PDA

View Full Version : To Eva & All others upset about downvoting

Wendy Summers
11-21-2013, 01:58 PM
Watch this... it might help you weather it better...

Levels of Trolling - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O83vd0l-_Ew)

Prospero
11-21-2013, 02:26 PM
LOL... I see Wendy got a thumbs down already for that posting.

The thumbs up, thumbs down votes in here should simply be ignored. Too damn easy to give a thumbs up or down... and without an expression of viewpoint they are simply not worth taking any notice off.

Ben in LA
11-21-2013, 03:09 PM
LOL... I see Wendy got a thumbs down already for that posting.

The thumbs up, thumbs down votes in here should simply be ignored. Too damn easy to give a thumbs up or down... and without an expression of viewpoint they are simply not worth taking any notice off.

As I said earlier...tweak it so that we can see who is voting how.

Wendy Summers
11-21-2013, 04:02 PM
As I said earlier...tweak it so that we can see who is voting how.

Or just ignore them. :shrugs: does it really matter?

dderek123
11-21-2013, 04:53 PM
I like the thumbs up and down feature. It would be nice if a post received a certain number of thumbs down or an overall negative score that it would be automatically hidden. That way trolls have to try a lot harder or nobody will see their posts. Lazy trolling gets really old really quick. It's very common and easy to identify so it's probably one of the most common reasons for not returning to a message board.

Another forum I love does this and it seems to really work. The only downside I've seen though is that their thumb system seems to promote a massive hivemind in the popular subforums.

TempestTS
11-21-2013, 05:58 PM

_________ <--- This is the Fuck that I dont give about the thumb thingy...

Ben in LA
11-21-2013, 06:22 PM
_________ <--- This is the Fuck that I dont give about the thumb thingy...

I gave you thumbs up.

trish
11-21-2013, 06:43 PM
Call me a thumb sucker. I do my best not to stress out over it. But when I see others being deliberately and repeatedly targeted by this kind of high-school crap, it tends to put me into retaliation mode. (That's when the voice of OB1 says, "Shut it down and step away from the keyboard. Use The Force, Trish.")

EZWind
11-21-2013, 07:05 PM
The thumbs up, thumbs down votes in here should simply be ignored.
....what thumbs up thumb down thing?

EZWind
11-21-2013, 07:07 PM
... does it really matter?
...no

GroobyKrissy
11-21-2013, 07:23 PM
What I think is comical about the whole Thumbs Up, Thumbs Down thing:

If someone gives you Thumbs Up = You must be brilliant and beloved by all
If someone gives you Thumbs Down = They must be troll (it can't possibly be that they just legitimately don't like what you posted)

WIN WIN!

Also, I think if tomorrow we were all able to see who uses the voting system and where, it would reveal a lot of narcissistic tendencies (i.e. - voting for yourself).

Personally, despite some other users' beliefs, I do not vote either way on ANY posts, including my own. I think when the system first came out I played around with it but quickly lost interest. I've maybe actually voted on a post / thread 10 or so times over my time here, and I can't even remember the last time I actually used the voting system. I really don't understand the type of person that puts so much stock into something so easy to abuse behind anonymity.

VictoriaVeil
11-21-2013, 07:24 PM
oh Mama....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgbNymZ7vqY?t=52s

maxpower
11-21-2013, 09:27 PM
The system does not allow you to vote for your own posts.

trish
11-21-2013, 09:45 PM
But only by all of us accumulating sufficient green thumbs-up ratings will the cosmic expansion slow to a halt saving all lifeforms from a cold, lonely death in the vacuum of space and time. Thumbs-up = positive energy :)

MrsKellyPierce
11-21-2013, 10:04 PM
So unaware of the thumb thing..like I don't even care lol

dderek123
11-21-2013, 10:41 PM
So unaware of the thumb thing..like I don't even care lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOfIDtvfmqg

GroobyKrissy
11-21-2013, 10:47 PM

I've never even actually tried so I wouldn't know but, if you believe that, the interwebz has much... much to teach you.

EvaCassini
11-21-2013, 10:53 PM
Watch this... it might help you weather it better...

