PDA

View Full Version : List your pet peeves

flabbybody
03-06-2014, 12:30 AM
I have 3 (in no special order)
Stop putting Dr in front of your name if you're not a real physician or dentist. If you spent 12 years of your life studying French literature that's your parent's problem. You're a pretentious douchebag if you think anyone cares about your PhD.

For the ladies... stop using 2 last names. You can't have it both ways when you get married. Decide to keep your old name or take hubby's. I'm tired of having to write emails to Catherine Spielberg Goldberg. I get it. You have a big shot job and you snared a dude. Now pick a fucking name.

Stop tailgating on the highway. Don't people remember the Driver's Ed handbook we all had to read to get our learner's permit? 1 CAR LENGTH for every 10 miles of speed. If I see your fat ugly face in my rear view mirror, you're too fucking close.

I'm done with rant. anyone care to add ?

luvs2lick1385
03-06-2014, 12:38 AM
To all you assholes who drive in the left lane at 40 MPH when the speed limit is 65.

DRIVE RIGHT PASS LEFT YOU MORON!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When I flash my lights, I'm only asking you to move your slow ass to the right, not for you to slow down even more........... fucking douche bag.

Thanks...I needed that

Ciffer
03-06-2014, 12:56 AM
When NY and PA drivers go the speed limit in the left lane while driving in Jersey. In NJ the left lane is for passing only. So NY and PA drivers stay the fuck to the right!

Cabbies and other drivers that just stop wherever they want to pick up or unload their passengers. Oblivious to the people behind them.

Procrastination. Unfortunately I'm guilty of this one.

Spots on glasses and silverware at restaurants.

When you send an important email and end with. "Kindly confirm receipt of this email" and they just fucking blow you off.

When people are chronically late and then make up some obviously bullshit story to get away with it.

Political mis information and unnecessary red tape.

Wa wa wa wa wa wa wa. Thanks flab I love rehashing my peeves. Get to live them over and over and over again. Lol

Dino Velvet
03-06-2014, 02:26 AM
When women attempt to operate a vehicle.

broncofan
03-06-2014, 03:16 AM
People who stop traffic to make an illegal left turn. We all do illegal things when we're driving. Illegal u-turns, illegal left turns, drive too fast. Just don't expect people to make special allowance for your illegal acts. By all means, make the illegal u-turn, but only if the opportunity is there to do it unobtrusively.

Actually I want to incorporate some from the op. That's brilliant. The PHD who insists upon being called doctor.

But what about the doctor who corrects people who don't know them and simply forgot to use the title doctor. That's a bit douchey. They are doctor and deserve to be called doctor, but if someone who doesn't know them from a hole in the wall calls them Mr. they can let it go.

Quiet Reflections
03-06-2014, 03:20 AM
people that say "you do the math"

Dino Velvet
03-06-2014, 03:28 AM
People who stop traffic to make an illegal left turn. We all do illegal things when we're driving. Illegal u-turns, illegal left turns, drive too fast. Just don't expect people to make special allowance for your illegal acts. By all means, make the illegal u-turn, but only if the opportunity is there to do it unobtrusively.

We have Carpool Lanes here and some think there are special turn lanes for cars that cost over $70,000. I guess we're lucky they're still willing to hit up the Arco to take a shit.

broncofan
03-06-2014, 03:37 AM
I guess we're lucky they're still willing to hit up the Arco to take a shit.
Public toilet etiquette probably is a good source of pet peeves. One of the stalls I went into today someone hocked a loogie (if it wasn't a loogie it's worse) on the toilet seat. Someone should be able to try to flush you down the toilet for that. I know it's impossible, but they deserve the chance to try.

fred41
03-06-2014, 03:58 AM
Bicycle lanes in Manhattan...one of the stupidest ideas ever.

fred41
03-06-2014, 04:03 AM
Cabbies and other drivers that just stop wherever they want to pick up or unload their passengers. Oblivious to the people behind them.

I want to add to this...it's bad enough that a cab will stop in an active lane, right in front of you, to drop off a passenger, but I really hate when the douche bag passenger then takes his time to make small talk and takes his sweet ass time to disembark and let traffic continue on its way.

fred41
03-06-2014, 04:06 AM
Middle aged skate boarders and razor skooter riders....really?!!....grow the fuck up.

nevada64
03-06-2014, 04:40 AM
Those fucks who decide to make a right hand turn without moving over to the right, therefore impeding the flow of moving traffic. Move the fuck over when making a right hand turn! It's not that hard. Caramba!

Ben in LA
03-06-2014, 05:30 AM
Bicycle lanes in Manhattan...one of the stupidest ideas ever.
We have them here in LA...and I feel your pain.

Those fucks who decide to make a right hand turn without moving over to the right, therefore impeding the flow of moving traffic. Move the fuck over when making a right hand turn! It's not that hard. Caramba!
This as well.

And another thing...if I'm doing 70 in the fast lane, don't speed past me at 80 only to get in front of me to do 55.

Also, I hate it when I'm blinking to make a lane change and the other car refuses to let me over. Yes, this happens...but it pisses me off more when they speed up as soon as my blinker comes on and THEN gets into the lane I just got out of. I mean, c'mon...you could've just gotten behind me Summers Eve!

pantybulge69
03-06-2014, 06:37 AM
rude ass people at the movie theaters with either their king kong feet kicked
up over the chair that's only a couple from you, .... or bringing their crying,loud, noisy, hollerin' brats that block out all theater sound around me, ...and of course
the dreaded cell phones that they have to pull out and start scrollin' and texting while the movie is going on.... !! ....... [Arrgh! it just gets harder
and harder to enjoy oneself at the local movie theaters. :pissed:

....... now on to the stupid, inconsidered driving fools that are a flat out traffic hazard and an accident waiting to happen.

my my my!
03-06-2014, 06:43 AM
major pet peeves for me

- lazy people that shop at Grocery Stores that leave the shopping carts all over the fucking parking lot. you really can't walk 10 feet to put the cart away in the proper cage? goddamn lazy fucks

- people that always have their mouth open. Unless you have a breathing problem or some sort of jaw/muscle deformity or medical condition that requires the mouth to be open , close your fucking mouth. you look like a fucking dumbass (women included)

- "fashionably late" people, If you say you're going to be somewhere at a certain time, be there you inconsiderate fuck. I don't feel like waiting 15 minutes for your ass to show up. (only exceptions are hot girls that are going to have sex with me, they can show up an hour late, it's ok)

hairyguy
03-06-2014, 06:51 AM

Actually I want to incorporate some from the op. That's brilliant. The PHD who insists upon being called doctor.

