PDA

View Full Version : Salad Rolls... Peanut Sauce or Tangy Sauce?

GroobyKrissy
01-21-2014, 06:13 AM
I am in a silly mood tonight.

Should salad rolls (not egg rolls - or cock rolls) be served with peanut sauce or that tangy sauce?

Tonight, I ordered some salad rolls at a Thai restaurant that I had never been to before and they came with that tangy, sweet, somewhat spicy sauce instead of peanut sauce. They just weren't satisfying... and I hate it when things I put in my mouth aren't ultimately satisfying.

So, I think I am a peanut sauce person.

Stavros
01-21-2014, 08:59 AM
I don't know what a salad roll is -is it made of pastry, is it deep fried, is it round is it square does it need butter?? The only solution is for you to come round to mine and show me your roll...

GroobyKrissy
01-21-2014, 09:03 AM
I don't know what a salad roll is -is it made of pastry, is it deep fried, is it round is it square does it need butter?? The only solution is for you to come round to mine and show me your roll...

Salad Rolls =

robertlouis
01-21-2014, 09:58 AM
Over here a salad roll would consist of lettuce, tomato and cucumber served on a floury white bap. And I'd have mine with Heinz Salad Cream because it's the taste of childhood picnics on a windswept beach.

Ben in LA
01-21-2014, 10:39 AM
I just want to see you eating one of those...Krissy (not you RL!)

robertlouis
01-21-2014, 10:45 AM
I just want to see you eating one of those...Krissy (not you RL!)

Damn you Ben. I could make it really sexy..... :dancing:

Felicia Katt
01-21-2014, 10:50 AM
I think they are called spring rolls, not salad rolls and they delicious with either but I prefer the spicy sauce. :) but then I tend to roll spicy overall :)

FK

fred41
01-21-2014, 03:34 PM
Peanut...always have some in the fridge.

GroobyKrissy
01-21-2014, 04:15 PM
I think they are called spring rolls, not salad rolls and they delicious with either but I prefer the spicy sauce. :) but then I tend to roll spicy overall :)

FK

Dammit Felicia.

I don't know what in the world I have done to piss you off so much and I don't know why you have to get your nose into every thread I write and then attack me with your contrary views. I am Asian. I think I know what a "spring roll" and a "salad roll" is and the difference between them. You're not Asian so you're not even qualified to answer the question so keep your spicy ass out of my threads.

Why does a non-Asian like you even think that you can have an opinion on what we Asians call our appetizers? I ask a simple question and get attacked for it. I mean, that is so absurd. I'm warning you... you had best steer clear of my threads from now on or else I'll spicy your roll with some ghost chili... we'll see how spicy your are then.

Now folks... wouldn't that just be absurd if I really meant any of that?

Seriously though Felicia... I used to call them spring rolls when I lived in CA but when I moved up here to OR and ordered them, I would always get the fried ones, which I call "egg rolls". So, I think the PNW has just decided to be ornery and refer to them as "salad rolls" for the fresh ones as opposed to the fried ones.

SammiValentine
01-21-2014, 06:20 PM
they look awfully gay. need a bit more meat .............

Prospero
01-21-2014, 07:07 PM
I had some today at lunch. Peanut sauce for sure.

GroobyKrissy
01-21-2014, 07:19 PM
they look awfully gay. need a bit more meat .............

Your gun looks gay.

SammiValentine
01-21-2014, 08:16 PM
Your gun looks gay.

Diamonds are forever!!! cant say the same for salad.

lettuce get over this ...:D

robertlouis
01-21-2014, 09:53 PM
Dammit Felicia.

I don't know what in the world I have done to piss you off so much and I don't know why you have to get your nose into every thread I write and then attack me with your contrary views. I am Asian. I think I know what a "spring roll" and a "salad roll" is and the difference between them. You're not Asian so you're not even qualified to answer the question so keep your spicy ass out of my threads.

Why does a non-Asian like you even think that you can have an opinion on what we Asians call our appetizers? I ask a simple question and get attacked for it. I mean, that is so absurd. I'm warning you... you had best steer clear of my threads from now on or else I'll spicy your roll with some ghost chili... we'll see how spicy your are then.

Seriously though Felicia... I used to call them spring rolls when I lived in CA but when I moved up here to OR and ordered them, I would always get the fried ones, which I call "egg rolls". So, I think the PNW has just decided to be ornery and refer to them as "salad rolls" for the fresh ones as opposed to the fried ones.

Fuckin' Asians! :dancing:

robertlouis
01-21-2014, 09:54 PM
Diamonds are forever!!! cant say the same for salad.

lettuce get over this ...:D

'Cos you're always right. I romaine, yours faithfully.... :)

GroobyKrissy
01-21-2014, 11:41 PM
Salads stop with all the leafy green jokes... really bad.

Felicia Katt
01-22-2014, 03:35 AM
Dammit Felicia.

classic!! love it!! and you can spicy my roll any which way you want :)

if you are going to be here for the Awards, lets go get some afterwards
(thigh before, thai later LOL )

FK

broncofan
01-22-2014, 03:58 AM
Hoisin sauce or plum sauce or sriracha in that order.

Am I confined to the feeble choices you provided?:)

robertlouis
01-22-2014, 04:12 AM
Hoisin sauce or plum sauce or sriracha in that order.

Am I confined to the feeble choices you provided?:)

Ha! You effete epicurean, broncofan. :dancing:

broncofan
01-22-2014, 04:14 AM
Ha! You effete epicurean, broncofan. :dancing:
I think you mean gluttonous pig with particular taste...but I'll take it.;

GroobyKrissy
01-22-2014, 08:04 AM
classic!! love it!! and you can spicy my roll any which way you want :)

if you are going to be here for the Awards, lets go get some afterwards
(thigh before, thai later LOL )

FK

I would love to but I will have my BF in tow for the TA's and for Monday night as well. We're going on two years :).

I'll be in town the whole week after the event though and would love something to do :)... Tues, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat... I have a few things lined up but free those nights as the BF leaves Tues AM so will definitely take you up on the offer then :).

Ben in LA
01-22-2014, 10:11 AM
I would love to but I will have my BF in tow for the TA's and for Monday night as well. We're going on two years :).

I'll be in town the whole week after the event though and would love something to do :)... Tues, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat... I have a few things lined up but free those nights as the BF leaves Tues AM so will definitely take you up on the offer then :).
Hopefully I'll have three of those days off so you can get in front of my camera...again. :)

GroobyKrissy
01-22-2014, 10:13 AM
Hopefully I'll have three of those days off so you can get in front of my camera...again. :)

Planning on it so let's keep in touch. I'll see you Sunday (I know you'll be busy working the floor) and of course, you have my Twitter / FB / etc. and I'll DM you my phone if you'd like :).

GroobyKrissy
01-22-2014, 10:14 AM
I am glad to see the sriracha getting some love in the poll.