PDA

View Full Version : HRT Questions

Lady_Serana
09-25-2013, 02:19 PM
Okay I'm starting HRT shortly and have talked to my doctor about it and the effects it will have on me, but honestly I would like to find out what others have experienced personally while starting the process and going through it over time. For example how it effected you emotionally and physically over time, how soon was it before others and yourself started noticing the changes to your body? I am also wondering if anyone has special recommendation about diet, I'm a very slender person always have been with low body fat level, so wondering if there's anything that could be recommended to help give my body a little more fat to work with?

SammiValentine
09-25-2013, 03:11 PM
Everybody is different. Seek medical help via professional re hormones. More fat? Change diet.. eat healthier, more good fats, all the vital amino acids etc you get and need, plenty of protein to. All physical changes are slow and gradual.

I find it hard to put weight/keep weight on but found that by eating less, just the right things, in say small amounts of 5 times a day, instead of 3 big meals a day.... put weight on. Plus swallow loads of spunk, of course.

Go experiment, this is planet earth and your in gods kitchen :D

cassieukts
09-25-2013, 05:18 PM
Everybody is different. Seek medical help via professional re hormones. More fat? Change diet.. eat healthier, more good fats, all the vital amino acids etc you get and need, plenty of protein to. All physical changes are slow and gradual.

I find it hard to put weight/keep weight on but found that by eating less, just the right things, in say small amounts of 5 times a day, instead of 3 big meals a day.... put weight on. Plus swallow loads of spunk, of course.

Go experiment, this is planet earth and your in gods kitchen :D
Only 15 calories per ejaculate on average, best get the guys to form a queue for weight gain :-)

SammiValentine
09-25-2013, 05:38 PM
I meant horse spunk obviously... :-D

cassieukts
09-25-2013, 05:42 PM
I meant horse spunk obviously... :-D
Is that why Red Rum always looked happy?

SammiValentine
09-25-2013, 05:44 PM
yea the jockeys a bit of a knob though...:D

cassieukts
09-25-2013, 05:46 PM
yea the jockeys a bit of a knob though...:D
so does that make him a knob jockey? ;-)

SammiValentine
09-25-2013, 05:47 PM
You got it. :D

cassieukts
09-25-2013, 05:48 PM
Sadly I don't get it often enough lol

SammiValentine
09-25-2013, 05:53 PM
Sadly I don't get it often enough lol

hahahahah oh you will feel propper bummed many tines with moyes as manager.... dont worry. x

gaping assholes aots @ oldtrafford...:D

cassieukts
09-25-2013, 05:55 PM
hahahahah oh you will feel propper bummed many tines with moyes as manager.... dont worry. x

gaping assholes aots @ oldtrafford...:D
lol i get the feeling that might be the case, sililar to when you had woy as manager. now where did i put that lube?

SammiValentine
09-25-2013, 06:02 PM
lol i get the feeling that might be the case, sililar to when you had woy as manager. now where did i put that lube?

hodgson for england!

cassieukts
09-25-2013, 06:03 PM
hodgson for england!
he fits in well there, plenty of arseholes at the FA

tsmirandameadows
09-25-2013, 06:30 PM
What delivery method are the hormones (oral, injectable, implants)? The most common method is oral, because for some reason the medical community views it as safe and conservative, but it is generally the least effective and fraught with the most risks. If you are taking orals your doctor can better cover the risks, sideeffects and contraindications, but here are so dos and don'ts:

DON'T smoke. Period. You are at major risk of blood clots, and smoking tobacco elevates that risk substantially. Hormones and smoking are a great way to drop dead from a blood clot.

DON'T drink heavily. Your liver is going to be metabolizing the majority of the estrogen you consume, so it will be under tremendous strain. While the risk isn't nearly as great as with smoking, drinking can do further damage to your liver.

DO get SRS or an orchiectomy as quickly as possible. Because so much of the hormones in orals are metabolized rather than released into the bloodstream, and because your testosterone production has to be gradually shut down, you have to go on very high doses, doses associated with cancer, in order to achieve any results. The only way with orals to both get results and be on a safe dose is to remove the testosterone factory between your legs.

DO drink plenty of water, particularly if you are athletic, because spironolactone acts as a potassium diuretic, so you will be peeing all the time and can easily get dehydrated.

What should you expect? In about 6 weeks your skin should alter its appearance slightly, as skin cells replenish themselves very quickly. In about 3 months, you'll start to notice when your nipples brush against something, which is your first sign of breast development. Over about a year, your soft tissue should gradually start changing in subtle but noticeable ways. Note, however that it will take 3-4 years for your old male muscle mass to completely go away. You will experience some thinning of your body hair as DHT levels drop, but it will never go away completely.

