PDA

View Full Version : R.I.P. Harold Ramis director of Caddy Shack & many more

SmithXXX
02-24-2014, 08:14 PM
What a bummer actor/director Harold Ramis passed away today. He was awesome in "Stripes", "Ghost Busters" etc... He also directed classics such as "Caddy Shack" & National Lampoons "Vacation".

Dino Velvet
02-24-2014, 08:17 PM
I just saw that too. RIP. I was also a big fan of SCTV.

TSMichelleAustin
02-24-2014, 08:24 PM
The first time I seen Margaret Cho and got to meet her backstage in Chicago he was back there with his wife. A great guy and down to earth.

bluesoul
02-24-2014, 09:01 PM
What a bummer actor/director Harold Ramis passed away today. He was awesome in "Stripes", "Ghost Busters" etc... He also directed classics such as "Caddy Shack" & National Lampoons "Vacation".

he was sick for a while though. r.i.p. to a genuinely nice guy- not to mention, you forgot one of his most well known films; 'groundhog day'

buttslinger
02-24-2014, 09:07 PM
wicked funny

SCTV, 1/13/77 - MOE GREEN: "SO YOU'RE DEAD; NOW WHAT?" - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYCbF0Fat-c)

SmithXXX
02-24-2014, 10:02 PM
he was sick for a while though. r.i.p. to a genuinely nice guy- not to mention, you forgot one of his most well known films; 'groundhog day'

I didn't forget, There are too many movies to list, but one of my ALL TIME TOP 5 movies he wrote "Animal House"

maxpower
02-24-2014, 10:03 PM
I just saw this as well. How sad. Another lost comedic great. In addition to the acting and directing, he was a head writer for SCTV, and he wrote or co-wrote many movies, such as Meatballs, Stripes, Ghostbusters 1 & 2, Caddyshack, Groundhog Day, Analyze This, and Animal House - in which the part of Otter was written for Bill Murray, and the part of D-Day for Dan Aykroyd.

luvs2lick1385
02-24-2014, 10:09 PM
A comic genius. He put John Belushi (Animal House), Rodney Dangerfield and Bill Murray (Caddyshack) into their first movies, as well as writhing some our funniest screenplays.
We will sorely miss you Harold. Thank You for sharing your wonderful sick talent with us...RIP.

EZWind
02-24-2014, 11:26 PM
Damn...first Sid Caesar, now Harold
...sad times indeed for comedy
...in my youth, 69 seemed ancient...funny how, as I'm fast approaching Medicare, 69 seems way too soon to go
....will miss his talents and take a small comfort that at least his pain has ended. He apparently had been suffering from some unusual blood vessel ailment for some time.
And, as anyone who may have checked out my user profile can tell you, Egon was one o my favorite movie characters
Rest In Peace