

http://i1.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article3222789.ece/ALTERNATES/s615/Missing-Flight-graphic-3222789.jpg

RallyCola
03-12-2014, 03:12 AM
it isn't unprecedented per se...as i said, the air france flight that vanished in 2009 at least had some warning before it too vanished. it took a few years before they finally found it and the black box.

with this, all data states that there was no issue right before it vanished so, though the air france flight is a precedent, the situations are a bit different.

RallyCola
03-12-2014, 03:13 AM
anyone else want to assume n. korea shot it down?

fingerhold
03-12-2014, 03:15 AM
Lost

flabbybody
03-12-2014, 03:47 AM
something or someone on board rendered everyone unconscious and the plane flew on autopilot for hours. What happened? Where did it go? Why?
I'll be pissed if they label this "mechanical failure" , the way they did with crash off Long Island in 1996.

Ben
03-12-2014, 03:47 AM

All sorts of speculation. Pilot suicide, China (or N. Korea?) shot it down, terrorism... all sorts. I think they will find it. Just a question of time.

LilyRox
03-12-2014, 03:52 AM
http://indigestmag.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/George-Tsoukalos_Aliens.jpg

trish
03-12-2014, 06:45 AM
My theory: There was an orgy in the cockpit and somebody's ass bumped the wrong toggles at the wrong time.

AshlynCreamher
03-12-2014, 07:09 AM
Have you ever smashed your cell phone with a brick and than try calling it to see what happens? What happens is the call goes straight to voicemail without a single ring.

This is interesting because "19 families have signed a joint statement saying that their family members’ cell phones connected, but the calls hung up."

How odd it is that this airplane supposedly evaporated in mid flight (without a trace of wreckage) but the cell phones still work.

Idt20082008"
03-12-2014, 07:17 AM

That can't be it, Malaysia is almost 3000 miles from North Korea, plane wasn't anywhere near N. Korea airspace and any missile flying that distance would Be noticed. I'm as baffled and fascinated as anyone - I was wondering if something like what happened to Payne Stewart could have happened, but someone had to turn off the transponder manually so that doesn't seem likely

be2378
03-12-2014, 07:27 AM
It went thru the Stargate.

Ben in LA
03-12-2014, 07:31 AM
One of the main TEAhadists is blaming Obama. Seriously.

http://aattp.org/conservatives-blame-obama-for-missing-malaysian-airplane-no-really-audio/

lordworm
03-12-2014, 08:18 AM
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!

Stavros
03-12-2014, 11:17 AM
For those of you interest in this, there is a forum for professional pilots which has a thread, already over 100 pages long, but does contain some interesting discussions on the technology of aeroplane communications, potential problems with the design of the 777 although its safety record is pretty good, some speculation on the fuselage, the cargo, as well as a run through of conspiracy theories. Interestingly, there is the claim that the US satellite network provided the Malaysian authorities with information on the grounds that they not reveal the source so as not to alert the Chinese, the Russians and the North Koreans to their capability in this area.

There is also a theory that the pilots may have suddenly lost control/consciousness and that the plane crashed in a large jungle area of northern Sumatra, as it never reached Chinese air space.

A grim story whichever angle you approach it from,

Link to the forum is here:

http://www.pprune.org/rumours-news/535538-malaysian-airlines-mh370-contact-lost.html

RallyCola
03-12-2014, 01:09 PM
i don't buy the autopilot theory because it would still have been tracked even if off course. that there is NO data is most puzzling. its location and the fate of all the passengers is nearly irrelevant now as it is downed somewhere in the ocean and after so many days, i can't see how there are any survivors. i understand the families want closure but that will only come when the plane found. what is relevant is how and why this happened.

Quiet Reflections
03-13-2014, 07:16 AM
It got sucked into a vortex of evil that opened up at the exact point where Russia,China, and North Korea meet.

BiBoyinBeantown
03-13-2014, 08:56 AM
The cell phone thing has been dismissed/debunked for a while now: http://www.cnn.com/2014/03/12/world/asia/mh370-phone-theory-debunked/

The other large class of people who travel on stolen documents is people seeking asylum, or otherwise seeking to immigrate. Authorities have figured out the real identities of the two individuals who were traveling on the stolen passports and they have no known links to any terrorist organizations. Likely they're just guys who wanted to immigrate to some western European country. One had his mother waiting for him at the airport in Frankfurt, IIRC, so maybe they wanted to go to Germany. One of them says "Hey, how're we going to get out of Iran, or get work permits in the EU?" and the other one says "I know a guy who knows a guy who sells stolen passports to migrants." Simple explanation.

Tashajones
03-13-2014, 11:14 AM
I have been watching cnn non-stop since this has happened. It is crazy to me with how advanced we are that it should not be simple to track this plane down by following sat images that I am sure are saved somewhere as they have shown images from the past? Maybe I am missing something because this is something I know very little about. But to me that would seem to be the best course of action.

I also think because those Country's are so secretive that they are not releasing all the information. Like today when they released that they had images of what could be the crush site (Turned out to be nothing there now) but they had that information since Sunday? They wait 4 days to release it or not send search rescue to that location first?