But what about the doctor who corrects people who don't know them and simply forgot to use the title doctor. That's a bit douchey. They are doctor and deserve to be called doctor, but if someone who doesn't know them from a hole in the wall calls them Mr. they can let it go.

most if not all doctors identify their very existence by their job title. i have consistently noticed this across the board, at least in USA and asia.

the_corner
03-06-2014, 09:04 AM
People that cross the street while chatting on their phones.

I don't really care if they have the light or not... if they're not paying attention and a car hits them, they will die or get seriously injured. Don't put your life in the hands of some unknown driver.

This is particularly irritating in cities like New York and London where you have a million pedestrians 360 degrees around you and you have to watch out not to hit some idiot that is not paying attention.

martin48
03-06-2014, 09:54 AM
People Texting with the keypad sound on

Wobbly Tables in restaurants

When Somebody Says “Literally” and Do Not Literally Mean It!

SpoogeMonkey
03-06-2014, 02:19 PM
I have 3 (in no special order)
Stop putting Dr in front of your name if you're not a real physician or dentist.

fuck off... doctor who is going to stick his sonic screwdriver up your shit hole

fred41
03-06-2014, 03:26 PM
people that throw their garbage in the streets as if the world is their receptacle...even worse when parents see their small children doing it and don't correct them...and then there are the good folks who have a full breakfast on the subway and then leave the full garbage on the seat or under it.

fred41
03-06-2014, 03:39 PM
We have them here in LA...and I feel your pain.

Love the new avatar!

martin48
03-06-2014, 03:48 PM
It's all here - Grumpy Old Men: Series 1, Episode 1 - Is This the World We Created? - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-xCcCDNvKk)

luvs2lick1385
03-06-2014, 05:09 PM
You are standing in a long line at the supermarket. The women in front of you wait until the cashier totals up their order andTHEN THEY START DIGGING IN THE SUITCASE THEY CARRY AS A POCKET BOOK TO DIG OUT THEIR WALLET, THEN DECIDE OH I HAVE THE 98 CENTS IN CHANGE AND COUNT OUT 98 CENTS IN NICKELS, DIMES AND PENNIES. TAKE OUT YOUR FUCKING WALLET WHILE YOU ARE ON LINE TO KEEP THINGS MOVING YOU OLD BITCHES

luvs2lick1385
03-06-2014, 05:16 PM
A neighbor who lets his dog bark all the time. Then calls the cops on me when I have band practice during legal hours at my house...fucking hypocrite asshole.

Sorry but I didn't start this thread so I am really venting and it feels good....thanks

rbiller
03-06-2014, 05:24 PM
People who insist on being called my their full name, ie, Peter not Pete, Joseph, not Joe, Jillian not Jill etc.

luvs2lick1385
03-06-2014, 06:22 PM
People who refer to themselves in the third person, what assholes.

luvs2lick1385
03-06-2014, 06:24 PM
The Kardashians. Why are these useless people famous?????
My wife loves them, which doesn't say much for her lol.

Dino Velvet
03-06-2014, 07:31 PM
- lazy people that shop at Grocery Stores that leave the shopping carts all over the fucking parking lot. you really can't walk 10 feet to put the cart away in the proper cage? goddamn lazy fucks

They leave those darn carts right in the parking spaces. I gotta get outta my truck and push it up over the curb/bump thing.

Another grocery store pet peeve I have is when someone puts their items on the belt and won't put the divider stick afterward to separate their groceries from mine. I end up leaning and reaching over them to do it for them.

Not a pet peeve but I usually shop at stores like Ralph's or Von's where we put our groceries on the belt and push our own cart through. When I go to Gelson's they do it for you. Now there is no cart to provide a space for human comfort. I don't know how close to stand behind the customer in front of me.

rbiller
03-06-2014, 07:46 PM
Dino, a couple of years ago I had just parked at the supermarket and a young couple unloaded their cart and left it standing next to their car. The cage for the cart was on the other side of their car. As they were pulling out I went over to get the cart and I was shaking my head at them. They yelled out to me, thought you needed some exercise. How are parents bringing up their kids now a days?

Stavros
03-06-2014, 07:49 PM
People, mostly on tv, who wave their hands around when talking but are not Italian or Spanish. Hand gestures mean something in Italy, so to see some presenting doing it because, in reality, they are nervous is annoying. Even more so because I did a course in presentation skills and was told not to move around, wave my hands around or do anything that these so-called professionals do, which makes me think they are not professional at all. Turn the sound off and you realise how silly it is; and also note that when a skilled presenter doesn't do it their overall presentation is superior.

People,mostly young people, who swear in public -I understand why rude words exist, and can understand when someone out of pain or frustration uses them, but I am offended when I hear people using the f word or something similar in the street or on a bus. Problem is if I were to complain I might get a knife in my gut. Or a mouthful of verbal abuse.

'Chuggers' or those quality beggars who try to stop me on the street and get a monthly subscription to a charity. I will even cross the road to get away from them. Even worse is when they have some inane patter intended to make you smile as if this is going to make you stop and listen to some sob story about people deserving of my £5, as if am incapable of making a contribution when I want, how I want, to whom I want.

TSCURIOUS
03-06-2014, 07:56 PM
People talking on cell phones in restaurants - Are you that fucking important??? Go outside!

Dino Velvet
03-06-2014, 08:04 PM
People, mostly on tv, who wave their hands around when talking but are not Italian or Spanish.

