PDA

View Full Version : Humira Salon Commercial

Dino Velvet
01-09-2014, 01:37 AM
The casting of this commercial is bizarre to me. Are they trying to show the Irish Potato Lady shedding her scales morphing into the pretty salon lady with the perfect skin? Too much contrast.

TV Commercial - Humira - Salon - Clearer Skin Is Possible - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXFxBpT6HeY)

Stavros
01-09-2014, 02:07 AM
Which one is the Irish potato lady -how do you even know she is Irish? The hairdresser is cute though, it was worth it for that.

Dino Velvet
01-09-2014, 02:53 AM
Which one is the Irish potato lady -how do you even know she is Irish? The hairdresser is cute though, it was worth it for that.

The one that ain't hot. I don't know she's Irish but probably coulda speculated worse. She looks like a tenant's wife who seems to have a potato in one hand and a Budweiser in the other when I show up to collect the rent.

Stavros, what nationality do you think the salon lady is? The giant ginger gal makes a better door than a window.

fred41
01-09-2014, 03:08 AM
The casting of this commercial is bizarre to me. Are they trying to show the Irish Potato Lady shedding her scales morphing into the pretty salon lady with the perfect skin? Too much contrast.

Not really Dino...if you look close, towards the end of the video...she still has psoriasis scars on her arms and legs (and under her hair line)...but they are not as disfiguring. I believe Humira was just approved fairly recently for this type of psoriasis. I believe it is a medication that originally dealt with rheumatoid arthritis...

fred41
01-09-2014, 03:12 AM
I guess she's supposed to look like a more average type woman...so most women will be able to relate.

Dino Velvet
01-09-2014, 03:12 AM
Not really Dino...if you look close, towards the end of the video...she still has psoriasis scars on her arms and legs (and under her hair line)...but they are not as disfiguring. I believe Humira was just approved fairly recently for this type of psoriasis. I believe it is a medication that originally dealt with rheumatoid arthritis...

I saw the improvement but wouldn't she have looked better sharing a scene with someone less attractive? A new Ford Taurus might look OK parked next to a Chevy Monte Carlo but like crap next to a Ferrari.

fred41
01-09-2014, 03:33 AM
Well,... it does look like a pretty high end salon...I assume places like that are always going to employ relatively hip, attractive people. What do I know, my barber is a balding Russian Jewish guy who buzzes my hair for practically nothing. He don't look like much. People with horrific skin conditions don't look too bad compared to him. Probably should change his barber smock it bit more often than he does also, smells a bit gamy on rare occasions....but he does a pretty good job on my hair...good enough anyway.

Dino Velvet
01-09-2014, 03:41 AM
Well,... it does look like a pretty high end salon...I assume places like that are always going to employ relatively hip, attractive people. What do I know, my barber is a balding Russian Jewish guy who buzzes my hair for practically nothing. He don't look like much. People with horrific skin conditions don't look too bad compared to him. Probably should change his barber smock it bit more often than he does also, smells a bit gamy on rare occasions....but he does a pretty good job on my hair...good enough anyway.

I had a cool Tex-Mex barber that lived for golf that reminded me of Lee Trevino. Told him when he retires to the golf course I'll either let my hair grow down to my ass or shave it completely off. I've done both. I miss that guy. He always had the sports page and recent car magazines and could carry on a conversation with anyone in the shop and not stop cutting hair. A real pro. Twelve bucks.

Stavros
01-09-2014, 04:51 AM
The one that ain't hot. I don't know she's Irish but probably coulda speculated worse. She looks like a tenant's wife who seems to have a potato in one hand and a Budweiser in the other when I show up to collect the rent.

Stavros, what nationality do you think the salon lady is? The giant ginger gal makes a better door than a window.

Umm...American?

Dino Velvet
01-09-2014, 05:37 AM
Umm...American?

Maybe by citizenship. You guys over there have a good eye for hot Indian chicks. I always enjoy when you show them off. Even though I live in LA they are more ethnic to me which makes them different and new. It's exciting to see new ladies come around so not every gal is a California blonde. Some of the Persian ladies are nutty hot and nicely put together. Unfortunately, they have a new Mercedes every 3 years when I buy a new truck every 12 so they seem like high maintenance. Might be different if I find a gal from Sherman Oaks who's father drives a tow truck. I've mentioned many times how I enjoy the changing of Los Angeles. I poke fun and talk shit but don't care who moves into my neighborhood unless they lower the property value.

I remember PMing some of you guys trying to find info on her. No scales or ashy nonsense with her. She glows and is radiant. Her boobs look like partially hidden spotlights to me.

Carl's Jr. Commercial - "Padma Lakshmi, Extended Version!" Hot Model - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Ozc-h-29M0)