PDA

View Full Version : Trailer for "Carrie" remake, opens Oct. 18.

Vladimir Putin
09-27-2013, 01:08 AM
Looks promising. The girl who played Hit Girl in the "Kick-Ass" movies plays the title character. Julianne Moore plays her fundie mother.

Carrie - Official Trailer #2 - In Theaters 10/18 - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxwPUSWRaJo)

RallyCola
09-27-2013, 11:19 AM
clearly it will exceed the original in terms of modern story telling techniques and special effects but if it brings nothing new to the story except blood and gore, it will fall into the category of unnecessary remakes.

the lead actress, chloe, is really cute. i didn't see kick-ass 2 because i hated kick-ass but she plays a werewolf in that craptastic Johnny Depp movie, dark shadows.

Prospero
09-27-2013, 11:37 AM
Pointless. I guess young people can't bear to see films that were made before 2000

ImpulZ
09-27-2013, 11:39 AM
fuck all these remakes and come up with some news :(

RallyCola
09-27-2013, 11:56 AM
it will come to pass that everything gets remade. there has not been an original thought in hollywood in decades.

Prospero
09-27-2013, 12:02 PM
It represents the triumph of accountants over creatives

RadiusDark
09-27-2013, 04:38 PM
I'm definitely going to check it out. Maybe a Blu-ray viewing if there's something better going on in the theater though.

Kevin Dong
09-27-2013, 04:49 PM
This year has been awesome for horror fans. I loved the Conjuring, WWZ, Evil Dead. Looking forward to this one and Jeepers Creepers 3 to polish off a great year.

bluesoul
09-27-2013, 05:14 PM
it will come to pass that everything gets remade. there has not been an original thought in hollywood in decades.

actually, i think this line of logic is the tragic part. if remakes weren't successful in the box office, studios would actually be forced to consider making "original" films.

you know there are tons and tons of original scripts just sitting in studio vaults that can't be made because they're considered too risky. if everyone watches remakes- why make anything else?

and about carrie remake. it will be a stupid "quick to dvd" cash-in. perhaps even worse than evil dead remake

Jackal
09-27-2013, 07:19 PM
actually, i think this line of logic is the tragic part. if remakes weren't successful in the box office, studios would actually be forced to consider making "original" films.

you know there are tons and tons of original scripts just sitting in studio vaults that can't be made because they're considered too risky. if everyone watches remakes- why make anything else?

and about carrie remake. it will be a stupid "quick to dvd" cash-in. perhaps even worse than evil dead remake

It makes you wonder why can't they get highly anticipated projects off the ground or buy a script from the Blacklist.

As for this, I didn't like Kickass and was even less impressed by the actress. I'll skip her in an unnecessary remake.

GroobySteven
09-27-2013, 07:40 PM
Despite my initial reaction I thought this looked pretty good. If they've remade it from the actual book instead of the film, I'm all for it.

zerrrr
09-27-2013, 07:54 PM
This is one remake I am excited about. There is so much potential here to jump away from the book for a bit and bring in real life issues.

Bullying by teens in school and on social media is a huge issue and would play well into the story if they take it in that direction.

They could go very dark here and pull off something amazing with small revisions to the original story.

RallyCola
09-27-2013, 07:55 PM
Despite my initial reaction I thought this looked pretty good. If they've remade it from the actual book instead of the film, I'm all for it.

initial reports are that it is more faithful to the book but who knows if that is just marketing.

it has been so many years since i read that book...i don't remember it being particularly special or upset by the any changes in the sissy spacek version though.

RallyCola
09-27-2013, 08:04 PM
This year has been awesome for horror fans. I loved the Conjuring, WWZ, Evil Dead. Looking forward to this one and Jeepers Creepers 3 to polish off a great year.

i could not disagree anymore.

the conjuring was good.

wwz was one of the worst let downs from book to screen ever. i can't believe how much was changed for the worse to make what is an interesting book into a bore of a movie. i can't recall another book to screen movie in the past, say 5, years that annoyed me as much as this. plus, i don't think this is a horror movie.

Evil dead, like this Carrie remake, took an old film and updated it with modern storytelling and visual techniques, but evil dead the remake lacked all of that made the first a great movie.

