PDA

View Full Version : Soft Box

Jamie French
12-22-2013, 05:50 AM
We built a giant 'soft box' to shoot in... Diffused shadows, awesome white balance, vibrant colors... All for the low, low price of our entire master bedroom.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

danthepoetman
12-22-2013, 06:07 AM
LOL
Well the results are great! Eva's skin tones are comming out magically. Gorgeous! And on the top pic, what an amazing feet curve! This is so lovely!
Great work again, ladies!

moonunit7
12-22-2013, 07:23 AM
I did that several years back to one of my rooms. It was like shooting people in a light tent. I bagged it after a while because I got bored with the sterile, hospital like, effect of high key lighting. It would have been great if I could have one high key room, a low key room and a chroma-key room, but it just wasn't practical.

I also bought one of those big, white, garage tents and used it for a hi-key space themed shoot. It was cheaper than doing the room in my house and kinda portable.

Anyway, I hope everything works out for you. It's great to see people making an effort to get better pictures.

Jamie French
12-22-2013, 08:49 AM
The thing is, this is just the default room look... I have backdrops, countless stands and rigging... we can do anything, make it into any kind of space. The main thing was arranging the apartment so we could gut a room to do anything we wanted. Hell, now that there's a solid floor/stage I can set up all my green screen stuff and finally get some pro keying done.

I did that several years back to one of my rooms. It was like shooting people in a light tent. I bagged it after a while because I got bored with the sterile, hospital like, effect of high key lighting. It would have been great if I could have one high key room, a low key room and a chroma-key room, but it just wasn't practical.

I also bought one of those big, white, garage tents and used it for a hi-key space themed shoot. It was cheaper than doing the room in my house and kinda portable.

Anyway, I hope everything works out for you. It's great to see people making an effort to get better pictures.

youngblood61
12-22-2013, 12:05 PM
Great stuff Ladies.

Ecstatic
12-23-2013, 09:18 PM
Jamie, that's what I call thinking INside the box!

Paladin
01-22-2014, 07:22 AM
LOL
Well the results are great! Eva's skin tones are comming out magically. Gorgeous! And on the top pic, what an amazing feet curve! This is so lovely!
Great work again, ladies!

And that's why I like pretty feet too!

darkrose2000
01-22-2014, 05:21 PM
Very good results.
It could be a pleasure to shoot in such environment.

martin48
01-22-2014, 05:27 PM
So this is a Soft Box for getting hard in - right?