PDA

View Full Version : NFL Divisional Playoffs

bulldogtuck
01-12-2014, 09:13 PM
Anybody watching right now?

Odelay
01-12-2014, 09:21 PM
Nahh, I'm a Seahawk fan. Done watching for the weekend. By the way, it's funny hearing that the Seahawks now have haters, nationwide. A city with the most pathetic and impotent sports teams (male gender teams only) over the last 40 years has haters! Very cool. The Seattle sports scene has finally arrived.

I'm contemplating trademarking the team name Seattle Stoners. Maybe the next NHL or NBA team coming into town will pay me something for it.

south ov da border
01-12-2014, 09:21 PM
Niners... but its not looking that good right now on O. D has made two goalline stops... forcing one turnover on downs and one field goal.

flabbybody
01-12-2014, 09:25 PM
got some tgirl cash on Chargers plus 9

****not intended as recommendation****

pantybulge69
01-12-2014, 09:36 PM
i'm die hard football,.. always will be watching

plus i have my own football pick board and bets, so i'll pulling for
niners and denver to advance - i have seattle vs denver in the superbowl.

RallyCola
01-12-2014, 09:59 PM
my hopes for next week...

seattle vs. carolina and unfortunately NE vs. denver.

my hopes for the superbowl....seattle wins against denver.

in reality, there is a good chance (as of right now) that we have a 49er/pats game in which case, go niners.

pantybulge69
01-12-2014, 10:00 PM
Niners... but its not looking that good right now on O. D has made two goalline stops... forcing one turnover on downs and one field goal.

this Panth/49ers game will go down to the wire. Bank it!

pantybulge69
01-12-2014, 10:21 PM
my hopes for next week...

seattle vs. carolina and unfortunately NE vs. denver.

my hopes for the superbowl....seattle wins against denver.

in reality, there is a good chance (as of right now) that we have a 49er/pats game in which case, go niners.

oooh please, no more new england superbowls ...! :nervous:

Odelay
01-12-2014, 10:36 PM
Speaking of sports... did anyone catch this ski jump? Always thought ski jumping was like skydiving without a 'chute and landing on hard ice. Brutal. Worse than that old Wide World of Sports agony of defeat clip they used to show for years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOzWvd3pT5g

south ov da border
01-12-2014, 10:41 PM
oooh please, no more new england superbowls ...! :nervous:
I'm still pissed from the first one... Raiders got screwed big time. I still think the fix was in...

south ov da border
01-12-2014, 10:50 PM
Go San Fran... Offense woke up enough to power the D. I don't know how they will fare in Seattle, but they look great right now

pantybulge69
01-12-2014, 11:24 PM
this Panth/49ers game will go down to the wire. Bank it!

..i guess i missed this one by a mile. :dead:

dderek123
01-12-2014, 11:33 PM
:(

The better team won but the refs made a lot of bad calls/no calls because they had the niners cocks in their mouths.

Dino Velvet
01-12-2014, 11:37 PM
I'm still pissed from the first one... Raiders got screwed big time. I still think the fix was in...

Still remember which barstool at which bar I saw that 45 yard Vinatieri kick in the snow. Being a Raider fan I got no sympathy, just lots of laughing and pointing. URRRRRGH!!!

south ov da border
01-12-2014, 11:43 PM
Still remember which barstool at which bar I saw that 45 yard Vinatieri kick in the snow. Being a Raider fan I got no sympathy, just lots of laughing and pointing. URRRRRGH!!!

I think I invented new curse words. I remember watching the superbowl that year sulking. The next year we made it there but it just wasn't right, whole bunch of bs... people disappearing, coach not going with the gameplan, etc. I was living about 2 hours from Tampa so I got clowned pretty hard...

Dino Velvet
01-12-2014, 11:53 PM
I think I invented new curse words. I remember watching the superbowl that year sulking. The next year we made it there but it just wasn't right, whole bunch of bs... people disappearing, coach not going with the gameplan, etc. I was living about 2 hours from Tampa so I got clowned pretty hard...

I almost lost $500 betting on the Raiders over Tampa. I knew the rule of not betting on your favorite team but I was just that confident that it would not apply here. Dude I was trying to bet didn't have $500 to lose so luckily wasn't in the position to take my 500. That game seemed to last 8-9 hours too.

dderek123
01-13-2014, 12:04 AM
http://i.minus.com/i4RUQBWVZUH2O.gif

This is kind of how i feel. Proud of my team and hopeful for next season though. Our new GM makes a lot of smart moves.

south ov da border
01-13-2014, 12:13 AM
I almost lost $500 betting on the Raiders over Tampa. I knew the rule of not betting on your favorite team but I was just that confident that it would not apply here. Dude I was trying to bet didn't have $500 to lose so luckily wasn't in the position to take my 500. That game seemed to last 8-9 hours too.

lucky for me my roommate and I bought 2 of the 18 count cases of beer and between that xanax bar and some good green I was out of it by the middle of the first quarter. I roused a few times to increasingly worse scores.

Oakland and San Fran are my teams. I didn't watch the super bowl last year as I was on a shroom bender.