Levels of Trolling - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O83vd0l-_Ew)

That video is awesome! Just woke up, so it was my first good laugh of today. Loved the Trojan horse part. :)

fred41
11-22-2013, 01:32 AM

that's true...but some people have multiple aliases...so....

tsdvdman
11-22-2013, 01:44 AM
But only by all of us accumulating sufficient green thumbs-up ratings will the cosmic expansion slow to a halt saving all lifeforms from a cold, lonely death in the vacuum of space and time. Thumbs-up = positive energy :)
Trish..as much as I like and respect your intellectualism..it seems you are just wasting it by over-intellectualizing quite much on extremely frivolous subjects.
You are much to smart for this..

Prospero
11-22-2013, 01:45 AM
Trish..as much as I like and respect your intellectualism..it seems you are just wasting it by over-intellectualizing quite much on extremely frivolous subjects.
You are much to smart for this..

Failure to see joke!!!!

BellaBellucci
11-22-2013, 01:49 AM
Troll this.

http://songbytoad.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/who-cares.jpg

~BB~

broncofan
11-22-2013, 01:50 AM
Sometimes it instills self-awareness in people who say things that are annoying. Nobody is going to argue with annoying because annoying after all is neither right nor wrong, just annoying. So the thumbs down lets them know they've been obnoxious. It's like a feedback system of electric shocks. Of course, some people are the dumb rats in the experiment and have no clue why they're getting shocked. Or they claim they don't care which really means they do.

I think I'm begging for a shock right about now:).

Prospero
11-22-2013, 01:58 AM
I suspect some people are given thumbs down votes for who they are rather than the content of a particular post. But hey just rise above it!

dderek123
11-22-2013, 02:41 AM
that's true...but some people have multiple aliases...so....

Who has multiple aliases these days? It was really obvious back when I first joined.

robertlouis
11-22-2013, 03:03 AM
Yawn......

trish
11-22-2013, 04:15 AM
You are much to smart for this..The more complex the mind, the greater the need for play. ____Spock, Science Officer of the Star Ship Enterprise.

robertlouis
11-22-2013, 04:34 AM
I always suspected that's what you'd look like Trish.

But those ears. Ewww.

fred41
11-22-2013, 05:22 AM
Who has multiple aliases these days? It was really obvious back when I first joined.

I'm not sure anymore...the last obvious one was Natina/Brenda/ whatever the new one of the moment is...but those are obvious...
...not everyone is obvious though.

zerrrr
11-22-2013, 06:48 AM
Wait, there is a thumbs up or down? Why?

You would think with all the drama this board is known for it would be a very bad idea to implement or pay attention to.

broncofan
11-22-2013, 07:26 AM
I suspect some people are given thumbs down votes for who they are rather than the content of a particular post. But hey just rise above it!
This is one of the flaws true. If someone is just giving thumbs down to someone because of who they are, then when that person says something that really deserves a thumbs down, they won't know it. They don't know if it's because of what they said or because they have haters. A bad idea to give people thumbs down for anything but a bad post.

On the other hand, there are some who have generated cumulative ill will. Their haters must think one thumbs down is not enough for telling someone to eat a bowl of vomit fag or something like that. One problem with any rating system is that people attempt to override it to achieve the outcome they think is right.

robertlouis
11-22-2013, 07:54 AM
This is one of the flaws true. If someone is just giving thumbs down to someone because of who they are, then when that person says something that really deserves a thumbs down, they won't know it. They don't know if it's because of what they said or because they have haters. A bad idea to give people thumbs down for anything but a bad post.

On the other hand, there are some who have generated cumulative ill will. Their haters must think one thumbs down is not enough for telling someone to eat a bowl of vomit fag or something like that. One problem with any rating system is that people attempt to override it to achieve the outcome they think is right.

It's very likely that most people only notice the thumbs up/down stuff when it becomes a matter for debate as it has now. I know I never look at it.

And Wendy was only trying to make a joke rather than a point and here we are four pages later. Ho hum.

broncofan
11-22-2013, 08:02 AM
It's very likely that most people only notice the thumbs up/down stuff when it becomes a matter for debate as it has now. I know I never look at it.

