PDA

View Full Version : Help me decide on domain name for the TEA's

GroobySteven
03-07-2014, 01:36 PM
Ok looking for some feedback just on the domain name for the new show because we're at loggerheads in the office. At this point I'm not as interested in what you think of the name, as in what resonates right for you as a domain name. Here are the options:
a) TransgenderEroticaAwards.com - pros : appropriate cons: too long.
b) TGEroticaAwards.com - pros : shorter and appropriate cons: mnemonically not good.
c) TEA-Awards.com - pros: short and catchy. cons: it's using "awards" twice, both in the acronym and the full word.
Thoughts please?

Jericho
03-07-2014, 02:33 PM
TransgenderEroticaAwards.com

TatianaSummer
03-07-2014, 03:18 PM
There is still one fourth option available

TransEroticaAwards.com

TransgenderEroticaAwards is too long but self explained
TGEroticaAwards is a bit confusing
TEA-Awards sounds like a tea tasting awards of some kind

If I have to pick one of the three I pick the first option.

robertlouis
03-07-2014, 03:19 PM
TransgenderEroticaAwards.com

I'm with Jericho for once - and that's a first! :kiss:

Anything else is slightly ambiguous and doesn't quite spell it out properly.

fred41
03-07-2014, 03:37 PM

TransEroticaAwards.com

I voted the same way...and thought the same thing.
TransEroticaAwards might not be descriptive enough, but...I think people are naturally going to shorten it to "Trans" when used in conversation (actually, they'll probably just call them T awards)...and the folks who are interested in this sort of thing will know what they are talking about anyway.

...as I pointed out...people will say T awards...but you can't write it as T.E.A. Awards because it would be awkward for stated reasons- repeating of the word "awards"

$$$Bill
03-07-2014, 03:42 PM

TransEroticaAwards.com

TGEroticaAwards is a bit confusing
TEA-Awards sounds like a tea tasting awards of some kind

I agree with Tatiana on both suggestions.

darkrose2000
03-07-2014, 04:09 PM
The same opinion here:

TransEroticaAwards.com

GroobySteven
03-07-2014, 04:13 PM
It's not going to be the TransEroticaAwards - that's not the name of the show/event - and trans is too arbitrary.

I specifically stated I wasn't interested in hearing opinions on names - just those domain names.

fred41
03-07-2014, 04:23 PM
It's not going to be the TransEroticaAwards - that's not the name of the show/event - and trans is too arbitrary.

I specifically stated I wasn't interested in hearing opinions on names - just those domain names.

Then Transgender Erotica Awards is the best...it's the most descriptive and it doesn't matter if it's too long because that's what the acronym T.E.A is for.

Tina Francis
03-07-2014, 04:44 PM
Then Transgender Erotica Awards is the best...it's the most descriptive and it doesn't matter if it's too long because that's what the acronym T.E.A is for.

Agreed...

nysprod
03-07-2014, 05:41 PM
Should be called the Transsexual Erotica Awards.

francisfkudrow
03-07-2014, 06:26 PM
With TEA-Awards.com, the hyphen makes it difficult to remember. Folks would be like "is there a hyphen or not?"

TGEroticaAwards.com is OK, but I like TransgenderEroticaAwards.com because it's counter-intuitively the easiest to remember. No one has to figure out how it's abbreviated to remember the url, because it's not abbreviated at all.

GroobySteven
03-07-2014, 06:27 PM
Should be called the Transsexual Erotica Awards.

No it shouldn't. That's been answered already.

Dino Velvet
03-07-2014, 07:01 PM
Ok looking for some feedback just on the domain name for the new show because we're at loggerheads in the office. At this point I'm not as interested in what you think of the name, as in what resonates right for you as a domain name. Here are the options:
a) TransgenderEroticaAwards.com - pros : appropriate cons: too long.
b) TGEroticaAwards.com - pros : shorter and appropriate cons: mnemonically not good.
c) TEA-Awards.com - pros: short and catchy. cons: it's using "awards" twice, both in the acronym and the full word.
Thoughts please?

That's a tough one. I like TransgenderEroticaAwards.com as it is straight to the point not alienating anyone but you are correct that it can be considered a bit long. All the T.E.A. talk yesterday was fun and seems like a tag like that could catch on. I still choose TransgenderEroticaAwards.com but like to include T.E.A. Show or something similar as a nickname. The T.E.A.s sound like The Emmys with way more teasing involved.

