PDA

View Full Version : WORLD CUP best so far

timxxx
06-12-2006, 02:53 PM
Yes l know it's early but what's your best so far.
Mine is are -

Best Match - Argentina v Ivory Coast

Best Goal - P Lahm ( first goal against Costa Rica)

Best Team - Argentina ( I am tempted to say Ivory Coast but since lost to Argentina...)

Best Player - A Robben of Holland(Best individual performance so far)

MadOne
06-12-2006, 02:59 PM
Best Match - Mexico vs. Iran

Best Team - sad to say but Germany

timxxx
06-12-2006, 03:17 PM
GERMANY !!! :jawdrop can't defend(let in to goal against COSTA RICA!)
Mexico V Iran good game

cantona5
06-12-2006, 03:40 PM
looking forward to seeing brazil. also hoping england improve - massively. i enjoyed the equador v poland game. thought equador were pretty good. argentina look the best so far

Kirky25
06-12-2006, 04:05 PM
best team so far ... Argentina

best goal so far ... Frings (Germany)

Avenged01
06-12-2006, 08:48 PM
After today:

I have to say Czech Republic best team

Best goal - Frings (germanys fourth goal)

Best game - Argentina v Ivory Coast

Best Player - Riquelme

juvemerda
06-12-2006, 09:56 PM
ITALY WIN

TomSelis
06-12-2006, 11:52 PM
The US got pwnd!!! Ehh...they better put up a better showing against Italy or they're OUT!

blckhaze
06-13-2006, 12:20 AM
The US got pwnd!!! Ehh...they better put up a better showing against Italy or they're OUT!

they got one foot out already. ghana wont be an easy test, as they did very well against italy. If italy returns to its top form, USA is out.

3-0 is like 9-0 in baseball or 35-0 in football. noone showed up. cant happen against Italy, or the score could be 9-0

TheBigTreesy
06-13-2006, 12:32 AM
Italy the best performers so far, nesta and cannavarro absolutly outstanding and pirlo ran the show. USA made czechs look better than they are. Best goal is tough, plenty of long rangers, but i thought rosicky's second oozed class. Best player so far?

Pirlo

cantona5
06-15-2006, 11:43 PM
god, england are shite. :oops:

LG
06-18-2006, 12:58 AM
Okay, here goes...

Best team so far:

Argentina, no question. Two days ago, I would have said the Czech Republic but after the South Americans' annihilation of Serbia/Montenegro and the Czech's defeat to a spirited Ghana side (which was unlicky against Italy) it's all changed.

---

So the teams I would now rate highest are:
1. Argentina
2.Portugal
3. Spain
4. Brazil
5. Germany
7. Holland
8. Ghana

---

Game of the tournament so far:
1. Argentina- Serbia
2. Spain- Ukraine
3. Argentina- Ivory Coast
4. Mexico- Iran
5. Czech Republic- USA
6. Ghana- Czech Republic
7. Australia- Japan
8. Germany- Costa Rica

---

Best players so far in no particular order:

Arjen Robben, HOL---Kaka, BRA---Deco, POR---Puyol, SPA---Juan Roman Riquelme, ARG---Lahm, GER---Rosicky, CZE---Torres, SPA---Cannavaro, ITA---Cech, CZE---Essien, GHA---Drogba, IVO---Pirlo, ITA---Hurtado, ECU---Cahill, AUS---Klose, GER---Cristiano Ronaldo, POR---Luis Figo, POR

---

Biggest shocks:
1. Ghana beating Nedved and co. 2-0
2. Australia's victory over Japan (deserved)
3. The Saudis getting a point after being whipping boys for sol long
4. The Serbs being rubbish
5. England being rubbish (but lucky)
6. The US getting a draw against Italy
7. The Germans actually being pretty good
8. France getting no more than a draw against Switzerland

---

Pleasant surprises:
1. Ecuador
2. Trinidad and Tobago
3. Australia

---

Most disappointing teams:
1. Serbia
2. France
3. Ukraine
4. England
---

Best performances by a young player (21 and under):
I'm going with Cristiano for this. Torres is 22 and I still haven't seen enough of Messi or Rooney at this tournament. Fabregas is good and there are some bright English talents who are even younger than Rooney (but will they get a game). In order:

1.Cristiano Ronaldo, POR
2. Lukas Podolski, GER
3. Luis Valenica, ECU

Then there's Ghana's Gyan Asamoah who looks impressive. By the end of the tournament, Messi or Rooney may likely top my list.

blckhaze
06-18-2006, 01:27 AM
messi will do well come the knockout phase, as a sub he extremely dangerous, so even if h edoesnt start he can be a big impact. i don think rooney is ready to play like england wants him to, and he could end up being a draw back for em. they should be happy with beckham playing well.