And Wendy was only trying to make a joke rather than a point and here we are four pages later. Ho hum.
That's possible. I notice it on my posts, and sometimes I notice when someone has serial haters on theirs. I have a feeling a few people get bent out of joint when they have posters following them giving them a zing every time they post. Just depends on the temperament of the person.

Prospero
11-22-2013, 11:03 AM
Maybe the site owner could modify this to adopt the Facebook approach - which has the "like" option. You can then check who has clicked it ....

but RL is right. She was making a joke.

Ananke
11-22-2013, 11:54 AM
Maybe we should have a thumbs up or thumbs down as to decide whether the thumbs up or thumbs down concept is a good idea....hmm...I feel there is a flaw in this somewhere ;)

Prospero
11-22-2013, 12:42 PM
Ananke - you are a paradox fan I see

tsadriana
11-22-2013, 12:56 PM
Looks like every member who coment on this thread has more thumb down than up ...i soppose a new game when ur bored.:mad:

Wendy Summers
11-22-2013, 01:28 PM

I DID have a point... the question is: was it to tell the downvote upset people that they're only encouraging it by complaining about it or was this thread.... in and of itself... intended to cause a multi-page discussion and I have in fact trolled all you mother-fuckers!

The world... will never know.

Prospero
11-22-2013, 01:40 PM
Just gave you the first thumbs down I ever awarded you Wendy, for your trickery. You are a knave, milady

Wendy Summers
11-22-2013, 02:19 PM
Just gave you the first thumbs down I ever awarded you Wendy, for your trickery. You are a knave, milady

I have liked this post to further muddy the waters.

Prospero
11-22-2013, 03:32 PM
And I have liked your last one... or was it someone else? We'll never know.

zerrrr
11-22-2013, 06:03 PM
I DID have a point... the question is: was it to tell the downvote upset people that they're only encouraging it by complaining about it or was this thread.... in and of itself... intended to cause a multi-page discussion and I have in fact trolled all you mother-fuckers!

The world... will never know.

We need a thread for upvotes only to put this downvoting down where it belongs.

RallyCola
11-23-2013, 12:27 AM
kanye west for president!

amberskyi
11-23-2013, 07:02 PM
I only took notice to the "thumb system" after I posted sample photos from my last set on blacktgirls.I understand that every girl isnt going to appeal to everyone but I dont understand why express negativity when you can just ignore and move on when a chick isnt to your liking.
than when people started to thumb down compliments or well wishes left for me in my thread by other forum members I realized it was a troll thing and ceased to care

danthepoetman
11-25-2013, 05:42 AM
I only took notice to the "thumb system" after I posted sample photos from my last set on blacktgirls.I understand that every girl isnt going to appeal to everyone but I dont understand why express negativity when you can just ignore and move on when a chick isnt to your liking.
than when people started to thumb down compliments or well wishes left for me in my thread by other forum members I realized it was a troll thing and ceased to care
You are a proud and strong lady, Amber. A lot of trolling indeed with this. At some point, I had a few cases on my back: I could have said "It's a nice, sunny day!" and get a couple of thumbs down. Ri-di-cu-lous!
But anyone who thumbs your pics down is a moron anyways, lady...

Prospero
11-25-2013, 09:22 AM
I have just given Dan a thumbs up because I agree with him and because I am pleased his voice of thoughtfulness has rejoined our throng. Welcome back.

broncofan
11-25-2013, 09:09 PM
Dantheabsenteepoetman,
Welcome back man!

danthepoetman
11-25-2013, 10:25 PM
Thank you, guys! Nice to be here with you, friends! :)

lifeisfiction
11-26-2013, 03:19 AM
If you thumbs down, you are a horrible person, I mean I can't go through out my day knowing that someone thumbs down me. I didn't know that thumbs down really matter. I just think people put way too much weight into something that many people don't care for. I rarely look at what is thumbed down and thumbed up.

danthepoetman
11-26-2013, 03:43 AM
If you thumbs down, you are a horrible person, I mean I can't go through out my day knowing that someone thumbs down me. I didn't know that thumbs down really matter. I just think people put way too much weight into something that many people don't care for. I rarely look at what is thumbed down and thumbed up.