Who I really feel for is the families the hell they must be going though with the unknown and to really still hold out hope for the best. But truthfully I think it is safe to say this story will have a sad ending :(

Always_aUnicorn
03-13-2014, 04:39 PM
http://m.us.wsj.com/articles/SB10001424052702304914904579434653903086282?mobile =y

francisfkudrow
03-13-2014, 05:20 PM
Shouldn't be long before the conservatives blame it on Obama. Perhaps the narrative will say that someone who could prove he was born in Kenya was on the plane? $1 says I'll hear something along this line at work this weekend.

maxpower
03-13-2014, 05:49 PM
Shouldn't be long before the conservatives blame it on Obama. Perhaps the narrative will say that someone who could prove he was born in Kenya was on the plane? $1 says I'll hear something along this line at work this weekend.

Already happened. See Ben in LA's earlier post in this thread.

trish
03-13-2014, 05:56 PM
I have been watching cnn non-stop since this has happened. It is crazy to me with how advanced we are that it should not be simple to track this plane down by following sat images that I am sure are saved somewhere as they have shown images from the past? Maybe I am missing something because this is something I know very little about. But to me that would seem to be the best course of action.

I also think because those Country's are so secretive that they are not releasing all the information. Like today when they released that they had images of what could be the crush site (Turned out to be nothing there now) but they had that information since Sunday? They wait 4 days to release it or not send search rescue to that location first?

Who I really feel for is the families the hell they must be going though with the unknown and to really still hold out hope for the best. But truthfully I think it is safe to say this story will have a sad ending :(

The area one would have to search is vast compared to the size of the object (an airliner or it's debris) one wishes to find. It will take time for even a large team of people to scan all the high resolution satellite images. I think cloud sourcing the problem might render much quicker results, but no way will these images be made available to the general public.

I will be surprised if this crash is due to anything other than a technical failure, pilot error or an out of control orgy in the cabin. If it were terrorist inspired I would think some group would have claimed responsibility by now. The whole point of terrorism is to advertise and attract attention to its cause. The window of advertising opportunity is closing fast as the days since the crash recede and new stories begin to steal the lime light.

martin48
03-13-2014, 06:08 PM
Conspiracy or cock-up? Usually the latter

Stavros
03-13-2014, 08:51 PM
One of the things that puzzles me is this: we can track an aircraft smaller than a 777 from here to the Moon and back, yet the tracking of a civilian airliner throughout its journey is less secure. I think after the insurance debacle the commercial sector will seek an overhaul of communications technology.

Meanwhile, the lack of confidence in the Malaysian authorities and the claim that the US, which in addition to satellite technology and radar has several nuclear subs patrolling the area between the Indian and Pacific Oceans, is feeding information in secret is also bumping up a hi-jack theory -if the plane veered off toward the Indian Ocean, why? Or, pilots confused manually changed course -but why were they confused, lack of oxygen? Or technical. Anyway this was an interesting post on the Pilots forum -
http://www.pprune.org/rumours-news/535538-malaysian-airlines-mh370-contact-lost-144.html

I, as I'm sure many members on this forum have been totally astounded how a modern commercial airliner such as 777-2 could simply disappear without trace. We understand the limitations of radar coverage and that of SSR. Moreover the mystery of a final ACARS message at 1:07 and nothing from RR is worrying at best.

It is appreciated that all these systems fulfil separate and important functions pertaining to flight and health but there appears to be an apparent omission in terms of off radar tracking. It certainly appears that the 777 in question was certified for ETOPS 330 operation but that certification excluded the requirement for real time SATCOM tracking when out of radar coverage. (In reality such tracking would be continuous from TO to Land but legally required when out of radar coverage.

Such technology is readily available and deployed by law enforcement agency's and private firms. 3 separate SATCOM units fitted to the nose, mid-section and tail that feed continuous data on the A/C track, altitude, speed and fix in 30 second intervals. The SATCOM units retain battery backup so can transmit for up to 10 hours after power loss. In this situation even if the 777 had exploded in midair there would be likely data transmitted to alert SAR response.

The fact that this aircraft has been missing for nearly six days is an indictment and embarrassment to the regulations, manufacture, and the various agencies that control civil aviation. This is not dissimilar to the Titanic board of inquiry that focused on the actions of the crew rather than the fact that Titanic was certified to sail with only 50% lifeboat capacity. My point is how can you certify to 330 if you have no ability to find it in an emergency?

The cost to implement such tracking is too often traded off against the probability of such an incident. The hull loss in this case will prove to be insignificant against the civil actions . The wider issue is the perceive loss of confidence in the ETOPS system by pax who may vote with their feet on long oceanic routes such as ANZ1 NZAA - KLAX on 777-3ER where nearly the entire flight is out of coverage.

My point is that this incident has wide and powerful implications for the airline industry. NOTE: before you say it ( yes it also pertains to 4 holers)
http://www.pprune.org/images/statusicon/user_online.gif http://www.pprune.org/images/buttons/reply_small.gif (http://www.pprune.org/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=8372627&noquote=1)

RallyCola
03-13-2014, 11:10 PM
new theory...there were motherfucking snakes on the motherfucking plane

Jimmy W
03-14-2014, 02:43 AM
Maybe they pulled over to ask for directions

flabbybody
03-14-2014, 03:07 AM
It looks like Flight 370's captain carried out a premeditated plan to crash the aircraft. How could the plane fly for hours off course without cockpit radio transmission?
Besides pilot suicide I can't see how any other scenario is plausible.
Why he /they did it is the conundrum.

Ben
03-14-2014, 03:59 AM
It looks like Flight 370's captain carried out a premeditated plan to crash the aircraft. How could the plane fly for hours off course without cockpit radio transmission?
Besides pilot suicide I can't see how any other scenario is plausible.
Why he /they did it is the conundrum.

