PDA

View Full Version : Let's split California into six states!

Ben in LA
12-21-2013, 05:15 AM
I shared this on my Facebook page. I'd love opinions from the peanut gallery...especially if you live in the Golden State.

http://techcrunch.com/2013/12/19/tim-draper-six-californias-secede-silicon-valley-ballot-initiative/

BellaBellucci
12-21-2013, 05:18 AM
California is huge and politically diverse, that diversity often based on geography. It might work, if done right.

~BB~

runround04
12-21-2013, 09:56 AM
Im not buying new flags...

Tapatio
12-21-2013, 06:10 PM
Im not buying new flags...

Lol

I'm wary of any plan like this. Minority voters have power? Redraw the districts. Folks on the farm mad because the city-slickers don't love guns or Jesus? Redraw the districts.

Corporate interests are at sixes and sevens with public interest? Maybe some tech money can convince us to give them extra votes in government. Corporations really do lack sufficient representation, you know.

All we have to do is redraw the districts.

Ben in LA
12-21-2013, 06:18 PM
The proposed "State of Jefferson" (look it up) would go bankrupt in no time. It's also pretty difficult to gerrymander St. Francis, St. Joseph, St. Didacus, the city of Angels and the city of The Sacrament. Their respective metropolitan areas have the majority of the population....and we all know how they usually vote. Dodger Blue, not Cincinatti Red!

The valley of St. Joachim is a different story. Ever been to Bakersfield?