Dino Velvet
01-13-2014, 12:57 AM
lucky for me my roommate and I bought 2 of the 18 count cases of beer and between that xanax bar and some good green I was out of it by the middle of the first quarter. I roused a few times to increasingly worse scores.

Oakland and San Fran are my teams. I didn't watch the super bowl last year as I was on a shroom bender.

Fun to rub it in to Raider fans because we enjoy being the heels.

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view4/4886355/great-muta-tells-you-to-eff-off-o.gif

south ov da border
01-13-2014, 01:23 AM
Fun to rub it in to Raider fans because we enjoy being the heels.

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view4/4886355/great-muta-tells-you-to-eff-off-o.gif

If only the mist were legal in the NFL. People do love to rib a Raider a bit more don't they?

Dino Velvet
01-13-2014, 02:00 AM
If only the mist were legal in the NFL. People do love to rib a Raider a bit more don't they?

As a Raider fan in LA I'm boxed-in from both ends getting abuse from the Charger and Niner fans.

We might not have mist but Janikowski usually has liquor on his breath.

http://thumbs.mugshots.com/gallery/images/2/d5/6b/Sebastian-Janikowski_mugshot.400x800.jpg

Ben in LA
01-13-2014, 04:00 AM
I remember that Raiders game as well. After supporting them during the Super Bowl (and being clowned as well) I had a revelation: why am I still supporting this team when they deserted my city (same with the Rams)? That day I adopted the Chargers as my team.

Obviously I'm disappointed with today's outcome...but as Radius Dark will tell you, I thought they'd go 6-10. I never DREAMED they'd make the playoffs, let alone win a game!

Now that my football season is over, it's time to suffer brought this Lakers season. I expected them to win 40 games this (rebuilding) year, but the way they're playing they'll win TWENTY.

And I'm not jumping on the Clippers' bandwagon.

Dino Velvet
01-13-2014, 04:15 AM
I remember that Raiders game as well. After supporting them during the Super Bowl (and being clowned as well) I had a revelation: why am I still supporting this team when they deserted my city (same with the Rams)? That day I adopted the Chargers as my team.

Obviously I'm disappointed with today's outcome...but as Radius Dark will tell you, I thought they'd go 6-10. I never DREAMED they'd make the playoffs, let alone win a game!

Now that my football season is over, it's time to suffer brought this Lakers season. I expected them to win 40 games this (rebuilding) year, but the way they're playing they'll win TWENTY.

And I'm not jumping on the Clippers' bandwagon.

I painfully admit you upgraded becoming a Charger Fan. Embarrassing being a Raider fan now especially considering how we've run our mouths over the years. My dad loved them since the Lamonica days and passed them on to me.

You know what year Mark Davis was born in? Wikipedia has it narrowed down some. That Mongoloid is the owner of our team. Reminds me of Patton Oswalt from She Heart She Holler.
http://i.imgur.com/J6CZ0CO.jpg http://cinefantastiqueonline.com/wp-content/uploads/Patton-Oswalt_R_350.jpg

south ov da border
01-13-2014, 04:38 AM
when I lived out in LA the best thing to me was being able to have a beer at a bar at 10 am and watch games. East coast people will never have an appreciation for how cool that is.

My mom passed me the Raiders gene. At least they got one title while I was living. Can't say the same for my Knicks yet.

and yes... that Patton Oswalt comparison is on point.

Ben in LA
01-13-2014, 06:56 AM
Why they fired Hue Jackson - after what I considered a successful 8-8 season, considering the coaches after Gruden - is beyond me. They've only won 8 games since.

I'll admit this though. If (when?) the Rams move back, they'll be my team...my NFC team. I'll still support the Bolts as my AFC team. If the RAIDERS come back, they'll have to win my support a bit, even though they were the first NFL team I saw in person.

bulldogtuck
01-13-2014, 08:21 AM
Why they fired Hue Jackson - after what I considered a successful 8-8 season, considering the coaches after Gruden - is beyond me. They've only won 8 games since.

Hue Jackson irked John Madden and Ron Wolf for mortgaging the Raiders' future by landing Carson Palmer from the Bengals for a 1st and 2nd round pick. I don't think anybody had a problem with Jackson's coaching but he did try to take over the football personnel operation after Al Davis' passing and he wasn't qualified to serve in that capacity. Wolf and Madden advised Mark Davis to hire a real GM to oversee personnel decisions. Reggie McKenzie, the Raiders' eventual hire, worked 20 years in the Packers personnel department. He is a former Raider LB. McKenzie made the decision to let Jackson go.

Ben in LA
01-13-2014, 08:34 AM
Hue must've done SOMETHING right. Eight wins in one season (even when they started 7-4) is better than eight wins in TWO seasons.

bulldogtuck
01-13-2014, 08:42 AM
Hue must've done SOMETHING right. Eight wins in one season (even when they started 7-4) is better than eight wins in TWO seasons.

Hue just got the Bengals offensive coordinator position. He is going to shine there.

He lost a power struggle in Oakland. The Raiders had so many dead contracts on the salary cap and lost draft picks that it would have been difficult for any coach to win there in 2012 and 2013. The Raiders are rebuilding the right way but it's going to be tough sledding in the AFC West until they find a QB.