The USA-italy match was ruined by the referee, but im proud of USA for holding out for the draw (still wish that shot by Beasley counted. i yelled so hard, my girl thought i hurt myself). now at least they have a shot at making it out of the groups stage, altough they wont get much further than that.

Im most dissappointed in Ronaldo from brazil. basic no show on a other wise spirited and gifted team.

France is too damn old and thierry henry cant score when hes the only one attacking with any pace. hes good, but not that good.

alos the so called "group of death" was totally overbuilt. serbia & montinegro left there game back home, and ivory coast was just overmatched, although they fought hard, they couldnt hang this year. it will be very interesting with the cup in South africa in 2010, the african teams are better than expected and only getting better as more and more play in the top european leagues.

GO USA :P

TomSelis
06-18-2006, 07:19 AM
I agree with those cards, they were bullshit. It seemed like the refs were giving the US a hard time. They really should've ended that game with 3 points instead of 1.

timxxx
06-19-2006, 03:19 AM
Update best so far

Best Match - Czech Republic v Ghana

Best Goal - Cambiasso of Argentina

Best Team - Argentina

Best Player - Essien (a toss up between him or Riquelme)

OlenkaDC
06-27-2006, 03:11 AM
Best Match: Portugal vs Holland.
Best Goal: Maxi Rodriguez (Argentina).

blckhaze
06-27-2006, 07:00 AM
best go definitely to maxi rodriguez of Argentina, with joel cole's goal just slightly behind. MR's is ahead cause he used his left foot when his rightfooted. best game definitel mexico vs. argentina. that game could have been 6-5 or even had gone to penalties which would have made it more insane. Best player, joe cole. he creating for an england team than truly need it. best team argentina. great combo of offense and defense, finesse and power. have a great chance to win it all if they get past Germany.

hal3000
06-30-2006, 08:48 PM
Argentina go home :D :D :D :D
Who´s next :?: :?:

54 * 74 - 1990 = 2006

Germany wins the Cup :!: :!: :!: :!: :claps :claps :peanutbutter :peanutbutter

TomSelis
07-01-2006, 10:17 PM
England is Out!!!

juvemerda
07-01-2006, 11:06 PM
Francia-Brasile-1-0 (gol di Henry)...Brasile GAME OVER :lol:

Zidane is magic :wink:

blckhaze
07-02-2006, 08:53 AM
yeah zidane played lik eman on fire. henry played well too. Brazil looked flat and uninsired for most of the match. dont think france can keep up this pace for 2 more matches, but at least Zidane will go out playing his best ball.

flabbybody
07-03-2006, 01:02 AM
I'm leaning towards taking Italy over Germany cause they're such big underdogs. Do the Italians have a shot? Should I stick to what I know, Yankees-Mets? I lose betting on that too.

blckhaze
07-03-2006, 06:33 AM
I'm leaning towards taking Italy over Germany cause they're such big underdogs. Do the Italians have a shot? Should I stick to what I know, Yankees-Mets? I lose betting on that too.

lol. i like Italy too. they have only given up one goal, and that was to Mexico. Germany has had problems in the back throughout the cup, theyve just have out scored people, and have had great luck when i come to people taking advantages of their chances.

NickTheQuick
07-03-2006, 07:03 AM
^^Italy's only allowed goal came by the way of Zaccardo (own goal) and that was against the US. I hope they beat the Germans. Other than that I don't care which of the 3 teams wins it all. I just want to see some good games where the refs aren't fucking up the outcome with their sillyness.

blckhaze
07-03-2006, 10:19 AM
^^Italy's only allowed goal came by the way of Zaccardo (own goal) and that was against the US. I hope they beat the Germans. Other than that I don't care which of the 3 teams wins it all. I just want to see some good games where the refs aren't fucking up the outcome with their sillyness.

A FUCKING MEN to mannt games were ruined early on by the refs. i glad some of those refs were dismissed after the group stage.

blckhaze
07-10-2006, 10:00 AM
Ok, so italy won, in PK's. it was a great game with a few surprises. The biggest one was Zidane's blatent head butt to earn him a red card in in the second overtime. to me that was the complete turning point of the match, however late it was. France had already subbed out Ribery(?) and Henry, and zidane basically handed Italy the match, by getting tossed. It was clear that italy would win, whether on account of being up a man, or in PK's because france had its top PK kickers and their leaders out of the game. Italy played a great match, but I feel France lost it, more than Italy won it. Still a good match.

Finally, the Whole event was better than i expected. The round of 16 had its ups and downs, but overall, it was better than the group stages. Main reason being the refs. Excluding the Portugal-Sweeden match, the games were called fairly well. the refs were more willing to let some stuff go and give out warnings like they do during league play, and it showed in more flow of the games, even if the scores didnt reflect it. the fact that a good number of matches went to penalties was actually a good thing, because teams had chances all night and GK's rose their games. all in all Good Cup. Hopefully this is not the last we see of Zidane, not a great way to go out.