Yessir. Waving your hands in the air like you just don't care is rather annoying. I'm not sure if they're trying to engage me in a game of charades or a contest of Karate. Possibly shucking corn 'cuz it sure is corny.

NearBostonMass
03-06-2014, 08:12 PM
1. People who do not acknowledge you with a wave or nod when you allow them to cut in front of you in traffic or other similar driving circumstance when you demonstrate you are A MORE FUCKING EVOLVED PERSON THAN THEY ARE.

2. I once read about a guy who had a friend that knew a dude that considered being annoyed when he dreamt about a m2f never-gonna-op transsexual casually stating at a hypothetical dinner party to a very cool and LGBT friendly mother of three "Well, I'm just as much a woman as you are." Had such alleged statement ever been made it could have potentially led said totally cool, understanding and supportive mother of three to infer that this totally sexy and passable-in-forgiving-lighting-never-even-considered-SRS m2f transsexual was implying that mother of three was an uncaring, insensitive Christo/Fascist for simplying observing a basic biological fact within the context of a thoughtful and polite conversation.

3. You're not a doctor if you can't write a prescription for oxycodone. At least your not my doctor.

4. People trying to be clever who don't have the balls to come right out and say what they mean.

luvs2lick1385
03-06-2014, 10:20 PM
Mets fans who are Yankee haters.
The Boston Red Sox

Tina Francis
03-06-2014, 11:02 PM
on my smartphone so forgive the bad punctuation...

people who don't use their turn signals. people who hand the clerk a bunch of invalid coupons. this happened just the other day; stupid limey woman who can't fucking read "must buy two ". jeeezus! she handed the guy FOUR invalid coupons. people who dont look right when making a right turn. people who belch in public. people who put their feet up on the bus seats or stretch their legs across the aisle. people who let their dog leash block your path. people with loud dogs. salesclerks who dont engage you but in endless checkout chatter.

the list is endless.

Tina Francis
03-06-2014, 11:16 PM
oh yeah, forgot to add how infuriating it is to see an endless number of bad, redundant photos posted by the CD's in this forum and on Flickr. i mean how many goddam stupid pics of you do think we want to see?

for that matter, the same applies to all the tgirls and all their dumb FB selfies. the side shot with one hand on their head, their pumped butt stuck out and that coy little pout. once or twice is all you need chica; 137 times is overkill. and you all know this girl quite well.

fred41
03-06-2014, 11:45 PM
People that constantly spit...and also - I can't understand how grabbing your crotch, even when speaking in public...or in front of a lady, became so common place...can someone explain the necessity...it's disgusting.

Vladimir Putin
03-07-2014, 12:22 AM
Women who promise to call you and then don't and women who encourage you to call them and then are uninterested when you call them.

Mentally unhinged people given authoritative power.

People who go into a meltdown when told "no."

A person in the front of the line who allows a couple dozen people to cut ahead.

People who make a mistake and blame it on someone else.

People who are well off who think they have the moral authority to cast negative judgements about people not as well off as them.

People who brush off concerns when safety is an issue or when misconduct occurs.

Politicians who call out the other side for shortcomings and don't hold themselves to the same standards.

People who come off in a condescending and patronizing way.

People who offer unsolicited advice.

People who are ungrateful not matter how hard you worked for them.

People who throw good friends under the bus for personal gain.

People who go into a hissy fit when called out for doing something wrong.

Bullies.

Online trolls.

Bigots.

People who resort to ad homenim attacks when another person expresses an opinion he/she doesn't agree with.

And, oh, did I forget? Hypocrites.

Did I leave anybody out?

broncofan
03-07-2014, 12:40 AM
This one is going to sound mean but I don't mean it that way. When a homeless man comes up to me and instead of asking for money, pretends he wants to introduce himself and talk.

The common routine is they come up and try to shake your hand. Then they say something innocuous to pretend like they really want to have a conversation with you. Then they ask for money. Just ask for it to start with...I might give it to you, but the charade is too insincere.

There's also the story about how they just need bus fare, or just got out of prison and need their first ride home. I've been asked for this. We want a friendly society, but how am I supposed to respond to a perfect stranger who tells me they just got out of prison and want a ride home? Can you at least tell me the charge? Oh, you killed someone in a car huh?

zimm66
03-07-2014, 12:43 AM
healthy people parking in handicap parking places.

Vladimir Putin
03-07-2014, 12:51 AM
This one is going to sound mean but I don't mean it that way. When a homeless man comes up to me and instead of asking for money, pretends he wants to introduce himself and talk.

The common routine is they come up and try to shake your hand. Then they say something innocuous to pretend like they really want to have a conversation with you. Then they ask for money. Just ask for it to start with...I might give it to you, but the charade is too insincere.

There's also the story about how they just need bus fare, or just got out of prison and need their first ride home. I've been asked for this. We want a friendly society, but how am I supposed to respond to a perfect stranger who tells me they just got out of prison and want a ride home? Can you at least tell me the charge? Oh, you killed someone in a car huh?

Doesn't sound mean at all. I too consider such people to be a nuisance.

broncofan
03-07-2014, 12:57 AM
Doesn't sound mean at all. I too consider such people to be a nuisance
I visited New Orleans one time and I was walking down Bourbon Street. A guy comes up to me and says, "will you give me a dollar if I can tell you where you got your shoes?" I said okay and he said, "you got your shoes on your feet on Bourbon Street."

Option One: Explain to him "You see I thought you meant where I BOUGHT my shoes which just happens to be a little mom and pop store in Ft. Lauderdale. You would have never guessed that. What you said is where I HAVE my shoes which is a much easier question. "

Option Two: Give him a dollar and get the fuck out of there.

I chose option two:).

