PDA

View Full Version : Info on Camcorders... best buy for the money

TatianaSummer
11-20-2013, 09:50 PM
looking to buy an entry level full frame interchangeable lens camcorder
if any in here recommends one please reply.
I will appreciate it and maybe you get a free copy of my first dvd.
;-)

Ben in LA
11-20-2013, 10:18 PM
Personally I'd go,with an SLR. That way you can get great stills AND hi-def video. Even though I have an "entry-level" T2i, with the proper lens (and lighting and such) some really great video can be shot. Same goes with pictures; I like what it does with it's standard lens, but I know it could be better with an aftermarket (read: L-series) lens.

martin48
11-20-2013, 10:24 PM
Agreed. Really good performance on digital SLRs ("House" was entirely shot on Canon EOS 5D's). Cheaper than an DSLR is a bridge camera - can captue full HDTV and more modern ones offer x30 zoom. Sound - best with external mike. Camera spend - say a Panasonic Lumix FZ200 - 400$.

Bobzz
11-20-2013, 10:31 PM
Entry level is a relative term. The Sony NEX-V900 is a dedicated camcorder with a 24.3 MP full frame sensor and can utilize Sony and Minolta lenses as well as Nikon, Canon and others with the right adaptor. It shoots Hi-Def video at 24 fps, 1080i RAW and it'll run you about $3500. The Nikon D800 on the other hand, is a dSLR with fantastic video capabilities. The sensor is 36 MP, it can use all Nikon lenses made since 1950 something, as well as third party lenses fitted with the Nikon mount. It shoots Hi-Def at 1080p at 25 fps, 30 fps, 50 fps and 60 fps (the latter two are television and movie quality fps rates but at slightly lower 780p); You can pick-up a D800 for about $2300 and pick and choose your lenses. At the end of the day, you have a camera that records upto 30 minutes of video plus is a conventional dSLR. The Canon 5D mark III is, I believe, comparable in all material respects; some people prefer the Canon video - I'm a Nikon guy, so I can't say but you couldn't go wrong with either choice.

TatianaSummer
11-21-2013, 02:34 AM
Thanks for the advice and info to all you guys!! I have a Nikon already where I have been taking some videos but wants something more professional. I have a budget of 4,000 but I wouldn't like to spend more than that for it.
I will take a look at those models you all mention and see what fits better for what I want it for.

Thanks again!!!!