PDA

View Full Version : Telakoituminen: I'm... speechless

tsmirandameadows
09-14-2013, 10:15 AM
I have a pretty good Finnish friend, and he never mentioned this to me, and I can see why: even as the tranny, I would have looked like the normal one. Telakoituminen is the Finnish word for penis docking, which of course we're all familiar with, but among the Finns, it's what drunk bros in a sauna do to express their broness and it's "totally not gay."

Instructional chart:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_FHL3-17g7HA/RrjFS1FSceI/AAAAAAAAAFA/KyRJwIQ4B9Y/s640/instruktion-dockan.gif

And the Finnish apologia:

It can mean different things to different people, but for most it's just a more powerful way to show trust, togetherness and camaraderie - a mere handshake is nothing in comparison. When you place your foreskin on someone else's glans, you tell him he can count on you when need be; anywhere, any place, any time - and then be reciprocated immediately. It's a way to bond like no other.

And in a way it's a rite of manhood as well - I still vividly remember the first time I docked with my dad, it meant that I had stopped being a kid and started to become a man.

I can now sort of understand the lack of comprehension; you guys have been alienated from this aspect of masculinity all your lives, and of course tainted by pop culture sensibilities and are probably a bit homosexual yourselves, so the "gay" association inevitably comes up. Maybe, if you imagine the sensations, the comfortable atmosphere and the camaraderie of doing it with your dad at first, it'll help you get acclimatized to the idea and the meaning of the act

Guess what; not everything you do with your genitals has to be sexual in nature. To get things straight (no pun intended): Gakkone was obviously joking when he called docking a "traditional greeting among bros". It's not like we whip out our dicks in the street. Docking is almost always done in the sauna. And it's not like it's a very common tradition either. (Well, unless you count frat parties and northern Finland. Yes, I'm looking at you Lapland.)

There's none of the fervour of the sexual act, for one. Just try to imagine connecting with another man on that fundamental level; you can't really describe it in words. Some people make a bit of a sauna/booze joke of it, I guess because they find it awkward and a bit embarrassing even if they want to try it, but at its best it can be a deeply solemn moment between two men. Which isn't to say that sauna and booze can't be involved, of course.

All I can do is nod my head and say "huh".

Ben in LA
09-14-2013, 11:30 AM
No thanks. Besides, I'm cut.

MacShreach
09-14-2013, 11:49 AM
I'm afraid it's the bit about 'doing it with Dad' that gives me the heebie-jeebies.

amanda_s
09-14-2013, 12:20 PM
Noooo, surely not?

RallyCola
09-14-2013, 12:22 PM
wtf?

also, i never really got docking at all...i don't see the point nor how it is pleasurable at all.

dderek123
09-14-2013, 12:41 PM
Those crazy Finns. Maybe too much vodka during a long winter led to this.

youngblood61
09-14-2013, 01:09 PM
NO Thanks!

ronaldo73
09-14-2013, 01:49 PM
No lot of vodka! but really long winter here:( I don`t no what is this "TELAKOITUMINEN" mean? Im finish guy:)

nysprod
09-14-2013, 02:05 PM
This is interesting when you take a step back to observe it objectively, the fact that we're interested in sexual practices we understand are not generally accepted but find a male-bonding ritual that uses the penis in a non-sexual way to be somewhat objectionable.

RallyCola
09-14-2013, 03:10 PM
This is interesting when you take a step back to observe it objectively, the fact that we're interested in sexual practices we understand are not generally accepted but find a male-bonding ritual that uses the penis in a non-sexual way to be somewhat objectionable.

i see your point, but at issue is how can this be considered male bonding?

i take no issue with ethnocentrism here because that's just an odd way to bond. it would be interesting to know how this really came about.

nysprod
09-14-2013, 03:54 PM
i see your point, but at issue is how can this be considered male bonding?

i take no issue with ethnocentrism here because that's just an odd way to bond. it would be interesting to know how this really came about.