The results are going to be very subtle, and depending on how old you are, very slow. My own experience with going on orals at age 21 was not good. I got very very very limited results on them. However, my experience with implanted pellets has been phenomenal. Aside from just much more rapid and noticeable physical changes on the pellets (Boobs are the best ever!!!) I've also tracked some pretty sharp personality changes. I am much much more feminine in my demeanor and interests: I like shopping, putting together outfits, getting my nails done, and really want to get make up artist good at makeup. I "feel" female at this point; any confusion about my gender is long gone. Likewise my sexuality has changed. I no longer have any sexual interest in genetic women, and what sexual interest I have in trans women is largely a function of the sense of kinship and shared experience I have with them, rather than an innate sexual attraction to the female form. I still find female beauty very, well, beautiful, but my sexual interest is now entirely directed towards male beauty. Furthermore, I'm finding myself much more sexually uninhibited. This is probably a result of experiencing MUCH more male sexual interest in me these days and not yet having developed the attendant female social skill of handling male sexual interest in such a way that you aren't just getting fucked by strangers every time you step out of the house. However, for now, as I develop that skill, I've discovered that I'm without a doubt a total slut, and really have a hard time saying no when an even marginally attractive man expresses his sexual interest in me.

Lady_Serana
09-25-2013, 09:20 PM
Thank you for the replies so far. I'll be going on oral's at the start, though my doctor has said, we might change it at a later date if we feel it is warranted. As I said I realize that it's different for each person but as my doctor hasn't gone through this personally and she can only tell me the medical side of things really. So I've been trying to soak up as much info as possible and figured getting accounts from people who are on HRT will help also.

girl
09-26-2013, 12:21 AM
from what I know implantable hormones are still pretty much experimental .. I choose not to be a test bunny, so I take oral hormones.. If you take estradiol sublingually you avoid damaging liver, and concentration of estradiol that comes in your blood system is way higher than if you just swallow it. As for the anti-androgen, I take combination of spironolactone with finasteride. Neither is strong enough on its own - in safe doses (you really do NOT want to overdose with any of these).. together they make a killer combination, and with correct dossage pretty much erase DHT and testosterone from your body. its a chemical castration after a while, so you dont need orchiectomy anytime soon, and you can save your money and scrotal tissue for SRS. Together spironolactone and finasteride works as well as cyproterone acetate - Androcur, without its dangerous side effects.. simply put, you will have to find what works for you.. it can take some time, maybe years, to do so. good luck

tsmirandameadows
09-26-2013, 02:42 AM
from what I know implantable hormones are still pretty much experimental .. I choose not to be a test bunny, so I take oral hormones..

Please don't take this the wrong way, but you'd rather go a route with proven severe risks with multiple contraindications, rather than another method which, while less established and well studied, theoretically at least does not pose nearly as much danger? As an analogy, I can choose to jump out of an airplane without a parachute, or I can jump with a parachute that hasn't been safety inspected. Now granted oral HRT isn't jumping out of an airplane without a parachute, but I know when I first started it nearly 7 years ago, my doctor made it abundantly clear that I was shaving a decade off my life span from the increased cancer risks alone, and that he would immediately discontinue HRT if I started smoking.

robertlouis
09-26-2013, 02:53 AM
Is that why Red Rum always looked happy?

Red Rum was a gelding, poor old love. Arguably the best National horse of them all but incapable of siring any progeny.

Check out Desert Orchid, ladies. He's hung like a, well, you know the rest.

girl
09-26-2013, 02:52 PM
Please don't take this the wrong way, but you'd rather go a route with proven severe risks with multiple contraindications, rather than another method which, while less established and well studied, theoretically at least does not pose nearly as much danger? As an analogy, I can choose to jump out of an airplane without a parachute, or I can jump with a parachute that hasn't been safety inspected. Now granted oral HRT isn't jumping out of an airplane without a parachute, but I know when I first started it nearly 7 years ago, my doctor made it abundantly clear that I was shaving a decade off my life span from the increased cancer risks alone, and that he would immediately discontinue HRT if I started smoking.

I see what you mean... there is a reason why oral hormones arent recommended for people over 40, let alone 60.. but if you are in your 20s, in good shape and overall healthy, and you regulary check your blood and everything else, I dont see the problem with oral hormones. I guess it comes down to results, how your body works, and finding what works best for you. Some people get amazing results from oral hormones, some other dont, and they have better reaction, when using patches or injections, or maybe pellets.. smoking is a bad thing for you anyway, its a dangerous and addictive drug which kills millions and millions of people, (and somehow it is legal), and healthy lifestyle will benefit you no matter who you are. I dont consider taking oral hormones any kind of risk.. I did my education on subject, 2 years of research before I took first pill.. I guess I know a BIT more on hormones for trans women than majority of endocrinologists. I certanly do not intend to stay on oral hormones for more than 10 years, probably less, because I plan on having SRS in 3-4 years, and using patches after it.
as far as cancer risk goes... I really dont think that cancer will be a problem for our generation. its not really a problem today, with the right medication and knowledge, let alone 40-50 years from now.