PDA

View Full Version : Star Trek's 1st Episode Aired 47 Years Ago Today

saifan
09-08-2013, 03:47 PM
Who's up for celebrating via some Orion slave girl action?
http://oi43.tinypic.com/2i20epx.jpg

Wendy Summers
09-08-2013, 03:52 PM
I'm certainly excited by the anniversary:

http://www.wendysummers.com/tour/galleries/13/image_89307.jpg

turtle74
09-08-2013, 04:05 PM
Star Trek is a great show.

Question:

Kirk or Picard

Wendy Summers
09-08-2013, 04:24 PM
star trek is a great show.

Question:

Kirk or picard

both!

turtle74
09-08-2013, 04:29 PM
both!

Great answer.

Spock or Data

Wendy Summers
09-08-2013, 04:35 PM
Great answer.

Spock or Data

I'll answer in song:

[Star Trek: TNG] Anatomically Correct Android - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQOdjhEtd3E)

Ecstatic
09-08-2013, 04:57 PM
I agree, both Kirk and Picard. Stewart's the better actor, but both captains were great, and very different, characters. But I'll take Spock over Data. I love Data, but he was always the "new Spock" so to speak, and Spock is one of the most original characters ever on TV.

tommy001
09-08-2013, 06:42 PM
My two best shows on television. Star Trek and the Simpsons.

kirahann
09-08-2013, 06:47 PM
I'll answer in song:

[Star Trek: TNG] Anatomically Correct Android - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQOdjhEtd3E)

Hehe Pan Farr and once every 7 Years... just won't cut it for Wendy :fuckin:

tommy001
09-08-2013, 06:54 PM
I wonder if we'll see a TS girl in any episodes in the future? Are you Listening Wendy!!

tsmirandameadows
09-09-2013, 02:04 AM
I wonder if we'll see a TS girl in any episodes in the future? Are you Listening Wendy!!

There was a TNG episode which was ostensibly about homosexuality -- and it was the writer's intent for it to be about homosexuality -- but due to the nature of the scenario they constructed, it really more directly addressed being a transsexual. Basically, they meet some aliens and Riker falls in love with one. As it turns out, this female alien is actually of a species that is entirely androgynous, with no sexual dimorphism or even sexes, and has developed a culture which deeply despises any sort of gendered behavior or expression. But there are, and always have been, a few members of this species which develop gendered expression, either male or female, and such individuals are shunned and denied full membership in society. Overtime, the society's response to these individuals was to develop some sort of neural/behavior reconditioning treatment which erased all gendered expression and behavior from the recipients personality. The plot leads to the alien Riker has fallen in love with being slotted by her government for such reconditioning. Riker pulls some strings to get the alien woman asylum in the Federation and petitions the alien government to relinquish custody of her, but because of the constrictions of the Prime Directive, he can do no more than that. The alien government denies Rikers petition, stating that the woman in question is "sick, and sick people need to be healed", sends the woman to reconditioning, and when Riker and "she" next meet, "she" is now an androgyne.

Pretty compelling episode in my opinion as it reverses what is "normal gender behavior" and forces non-trans people into the position of being the shunned and hated minority.

Merkurie
09-09-2013, 02:44 AM
I remember that episode and thought it was very good.
Does anyone remember the episode where Dr. Crusher falls for a Trill (species where a humanoid host lives with an embedded symbiot). The symbiote typically outlives the humanoid host by several lifetimes, but each successive host gains the knowledge, memories and experiences of the prior host/symbiont.

Anyway, Dr. Crusher has a romantic relationship with a male host Trill, who later transfers to a female host. Basically the same person changes to a female gender and wants to continue the relationship.

maxpower
09-09-2013, 04:10 AM
I'm certainly excited by the anniversary:

http://www.wendysummers.com/tour/galleries/13/image_89307.jpg

Be careful where you point that thing.

BellaBellucci
09-09-2013, 04:52 AM
This franchise has saved my life and influenced it in countless ways. I don't even have the words, except 'live long and prosper.'

I remember that episode and thought it was very good.
Does anyone remember the episode where Dr. Crusher falls for a Trill (species where a humanoid host lives with an embedded symbiot). The symbiote typically outlives the humanoid host by several lifetimes, but each successive host gains the knowledge, memories and experiences of the prior host/symbiont.

Anyway, Dr. Crusher has a romantic relationship with a male host Trill, who later transfers to a female host. Basically the same person changes to a female gender and wants to continue the relationship.

Epicly relevant to this forum. It's one of my favorite episodes and I was just getting ready to watch it on Netflix.

GET OUTTA MY HEAD!

~BB~

birdmountain
09-09-2013, 04:57 AM
Makes me want to go back and watch the original series again. I hope it's still on Netflix. Anyways, anyone else besides me love The Voyage Home? lol. It's not my favorite of the films, but I have a particular attraction towards 80s cheese. Hehe. ;)

BellaBellucci
09-09-2013, 05:14 AM
Makes me want to go back and watch the original series again. I hope it's still on Netflix. Anyways, anyone else besides me love The Voyage Home? lol. It's not my favorite of the films, but I have a particular attraction towards 80s cheese. Hehe. ;)

First Contact
Wrath of Khan
Voyage Home
Undiscovered Country
Star Trek

... and the rest were meh.

~BB~

VictoriaVeil
09-09-2013, 05:28 AM
First Contact
Wrath of Khan
Voyage Home
Undiscovered Country
Star Trek

~BB~
so Just sayin BB, I'm gettin tired of waiting for you to discover transparent aluminum... so do it already. k? Thanks!

:yingyang:

birdmountain
09-09-2013, 05:36 AM
First Contact
Wrath of Khan
Voyage Home
Undiscovered Country
Star Trek

~BB~
Interesting... my personal favorite is The Search For Spock. (I know, I know...) =p

BellaBellucci
09-09-2013, 05:49 AM
so Just sayin BB, I'm gettin tired of waiting for you to discover transparent aluminum... so do it already. k? Thanks!

:yingyang:

Com-puter!

Star Trek 4: The Voyage Home (7/10) Movie CLIP - The Miracle Worker (1986) HD - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkqiDu1BQXY)

~BB~

BellaBellucci
09-09-2013, 05:50 AM
... oh, and Nemesis DIDN'T suck. :lol:

~BB~

Merkurie
09-09-2013, 06:04 AM
The only one that really sucked was The first Star Trek movie. It was great to see the crew and the ship together again, but that was about it. I remember saying that it was great just hoping that they would make another one. But deep down inside, I thought it sucked even then.

Thank god for Wrath of Khan, I think it saved the franchise.

bluesoul
09-09-2013, 09:12 AM

what do you mean "episodes in the future"? star trek is no longer on television so there are no "episodes in the future"

also, there already "kinda" was. the enterprise encountered a race known as the j'naii who were described as "an androgynous species that view the expression of any sort of male or female gender, and especially sexual liaisons, as a sexual perversion".

a few members of this race of people who considered outcasts when they "identified" with a certain sex.

ZELLGADISS
09-09-2013, 02:43 PM
Kirk and Spock are the best, no debate ;)