IDK, it isn't something I'm really familiar with, but it apparently is a form of bonding to some, i.e. if two males feel bonded when doing it than I guess it is.

robertlouis
09-14-2013, 04:00 PM
I have a pretty good Finnish friend, and he never mentioned this to me, and I can see why: even as the tranny, I would have looked like the normal one. Telakoituminen is the Finnish word for penis docking, which of course we're all familiar with, but among the Finns, it's what drunk bros in a sauna do to express their broness and it's "totally not gay."

Instructional chart:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_FHL3-17g7HA/RrjFS1FSceI/AAAAAAAAAFA/KyRJwIQ4B9Y/s640/instruktion-dockan.gif

All I can do is nod my head and say "huh".

And then do they do the other Finnish sauna thing and beat the shit out of each other's cocks with birch twigs? :ignore::hide-1:

ronaldo73
09-14-2013, 04:44 PM
It is true that the birch branches are beaten each other, it is "vihtoa":dancing:

but that "telakoituminen is a really weird thing to me

fred41
09-14-2013, 04:54 PM
uote:
...Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah .. and the camaraderie of doing it with your dad at first, it'll help you get acclimatized to the idea and the meaning of the act

Yeah...uhmm, NO!!!.

Merkurie
09-14-2013, 05:16 PM
Its not about sex, it's about loyalty!
http://livingincinema.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/theres-no-i-in-team-america.jpg
Now get over here and suck my cock.

francisfkudrow
09-14-2013, 05:21 PM
No thanks. Besides, I'm cut.

Well, from what I can tell, only one of the 2 needs to be uncut.

MacShreach
09-14-2013, 05:21 PM
Jesus Christ you actually said something intelligent. Fucking break out the champagne.

MacShreach
09-14-2013, 05:27 PM
Well, from what I can tell, only one of the 2 needs to be uncut.
i can confirm this. It's really quite a nice thing to do in the shower, or after sex with a lady friend. And yes only one of you needs to be intact, but you do both need to be semi-flaccid, or have lace curtains like Auntie Nell.

fred41
09-14-2013, 06:43 PM
Pretty sure that next time I see my 75 year old father and say - "Hey Dad, wanna bond?"..then show him the article...he'd still find a way to come after me with a pipe wrench...COPD, hypertension and diabetes not withstanding...

...C'mon, it's creepy .

RallyCola
09-14-2013, 10:07 PM
IDK, it isn't something I'm really familiar with, but it apparently is a form of bonding to some, i.e. if two males feel bonded when doing it than I guess it is.

would you dock with me? it would bring us closer as men and cohorts.

themaster
09-14-2013, 10:14 PM
I've seen this more in the gay community with men who have injected silicone into their penis.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=461_1360105026&comments=1

MacShreach
09-14-2013, 10:29 PM
First time I came anything close to this was with a a natal woman. After we'd had sex, she was cuddled in beside me. She slipped her forefinger inside my foreskin, and just swizzled around in there. She told me she loved doing it and it was certainly a nice feeling. So after that I always guided my partners towards that, but only ever with fingers.

My gf is very small, about the size of my thumb, so trying it with her was easy. It felt very good and very intimate, like deep kissing, (which we were also doing). It is now part of our repertoire.

I honestly can't see how, between two men, it could be anything other than homoerotic, but I'm not a Finn (I had a Finnish girlfriend once and she never mentioned this). And to be fair, sexualised bonding practices between men, for non-homosexual reasons, are certainly not unknown, so...

bluesoul
09-14-2013, 11:53 PM
but among the Finns, it's what drunk bros in a sauna do to express their broness and it's "totally not gay."

that's cool. but are you familiar with any cultures who lick their women's assholes to express their bro-ness? because i'd like to visit such a culture and be amongst those bros.

http://i.imgur.com/ieTk4Fu.png

bluesoul
09-15-2013, 12:05 AM
My gf is very small, about the size of my thumb

http://i.imgur.com/xShXRGC.gif

TSCURIOUS
09-15-2013, 12:42 AM
I was out at "Quote 1"

nysprod
09-15-2013, 02:00 AM
would you dock with me? it would bring us closer as men and cohorts.

Lol...I think we're quite well bonded at this point, so I'll pass.

nysprod
09-15-2013, 02:02 AM
My gf is very small, about the size of my thumb

Are you sure your gf isn't genetic with an oversized clit? LMAO