#Cap #Falcon #WinterSoldier

http://bit.ly/1igcKc4

dderek123
10-24-2013, 07:40 PM
Looks awesome.

http://img.pandawhale.com/post-23470-Jeremiah-Johnson-nod-cropped-g-jtcK.gif

RallyCola
10-24-2013, 09:31 PM
after the debacle that was iron man 3 (aka the avengers) and iron man 4 where they cheesed out on the mandarin and extremis....i am done with marvel for good.

in fact, after the debacle that was the amazing spiderman, the dark night rises and man of steel...i think i am done with the entire superhero genre of movies.

bluesoul
10-24-2013, 09:41 PM
i think i am done with the entire superhero genre of movies.

i was always surprised this was even a popular thing for anyone over 19 yrs old

RallyCola
10-24-2013, 09:49 PM

well, we had a good run of super hero movies to garner my attention...the first 2 rami spiderman movies and the first 2 nolan batman flicks to name 4.

marvel though,i feel too saturated but its universe now and have lost respect for the brand and feel that my $27 is better well spent on other things.

CA: the first avenger was terrible in countless ways. Cap did redeem himself a bit and was one of the 2 bright spots in Iron Man 3 (the other being the hulk during the final battle) but neither of these saved the movie for me. the character or chris evans portrayal of cap doesn't bother me...i just don't care about anyone of the marvel superheros at this point.

This trailer does make TWS look to be a far better story than TFA but i'm not yet inspired to see it. I already know i am passing on the new thor movie and probably will on this one too.

EvaCassini
10-24-2013, 09:51 PM
You know why the Mandarin wasn't the Mandarin right?

Because China. Just think about it logically...

Also the Spiderman movies fucking suck because the people at Sony are douchebags.

How many origin stories does Ironman have in major film...A Big Fat 1. How many does spiderman, superman, batman, hulk, and others...MANY....

I'd say they did a fine fucking job of Ironman, even though some legal reasons we couldn't get "THE" Mandarin. The way they pulled it off was clever though, you have to admit.

RallyCola
10-24-2013, 10:00 PM

Also the Spiderman movies fucking suck because the people at Sony are douchebags.

How many origin stories does Ironman have in major film...A Big Fat 1. How many does spiderman, superman, batman, hulk, and others...MANY....

I'd say they did a fine fucking job of Ironman, even though some legal reasons we couldn't get "THE" Mandarin. The way they pulled it off was clever though, you have to admit.

i do appreciate iron man 1...i think it was a great origin story and still stands out as one of the better avenger era movies. iron man 2, 3 and 4 leave far too much to be desired.

that said...clearly this usurps the entire movie, but given that they could not pay homage to the mandarin correctly, i would have opted for another villain.

my issues with iron man 4 extend passed the mandarin and extremis but also to the weak and faggy Tony Stark they portray with PTSD.

that said, notwithstanding all of the errors in all 4 iron man movies...they do not compare to the utter rancid clusterfuck that was CA: TFA. It was too long, too contrite, poorly shot, poorly conceived, and Red Skull was some of the worst acting/character development/make up/etc for any big budget movie. I've never ever EVER fallen asleep during a movie in a theater, and I as well as 4 of my friends did just that in the middle of TFA. So....like i said, this trailer makes TWS look far better than the original, but i'm scarred from previous lack luster marvel efforts that i am just too hesitant to plunk down cash for another movie.

bluesoul
10-24-2013, 10:04 PM
well, we had a good run of super hero movies to garner my attention...the first 2 rami spiderman movies and the first 2 nolan batman flicks to name 4.

i never got into those either. for me, anything superhero died in the when there was a spiderman tv show (on tv) plus the cartoon the amazing spiderman, the hulk show and christopher reeves superman. i even enjoyed the spiderwoman cartoon. all these seemed more like fun stuff.

the newer stuff is like they're taking it way too seriously- and to me, i only see a man in a suit. i couldn't even bring myself to watch ironman because- it's robert downey jr in a suit not being his alcoholic self

RallyCola
10-24-2013, 10:14 PM
... i couldn't even bring myself to watch ironman because- it's robert downey jr in a suit not being his alcoholic self

i guess we will just have to disagree but i can't think of a more perfect actor for that role. in fact, if you will permit me to say that the first of the modern superhero movies...that is where we started a trend of constant releases with attention paid to modern story telling techniques, is X-Men, circa 2000....there has been no finer choice of an actor to assume a role of a superhero than RDJ as Iron Man.

