PDA

View Full Version : What Will You Be Watching Instead Of The Oscars Tonight?

Dino Velvet
03-02-2014, 07:41 PM
The Walking Dead and True Detective are on. Rather watch that than the Circle Jerk Party for The Mutual Admiration Society.

CORVETTEDUDE
03-02-2014, 08:22 PM
I'm going to see "Son of God" and get away from all of it. I think Walking Dead is ridiculous and, I've about had it with Cop shows.

Prospero
03-02-2014, 08:24 PM
sleeping - its on UK TV from very late

Dino Velvet
03-02-2014, 08:26 PM
I'm going to see "Son of God" and get away from all of it. I think Walking Dead is ridiculous and, I've about had it with Cop shows.

Walking Dead is a leap of faith and it would require a period of suspended disbelief to go along with it. Enjoy the religious film.

broncofan
03-02-2014, 09:03 PM
Something more satisfying, like staring at the ceiling or cleaning my apartment. I was drunk when I watched the Golden Globes and even though that is infinitely more watchable than the Oscars, I couldn't believe how self-important and stupid the speeches were. I was only saved from it when I passed out.

flabbybody
03-02-2014, 09:14 PM
I have to watch to see Jennifer Lawrence win and then give her big 'ole stupid and surprised acceptance speech. "Golly I'm so shocked...... I had no idea. I didn't prepare anything"
hate to single her out cause she's such a pretty little piece of ass who is a talented actress but the show is such a big load of crap

fred41
03-02-2014, 09:23 PM
This time I'll be watching the Rangers vs.Bruins and Walking Dead.
Some years I do watch the Oscars..just not really into it this year.

ILuvGurls
03-02-2014, 09:27 PM
The Walking Dead and True Detective are on. Rather watch that than the Circle Jerk Party for The Mutual Admiration Society.

grass grow----paint dry

probably something on my DVR

Stavros
03-02-2014, 10:02 PM
a) I thought the issue this year concerns Ellen DeGeneres and whether or not she can, in a manner of speaking, pull it off;
b) Prospero says it is on tv in the UK whereas in fact I believe it is on SKY which is Rupert Murdoch's PAY ME OR ELSE version of tv, and is -obviously- extra-terrestrial rather than the UK, and is remote because the people of Los Angeles do not have the good manners to be awake when we are.

My prediction is that the Americans will look after their own.

evilguy919
03-02-2014, 10:03 PM
The amazing race all stars of course.

Dino Velvet
03-02-2014, 10:15 PM
a) I thought the issue this year concerns Ellen DeGeneres and whether or not she can, in a manner of speaking, pull it off;

The problem with Ellen DeGeneres is that she is not funny. This "not funny" element of her act makes it more difficult for her to be an effective comedian. Maybe some low-hanging fruit social commentary dialed toward the crowd's belief system could get her some applause.

Ecstatic
03-03-2014, 01:07 AM
TV tonight: Shameless, House of Lies, Episodes.

pantybulge69
03-03-2014, 02:00 AM
The Walking Dead....can'tmiss it. plus it's crazy snow (just 1 day after 70 degree day..LOL) in big D right now and I ain't goin' out in that icy street....
oscar shows are usually boring...so i likely will record it, then fast forward thru it to what i want 2 see once The Walking Dead and talking dead is over.....

EZWind
03-03-2014, 04:18 PM
....so i likely will record it, then fast forward thru it to what i want 2 see
...the only way to watch the show
....not too bad this year...Ellen handled the hosting duties well enough
...I figured Gravity would dominate and 12 Years and McConaughey would win (probly the best acceptance speech)
...biggest surprise of the evening was during the Wizard of Oz 75th tribute where Pink delivered an outstanding rendition of Over the Rainbow

joeym75ld
03-03-2014, 04:42 PM
Hannibal
DVRed from Fri nite

Nikka
03-03-2014, 08:31 PM
http://i.imgur.com/qfUAnRJ.gif