Definitely make a T.E.A. Shirt

giovanni_hotel
03-07-2014, 07:29 PM
TEABall.com

Dino Velvet
03-07-2014, 08:23 PM
We got T.E.A.-Bone right here. Gimme my rabbit!

Colors (7/10) Movie CLIP - T-Bone's Rabbit (1988) HD - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JglxExdqHPY)

Michelle Firestone
03-07-2014, 08:24 PM
my vote = trannyawards.com

nysprod
03-07-2014, 09:07 PM
These domain names all sound clumsy so I think you should follow the model of the Academy Awards, where the official site is known by the name of the award: oscars.org/

So I would say to choose a name for the actual award and go with that in the domain name e.g. "The Grooby".

What's interesting is that if you call the award site either thegroobyawards.com, groobyaward.com or groobyawards.com (all domain names are available) and then do a google search, the first thing that comes up is trannyawards.com.

AshlynCreamher
03-07-2014, 09:21 PM
I think you should reserve groobyawards.com before I do - its a premium name, easy to remember, catchy and it holds true to the very foundation of the groovy empire.

Update: 2:29PM
Actually I just ordered it but I'm willing to transfer the domain if you want it ;)

GroobySteven
03-07-2014, 09:30 PM
These domain names all sound clumsy so I think you should follow the model of the Academy Awards, where the official site is known by the name of the award: oscars.org/

So I would say to choose a name for the actual award and go with that in the domain name e.g. "The Grooby".

What's interesting is that if you call the award site either thegroobyawards.com, groobyaward.com or groobyawards.com (all domain names are available) and then do a google search, the first thing that comes up is trannyawards.com.

Awful.
Your talents lie elsewhere.

I've already stated this is just the domain name - not the name of the awards - that's been decided on Transgender Erotica Awards TEAs

GroobySteven
03-07-2014, 09:30 PM
I think you should reserve groobyawards.com before I do - its a premium name, easy to remember, catchy and it holds true to the very foundation of the groovy empire.

Update: 2:29PM
Actually I just ordered it but I'm willing to transfer the domain if you want it ;)

Update 2.30PM
Careful on using a Trademarked name ;-)

nysprod
03-07-2014, 09:39 PM
Right, it's still called the Transgender Erotica Awards, same as the Academy Awards, it's just that the name of the statue itself is called the Grooby, like the Academy Awards calls it's statue the Oscar and uses that in the domain name.

GroobySteven
03-07-2014, 10:33 PM
Right, it's still called the Transgender Erotica Awards, same as the Academy Awards, it's just that the name of the statue itself is called the Grooby, like the Academy Awards calls it's statue the Oscar and uses that in the domain name.

The statue is the TEA. You've got to understand, as much as we run the award, by branding it Grooby we'd be devaluing it. We want to be as inclusive to all interested parties. Sponsors like Shemale Strokers, Bobs, .XXX, Shemale.com, UP Network right through to Jonelle, Wendy S, Delia, etc. some affiliate with Grooby, many not. It would be unfair and counter productive to put our brand on it.
I think most people if they thought about it - would be surprised how little Grooby branding there is at the show. It's not about Grooby the brand - but the Awards as a brand and having all those other companies confident and comfortable to participate.

giovanni_hotel
03-07-2014, 10:37 PM
Probably best for now just to go with the longer full name and change it at a later date if a better name is discovered.

$$$Bill
03-07-2014, 10:42 PM
The statue is the TEA. You've got to understand, as much as we run the award, by branding it Grooby we'd be devaluing it. We want to be as inclusive to all interested parties. Sponsors like Shemale Strokers, Bobs, .XXX, Shemale.com, UP Network right through to Jonelle, Wendy S, Delia, etc. some affiliate with Grooby, many not. It would be unfair and counter productive to put our brand on it.
I think most people if they thought about it - would be surprised how little Grooby branding there is at the show. It's not about Grooby the brand - but the Awards as a brand and having all those other companies confident and comfortable to participate.
Correct.
TransgenderEroticaAwards.com it is!
*pops champagne

nysprod
03-07-2014, 10:45 PM
Correct.
TransgenderEroticaAwards.com it is!
*pops champagne

Yep, that seems to be the best.