Pilot suicide looks fairly plausible at this point.

Just how common are pilot suicides?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2014/03/11/just-how-common-are-pilot-suicides/

trish
03-14-2014, 04:02 AM
Pilot suicide would require the cooperation of the co-pilot and crew. Even if the co-pilot were subdued or part of a suicide plot, the crew would soon discover something was terribly amiss. If unable to radio their distress they could use their cell phones to contact the outside world.

RallyCola
03-14-2014, 04:20 AM
pilot suicide does not account for losing all transponder and feedback data though. it's one really puzzling situation.

flabbybody
03-14-2014, 05:01 AM
The thought of a zombie aircraft with no one alive on board flying aimlessly off course a distance that equals New York to Nevada seems very freaky.
I'm sure there will be the outlandish theories but I'm wondering if we'll ever know what really happened.

sukumvit boy
03-14-2014, 05:20 AM
Yeah , I remember the prior suicide.
The ocean is a big place , too early to resort to bizarre explanations . I would give it a few more weeks.

AshlynCreamher
03-14-2014, 05:33 AM
Did you hear that the aircraft continued to "ping" a satellite for several hours after disappearing from radar?

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/malaysia-airlines-flight-370-flight-4-hours-disappeared-radar-official-article-1.1720105

jamie4u
03-14-2014, 09:24 AM
My guess is the plane was hijacked in the equivalent of a "great train robbery". I bet the cargo had currency or gold and some robbers hijacked the plane to steal everything.

Ben
03-15-2014, 06:20 PM
My guess is the plane was hijacked in the equivalent of a "great train robbery". I bet the cargo had currency or gold and some robbers hijacked the plane to steal everything.

It seems more and more plausible that the plane was hijacked. Question is: where is the plane now? Pakistan? Thailand? In the ocean?
Well, it all becomes pure speculation and not necessarily news.
It's a waiting game now.

AshlynCreamher
03-15-2014, 06:26 PM

Hmm, if not gold than maybe a high profile politician and our government(s) are trying to keep it as a cover up?

Dino Velvet
03-15-2014, 06:32 PM
I think it's human nature to speculate. If you didn't have an ounce of curiosity to try to figure out a mystery like this then that would seem odd to me. I try to encourage people not to speculate but then come up with 3 alternate theories right after making myself out to be a bit inconsistent.

Now, the popular belief is that this was a deliberate act. Beyond that, who knows? If that, maybe too? As Tom Petty says the waiting is the hardest part. Imagine how family members feel.

trish
03-15-2014, 07:09 PM
The hijackers must've threatened the passengers and crew with paperclips, rubber bands and bra-hooks, 'cause everything else was scanned for and confiscated at airport security.

"Step back and hand over the controls...or I'll snap your eye out. NOW!"

flabbybody
03-16-2014, 03:17 AM
Malaysian government: a "deliberate" action in cockpit caused 370 to deviate from designated flight plan.
10 days since the plane went missing and this is all they got.
God help us

envivision
03-16-2014, 03:14 PM
Food for thought:

The Malaysian airlines story knocked the Commie red Russia invasion of defenseless Ukraine off the news. Could it be coincidence? I think not.

My money is on Putin shooting it down the plane- with Kool Aid Obama full support. Neither Putin or his ally Obama want people to talk about Ukraine. It is bad for them. Sadly, 40 millions Ukrainians were thrown under the bus.

The same story on this forum. Ukraine thread is buried somewhere in the politics thread while this topic is front and center in the main forum.

HA = MSNBC.
p.s: How is the NJ bridge gate going for you?

trish
03-16-2014, 03:37 PM
I think not.
I agree.

RallyCola
03-16-2014, 05:56 PM
conspiracy theorists are always so quick to jump on a cover up story or that something occurred to distract from something else. it is a very convenient argument as people want to believe that governments are always evil all the time. isn't it more likely that a more massive event could have been arranged to steal the headlines from the ukraine, than screwing with a country and flight that is otherwise meaningless? I mean here in NYC, the signing of phil jackson to the knicks was bigger news than this flight in recent days. while anything, including putin's involvement, is possible, it doesn't really seem all that plausible.

Dino Velvet
03-17-2014, 03:24 AM
I don't know anything about this stuff but sure was an interesting read.

http://www.examiner.com/article/malaysia-jet-hidden-by-electronic-weaponry-20-ew-defense-linked-passengers