Dino Velvet
03-07-2014, 12:59 AM
I try to be considerate toward the homeless memorizing where I see Help Wanted signs. Their signs usually say something like "Will Work For Food" so I'm respectful assuming they are honest now connecting two cooperative parties.

nevada64
03-07-2014, 02:46 AM
The over use of the word like! My goodness, can't people express themselves without saying like five times or more in a single sentence? "He was like, going to come over and like give me some help, but I like couldn't meet him then, so like I said like, maybe tomorrow might be better, but then he like said, like I can't because like I need to work tomorrow, but like maybe later in the day like....
Drives me fucking batty. I work with a 19 year old guy that does this and I want to ring his neck after the third "like" in his first sentence.

rbiller
03-07-2014, 03:07 AM
Another expression similar to that is, "You know what I mean".

nevada64
03-07-2014, 03:24 AM
Another one, is when people start a sentence with "Yea, no".... Which is it, yes or no? "Yea no, I know what you mean". "Yea no, I meant to do it yesterday"... Etc. What the fuck?

flabbybody
03-07-2014, 03:34 AM
How bout when people start off by saying "needless to say"
It always means they're about to unload a pile of crap.
If it's needless ,then why say it ?

Dino Velvet
03-07-2014, 03:39 AM
Hey Flabby, thanks for the pet peeve thread. I made two listed below and like mentioning my pet peeves as much as anyone. Damn bastards always peeving my pets!

Backpage.com Pet Peeves (http://www.hungangels.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=78461)
Biggest Pet Peeves While Driving (http://www.hungangels.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=25253)

the_corner
03-07-2014, 05:04 AM
People at the gym that do not put the weights back after they're done using them... and those that sweat like pigs, stand off and leave the whatever machine all sweaty.

Jericho
03-07-2014, 05:25 AM
Miserable old bastards who do nothing but piss and whine (for fucks say, they should be glad they're above ground).
People using the word Loose when they mean Lose.
The French!

robertlouis
03-07-2014, 05:52 AM
Miserable old bastards who do nothing but piss and whine (for fucks say, they should be glad they're above ground).

Shut the fuck up then, you miserable old git. :banana:

Jericho
03-07-2014, 06:24 AM
The F̶r̶e̶n̶c̶h̶ Scots!

Fixed!

runningdownthatdream
03-07-2014, 06:38 AM
Usage of LOLOLOLOL...........is that loud laughter with an echo? Laugh Out Loud Out Loud Out Loud Out Loud ...........thats a WTF and OMG wrapped into one.

robertlouis
03-07-2014, 07:13 AM
Fixed!

Cunt! :D:D:D

NearBostonMass
03-07-2014, 06:20 PM
People at the gym that do not put the weights back after they're done using them... and those that sweat like pigs, stand off and leave the whatever machine all sweaty.

Is it wrong to blow your nose into the towel provided to you by the gym and then toss it directly into the laundry bin for them to clean? My insticts say that it's really bad form and probably not even a close call. But, there's something so inviting about a warm terri cloth towel when you have a cold.

martin48
03-07-2014, 06:38 PM
Even more fucking annoying is all this disabled people who don't use their parking places. I have walk from the far end the lot past loads of empty spaces.

healthy people parking in handicap parking places.

gaiseric
03-07-2014, 11:06 PM
My pet hate is noisy kids. I don't like children at the best of times and noisy brats really piss me off. The worse thing, however, is noisy kids in restaurants. The last thing I need when I'm eating a good meal is brats shouting and screaming especially when the parents are ignoring the noise and playing with their phones.
I have suggested to local restaurants that they should install a cage in the car park for the kids - at least people could then dine in peace.

rbiller
03-07-2014, 11:23 PM
gaiseric, Could not have said it better myself. I don't dislike kids, they just bother me most of the time and when I go to a restaurant for a quiet meal and have to put up with noisy kids, it really ruins the meal. And I also think restaurants should put up a sign saying to turn off your cell phone. Very annoying having to listen to a loud person yelling into a cell phone.

favewhore
03-08-2014, 12:06 AM
people that throw their garbage in the streets as if the world is their receptacle...even worse when parents see their small children doing it and don't correct them...and then there are the good folks who have a full breakfast on the subway and then leave the full garbage on the seat or under it.

Or the people who think the world is their ashtray. If you smoke put them in a bottle that's in your car or something.. Smoking, so gross!

Falrune
03-08-2014, 12:56 AM
When you say "Thank-you" and the other person responds "No problem." It doesn't even make sense.

Jericho
03-08-2014, 12:57 AM
What's your pet hate?
Well, it's not fond of having my finger up it's arse! :hide-1:

Dino Velvet
03-08-2014, 02:19 AM
Well, it's not fond of having my finger up it's arse! :hide-1:

That brings back horrible memories. China Lady after Korean Lunch. Felt like spraying minced bulgogi all over the rub 'n' tug hut.

Vladimir Putin
03-08-2014, 05:17 AM
People who smoke e-cigarettes near people wrongly thinking other people would think differently from regular cigarettes.

Dino Velvet
03-10-2014, 04:24 AM
I gotta good one. I really hate that hard form-fitting plastic packaging that you have to get the scissors and cut around enough so you can peel the darn thing off. I've cut my hand a few times on jagged edges.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51tcNgL59oL._SY300_.jpg

robertlouis
03-10-2014, 04:30 AM
I gotta good one. I really hate that hard form-fitting plastic packaging that you have to get the scissors and cut around enough so you can peel the darn thing off. I've cut my hand a few times on jagged edges.

The Worst? Getting scissors out of that kind of packaging. Seriously.

broncofan
03-10-2014, 04:31 AM
That's a good one Dino. That packaging is way tougher than it has to be.

My recent one is that my phone charger lights up when I plug it in. It messes with my sleep. No reason for a phone charger to tell you it's plugged in with a way too bright light.

Dino Velvet
03-10-2014, 04:55 AM
The Worst? Getting scissors out of that kind of packaging. Seriously.

If it's a package of scissors I guess you'd need to open it with a chainsaw.

That's a good one Dino. That packaging is way tougher than it has to be.

My recent one is that my phone charger lights up when I plug it in. It messes with my sleep. No reason for a phone charger to tell you it's plugged in with a way too bright light.

