PDA

View Full Version : Criminal Nuisance?

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
06-07-2006, 11:21 PM
Three Arrested for Prostitution

Fifth Precinct Crime Section officers arrested three women on prostitution-related charges, after an investigation into illegal massage therapy in Brookhaven establishment, March 10 at 6 p.m. Suffolk police say, utilizing surveillance and undercover police officers posing as customers, the investigation culminated in the execution of a search warrant at the Sunrise Highway non-descriptive storefront with no name. The store advertised in the “licensed massage” section of a Long Island newspaper, cops say. During the raid police confiscated $2,701 cash, condoms and other paraphernalia used in the massage/prostitution trade. The also arrested Liping Wang, 36, of Flushing was charged with unauthorized practice and prostitution, Rong Wang, 34, address unknown, charged with unauthorized practice and prostitution and Yong Liu, 47, of Flushing, charged with criminal nuisance

What the hell is criminal nuisance?

BeardedOne
06-08-2006, 12:03 AM
What the hell is criminal nuisance?

I've never heard of it quite that way, but I imagine it's similar to what we are using locally to squelch a slum property in our area. After a certain number of police reports are filed that reflect calls to a single address within a certain period of time, the property is then listed as a "Nuisance property" and the complaints, fines, etc. are then directed to the owner/landlord of the property rather than the tenants (Under the assumption that when the fines outweigh the profit, the owner will either upgrade the property and/or evict the problem tenants).

I'm guessing the individual was the landlord or lessor of the storefront and they are charging him as the one responsible for allowing the stuff to go on in the storefront even though he may have no direct involvement in the operation itself.

As for 'Rong Wang'...

I'm just not going there. :lol: