PDA

View Full Version : Off Topic: E Cigs

EZWind
11-26-2013, 04:07 PM
Although I've only been smoking a pack a day for about the last 40 years, it seems like it's starting to get to me. My morning aerobics consists of ten minutes of coughing. If I run up a flight o stairs or sprint to catch a train I'm damn near passing out. I've quit many times, usually accompanied by a gain of about 20 lbs and eventually end up re-hooked.
So now I'm seeing these E cigs everywhere but I don't know anyone who's tried em. Anyone?
Haven't tried em yet b/c it looks a bit pricey, tho probly no more so than my dam tobacco habit. So what is it? Some sort of flavored nicotine vapor? Does it work? Does it give you satisfaction w/out lighting up? Will it make me cool enough to get chicks?
I see the city of Chicago is trying to ban them so I'm guessing there must be something to it.
Also, they seem to come w/ a little USB thingy. What's the deal w/ that?

Ms.Stepford
11-26-2013, 04:36 PM
I'm thinking about switching to one, or at least supplementing. Sometimes I feel ridiculous spending $91 a week on Nat Shermans.

I got one of those disposable ones a couple weeks ago on a cold and windy night I was staying in a hotel, and didn't want to put clothes on, take the elevator down eight floors, and stand out in the cold wind. If worked, and I was pleased to see that I could even haze up the room while lying in bed. I definitely smoked all the juice out of it easy quicker than I should have.

The juice is vegetable glycerine, nicotine, and flavor. You can buy it prefab or make your own. My friend smokes cinnamon flavored that he makes himself. I'd go with a light menthol with a hint of chocolate, to try and get close to my Nat's.

Higher-end vapes seem to be worth it. The other night when I was high as a kite, smoking my friends, it had a really futuristic feel to it.

The only thing that throws me is that you don't get to throw them away or stub them out, but you still feel like you don't want to smoke it anymore because it's an effective nicotine delivery system. If you wanted to, you could step down the percentage of nicotine in it until you wonder why you bother.

Ben in LA
11-26-2013, 10:41 PM
Nothing against my smoking friends (and there are many), but I sure wish more of you would smoke these.

gottalovetransexuals
11-26-2013, 11:13 PM
they work, if you let them and think positively about them, can take a bit of getting used to using, just stick with them and experiment with the different atomizers and flavours available.
go for it, there's loads of choices out there just search/join the forums and enjoy!
it's been around 9 months for me now, slip up once i've had a drink or 10 and i just dont kick myself when i do, think i've had around 100 cigs in this time, where as i'd usually be on 20 a day

BellaBellucci
11-26-2013, 11:15 PM
Stephen Dorf is sexy, but every time I see him, all I can think of is Deacon Frost. ;) #blucigs

~BB~

nucfan
11-27-2013, 01:24 AM
I'm a recent convert. Switched from real cigs about 2 weeks ago and have not missed them at all.

Make sure you get juice with appropriate nicotine strength and maybe start out on one of the 'smoke' flavours.

fred41
11-27-2013, 01:37 AM
Nothing against my smoking friends (and there are many), but I sure wish more of you would smoke these.

I'm with you on this...I used to be tolerant about it, but now the answer is "NO" to the following two questions (and I don't care if it's snowing with gale force winds).
1. can I smoke in your car?
2. can I smoke in your place?

...weed is okay for #2...but it's usually vaped anyway.

fred41
11-27-2013, 01:39 AM
On another note - friend of mine had a mild stroke so he had to switch to the E-Cigs and they work fine for him so far.

bluesoul
11-27-2013, 02:09 AM
So now I'm seeing these E cigs everywhere but I don't know anyone who's tried em. Anyone?

i use them only because there is no way i'm taking an 8hr flight without a smoke- and it's very rare to find a place that will let you smoke in-doors (particularly at work). now i can smoke indoors and they don't make you smell like cigarettes (so you can start making out with dames without that "argh, how much do you smoke" reply).

okay that's the plus. here's the minus. they're not really like cigarettes. they're more like really light smokes- and most of them are flavored (like apple, cinnamon etc).

the charger (usb) depends on what kind of thing you get. the one you saw it for is most likely for the ones that look like a pipe and you feed them e-juice (that's actually what you smoke). those are some of the best. e-juice or smoke juice or whatever they call it are like little bottles of juice you feed into your pipe and smoke it. you can get different flavors and some are closer to a certain brand of ciggie than others (so like, get apple if you want camel's etc).

i got the ones that look like a cigarette but those suck, use die quickly and look stupid.

blu's are cool. you've probably seen their ad on tv, but they're honestly more style (and name) over quality. you can probably pick 1 up so you can join the crowd at a bar or social function, but for your main smoking selection i'd get some more customized (visit a smoke shop for that).

charging is because the pipe has a button that burns the juice that then turns to vapor blah blah blah

btw don't forget: blow smoke in a boards face. it's the right thing to do

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2100/2464169078_98102ae8a5.jpg

BellaBellucci
11-27-2013, 03:39 AM
btw don't forget: blow smoke in a boards face. it's the right thing to do.

Why? Does wood really appreciate it? ;)

~BB~

EZWind
11-27-2013, 08:17 AM
Hey mates, thanx for the responses. Sounds like something I should take a chance on

domingo
11-30-2013, 08:43 AM
Just started using them. They can easily replace tobacco at about one-tenth the cost and with a different kind of smoking satisfaction. The Ego-C spinner is a good start for a personal vapor and one to travel with, and there are hundreds of flavors to try out. This is probably one of the fastest growing industries, with hundreds of Youtube tutorials and reviews of the many associated products you can buy. If you really get into it, the Vamo V5 with a Kanger Protank 2 is a relatively inexpensive combination for home use.

Ananke
11-30-2013, 03:34 PM
Tgirls have to go through so much in the journey of their transition, they acquire therefore such a strong personality and willpower, they should be able to stop smoking without aid, surely...come on girls...you can do it!!

Ben in LA
11-30-2013, 03:38 PM
http://img.pandawhale.com/post-30107-Justin-Timberlake-WTF-WHAT-gif-ZWRL.gif

EZWind
12-01-2013, 12:20 AM
Tgirls have to go through so much in the journey of their transition,
...firstly, I'm not a girl, T or otherwise, and secondly...

...they should be able to stop smoking without aid, surely...
...think so, do ya? Sounds like a non-smoker to me. Not sayin it can't be done, but it's definitely not any easy jones to kick

Ananke
12-01-2013, 12:31 PM
I have not always been a non smoker...so I know it can be done!