So tough the people at Norelco might be a bit passive-aggressive. I'm gonna write them a fairly sarcastic letter.

fred41
03-10-2014, 06:19 AM
Speaking of packaging...who doesn't hate those perpetual statically charged Styrofoam peanuts.

DreadBarbie
03-10-2014, 06:48 AM
Weird one... I hate it when people call me dude. No idea why?.....

Yeah
03-11-2014, 10:53 PM
Inconsiderate people, stupid people, stupid people that think they are smart, clueless people, and worst of all billy badass people that think they are cool.

rbiller
03-11-2014, 11:39 PM
Most of the Republicans in Congress.

AshlynCreamher
03-11-2014, 11:42 PM
Lobbyist

Tina Francis
03-12-2014, 12:11 AM
Speaking of packaging...who doesn't hate those perpetual statically charged Styrofoam peanuts.

I did time in a shipping store...don't get me started...

Ciffer
03-12-2014, 03:34 AM
"my bad" in any context

$$$Bill
03-12-2014, 06:25 AM
Food workers never getting my order correct in the drive-thru, so I have to go back around. I mean what's so hard, the order is written on a screen right in front of them...

francisfkudrow
03-12-2014, 06:41 AM
People who are still using checks to pay for things at retail stores, and don't even start to write the check until they hear the total.

Stavros
03-12-2014, 11:19 AM

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51tcNgL59oL._SY300_.jpg

This is a classic -does anyone remember struggling to get the wrapper off a new VHS tape? I still buy CD's and DVD's and have a pin handy to slice through and break it up as the tab never works.

francisfkudrow
03-12-2014, 05:02 PM
Food workers never getting my order correct in the drive-thru, so I have to go back around. I mean what's so hard, the order is written on a screen right in front of them...

Agreed, but I think this is a case of "you get what you pay for". Fast food workers are reminded every two weeks in their paycheck that the company doesn't give a rat's ass about them, so they don't give a rat's ass about the quality of their work.

pantybulge69
03-13-2014, 07:23 AM
Another peeve - sorry/nasty ass people who can't push a simple toilet handle down to flush their disgusting, floatin', fucking ass-hole turds down the toilet bowl....Uuuugh!! :frustrated

Ben in LA
03-13-2014, 07:27 AM
Tossers who keep hitting their brakes for no apparent reason...

Vladimir Putin
03-25-2014, 08:01 AM
People at call centers who asked me who did I speak to previously. 99% of the time I don't take down the name of people I speak to.

Baggins
03-25-2014, 01:38 PM
People who can't/won't switch off the keypad tones on their phones but continually text whilst in confined public places.

$$$Bill
03-25-2014, 05:57 PM
People who don't cover their mouth while coughing. I don't need to be breathing that crap in.

trish
03-25-2014, 06:06 PM
people

jamiethewild
03-25-2014, 06:14 PM
Cocksuckers
Ppl chewing their food next to my ear.
Ppl breathing with their mouth open next to my ear.
Dirty hands.
Bad Breath and worst when its mix with coffee.
Shit and the smell
Asses

philipsfrog
03-25-2014, 07:35 PM
People who eat with the mouth open and who talk or use there phone in the cinema.

Dino Velvet
03-25-2014, 07:45 PM
Relatives who excessively say they love you but are always the first one to attempt to end the phone call. Palos Verdes...

Dino Velvet
03-26-2014, 02:49 AM
Having to spend money on things other than narcotics and hookers. Talk about a waste.

Dino Velvet
04-01-2014, 09:16 PM
When I think I got bugs crawling all over me.

http://i614.photobucket.com/albums/tt221/My_Farts_Cause_Global_Warming/tumblr_m327r0ctq41r0f4y1o2_500_zps4ad4cbec.gif

RallyCola
04-01-2014, 11:22 PM
people who complain

Dino Velvet
04-02-2014, 12:11 AM
Clicking on a porno site to see some dirty stuff then porno music comes on loud enough for your neighbors to know you look at pornography at 8:45 in the morning.

fred41
04-02-2014, 01:23 AM
I hate people that clearly slow down on purpose while walking in a crosswalk, when they see someone needs to make a turn...even if traffic is backed up behind them.

pantybulge69
04-02-2014, 02:21 AM
those sagging pants to da ground, wit da droopy drawers/boxers hanging out ...:loser:

RallyCola
04-02-2014, 03:34 AM
Clicking on a porno site to see some dirty stuff then porno music comes on loud enough for your neighbors to know you look at pornography at 8:45 in the morning.

that's why it is a good idea to leave your machine on mute and only turn the sound on when you want to. mute is a wonderful thing if you have to have a stealthy fap

SuzySnappz
04-02-2014, 04:07 AM
Timewasters, lol.

be2378
04-02-2014, 05:04 AM
People who don't have a pen.

1hornySOB
04-02-2014, 05:21 AM
Spitting, Smokers, Dependency on Marijuana and Liquor, Flabbiness/Lazyness, Slow Walkers

and worst of all: Buttcracks

You could be a woman with the sexiest ass ever but when I see a butt crack hanging out it just looks classless.

RallyCola
04-02-2014, 05:36 AM
relating back to another thread because i was just reminded of this just moments ago...

porn where a transwoman is performing with a ggirl and the ggirl is not pretty at all. i'm really not happy with the casting choices that are often made when it comes to ggirls in our little genre of porn.

hairyguy
04-02-2014, 01:51 PM
"you know"

no, i don't know that's why i am asking you. i HATE hearing ppl. say "you know..." followed by a sentence in interviews.

EZWind
04-02-2014, 10:17 PM
1) "Professional driver....closed course" ....at the bottom of every commercial which shows a moving vehicle...because of :
2) too many lawyers
3) commercials where the guy is supposed to be ultra cool but has a nasty grizzled stubbly 6 o'clock shadow....if you're gonna grow a beard, grow one....otherwise take a fukn shave already
4) commercials where they tell you to buy their pills, then drone on for 3 minutes w/ a whole grocery list of horrible side effects that may befall you if you take them
5) commercials
6) people who say " a whole nother" thing
7) people who chain their dog up to a tree in the yard and let it bark constantly all day long
8) people who don't know the difference between their and there or your and you're
9) people (with ya 100% on that one, Trish)
9 1/2) that stupid smiley thing that I can't seem to get rid of replacing my numeral eight for some odd reason
10) lists
11) irony

flabbybody
04-03-2014, 12:02 AM
people who say irregardless

EvaCassini
04-03-2014, 12:38 AM
people who say irregardless

Irregardless of what Flabbybody says...... hehehe ;P

Disrespectful people.