Malaysia jet hidden by Electronic Weaponry? 20 EW defense-linked passengers

March 9, 2014

Did Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 (http://www.nytimes.com/2014/03/10/world/asia/malaysia-airlines-flight.html?hpw&rref=world&_r=0) with 239 people aboard tragically disintegrate in mid-flight, as official investigators postulate (http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/chi-malaysia-plane-missing-20140309,0,1515462.story)? Or has it been disappeared with electronic weaponry used in electronic warfare (http://www.examiner.com/topic/electronic-warfare) that at least twenty passengers' employer is contracted by the Department of Defense to make, as this reporter posits?
While four passengers who boarded a missing Malaysian jet (http://beforeitsnews.com/r2/?url=http://www.cnn.com/2014/03/09/world/asia/malaysia-airlines-plane/) are under special investigation for stolen and other passport-related issues (http://beforeitsnews.com/r2/?url=http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/2014/03/10/malaysia-says-plane-may-have-turned-back), twenty passengers were involved in cutting edge electronic technology used for defense purposes, including electronic warfare, such as weapons that can "cloak" or make planes invisible, appearing to vanish. If this is the case with the missing jet, the event points to terrorism (http://www.examiner.com/article/missing-malaysia-plane-terror-sky).
The public is told that investigators report the missing Malaysian jet possibly "disintegrated" into thin air. "Officials investigating the disappearance of a Malaysia Airlines (http://www.examiner.com/topic/malaysia-airlines) jetliner with 239 people on board suspect it may have disintegrated in mid-flight, a senior source said on Sunday, as Vietnam reported a possible sighting of wreckage from the plane," Reuters reports. (http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/chi-malaysia-plane-missing-20140309,0,1515462.story)
Adding to the mysterious tragedy is that not one country checked databases for information about stolen passports used to board the Malaysia Airlines flight. Interpol said Sunday that not one country checked its database for information about stolen passports used to board the Malaysia Airlines flight.
Secretary general of Interpol, Ronald K. Noble, said Sunday no checks had been conducted by the authorities in Malaysia or any other country about the two passports before the Boeing 777-200 left on Flight MH370 from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing.
In a forceful statement, Mr. Noble warned “only a handful of countries” around the world routinely made such checks.
“This is a situation we had hoped never to see,” he said. “For years, Interpol has asked why should countries wait for a tragedy to put prudent security measures in place at borders and boarding gates.”
Catastrophic events occurring during the cruise phase of flight are exceedingly rare these days. Given the altitude, few opportunities for weather or piloting deficiencies exist. Even an engine failure would still provide options.
Two aspects not reported regarding the mystery are: 1) using today's electronic weaponry, a plane can seemingly "vanish," and 2) passengers aboard the missing Malaysia jet linking to contracts with the Department of Defense defense and high-tech electronic weaponry.
Today's electronic warfare (EW) capability includes weaponry that can hide planes. Electronic weaponry is not only available, it is being deployed. Is this being used to hide or "cloak" the "vanished" plane?

Cloaking technology

New electronic weapons allow jamming, blinding, deafening and more, so that a plane could possibly vanish from radar detection and security systems would not be activated. Basic radar Electronic Counter-Measure strategies (http://beforeitsnews.com/r2/?url=http://www.spectrumsignal.com/publications/Electronic_Counter_Measures.pdf) used in electronic warfare (EW) are: 1) radar interference, 2) target modifications, and 3) changing electrical properties of air.
For example, a U.S. intelligence assessment described to The Daily Beast (http://beforeitsnews.com/r2/?url=http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2011/11/16/israel-s-secret-iran-attack-plan-electronic-warfare.html) by current and former U.S. intelligence officials, concluded any Israeli attack on Iran would go far beyond fighter plane airstrikes and would likely deploy EW against Iran’s electric grid, Internet, cellphone network, and emergency frequencies for firemen and police officers.
“For example, Israel has developed a weapon capable of mimicking a maintenance cellphone signal that commands a cell network to “sleep,” effectively stopping transmissions, officials confirmed. The Israelis also have jammers capable of creating interference within Iran’s emergency frequencies for first responders.”
In a 2007, “the Syrian military got a taste of this warfare when Israeli planes ‘spoofed’ the country’s air-defense radars, at first making it appear that no jets were in the sky and then in an instant making the radar believe the sky was filled with hundreds of planes.”
Last year, it was announced that new stealth technology makes airplanes invisible not only to radar, it also renders them hidden to the human eye as well — “just like an invisibility cloak in a Hollywood sci-fi thriller,” reported Military.com. (http://beforeitsnews.com/r2/?url=http://www.military.com/daily-news/2013/12/17/invisible-planes-china-us-race-for-cloaking-tech.html)
China had just touted its work on a “cloaking” technology using a hexagonal array of glass-like panels to bend light around an object, obscuring it from view, as though hidden by an invisibility cloak. Experts confirmed that the technology was legit — and not unlike American and European projects from the past few years.
“The general public … might not hear about how far the U.S. has really come, because it is and should remain classified,” firearms expert Chris Sajnog, a former Navy SEAL, told FoxNews.com. “Other countries are still playing catch-up — but they’re closing the gap.”
Military.com stated, “But while classified work progresses, several public projects from universities and military supply companies show just how real this futuristic technology is.”
“Major arms developers such as BAE Systems readily acknowledge work on this kind of technology, such as the Adaptiv program, which aims to hide armored vehicles.”
“The U.S. military is among many who have expressed interest in Adaptiv, which could be transferred to other platforms, such as ships and helicopters,” said Mike Sweeney, a spokesman for BAE.
On the other hand, some experts dispute these new technologies can work at all.
“Invisibility cloak is a poorly chosen term,” Thomas Way, associate professor of computing science at Villanova University, wrote to FoxNews.com in an email. “Invisible to what? We already have stealth aircraft that are invisible to radar (usually), but there is absolutely no way given our current understanding of physics that something could be made invisible to the naked eye… If that’s what they are claiming, it’s a hoax.”
In Electronic Warfare jargon, however, electronic countermeasure exists. ECM is an electrical or electronic device designed to trick or deceive radar, sonar or other detection systems, like infrared (IR) or lasers.
ECM can be used offensively and defensively to deny targeting information to an enemy.
The system can “make the real target appear to disappear or move about randomly. It is used effectively to protect aircraft from guided missiles.
“Most air forces use ECM to protect their aircraft from attack. It has also been deployed by military ships and recently on some advanced tanks to fool laser/IR guided missiles. It is frequently coupled with stealth advances so that the ECM systems have an easier job. Offensive ECM often takes the form of jamming. Defensive ECM includes using blip enhancement and jamming of missile terminal homers.”
Austin-based Freescale Semiconductor (NYSE:FSL) launched a major initiative dedicated to serving RF power needs of U.S. aerospace and defense (A&D) sector. It has a team of specialists dedicated to supporting defense customers.
Freescale confirmed yesterday that of the 239 passengers on Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 (http://www.examiner.com/topic/malaysia-airlines-flight-mh370), 20 are employed by the leading edge electronic company: twelve from Malaysia and eight from China.
The company’s key product solutions include those for electric vehicles, as this reporter highlighted yesterday: (http://beforeitsnews.com/r2/?url=/events/2014/03/malaysia-plane-crash-20-all-electric-car-linked-green-tech-passengers-on-board-names-released-2432738.html)
“Freescale Semiconductor (NYSE:FSL) is a global leader in embedded processing solutions, providing industry leading products that are advancing the automotive, consumer, industrial and networking markets,” the company says on its website and in its statement today. ”… our technologies are the foundation for the innovations that make our world greener, safer, healthier and more connected.”
Freescale says its “key applications and end-markets include: automotive safety,hybrid and all-electric vehicles, next generation wireless infrastructure, smart energy management, portable medical devices, consumer appliances and smart mobile devices. The company is based in Austin, Texas, and has design, research and development, manufacturing and sales operations around the world. www.freescale.com (http://beforeitsnews.com/r2/?url=http://www.freescale.com/)
Freescale’s commercial products meet requirements of applications (http://beforeitsnews.com/r2/?url=http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/overview.jsp?code=RF_PWR_AERODEF) such as:

Battlefield communications
Avionics
HF through L- and S-Band radar
Missile guidance
Electronic warfare
Identification, friend or foe (IFF)

Human rights regarding security and privacy, possibly terrorism

Evidence of terrorism (http://beforeitsnews.com/r2/?url=http://www.examiner.com/topic/terrorism) and human rights related to security and privacy continue mounting regarding the jet with 239 people on board, less than an hour after leaving Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, bound for Beijing.
While everyone who boarded the plane are being investigated, four are under particular investigation. Two had stolen passports (http://beforeitsnews.com/r2/?url=http://www.examiner.com/topic/passports) to board the now vanished Malaysia plane. They bought their tickets with two other people who boarded the plane and are also targets of the investigation. Now, ESP reports that the stolen passports may have been found.
A Chinese national, whose passport number was listed on the passenger manifest, did not board the plane, is still in China, and this individual’s passport was never stolen, China’s state media reported. The stolen passport carriers and the other two suspects have increased officials’ suspicions that the event is one of terrorism, officials say, but continue to stress that the event has not been declared a terrorist event.
Hishammuddin Hussein, who holds two ministerial positions, said that “the four names are with me,” added that the investigation was focusing on “the entire passenger manifest,” and said FBI investigators have joined the probe.
Names of all the passengers is on the manifest here. (http://beforeitsnews.com/r2/?url=/r2/?url=/r2/?url=http://www.malaysiaairlines.com/content/dam/mas/master/en/pdf/Malaysia%20Airlines%20Flight%20MH%20370%20Passenge r%20Manifest.pdf)
Military radar indicated the plane possibly turned from its flight route before losing contact: “There is a distinct possibility the airplane did a turn-back, deviating from the course,” Malaysian air force chief General Rodzali Daud said Sunday, citing radar data but not revealing which direction the plane possibly took when it went off route.
Malaysia Airlines (MAS) chief executive Ahmad Jauhari Yahya said the Boeing 777′s systems would have set off alarm bells if it changed course.
That, however, is assuming electronic weaponry was not used.
Sources: Reuters, CNN, New York Times, Military.com, The Daily Beast

catherinefan
03-17-2014, 03:46 AM
Food for thought:

The Malaysian airlines story knocked the Commie red Russia invasion of defenseless Ukraine off the news. Could it be coincidence? I think not.

My money is on Putin shooting it down the plane- with Kool Aid Obama full support. Neither Putin or his ally Obama want people to talk about Ukraine. It is bad for them. Sadly, 40 millions Ukrainians were thrown under the bus.

The same story on this forum. Ukraine thread is buried somewhere in the politics thread while this topic is front and center in the main forum.

HA = MSNBC.

Dear me........you've been watching Fox News again, haven't you?

Ben in LA
03-17-2014, 05:37 AM
Food for thought:

HA = MSNBC.
You're late to the game; see my earlier post in this thread. Hannity the talking head already blamed it on Hussein, because of the bicycle helmet and the mom jeans. Bengazi!

And with the way the TEAhadists are sucking Putin's dick, you'd think they'd be happy with his actions. Make up your mind.

AL TS Lover
03-19-2014, 07:17 PM
I don't know anything about this stuff but sure was an interesting read.

The guys stating a bunch of disjointed facts and hoping to overwhelm you with lingo.

Equiping a plan with stealth technology doesn't require putting 20 passangers on board.