No one has talked about "horrible persons", Lifeisfiction... I agree it would then be a bit overboard, a bitsy bit hysterical...

youngblood61
11-26-2013, 03:55 AM
Have never used it, don't see the point.

lifeisfiction
11-26-2013, 04:30 AM
No one has talked about "horrible persons", Lifeisfiction... I agree it would then be a bit overboard, a bitsy bit hysterical...

I was being a bit overboard, but down posting has been link to trolling, hating, and other negative thoughts. And so many people wonder why Facebook doesn't have a dislike button. People would go hysterical.

robertlouis
11-26-2013, 04:34 AM

Nice to see you back here, Amber. Hope all's well with you and your life.

maxpower
11-26-2013, 05:06 AM
Thank you, guys! Nice to be here with you, friends! :)

Nice to see you again, Dan. Welcome back.

danthepoetman
11-26-2013, 05:09 AM
Nice to see you again, Dan. Welcome back.

Thanks a lot, Max! I was missing you guys! :)

robertlouis
11-26-2013, 05:35 AM
People are still worked up about this.

Oh dear.

Teydyn
11-26-2013, 06:51 AM
If there were an option to disable the like/dislike line for me i would... havent checked for it in a while, maybe now its here =)

Ben in LA
11-26-2013, 07:05 AM
If there were an option to disable the like/dislike line for me i would... havent checked for it in a while, maybe now its here =)
This right here.

TempestTS
11-26-2013, 07:38 AM
Cant believe this thread is still going... Ill be over here still not giving a fuck...

robertlouis
11-26-2013, 07:49 AM
Cant believe this thread is still going... Ill be over here still not giving a fuck...

Mind if I join you, then we can not give an even bigger fuck. :)

BBaggins06
11-26-2013, 08:11 PM

Heh, I generally don't post in threads that I don't care about. :-p So maybe you do care, just a teeny, tiny bit :)

littletwink
11-26-2013, 08:31 PM

It doesn't matter because, to find out a person's 'like' percentage, you have to go through the hassle of visiting their profile and clicking another button.

It would be different if the 'reputation' or 'karma' or whatever-you-call-it number was right there under your name each time you posted.

ed_jaxon
11-26-2013, 09:13 PM
From now on I will be thumbing like this.

Not that anyone should give a fuck I just figured if I give enough of a shit to thumb someone they should know its my thumb.

Ben in LA
12-27-2013, 05:49 AM
Anyone who thumbs down a compliment to someone is just a hater...either to the poster or to the person getting the compliment.

bluesoul
12-27-2013, 05:59 AM
Anyone who thumbs down a compliment to someone is just a hater...either to the poster or to the person getting the compliment.

what if someone makes a comment like "i love driving drunk" then someone else replies "i approve of your comment" then you thumb that down- are you still a hater?

also, let's say i thumb someone's compliment down then get downgraded to a hater, but later in the same thread, i say something cool or post a picture of a 7inch penis and get about 6 thumbs up- is the status upgraded?

Ben in LA
12-27-2013, 06:44 AM
what if someone makes a comment like "i love driving drunk" then someone else replies "i approve of your comment" then you thumb that down- are you still a hater?
Anyone who makes a statement like that - and anyone that agrees with it - isn't a hater; they're just an idiot.

also, let's say i thumb someone's compliment down then get downgraded to a hater, but later in the same thread, i say something cool or post a picture of a 7inch penis and get about 6 thumbs up- is the status upgraded?
I'm talking about comments that are nothing but positive. Thumbing down someone saying something nice is hating. Like I said...it might not be the comment the person is thumbing down, it might be the poster or the subject of the comment.

Tapatio
12-27-2013, 07:09 AM
Lmao!