Ignorance.

Arrogance.

fred41
04-03-2014, 12:47 AM
"you know"

Know what'm sayin'
...is just as bad. Some people literally use it after every sentence.

fred41
04-03-2014, 12:49 AM
I hate when some nasty fuck farts on an elevator just as they get off...and you get on. You get left holding the bag.

fred41
04-03-2014, 12:51 AM
People bringing baby carriages to a bar.

fred41
04-03-2014, 12:56 AM
People (usually at work) who have to say hello to me several times a day...every time they see or pass me...like a robot.

Cundalini
04-03-2014, 12:58 AM
Know what'm sayin'
...is just as bad. Some people literally use it after every sentence.

In England it`s " You know what I mean?" or " Innit " and the end of every other sentence! It really gets on my tits!

RallyCola
04-03-2014, 01:32 AM
just found out on monday that i have a cousin coming to town from england in may....

my biggest pet peeve about out of town relatives is having to take them around the city to do all the touristy things. fuck me, i don't wanna go up the damn statue of liberty again.

hairyguy
04-03-2014, 10:31 AM
People (usually at work) who have to say hello to me several times a day...every time they see or pass me...like a robot.

seinfled had an episode where this was addressed. how many times do i have to say hello to you in my office area? i just saw you a few minutes ago or during breakfast.

fred41
04-03-2014, 01:22 PM
seinfled had an episode where this was addressed. how many times do i have to say hello to you in my office area? i just saw you a few minutes ago or during breakfast.

lol..Yeah, I remember that...come to think of it, Seinfeld addressed a lot of pet peeves.

EZWind
04-03-2014, 02:31 PM
In England it`s " You know what I mean?" at the end of every other sentence! It really gets on my tits!
...unless you add "nudge nudge wink wink say n'more"
...then it's cool

Nautica
04-03-2014, 07:32 PM
Nasty cashiers who lick their fingers to open bags and scratch themselves before bagging your shit! Actually, any finger lickin' good muthaf.... who thinks it's ok to lick their fingers while in a business environment! AGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

Guys with long toe/finger nails.

Anything with Miley Cyrus(j/k).

Dino Velvet
04-03-2014, 08:08 PM
People with horrible gym etiquette that sit on equipment so they can talk on the phone when it's obvious someone is waiting to use it for its original intention.

maxpower
04-04-2014, 08:15 PM
people who either refuse or dont know how to use punctuation and capitalization when theyre writing something they dont seem to realize that although their thoughts are clear to them when theyre writing it is irritating to try to read things without punctuation because everything just becomes one big long runon sentence that takes twice as long to read because you have to keep backing up and figure out where the ends of the sentences are supposed to be punctuation is for the reader not the writer

rbiller
04-04-2014, 08:36 PM
I agree maxpower but we must take into consideration that English is not the first language for many of the members of this board.

martin48
04-04-2014, 08:48 PM
This is my pet peeve.

People who think this sort of picture is funny

RallyCola
04-04-2014, 10:39 PM
I agree maxpower but we must take into consideration that English is not the first language for many of the members of this board.

as a born and bred new yorker, i pride myself on speakin propa american. fuck the queen's language. she ain't no fuckin' queen of mine.

maxpower
04-05-2014, 01:50 AM

I'm not even talking about non-English speakers. I'm referring to people who speak English. Their grammar is correct, but they just can't be bothered to punctuate. Don't be so lazy...is it really that difficult?

RallyCola
04-05-2014, 03:40 AM
I'm not even talking about non-English speakers. I'm referring to people who speak English. Their grammar is correct, but they just can't be bothered to punctuate. Don't be so lazy...is it really that difficult?

on an informal site such as this, grammar, punctuation and overall etiquette are not as important as you might want it to be

it is not a matter of being lazy...it is the nature of a society continually debasing communication to its lowest and most mobile and truncated form

at some point, there will be a renaissance of formal communication and the tools required to do so will be celebrated but fear not, for today, this board will not be its cause nor will it benefit from its inception

maxpower
04-05-2014, 07:59 AM
on an informal site such as this, grammar, punctuation and overall etiquette are not as important as you might want it to be

it is not a matter of being lazy...it is the nature of a society continually debasing communication to its lowest and most mobile and truncated form

at some point, there will be a renaissance of formal communication and the tools required to do so will be celebrated but fear not, for today, this board will not be its cause nor will it benefit from its inception

You're right, and it's not the board or anyone in particular that I have the peeve against, but the general trend of that being an accepted way to wrrite. I also think it's weird that cursive handwriting is no longer being taught in many elementary schools. Just a generational thing, I guess.

RallyCola
04-05-2014, 01:06 PM
along the same lines as above, i actually hate it when people question my use of a ';' because in modern language, it has fallen out of favor as more definite statements are preferred; it is as if people are allergic to its use.

what's next...we are going to stop using ampersands too????

hairyguy
04-05-2014, 04:11 PM
the phrases "interesting to say the least..." and also "it is what it is"

how about just shut the f up?

Dino Velvet
04-05-2014, 07:28 PM
The fact that it's legal for a moving truck to park just anywhere. I know they are huge and take up a big spot but they take out an entire lane just leaving it there.

Vladimir Putin
04-06-2014, 03:27 AM
Grammar Nazis.

Dino Velvet
04-06-2014, 03:30 AM
Grammar Nazis.

Ukrainian ones too, no?