Stealth, not EW, hides a plane from radar (EW can jam a radar, camoflauging the plane in hundreds of other targets- but that didn't happen)

Stealth would require adding lots of structural and visual changes to the 777, plus the idea of a pressurized, cylindrical stealth airliner is about impossable.

Hiding a plane from Secondary radar, or flight tracking (ACARS, Spider trax, etc) is as simple as pulling a fuse. While you could take this capability away, compare the number of passangers lost to electrical fires (thousands) to the number to be saved by post crash flight tracking (0, though some lives might be saved by improved forensics, preventing the original condition from reocouring.)

simonisthebest
03-19-2014, 07:44 PM
landed on a island somewhere, about to be another WTC...ur americans have no chance

trish
03-19-2014, 07:48 PM
http://www.businessinsider.com/malaysia-plane-fire-2014-3

Dino Velvet
03-19-2014, 08:06 PM
http://www.businessinsider.com/malaysia-plane-fire-2014-3

That could totally be it too. Damn media gets a juicy theory then clutches onto it and I don't switch the channel for 4 hours. Still doing it calling in "terror experts" so those guys get a check too. News is entertainment. I am a slave to entertainment.

Rusty Eldora
03-19-2014, 08:14 PM
I still think it was the Flux Capacitor in the Cargo Hold

Ben
03-20-2014, 03:04 AM
Craziest conspiracy theory: IT WAS A CAT -- :)
The theories are getting more and more absurd. It's gotten so crazy.

Dino Velvet
03-20-2014, 03:17 AM
Craziest conspiracy theory: IT WAS A CAT -- :)
The theories are getting more and more absurd. It's gotten so crazy.

You shoulda posted that in my Hey! Guess What The Cat Did?" thread (http://www.hungangels.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=84585).

Ben
03-20-2014, 04:04 AM
You shoulda posted that in my Hey! Guess What The Cat Did?" thread (http://www.hungangels.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=84585).

Ha ha! Agreed -- :)

envivision
03-20-2014, 06:03 AM
And the plot thickens......

Guess who spent part of his childhood in Malaysia? O'Bumbum did. Coincidence? I think NOT.!

Stavros
03-20-2014, 11:21 AM

Guess who spent part of his childhood in Malaysia? O'Bumbum did. Coincidence? I think NOT.!

Malaysia and Indonesia -spot the difference. Do some homework. Read the papers. Whatever.

broncofan
03-20-2014, 11:08 PM

If and when this guy gets banned I'm gonna have a celebratory drink. Confederate flag, reactionary stupid posts, atrocious sense of history and geography. O'Bumbum? That has to be the worst attempt at a pun I've ever seen.

dderek123
03-20-2014, 11:46 PM
O'Bumbum eh?

I wasn't aware that he was Irish!

runningdownthatdream
03-21-2014, 03:28 AM

What a loser AND a poser to boot.................the south MIGHT rise again but it won't get to you in good ole Mont Royal jackass.

http://www.hungangels.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=72032&page=3

I guess you're just pissed that your mother shit you out in Kaybek and not down in the backwoods somewhere. But I guess her ass or heart was in the right place since you seem to have come out an inbred moron anyways.

sukumvit boy
03-21-2014, 04:29 AM
Found it !

envivision
03-21-2014, 04:38 AM
If and when this guy gets banned I'm gonna have a celebratory drink. .

So, Mr. liberaldenver does NOT believe in freedom of speech. No wonder. Thank God for my second amendment right that protects my fist amendment right from narcissistic elitist liberal loony tones .

envivision
03-21-2014, 04:45 AM
What a loser AND a poser to boot.................the south MIGHT rise again but it won't get to you in good ole Mont Royal jackass.

http://www.hungangels.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=72032&page=3

I guess you're just pissed that your mother shit you out in Kaybek and not down in the backwoods somewhere. But I guess her ass or heart was in the right place since you seem to have come out an inbred moron anyways.

What's your point, Canuck? Eh, I am a republican . Eh, I'm a conservative - mainly on economical and national security affairs. I don't believe in handouts. I don't believe in entitlements. And I surely don't believe with the social policies of the x-tian loony tones (which really aren't that different from liberals).

p.s.: Vive Le Quebec Libre..... Vive the Quebec Independant.

runningdownthatdream
03-21-2014, 04:48 AM
So, Mr. liberaldenver does NOT believe in freedom of speech. No wonder. Thank God for my second amendment right that protects my fist amendment right from narcissistic elitist liberal loony tones .

Kaybek has a first and second amendment? since when? You've got one hell of an identity crisis mon petit bucheron............

broncofan
03-21-2014, 05:19 AM
You are so stupid it's amazing you can breathe. The first amendment is not implicated by any decision made by a private actor. You don't have a first amendment to be on a private forum, no matter where that forum is. The second amendment also doesn't give you any special right to shoot anyone. It's not my forum and so you don't need my permission to b here. I'm only saying I'll be pleased if at some point you go.

broncofan
03-21-2014, 05:39 AM
I don't believe in handouts.
Is that why you said you flunked out of middle school? You didn't read the handouts?

robertlouis
03-21-2014, 07:53 AM

Malaysia? Well, someplace over there, waving vaguely in the general direction of abroad....

The War of 1812 to 1814? Well, we musta whopped those Brits and that must be a lie about them burning down the White House 'cos nobody could do that to Murikafuckyeah. Where's my rifle?

At least you're equally hopeless in both history and geography.

I'm just waiting for you to get something factually correct. If we hang around long enough it might just happen.

