PDA

View Full Version : TS Clubs In Portland, Oregon

theone1982
09-10-2013, 06:37 AM
I haven't been in Portland, Oregon in a while and I might be taking a trip up there soon. I was just wondering if any of you out there can tell me where the hottest TS hang out clubs are there right now. Thanks.

GroobyKrissy
09-10-2013, 06:56 AM
Surprisingly... there are none that are "dedicated". The Embers has drag shows on multiple nights but that is just about it. There is a place called "The Velvet Rope" (the website is angelspdx.com) that has a somewhat popular night the third Thursday of every month (20th of September), but it is pretty spendy for a one time visit if you're a single guy.

Most "off the beaten path" bars in PDX are respectful and friendly but there are not many where girls "hang out"... CC Slaughters is the closest you'll come but it is mostly a gay clientele. I've been to plenty of the other LGBT friendly bars and always have been treated well.

Good luck!

theone1982
09-10-2013, 07:03 AM
Surprisingly... there are none that are "dedicated". The Embers has drag shows on multiple nights but that is just about it. There is a place called "The Velvet Rope" (the website is angelspdx.com) that has a somewhat popular night the third Thursday of every month (20th of September), but it is pretty spendy for a one time visit if you're a single guy.

Most "off the beaten path" bars in PDX are respectful and friendly but there are not many where girls "hang out"... CC Slaughters is the closest you'll come but it is mostly a gay clientele. I've been to plenty of the other LGBT friendly bars and always have been treated well.

Good luck!

I haven't been to Portland in a while so I was just wondering where the TS spots currently were. It sounds like there is no one main spot and that's it's sort of scattershot throughout other clubs. Darcells is still a drag show club, right? The one downtown

GroobyKrissy
09-10-2013, 07:10 AM
Darcelle's is definitely still a Drag Show! I think longest running one in PDX in fact (darcellexv.com). Fun to watch but mostly attended by brides to be and other miscellaneous LGBT clubs. Definitely NOT a hangout place. Let me know if you need a date though :) Always nice to have an excuse to go and say hi to Darcelle :).

theone1982
09-10-2013, 07:19 AM
Darcelle's is definitely still a Drag Show! I think longest running one in PDX in fact (darcellexv.com). Fun to watch but mostly attended by brides to be and other miscellaneous LGBT clubs. Definitely NOT a hangout place. Let me know if you need a date though :) Always nice to have an excuse to go and say hi to Darcelle :).

Sweet. :) Funnily enough, I've never actually been there, even though I've seen it many times while walking through downtown. I wasn't sure if it was still a showbiz club though. It's interesting that there's not one spot with a specific TS vibe. I've heard some stuff about Embers though, and that seems like the place to go.

GroobyKrissy
09-10-2013, 07:23 AM
Sweet. :) Funnily enough, I've never actually been there, even though I've seen it many times while walking through downtown. I wasn't sure if it was still a showbiz club though. It's interesting that there's not one spot with a specific TS vibe. I've heard some stuff about Embers though, and that seems like the place to go.

Truth be told, I haven't been to Embers in a long time. It used to be overrun with college age kids being rowdy, which is not the intimate setting I usually prefer when I go out. But yes, it is probably the most well-known LGBT bar/club in PDX and I've heard that some girls do hang out there on a regular basis. Have fun in our fair city :).

theone1982
09-10-2013, 07:36 AM
Truth be told, I haven't been to Embers in a long time. It used to be overrun with college age kids being rowdy, which is not the intimate setting I usually prefer when I go out. But yes, it is probably the most well-known LGBT bar/club in PDX and I've heard that some girls do hang out there on a regular basis. Have fun in our fair city :).

Thank you Krissy! I can only hope to have a beautiful lady as classy and beautiful as you on my arm wherever I go when I'm there :Bowdown:

GroobyKrissy
09-10-2013, 07:40 AM
Awww... flattery gets you everywhere :). Glad I could help out.