EZWind
04-06-2014, 07:01 AM
....I also think it's weird that cursive handwriting is no longer being taught
...actually, not really all that weird. It's the same reason that kids are no longer being taught how to work a slide rule....obsolescence. The skill is no longer a necessity...apart from signing your name, it's a keyboard/text/touch screen world these days

Vladimir Putin
04-07-2014, 01:24 AM
Ukrainian ones too, no?

Especially the Ukrainian ones.

Vladimir Putin
04-07-2014, 01:26 AM
The fact that it's legal for a moving truck to park just anywhere. I know they are huge and take up a big spot but they take out an entire lane just leaving it there.

Especially the ones who rent out those big ass U-Haul trucks.

Prospero
04-07-2014, 07:13 PM
It was reported by a British tabloid newspaper today that an elderly woman killed herself because she didn't want to live in the digital age.

I sympathiese.

I've just returned from a vacation/business trip to the US. So my peeve is about all the extra crap you have to tote around to keep all the modern electronic gadgets up and running when you travel.

Why can't all the different manufucaturers of electronic gadgets collaborate to the extent that one charger fits all.

I travelled with a laptop, kindle, Ipad,Iphone, a second mobiie phone, an electric razor, electric toothbrush and digital camera. They all required different cables to charge them. I ended up with a veritable spaghetti junctions of wires everytime i moved location. Apple even change their phone and ipad and ipod chargers they bring out a new model. So the new slimmer ipad needs a different size charger from the old one.

It would hardly limit competition if one standard charger fitted all gadgets.

martin48
04-07-2014, 10:36 PM
You will be pleased to know that the European Parliament is pushing for a common charger.

http://www.europarl.europa.eu/news/en/news-room/content/20140307IPR38122/html/MEPs-push-for-common-charger-for-all-mobile-phones

Tell Nigel Farage.

hairyguy
04-07-2014, 11:11 PM
It was reported by a British tabloid newspaper today that an elderly woman killed herself because she didn't want to live in the digital age.

I sympathiese.

I've just returned from a vacation/business trip to the US. So my peeve is about all the extra crap you have to tote around to keep all the modern electronic gadgets up and running when you travel.

Why can't all the different manufucaturers of electronic gadgets collaborate to the extent that one charger fits all.

I travelled with a laptop, kindle, Ipad,Iphone, a second mobiie phone, an electric razor, electric toothbrush and digital camera. They all required different cables to charge them. I ended up with a veritable spaghetti junctions of wires everytime i moved location. Apple even change their phone and ipad and ipod chargers they bring out a new model. So the new slimmer ipad needs a different size charger from the old one.

It would hardly limit competition if one standard charger fitted all gadgets.

i agree so in this case, you can condense your gadgets instead. use your phone as a camera, a movie player, as a game device, as an e-reader, as a computer of a sort (web and email). dump the electronic brush and use a manual razor. done. one charging cable and a slim one at that.

Prospero
04-08-2014, 01:00 AM
yeah except the camera takes better pictures than the phone 9and I need better pictures. and I need a computer as well as a phone. Etc....

Vic
04-08-2014, 01:06 AM
Seeing Black T-girls who are amazingly beautiful that don't display their dicks! I mean, there could potentially be Black girls that are posing here as T-girls.

dderek123
04-13-2014, 02:30 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4OVcq0ZhJo

broncofan
04-13-2014, 02:54 AM
People who haven't figured out by this point that the post rating system is transparent:).

Dino Velvet
04-13-2014, 03:02 AM
People who haven't figured out by this point that the post rating system is transparent:).

Thumbs up/down, you mean? I don't think it's fair to new members. The ones who know the lay of the land have too much advantage. The same people give me thumbs down all the time. I wonder if they know I've known all along. I wish they weren't so lazy and gave me more.

broncofan
04-13-2014, 03:09 AM
Thumbs up/down, you mean? I don't think it's fair to new members. The ones who know the lay of the land have too much advantage. The same people give me thumbs down all the time. I wonder if they know I've known all along. I wish they weren't so lazy and gave me more.
Yep. They don't know it yet. It was a shock to me too when I found out. But I've had a couple of people I've had a truce with who give me thumbs down.

broncofan
04-13-2014, 03:13 AM
I wonder if they know I've known all along. I wish they weren't so lazy and gave me more.
I think if they knew you knew, it would give them an uncomfortable moment or two.

Dino Velvet
04-13-2014, 03:18 AM
Yep. They don't know it yet. It was a shock to me too when I found out. But I've had a couple of people I've had a truce with who give me thumbs down.

I'm still going for the Ric Flair line, 50% for 50% against. I get my most thumbs down for my pictures and music and thumbs up when I talk about sex like a curiously horny 12 year old foreigner kid.

broncofan
04-13-2014, 03:28 AM
I'm still going for the Ric Flair line, 50% for 50% against. I get my most thumbs down for my pictures and music and thumbs up when I talk about sex like a curiously horny 12 year old foreigner kid.
And yet don't let that discourage you from posting pictures and music or the terrorists win;.

Dino Velvet
04-13-2014, 03:47 AM
And yet don't let that discourage you from posting pictures and music or the terrorists win;.

I won't. The sound of vomit hitting pavement has always been applause to me.

Stavros
04-20-2014, 01:24 PM
What could be more simple than a croissant? It is kneaded, baked and eaten. Why, then do so many establishments find it impossible to make one that doesn't taste like concentrated newspaper, or even worse, think that having baked it once, it can then be shoved in a micro-wave -or worse? A few weeks ago in Heathrow, Terminal 4 where there is a paucity of proper cafes I was asked if I wanted my croissant toasted. I don't usually eat filled croissants but I had not had breakfast and opted for a modest version without realising they were going to put the croissant into one of those electronic clamps so it came out completely flat. When it was given to me I looked at it and said 'What is that?' and was going to refuse to eat it but I couldn't be bothered to argue and the staff didn't really know what a croissant was anyway. To them it is just a fancy sandwich. Even in some good cafes where I live I have been asked when ordering the croissant 'Do you want me to heat it up?' not to mention the addition of butter and jam! It already has butter in it, mate. And jam? On a croissant?

