PDA

View Full Version : The Agony Of Defeat: A Pointless Rant.

Quinn
06-05-2006, 03:33 AM
FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm here in PA getting some of my properties (a house and an apartment building) ready for sale. As part of that effort, I repainted the lower back porch on my house. I thought it wasn't supposed to rain.

Well, guess what? It fucking rained about thirty minutes after I finished some three hours of work. Guess what I have to do -- again -- tomorrow before going back to NYC?

Once again, FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-Quinn

BeardedOne
06-05-2006, 04:09 AM
I spent two and a half hours in traffic on Thursday and then another three hours standing in a line to buy a gawddamned stamp. What did I get? A headache and sore feet. :P

How pissed am I? Well, the stamp that sold for $25US at noon was up to $135 by 4:00 PM, $195 by 8:00 PM, and at last ping(10:00 PM Sunday), $295US.

I wholeheartedly agree.

Quinn
06-05-2006, 04:30 AM
I spent two and a half hours in traffic on Thursday and then another three hours standing in a line to buy a gawddamned stamp. What did I get? A headache and sore feet. :P

How pissed am I? Well, the stamp that sold for $25US at noon was up to $135 by 4:00 PM, $195 by 8:00 PM, and at last ping(10:00 PM Sunday), $295US.

I wholeheartedly agree.

Fuck, indeed. That does sound like a really bad day. Some endeavours just seem cursed from the start.

-Quinn

NickTheQuick
06-05-2006, 04:45 AM
LOL. At least it wasn't a squirrel again, eh?

Quinn
06-05-2006, 04:54 AM
LOL. At least it wasn't a squirrel again, eh?

LMAO... I thought about including a reference to that, but I didn't think anyone would remember. The funniest part of all: it's the same damn deck.

By the way, that squirrel is "no longer with us."

-Quinn

BeardedOne
06-05-2006, 10:08 AM
Fuck, indeed. That does sound like a really bad day. Some endeavours just seem cursed from the start.

It was just like watching one of those golden IPOs like Google slip through your fingers on the trading floor (In fact, that's the analogy that best describes how the dealers were working the convention hall all afternoon).

Feh. :evil:

I forget the squirrel story, was I around for that? :) My all-time favorite was the one about the 'mutant ninja nazi squirrel' that attacked the guy on his motorcycle. I highly recommend the read but make sure you aren't eatting or drinking anything when you do.

And you might want to sit on a plastic sheet. :lol: Here's the link:

http://www.vtwinmama.com/demonic_squirrel_riding_story.htm

Quinn
06-05-2006, 04:06 PM
I forget the squirrel story, was I around for that?

Here's the "squirrel incident":

Now I'm going to go sit in the park for awhile and yell at squirrels.

Not to distract from the topic at hand, but that one killed me. I am currently working out of my vacation property in PA. When not on my laptop, which is where I work from, I have been attempting to paint my back deck. For three days I have painted my deck only to have the same fucking squirrel go running back and forth across it as soon as I finish.

I don't get it!! What could possibly be so interesting to him that he has to keep fucking with my paint job??? I've never seen this behavior before and am, frankly, at a loss as to how to fix his fur covered ass. I am sick of it here already and want to return to NYC, but I can not thanks to my obviously superior adversary. You may be thinking that I should just deal with the squirrel prints all over my deck, but I just can't seem to do it. FUUUCCCKKK!!!!

-Quinn

As I've previously stated, that adversary is "no longer with us." At this time I would like to thank Heckler and Koch for making my eventual victory possible (no, I'm not kidding). Yes, a neighbor did freak out over this, but, thankfully, she kept quiet about the whole thing.

As an aside, my unbroken streak of bad luck here continues unabated. Looking at the damage to my paint job from last night's rain, I now realize that I'm going to be stuck here for at least another day or two when all I want to do is go back to NYC and catch up on my other work. Grrrrrrrrrr.

-Quinn

BeardedOne
06-05-2006, 05:54 PM
At this time I would like to thank Heckler and Koch for making my eventual victory possible (no, I'm not kidding).

:lol:

That's pretty much why we have little to fear around my neighborhood. It's the place most likely to find somone laying in the middle of the street with a slug in their head and when the cops ask what happened the locals spit a chaw and say "Awr...I reckon he fell offen the curb". :wink:

The day the hawk came and grabbed one of the chickens from next door I went over and warned the Mexicans that they might want to corral the rest of their birds. Safety warning: Telling the Mexican neighbors that there's a hawk after their chickens is akin to yelling "Fire" in a crowded theatre. :shock: The entire extended family, all the way down to babes in arms, burst out of the house and the two teens came out with rifles.

I ran home and hid under the bed. :) Haven't seen the hawk since.

BeardedOne
06-05-2006, 09:34 PM
Hey Quinn, I found your squirrel:

http://www.maxxx-videos.de/videos_d_970_0.html

There's some annoying popups, but once you get past them, the viddie is worth it. :lol:

specialk
06-06-2006, 12:06 AM
Hey Quinn, I'll share my weekend paint fiasco with you maybe you won't feel like it's "only you"..LOL I assure you mine isn't near as bad as yours.

My house has popcorn ceilings, all were applied improperly. The recipe should include 1 gallon of paint mixed to 5 gallons of Pcorn before spraying. It helps insure better adhesion. I knew going into this job (painting all the ceilings) it could go south real easily. The only way to roll paint on a incorrect application, is to roll 1 pass, then move over etc. When dry, you can touch up or recoat with back and forth strokes.

Now, I already did 1 bedroom and the technique worked fine. Then Sat. the bathroom was next. This room scared me as the flaws in the original p-corn job were obvious. So, I had problems with some areas lifting, but I figured some brush touch ups would hide it well enough. After drying overnight however, many other areas "cracked" and look like they want to fall off, so now I might had to strip the p-corn off and just paint the fucking ceiling over. I never liked to p-corn look to begin with, but removing the shit from the whole house is a mess I don't want to think about.

My squirrel problem at the bird feeders isn't fit to post here, let's just say I'm winning!!...........Good luck with your paint job.

Quinn
06-06-2006, 01:02 AM
B1, nice clip. That's definitely what it felt like I was dealing with, at least originally.

Specialk, painting popcorn celings is a pain in the ass under most any circumstance. I had to do it only a month or so ago for an apartment that I was renovating. As in your case, the application in question was done incorretly, leaving extremely pronounced points unevenly distributed across the entire ceiling, making painting very difficult. It took forever.

-Quinn

marissaazts
06-06-2006, 01:36 AM
H&K p7m8 for da win :roll: i wasnt always a gal :lol:

Quinn
06-06-2006, 03:24 AM
H&K p7m8 for da win :roll: i wasnt always a gal :lol:

LOL. Remind me never to give you a hard time. Seriously though, H&K is the way to go. I know most "experts" swear by Sig Sauer (P226,etc.), but I'll take an H&K any day.

-Quinn