PDA

View Full Version : Can someone please tell me what Nowbar is like?

bofnyc
06-30-2002, 06:20 AM
I walked past Nowbar for the first time tonight. There were 2 of the most beautiful girls I've ever seen walking in when I passed. I'd really like to experience this place, but it would be helpful if someone could explain what the scene in Nowbar is like. I have to admit I was a bit intimidated by the doorman outside and by the fact that the women were dressed very nicely. How would a single guy be treated in there? Are there lots of guys in there by themselves? What is the crowd like (how old, wardrobe, etc)? Is it laid back or more of a trendy type of place? Finally, are most of the girls working or are they interested in just hooking up for a good time?

Thanks in advance.

goring
07-01-2002, 04:03 PM
it's pretty laid back in there. it can get crowded towards the end of the night, but people are pretty much friendly. plenty of single men, from trolls to normal looking guys. plenty of girls, but in my experience they are all working, or they stay in their little group of girlfriends. i've gone alone twice, had an ok time, would've been better if i was planning on spending money (beyond admission and drinks)...

zaron
07-06-2002, 04:09 AM
Best way to find out is to check it out

09-28-2002, 05:14 AM
I went to Nowbar for the first time a few month ago. I had a good time. Drank wine for a while. Talked to some girls briefly. I talked mostly with a cute little asian tg. I recognized a few working girls I had been with. But my new friend was hanging onto me like gold. After a while we decided to go to her house and let me tell you we had a GREAT TIME! She wasn't working, but she knew her stuff

09-28-2002, 03:11 PM
Yoy're lucky you had such a "great experience". I've been there many timesand can tell you for sure that there are 95% working girls and when you politely pass on their services, they're often quite rude about it. The place is a little dump that could be charming if they actually tried to get a bar scene going. instead the hostess Glorya takes her "cut" of $25 bucks at the door and leaves it to fate. There are the occasional nice people but for the most part they're pathetic trolls looking for thrill. Better places have been closed down for their blatent support ofr prostitution but for some reason they keep going. Do some research. There are other parties and events where there are some nice girls that aren't on the job and the atmosphere isn't so obvious.

bofnyc
09-28-2002, 11:44 PM
I started this thread many months ago and have since been to Nowbar 4 or 5 times. I've had some really fun, great nights there and some really horrible, unpleasant experiences. I've only hooked up once, and that was the first time I went. I was blind drunk and picked up a really unattractive girl. It didn't cost me anything, but it wasn't that great. There are some truly beautiful girls who hang out there, include a girl named Marie who doesn't speak much English but is absolutely stunning. Just about everyone is working, so it's not likely that you'll hook up if you're not generous. But it's fun just to hang out and check out the scene. The girls are usually very touchy/feely when they sit and talk to you, which can be quite nice.

The pervious poster mentioned other places where non-working girls hang out. Can that person please share more specific info? I know we'd all appreciate it.

09-29-2002, 05:39 AM
the bouncer hanging outside is real creepy looking. I've always chickened out don't go in.

bofnyc
09-30-2002, 02:59 AM
He is really nasty. I always make a point of saying good night when I leave and he has yet to respond to me. He just glares. There is another bouncer who is very cool/friendly.

What's the deal with the girl who monitors the lap dances upstairs? I think she's a "real" girl, and I think she's the bouncers old lady. How on earth do these people get these jobs???

Meanwhile, the bartender, Brian, is one of the best bartenders in the city.

09-30-2002, 07:00 AM
True....Brian is one of the best bartenders in the city. Real nice guy. Too bad that's all the place has. And that is a real girl upstairs but.....well....this is a family message board. The dj with the green hair is a joke. A real douche bag that posts on all these boards to promote the whorehouse. Without this gig, he'll be living in a box under the FDR.

Look, if you want a hooker you're better off calling one in the back of the voice or from eros. Save the cover and drinks or take the lady to a quiet bar for a chat. Otherwise check out the club scene. There's plenty of mixed partys like cheez whiz and the swan chick's party, even though they're lame to some degree will lead you to a better experience. Just ask around.

9.30.02 at webster hall (bartender's ball) should be a good place to get the scoop on where the good partys are at. Pat Fields is hosting and every hot transexual in NYC has worked or shopped there at one time or another. So it should be a good turnout.

check out the motherboards for ongoing info about transgender in NYC. Even though it's a lot of transvestite stuff, there's definitely some tidbits on finding decent chicks.

bofnyc
10-01-2002, 01:00 AM
I actually think the DJ is decent. I've heard him have nights where he plays just one great song after another. All in all, this is a pretty friendly place, with the exception of the girls. Not that they're not friendly, but they're all looking for a buck. By the way, one person mentioned being intimidated by the bouncer. Yes, he is intimidating, but there is no reason for him to keep you from going inside. Just give him your money and go downstairs.

Thanks for the tips...

10-01-2002, 06:47 PM
Bah, that bouncer is a big pussy. He looks but if you carry yourself as a man and look him square in the eye, he'll treat you as an equal.

11-22-2002, 10:30 AM
honestly,who gives a crap about the bouncer? its just a poor excuse to chicken out. besides, he's just doin his job, he isnt the frickin hostess.

11-22-2002, 05:20 PM
seeing as how going to a tranny bar is in itself abit intimidating (well at least the first couple of times), the bouncer doesn't exactly make the situation any easier.

hotblackshemale10
12-01-2002, 10:11 AM
hojey it is a wonderful plavce to meet goergeous shemales like myself. i am very good vriewndsd with the ownerws honey!! i'll be there this week i dont think youd be disappointed if you meet me honey!!! honey!!*wink** *blowing kisses* danielle!!