Jeepers Creepers 2 was not good. i will reserve judgement on #3 (which i didn't even know was coming out).

i notice you left insidious 2 off the list. didn't see it but i heard it was terrible.

robertlouis
09-28-2013, 03:17 AM
Once again Hollywood fucks up a classic. Oh well.....

bluesoul
09-28-2013, 03:25 AM
Once again Hollywood fucks up a classic. Oh well.....

"no. this time we will make it good. we promise. just go see it and reserve judgement until then. we wouldn't lie to you would we?" - hollywood

EyeCumInPiece
09-28-2013, 03:36 AM
Looks good, great cast, unlike most remakes. One thing i fear is that they showed the whole movie in the trailer.

robertlouis
09-28-2013, 03:54 AM
Looks good, great cast, unlike most remakes. One thing i fear is that they showed the whole movie in the trailer.

The key word in there is "remake". Once again Hollywood goes grave-robbing in its own cemetery.

What's the point in wasting $$$M's on remaking a movie that everyone agrees was as good as it could have been first time around?

Hollywood is scared of originality these days.

Ben
09-28-2013, 04:22 AM
Looks promising. The girl who played Hit Girl in the "Kick-Ass" movies plays the title character. Julianne Moore plays her fundie mother.

Carrie - Official Trailer #2 - In Theaters 10/18 - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxwPUSWRaJo)

Remakes, for the most part, are pretty bad.... I mean, the originals are enough.
Fans of the horror genre should always check out the originals... whether it's Carrie or Texas Chainsaw Massacre or Halloween etc., etc.
But I did like the remake of Assault on Precinct 13. Found it well-made, entertaining.

Vladimir Putin
10-08-2013, 10:50 PM
This actually took place in a New York coffee shop in the West Village. Was just uploaded yesterday (Monday, Oct. 7, 2013).

Telekinetic Coffee Shop Surprise - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlOxlSOr3_M)

GroobySteven
10-08-2013, 11:13 PM
That is fucking awesome!

Kevin Dong
10-09-2013, 12:18 AM
i could not disagree anymore.

the conjuring was good.

wwz was one of the worst let downs from book to screen ever. i can't believe how much was changed for the worse to make what is an interesting book into a bore of a movie. i can't recall another book to screen movie in the past, say 5, years that annoyed me as much as this. plus, i don't think this is a horror movie.

Evil dead, like this Carrie remake, took an old film and updated it with modern storytelling and visual techniques, but evil dead the remake lacked all of that made the first a great movie.

Jeepers Creepers 2 was not good. i will reserve judgement on #3 (which i didn't even know was coming out).

i notice you left insidious 2 off the list. didn't see it but i heard it was terrible.

yes Insidious 2 was balls I didn't watch it past the opening scene. As for the others - I enjoyed them but I'm a die hard horror fan. Different strokes!

Vladimir Putin
10-18-2013, 04:24 AM
Reviews are in.

New York Times: http://www.nytimes.com/2013/10/18/movies/carrie-returns-with-julianne-moore-and-chloe-grace-moretz.html

Los Angeles Times: http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/movies/moviesnow/la-et-mn-carrie-review-20131018,0,1565963.story

Blu-ray.com: http://www.blu-ray.com/Carrie/144189/?show=preview

Stavros
10-18-2013, 12:39 PM
This actually took place in a New York coffee shop in the West Village. Was just uploaded yesterday (Monday, Oct. 7, 2013).

Telekinetic Coffee Shop Surprise - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlOxlSOr3_M)

1) Had they done this in Miami or Dallas would a customer have just pulled a gun out and shot the actress?

2) Brian de Palma's original film was dire, like most of his films, I can't speak for the original story.

3) The idea of sound having telekinetic effects is not new -not sure who used it first but the artist figure in Gunter Grass's novel The Tin Drum (1959, a poor film of it was made in German in 1979) uses his drum and his voice to shattering effect; and there was also a film by the under-rated Jerzy Skolimowski called The Shout (197-eight -why does a smiley face always replace the digit eight?)

4) best telekinesis in film is (in my opinion) in Tarkovsky's film Stalker where it acts as a religious (?) alternative to the meteoric power contained in 'the room' and is not an alternative to gun violence which is what it is in Carrie.

christianxxx
10-18-2013, 05:24 PM
i saw Carrie last night and although Chloe Moretz was fantastic in it, it was not a great movie and certainly not better than the original.

the best review of this movie in my opinion is this one by Rene Rodriguez for the Miami Herald - HERE (http://www.miami.com/039carrie039-r-article)

the last line is the best lol