Go through the list, and there are good choices abound....and there are actors that did great jobs even when not expected...but the role of a carefree playboy that is an arrogant asshole...that is RDJ to a T.

Gillian
10-24-2013, 10:36 PM
As long as Hayley Atwell's ample norks feature in the next Captain America film, I'll be happy ... :D

EvaCassini
10-24-2013, 10:42 PM
Boobs...a nerd's breast friend. :p

No offense, I'm a nerd too ;)

bluesoul
10-24-2013, 10:52 PM
i guess we will just have to disagree but i can't think of a more perfect actor for that role. in fact, if you will permit me to say that the first of the modern superhero movies...that is where we started a trend of constant releases with attention paid to modern story telling techniques, is X-Men, circa 2000....there has been no finer choice of an actor to assume a role of a superhero than RDJ as Iron Man.

Go through the list, and there are good choices abound....and there are actors that did great jobs even when not expected...but the role of a carefree playboy that is an arrogant asshole...that is RDJ to a T.

interesting. i always thought the perfect role for him was in zodiac- where he basically plays this talented genius type (writer) who soon becomes an alcoholic asshole

before that i remember seeing him in chaplin but not liking him much in that (he was okay, but the film was boring). then he seemed to be more famous for being himself rather than any actual role until what we're currently both speaking about :)

dderek123
10-24-2013, 11:54 PM

I felt that way about Harry Potter. I think I enjoy those films so much because I was a comic book nerd in elementary school. There are still so many heroes that haven't been done right.

They haven't been perfect though. But that little nerd in me is lovin it.

RallyCola
10-25-2013, 12:17 AM
As long as Hayley Atwell's ample norks feature in the next Captain America film, I'll be happy ... :D

unless the movie is going to use constant flashbacks...she is supposed to be in it for only 1 scene no? i found her character to be annoying as shit in TFA so i really don't care if she is a major plotline in the next install.

bluesoul
10-25-2013, 03:52 AM
I felt that way about Harry Potter. I think I enjoy those films so much because I was a comic book nerd in elementary school. There are still so many heroes that haven't been done right.

They haven't been perfect though. But that little nerd in me is lovin it.

i can understand this. for some reason though it never translated for me into adulthood.

i always thought the cartoons for spiderman, silversurfer, the hulk were more accurate because that's how i saw them in the comics. as soon as you introduced an actor- like the first spiderman made for tv film from the 70s i was aghast. i was like "there is no way this guy can expect me to take this seriously"

even worse is when they do it now. if they did it in cartoon form, i'd totally be into it- because the nerd in me still relates to all superheros in cartoon form.

whenever i hear or see something about a spiderman film, i always think of it as a parody of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJV4KqK0LpY

birdmountain
10-25-2013, 03:56 AM
Yeah, I can't wait. Looks amazing! ;)

danoblue
10-25-2013, 06:26 AM
I loved Iron Man 3.

Avengers was great too as well as Captain America.

Raimi Spider Man 1 and 2 were excellent and so was the reboot although I still feel that Kirsten Dunst should have been Gwen Stacy and Emma Stone Mary Jane.

Not a fan of Thor. Too much Asgard, not enough fish out of water on Earth. Especially liked Kat Dennings in the movie, should have had more of her, she was hilarious.

All 3 Nolan Batman's were excellent and Dark Knight might be the best Super Hero movie of all time. Heath Ledger was really beyond expectations. First 2 Burtons were also excellent and Michelle Pfieffer did for Catwoman what Heath did for the Joker. Michelle really delivered. And Michael Keaton was very good given the negative response in the beginning. Ben Affleck, who know maybe he'll up his game like Keaton did.

Man Of Steel was very good but the fight scenes at the end went on too long. Zack Snyder not a big fan of, but Man Of Steel is his best effort so far.

It's funny how huge Iron Man has become because in the marvel world, he was a B character.

Most of the X Men movies I also enjoyed.

Am I the only one on this planet who really dug Green Lantern? Big fan of this film.

I've always loved Wonder Woman TV show too. Would be hot to see Eva dressed up as Wonder Woman. Emily DeChannel dressed up as WW on Bones and it was friggin hot! Debra Winger was also on the show as Wonder Girl, loved her.

benbutton1
10-26-2013, 04:43 AM

meh the problem with IM3 is they ruined the Iron Man: Extremis story by Warren Ennis. But, whatever, it was never going to be the same.

Anyone here read Captain America: Winter Soldier? :geek: For those of you who don't know it's an iconic, Eisner winning story arc. It's a great meld of the espionage and superhero genres. If Marvel can do that story justice this will be their best film yet.