But I'm not holding my breath. :whistle:

Stavros
03-21-2014, 08:34 AM
Perhaps this is the time to (re-)divert the thread to what really matters -the missing aeroplane.

The authorities in Malaysia are not emerging from this crisis with much credit, but part of the problem in releasing delayed information, or so we are told, is that it might come from 'sensitive' US intelligence sources who want to avoid detection by the Chinese (and presumably the Russians too).

I think that if the accident thesis works, perhaps a fire disorienting the pilots and crew, the possibility that the object in the southern oceans is the plane would follow -loss of control, plane flying south until it runs out of fuel, ditches into the ocean. But we still don't know. This terrible incident may not be resolved for years, that is the hardest part for the families involved.

robertlouis
03-22-2014, 03:11 AM
The amount of attention from both the military and the media to the ocean off Australia west of Perth begins to make it rather likely that it marks the crash scene. Even that publicity-crazed reptile Tony Abbott wouldn't be making statements if it was going to turn out to be untrue.

Ben
03-22-2014, 03:31 AM
Don't Ask A Psychic What Happened To Missing Flight 370:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5X1XnHei858

martin48
03-27-2014, 09:49 AM
Palin has got the answer - why didn't we think of it?

http://dailycurrant.com/2014/03/20/palin-wonders-if-flight-370-flew-directly-to-heaven-2/?fb_action_ids=10100146102274512&fb_action_types=og.likes&fb_source=other_multiline&action_object_map=[616429985099641]&action_type_map=[%22og.likes%22]&action_ref_map=[]

trish
03-27-2014, 04:20 PM
“I’m no expert on international aviation. But I do know that God is up there looking down on us. And everyone knows that once you go to heaven you can’t come back. This would explain why we haven’t found any wreckage in the ocean and why no one saw the plane land."__Sarah Dumbass Palin

I with her. It explains everything!

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." ___Sherlock Holmes.

martin48
03-27-2014, 05:20 PM
Clearly so - it all fits into place. God didn't mean us to fly as he did not give us wings. It is a message from Him - "Keep leaving the ground and flying like a bird, that's their job in my creation, and I will make your planes disappear."

fred41
03-27-2014, 09:49 PM
Though it's funny, I hope everyone realizes that the Sarah Palin article is fake...the Daily Currant is a satirical paper.

Dino Velvet
03-27-2014, 09:53 PM
Though it's funny, I hope everyone realizes that the Sarah Palin article is fake...the Daily Currant is a satirical paper.

Sarah Palin is like the Maxine Waters of Conservatives. She seemed good for it anyhow. Not sure if Palin and Waters are fish in a barrel or sharks in a coffee cup. Both hot messes easy to poke fun at.

trish
03-27-2014, 10:30 PM
I was just settling in on this rainy Thursday to my afternoon tea and a currants-and-onion bagel, when I launch my web browser to HA and read
Mercy to God. You mean this is wrong too???->http://dailycurrant.com/2014/03/24/north-korean-leader-has-perfect-ncaa-bracket/

transfan8591
03-28-2014, 02:29 AM
I think there is something to it, because the majority of the
passengers on the plane were Chinese..152 passengers were from China.
My inner conspiracy theorist says theres something there, but hey who knows.

bluesoul
03-28-2014, 02:40 AM
maybe the plane landed on an island full of hung angels, and everyone decided to stay there rather than come back to modern society. so the captain disabled the transmitter saying "after i disable this, people will think something is up, but at least we'll have our secret safe- and nobody will ever know the truth, about this transsexual island" before falling into a heavy slurping session with the hung queen of the island (who'd look something like vaniity- but more hung coz on the island, the water has hormones)

http://showtimesays.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/kanye-shrug.jpg

Stavros
04-03-2014, 11:42 PM
This potentially explosive claim by Anwar Ibrahim from the Telegraph. The problem is that Ibrahim is 'tainted' by years of political character assassination so that one doesn't know if he is either telling the whole of the truth, or provoking his enemies in the govt, but I think some of what he says ought to be considered-the additional suspicion being that the Malaysian Govt has not revealed everything it knows (perhaps it cannot?)...

MH370 Malaysia Airlines: Anwar Ibrahim says government purposefully concealing information

Malaysia's government is deliberately concealing information that would help to explain what happened to missing Flight MH370, the country's opposition leader has claimed.

In a wide-ranging interview that cast doubt on the official investigation into the disappearance of the plane, Anwar Ibrahim said the country’s “sophisticated” radar system would have identified it after it changed course and crossed back over Malaysia.

Mr Anwar, who personally knew the pilot of the Malaysia Airlines Boeing 777 that went missing in the early hours of March 8 during a flight from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing, called for an international committee to take over the Malaysian-led operation because “the integrity of the whole nation is at stake”.

He indicated that it was even possible that there was complicity by authorities on the ground in what happened to the plane and the 239 people on board.