LEAVE IT ALONE. A fresh croissant is just that, so stop messing it up.

Dino Velvet
04-20-2014, 04:39 PM
What could be more simple than a croissant? It is kneaded, baked and eaten. Why, then do so many establishments find it impossible to make one that doesn't taste like concentrated newspaper, or even worse, think that having baked it once, it can then be shoved in a micro-wave -or worse? A few weeks ago in Heathrow, Terminal 4 where there is a paucity of proper cafes I was asked if I wanted my croissant toasted. I don't usually eat filled croissants but I had not had breakfast and opted for a modest version without realising they were going to put the croissant into one of those electronic clamps so it came out completely flat. When it was given to me I looked at it and said 'What is that?' and was going to refuse to eat it but I couldn't be bothered to argue and the staff didn't really know what a croissant was anyway. To them it is just a fancy sandwich. Even in some good cafes where I live I have been asked when ordering the croissant 'Do you want me to heat it up?' not to mention the addition of butter and jam! It already has butter in it, mate. And jam? On a croissant?

LEAVE IT ALONE. A fresh croissant is just that, so stop messing it up.

I just ate one of these. So good.

http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/ATlw-CAvGy8/maxresdefault.jpg

Prospero
04-20-2014, 07:58 PM
That looks gross Dino.... I agree with Stavros

Dino Velvet
04-20-2014, 08:14 PM
That looks gross Dino.... I agree with Stavros

What do you do for breakfast in Englandtown? I usually have a bowl of Honey-Nut Cheerios and a 20 oz French Roast coffee. A couple times a week I like to go grab a breakfast sandwich or burrito somewhere. I also like these massive Captain's Breakfasts served at British Pubs. I make really good coffee at home if you like it strong. Gotta be able to open my eyes after smoking a mountain of weed the night before.

fred41
04-20-2014, 10:31 PM
What do you do for breakfast in Englandtown? I usually have a bowl of Honey-Nut Cheerios and a 20 oz French Roast coffee. A couple times a week I like to go grab a breakfast sandwich or burrito somewhere. I also like these massive Captain's Breakfasts served at British Pubs. I make really good coffee at home if you like it strong. Gotta be able to open my eyes after smoking a mountain of weed the night before.

I used to love Honey-Nut Cheerios...but I stopped keeping cereal in the house for two reasons :
1. I not a big fan of milk in anything anymore.
2. When I get stoned I would gulp down the whole box dry...even as I'm coughing and choking on it..crumbs flying everywhere.

..now for breakfast I usually just have a plain bagel with Benecol on it,.....keeps me healthy and makes up for the late night, drunken White Castle binges.

Dino Velvet
04-24-2014, 11:27 PM
When dingy broads have no idea that they are actually expected to share the sidewalk instead of hogging the whole thing with their fat ass and saddle bags making you walk in the street to avoid goring the cow.

sukumvit boy
04-25-2014, 04:14 AM
Epic traffic jam today in Pasadena , semi hits another semi , center divider and onto commuter train tracks.
When I lived and drove a cab in New York , the cops would have been in the streets and intersections including along the alternate routes getting that traffic moving .
Not in LA !
In the 25 years I've lived here I can count the times I've seen it on the fingers of one hand.

flabbybody
04-25-2014, 02:59 PM
I just ate one of these. So good.

http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/ATlw-CAvGy8/maxresdefault.jpg
one double croissant contains 3 days worth of your allowable salt content Dino.
BK really needs to come up with reduced sodium/calorie version. Be nice if they could manage to get some fiber in there too.

bte
04-25-2014, 03:17 PM
I do not like it when people interrupt me. I mean if we are having a heated debate when it refers to either politics, religion, or any other hot button issue then I do not mind. But when I am the middle of a conversation with someone and someone just interrupts then I take offense.

praetorian
04-25-2014, 04:56 PM
When I am being urinated on and the Tgirl's aim is off and a little accidently gets into my eyes. Happened recently and really detracts from the whole golden shower experience so I only make sure I see Tgirls now who have good accuracy.

Dino Velvet
04-25-2014, 07:11 PM
one double croissant contains 3 days worth of your allowable salt content Dino.

That's probably one of the reasons it's so darn tasty.

broncofan
04-25-2014, 11:35 PM
People who get on the elevator before other people get off. Sure it's a minor thing, but it's happening more and more. What we have here is the breakdown of society;.

Stavros
04-25-2014, 11:39 PM
Bells and buttons.
You reach the edge of the pavement/sidewalk and there is a small box with a button to press to let you know when its safe to cross. Look carefully, if the light is on it means that person on the other side of the road has pressed it, so it is working. SO DON'T TOUCH IT. It doesn't make any difference, THE BUTTON IS PRESSED. JUST WAIT!!!

On the bus you can press a button which will ring a bell to inform the driver you want to get off at the next stop -there is even a sign which lights up when you press the bell, it says: BUS STOPPING. So why do people keep ringing the bell? It's done already, morons!! STOP RINGING THAT BELL!!

Jericho
04-26-2014, 12:18 AM
When I am being urinated on and the Tgirl's aim is off and a little accidently gets into my eyes. Happened recently and really detracts from the whole golden shower experience so I only make sure I see Tgirls now who have good accuracy.

Well, if we're going there...
Getting brown showered.
Hey, given what we do, sometimes...shit happens,
But I don't got to like it! :shrug

Bells and buttons.
On the bus you can press a button which will ring a bell to inform the driver you want to get off at the next stop -there is even a sign which lights up when you press the bell, it says: BUS STOPPING. So why do people keep ringing the bell? It's done already, morons!! STOP RINGING THAT BELL!!

Fuck you, i like ringing the bell! :dead-1::dead-1::dead-1:
Yes, that annoys the piss out of me, too!

Vic
04-26-2014, 12:26 AM
TS Stroker models who are having a hard time keeping an erection, that want to show you there asses instead of the dick! I loving looking at the ultra feme that have hard dicks, its the only reason that I watch, no some much for the ass shots. Genetic girls bring that ass all of the time, but they can't bring the dick!