PDA

View Full Version : TDOR - Transgender Day of Remembrance

GroobySteven
11-20-2013, 01:33 PM
Nov 20th is TDOR - Transgender Day of Remembrance.

While we honor those who have died in acts of anti-transgender violence, we should also consider the massive steps that have been made, which although sometimes appear to be slow are working by educating people on transgenders and their normalization into our societies, as well as looking to the future to see what more can be done.

Although not a popular theory, I know that the TS adult industry and those who support it, have done much more than they will ever get credit for in both normalizing transgenders and giving them encouragement and an outlet to be who THEY want themselves to be.

http://www.glaad.org/tdor?gclid=CMC7uqed87oCFYsBwwodzU8AMQ
http://www.transgenderdor.org/

BellaBellucci
11-20-2013, 01:52 PM
I still think the niche could be more sex positive and cut down on the terms 'tranny' and 'shemale,' but I also appreciate this sentiment. 'Gay/trans panic' is still a 'thing' in a lot of places. The adult industry oftentimes allows us to be seen as legitimate sexual partners, but like most anything else, it can be a double-edged sword, so we have to be careful with it.

SCHWING!

~BB~

SpoogeMonkey
11-20-2013, 07:53 PM
damn.. i thought this was a thread about thor

SpoogeMonkey
11-20-2013, 08:02 PM
and now a sensible post

i follow a lot of media channels and whilst keeping my love of transgenderism largely to myself there has been a load of stories in the past 2 years UK wise that have hit the main news threads. At the top end of society, those people who watch tv, read, watch the news etc then I think acceptance into culture has happened and whilst not 100% accepted throughout, at least people have easy access to information. Stories of beautiful transgender children helps...

Through the bottom end of society, those who arent mainstream theres a split. Old fashioned type persons will still run a mile and wave their cross, whilst the opposites will fetishise.

All said I really do feel that the majority of people will form a third gender acceptance. Men, women and transgendered. Mostly down to the lack of medical science allowing transgendered women to bear children. Most men need that information about a transgendered person upfront. I know that might upset, but having recently dated a lovely mtf transgendered person (im fucking shit at relationships) that was her main worry if she dated people not like me (I knew before and actively sought that). In fact it was why she agreed to a date. Just sad that I really am a totally twat when it comes to women...

moonunit7
11-20-2013, 10:15 PM
I think this is great!

Here's to all the brave and true to their heart transgender people who have passed (and even those here today), for helping humanity get a few steps closer to being humane.

My funny little honey is helping out with the Rememberance Day activities today. She has the biggest, kindest heart I've ever known and has done a lot to help with trans and human rights issues.

NightmareX0666
11-21-2013, 01:46 AM
Nov 20th is TDOR - Transgender Day of Remembrance.

While we honor those who have died in acts of anti-transgender violence, we should also consider the massive steps that have been made, which although sometimes appear to be slow are working by educating people on transgenders and their normalization into our societies, as well as looking to the future to see what more can be done.

Although not a popular theory, I know that the TS adult industry and those who support it, have done much more than they will ever get credit for in both normalizing transgenders and giving them encouragement and an outlet to be who THEY want themselves to be.

http://www.glaad.org/tdor?gclid=CMC7uqed87oCFYsBwwodzU8AMQ
http://www.transgenderdor.org/

I would also add having websites like this one where a person can speak to people of the TS adult industry, allows a person more insight in the lives of these people who are transforming. Many times we just want the sexual portions and forget the adult industry is ran, acted, shot, and whatever else by people. People who may have a label such as TS or CD, but are no less human than myself or anyone else. I remember the first time I came here, one of the threads I ran across was an obituary for a former star and outside of the rumor of how she passed, it was nice to see people pay tribute to this person who otherwise would have been forgotten. I have read threads from people going through the transformation ask questions and these wonderful ladies here would offer advice. I have come to realize how much of a tight knit community the transgender world really is and hopefully stays like in the future.

And with that, from a person still learning about the TS lifestyle and the TS adult industry, I give you all my respect and admiration, alive or dead, young or old. Keep fighting for equality and for those future fighters never forget the fallen who helped you gain acceptance in either your personal, social, or work life.

Jackal
11-21-2013, 02:46 AM
Never forget those we've lost and be kind to those you meet.