In an interview with The Telegraph, he said that he had personally authorised the installation of “one of the most sophisticated radar” systems in the world, based near the South China Sea and covering Malaysia’s mainland and east and west coastlines, when he was the country’s finance minister in 1994.
It was “not only unacceptable but not possible, not feasible” that the plane had not been sighted by the Marconi radar system immediately after it changed course. The radar, he said, would have instantly detected the Boeing 777 as it travelled east to west across “at least four” Malaysian provinces.
Mr Anwar said it was “baffling” that the country’s air force had “remained silent”, and claimed that it “should take three minutes under SOP (standard operating procedure) for the air force planes to go. And there was no response.”
He added: “We don’t have the sophistication of the United States or Britain but still we have the capacity to protect our borders.”
It was “clearly baffling”, he said, to suggest that radar operators had been unable to observe the plane’s progress.
He said the families of the 153 Chinese victims on board were right to demand information from the Malaysian government, which had permitted a multi-national search operation to spend a week searching in what it must have known was the wrong place.
“Why didn’t we alert the Chinese, the Vietnamese that the operation should cease in the South China Sea and let them spend millions on search and rescue in a place that they know fairly well cannot be the site of the plane?”
As hope fades of recovering the plane’s black box before its batteries start to fail – which could be as early as Monday - Mr Anwar said it was “at the least, incompetence” on the part of the Malaysian government that it is still not known what happened to the plane, but there was also a deliberate “intention to suppress key information”.
“Unfortunately the manner in which this was handled after the first few days was clearly suspect,” he said. “One fact remains. Clearly information critical to our understanding is deemed missing.
“I believe the government knows more than us. They have the authority to instruct the air force … or Malaysia Airlines. They are privy to most of these missing bits of information critical to our understanding of this mysterious disappearance of MH370.”
Mr Anwar indicated that it was a possibility that officials on the ground were complicit in what happened on the plane.
However, he later added that “the realm of possibilities is so vague, I mean, anything can have happened”, adding: “Whether they (the authorities) are complicit in a terrorist act, I’m not in a position to comment.”
A source close to the government claimed that Mr Anwar was attempting to exploit the tragedy for political gain.
“The international media response, completely condemning Malaysia, is unfair. It’s been partly orchestrated by Malaysia’s opposition,” the source said.
“The government has a duty to the families not to release uncorroborated information that leads to false hope or wild goose chases which hamper the investigation. At every step, international investigation protocols have been followed.
“The situation is unprecedented. And the search has actually been handled well. The government is coordinating an enormous operation, and both the commanders on the ground and all the international investigators involved have been complimentary about Malaysia’s efforts.”
“Far from avoiding questions or withholding information, since day one the Malaysian authorities, including ministers, military chiefs, the department for civil aviation and Malaysia Airlines have made themselves available to the media daily. As soon as information has been corroborated, it has been released.”
Malaysian authorities did not respond officially to requests for comment on Mr Anwar’s accusations, but have previously accused him of politicising the crisis.
Efforts to recover the plane in the southern Indian Ocean, more than 1,000 miles off the coast of Perth, continued on Thursday night over a search area roughly the size of Poland. A British Trafalgar-class nuclear submarine is helping to hunt for wreckage, including the black box – before it stops emitting pings.
Mr Anwar, 66, was once deputy prime minister in Malaysia’s ruling coalition, which has governed the country since independence from Britain in 1957.
However, after falling out with the country’s leaders, he was charged with sodomy, imprisoned twice and beaten in custody. He now leads a pro-democracy coalition of parties that lost last year’s election despite winning over 50 per cent of the popular vote amid allegations of widespread corruption by the government.
Mr Anwar was convicted for sodomy, an offence under Malaysian law, for the third time just hours before the flight went missing and is currently on bail pending appeal. He claimed that the government moved his court date to stop him standing in provincial elections.
Investigators and media have focused on the plane's pilot, Capt Zaharie Ahmad Shah, a passionate supporter of Mr Anwar’s pro-democracy opposition coalition, despite there being no evidence against him.
Reports have claimed that Capt Zaharie was a "fanatic" who could have hijacked the plane in despair at the latest setback to the opposition leader.

However, both Mr Anwar and Capt Zaharie’s family have strongly denied any such possibility.
“After personally having been subjected to such unjust accusations, I strongly feel that you should not cast aspersions against people until you have evidence to support it,” he said.
“If you say or suggest that the pilot may have been involved, what about the concealing (of information)? He could not have concealed the radar readings. He could not have instructed the air force to remain completely silent. Or the prime minister to remain completely silent. The investigations have got to be far-reaching and open.”
Describing him as an “ardent supporter”, Mr Anwar said he had had several exchanges with Capt Zaharie and that he “was nice, smart, articulate – but there was clearly a strong passion for justice. He is known to be very attached to the family, a family man.
“To condemn a person because he is a supporter of democracy is totally unjustified. Having said that, there’s nothing stopping the police or the authorities from conducting an open and fair investigation into anybody – including the radar operators, the defence minister – why are they concealing this information?”
The disappearance of MH370 has placed the Malaysian government under unprecedented international scrutiny, with persistent criticism that the release of official information has been both inaccurate and inconsistent.
Hishammuddin Hussein, Malaysia’s defence and transport minister was criticised on Thursday for claiming that MH370’s disappearance was a “blessing in disguise” because its loss meant he now “understood the beauty of unity, the sweetness of having each other”.
Mr Anwar said that “to save the image of the country and to save the country”, an international committee should be established consisting of representatives of countries whose nationals were among the passengers, who included Chinese, Vietnamese, Malaysians and Australians.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/malaysia/10743378/MH370-Malaysia-Airlines-Anwar-Ibrahim-says-government-purposefully-concealing-information.html

Ben
12-30-2014, 05:31 AM
AirAsia Plane Vanishes, But Here’s Some Much-Needed Perspective:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhGWOS6AFgQ (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhGWOS6AFgQ)