LilyRox
12-27-2013, 07:19 AM
My sig in a nutshell

Ben in LA
12-27-2013, 07:53 AM
My sig in a nutshell

Pretty much...

bluesoul
12-27-2013, 08:31 AM
Like I said...it might not be the comment the person is thumbing down, it might be the poster or the subject of the comment.

hrm... i see what you're saying. so basically, it's like the real world- people can dislike you from your past transgressions

btw: looks like our conversation was disapproved with a thumbs down

http://i.imgur.com/wTdj2eW.png

Ben in LA
12-27-2013, 08:55 AM
hrm... i see what you're saying. so basically, it's like the real world- people can dislike you from your past transgressions
Yup...or because I associate with folks someone might not like. Guess what? They don't like them either.

btw: looks like our conversation was disapproved with a thumbs down
Yup...fuck 'em I say. Plenty of other folks to associate with...here and outside of the HA realm.

Wendy Summers
12-27-2013, 01:11 PM
Please remember, all of you:

http://img.pandawhale.com/42924-haters-gonna-hate-fat-kid-gif-VHex.gif

Ben in LA
12-27-2013, 01:40 PM
Please remember, all of you:

http://img.pandawhale.com/42924-haters-gonna-hate-fat-kid-gif-VHex.gif

Wendy Summers
12-27-2013, 01:43 PM

TL; DR

#trolled

RadiusDark
12-27-2013, 06:31 PM

LOL. Thumbs down. (all in fun)

fred41
12-27-2013, 08:21 PM

It's "seek" and "whether".

BreeTexas
12-27-2013, 08:49 PM
It's "seek" and "whether".

These two misspelled words bugged you, but the other eleven didn't? :yayo:

fred41
12-27-2013, 09:18 PM

iagodelgado
12-27-2013, 09:25 PM

Since it is an image, the errors are all down to whoever constructed the original image - spelling, grammar, ect. (sic).

I'm guessing Ben was more interested in the message. :D

fred41
12-27-2013, 09:26 PM
These two misspelled words bugged you, but the other eleven didn't? :yayo:

Hmmm..I got nine more if you count the doubles:
insults (twice)
surprised
opinions
something (twice)
cheek
swallow
etc.

also some wrong usages...

It all bothers me now....:)

BreeTexas
12-27-2013, 09:38 PM
Hmmm..I got nine more if you count the doubles:
insults (twice)
surprised
opinions
something (twice)
cheek
swallow
etc.

also some wrong usages...

It all bothers me now....:)

"Actually" is the only other misspelling you missed (I think). The others I saw (Whom instead of who, your instead of you're) are perhaps considered usage errors.

At any rate, the message is what is important, as iagodelgado pointed out. I thought the message was equally poor, but I don't want to get into a whole big thing.

fred41
12-27-2013, 09:48 PM
"Actually" is the only other misspelling you missed (I think). The others I saw (Whom instead of who, your instead of you're) are perhaps considered usage errors.

At any rate, the message is what is important, as iagodelgado pointed out. I thought the message was equally poor, but I don't want to get into a whole big thing.

It bugs me that I missed "actually"...:x

...and I suppose that it does "bump" the message for those that like it...
so no harm done.

trish
12-27-2013, 10:07 PM
Judging from the temper of the message, I'd say the writer is being insincere. They sound hurt and aggrieved. It sounds to me like the insults and opinions have not only hit their marks but made their marks as well. Maybe it's just me, but I never trust anyone who goes out of their way to say they don't give a damn.

fred41
12-27-2013, 11:11 PM
Judging from the temper of the message, I'd say the writer is being insincere. They sound hurt and aggrieved. It sounds to me like the insults and opinions have not only hit their marks but made their marks as well. Maybe it's just me, but I never trust anyone who goes out of their way to say they don't give a damn.

I don't give a damn what you say!!!!!

(hope you had a good Christmas Trish)

trish
12-27-2013, 11:19 PM
I don't give a damn what you say!!!!!

(hope you had a good Christmas Trish)

I don't give a rat's ass what you hope...but have a merry holiday season...I fucking mean it :)

Ananke
12-28-2013, 01:22 PM
This thread would be more fun if it was "cock up" or "cock down" ...or maybe not...that would be confusing?