PDA

View Full Version : Hair Removal

Rivz
01-17-2014, 05:13 AM
So I was curious about the cost for hair removal of just the face, not cause I'm transtioning, just cause I'm a lazy fuck and hate shaving. But 2k just for 8 sessions...Ouch this shit is not cheap don't know how you girls get the money together. I feel your pain now.

tsmirandameadows
01-17-2014, 05:54 AM
And that's one of the cheaper things we have to get. :)

The thing to keep in mind with men getting facial laser hair removal is a big gender marker for men is the presence of beard shadow. When you shave, you only slice off the outer part of the hair, with a significant part of it still under the skin. This means if you have dark hair and light skin, you can see where the hair grows even if the guy is clean shaven. Again, that beard shadow is a big piece of how we (subconsciously) identify men as men. If you get laser, the follicles will be gradually killed and damaged, which over time will mean you won't have to shave, but it also means you won't have beard shadow. This will have a dramatic impact on your appearance, making you look younger but also less mature/manly. For example, if you're in your twenties and haven't been carded for alcohol in a while, you WILL start getting carded again, because you'll kinda look like your 18 or so. Something to consider at any rate.

Jamie French
01-17-2014, 06:14 AM
I got a session a month for one year at about 1400.00. Facial hair is hormonal so being on HRT helps a lot in order to get the effects to stick. Might not be worth your time if you're a straight up dude with typical testosterone levels.

Tina Francis
01-17-2014, 07:06 AM
To amplify on Jamie's post, you might try joining a CD forum; there are plenty of straight men who have had laser/electrolysis and could give you the benefit of their experience.

robertlouis
01-17-2014, 07:06 AM
And that's one of the cheaper things we have to get. :)

The thing to keep in mind with men getting facial laser hair removal is a big gender marker for men is the presence of beard shadow. When you shave, you only slice off the outer part of the hair, with a significant part of it still under the skin. This means if you have dark hair and light skin, you can see where the hair grows even if the guy is clean shaven. Again, that beard shadow is a big piece of how we (subconsciously) identify men as men. If you get laser, the follicles will be gradually killed and damaged, which over time will mean you won't have to shave, but it also means you won't have beard shadow. This will have a dramatic impact on your appearance, making you look younger but also less mature/manly. For example, if you're in your twenties and haven't been carded for alcohol in a while, you WILL start getting carded again, because you'll kinda look like your 18 or so. Something to consider at any rate.

I think I'll stick to Gillette if it's all the same lol.

But what you say is true. Even the most delicate and feminine girl can develop a five o'clock shadow unless she's had her face lasered.

If you read Liberty Harkness' posts you'll see that she goes for a lengthy laser treatment every month/six weeks or so. It's a long-winded and painful process, but for a lot of girls it's one of the essential rites of tgirl passage that leads eventually to full srs.

Jamie French
01-17-2014, 08:15 AM
It's not painful and it literally takes 5 minutes or less per session.

It's a warm tiny snap that you barely feel. It's nothing.

I think I'll stick to Gillette if it's all the same lol.

But what you say is true. Even the most delicate and feminine girl can develop a five o'clock shadow unless she's had her face lasered.

If you read Liberty Harkness' posts you'll see that she goes for a lengthy laser treatment every month/six weeks or so. It's a long-winded and painful process, but for a lot of girls it's one of the essential rites of tgirl passage that leads eventually to full srs.

tsmirandameadows
01-17-2014, 08:39 AM
It's not painful and it literally takes 5 minutes or less per session.

It's a warm tiny snap that you barely feel. It's nothing.

It depends a lot on the pigmentation, density and coarseness of the hair. My first laser session was EXCRUCIATING, but subsequent sessions became less painful, even as the laser intensity was increased. It's also possible that robert was referring to electrolysis which is quite time consuming but is generally more cost effective once you're remaining hair is of a small enough quantity that you can clear the whole face in a session. The pain of electrolysis is interesting in that individual hair follicles have different pain thresholds: some you literally do not feel at all, and others feel as if a match was just put out on your face, with most feeling about like a mosquito bite. For me, my skin takes quite a bit longer to recover from electrolysis but the upside is that I don't have that embarrassing period after laser where the dead follicles are expressing themselves from the skin and are extremely difficult to shave, thus giving you visible facial hair that you can't do much to hide.

BellaBellucci
01-17-2014, 09:54 AM
Actually, electrolysis will not clear a face in one session, even after laser, as hair growth comes in 6-week patterns. This process is not supported by simple testosterone, but specifically DHT molecules, the same that cause male pattern balding.

~BB~

tsmirandameadows
01-17-2014, 10:24 AM
Actually, electrolysis will not clear a face in one session, even after laser, as hair growth comes in 6-week patterns. This process is not supported by simple testosterone, but specifically DHT molecules, the same that cause male pattern balding.

~BB~

What I meant by "clear" was that you zap all the hairs which are actively growing and zappable. Obviously, the more hair you have, the more time it takes to zap them all, since electrolysis hits them individually. If you have a small enough number of hairs that you can get them all in a single session, electrolysis is much cheaper. If it will take more than about 2.5 sessions to get every hair, then laser ends up being cheaper. That's the point I was trying to make. :)

BellaBellucci
01-17-2014, 10:34 AM
What I meant by "clear" was that you zap all the hairs which are actively growing and zappable. Obviously, the more hair you have, the more time it takes to zap them all, since electrolysis hits them individually. If you have a small enough number of hairs that you can get them all in a single session, electrolysis is much cheaper. If it will take more than about 2.5 sessions to get every hair, then laser ends up being cheaper. That's the point I was trying to make. :)

Totally. I've always said, 'laser first, finish with electro.' It's the most logical, and generally the least expensive way to go.

~BB~