PDA

View Full Version : Madden 25 Worth The Update... Anybody?

GroobyKrissy
08-28-2013, 01:05 AM
Avid Madden player here...

Madden 25 worth the update (anybody who has actually played it)? I don't really consider game mechanics a reason for updating but leaps in graphics... definitely.

I'm kind of not wanting to buy any new games with the XBox One and PS4 (already reserved each!) just around the corner but I do love my Madden...

On a separate note... was going to unload my XBox 360 and PS3 on Ebay but if anyone is interested here... going cheap and I take meticulous care of my electronics :).

Ben in LA
08-28-2013, 01:40 AM
Why do people keep buying what's essentially the same game? How many folks actually play the multiple season mode?

And I actually LIKE Madden...although the last one I actually purchased was 2001 for my PLAYSTATION ONE...:nervous:

GroobyKrissy
08-28-2013, 02:14 AM
It is all about the psychology, Hon. Those marketing geniuses have figured out that there are gamers like me who will harp on one, stupid, solitary problem with a game over and over again... Then, they fix it in the next release. WHAM... instant gratification and validation... "See... there really was a problem with this game because they fixed it... JUST FOR ME!"

Seriously though... 2001 :). I think I have bought every single Madden since it came out. I just like the advances in graphics more than anything. Those asses just get sweeter and sweeter to look at :).

This will be the first one that I think I am going to skip, although I will probably buy it for the Xbox One on release so I guess I'm not really skipping it.

DCGuy343
08-28-2013, 02:29 AM
It is not much different than Madden 13 in my opinion. I get it every year and the past few years have not been great.

Wendy Summers
08-28-2013, 02:38 AM
Seriously though... 2001 :). I think I have bought every single Madden since it came out. I just like the advances in graphics more than anything. Those asses just get sweeter and sweeter to look at :).

Ugh your TV screen must be as nasty and cum covered as you are.

:hide-1::jerkoff

Silcc69
08-28-2013, 03:15 AM
EA bought the exclusive rights to it and our government let them get away with this monopoly.

Ben in LA
08-28-2013, 05:04 AM
Bring back Tecmo Bowl!

KiraHarden
08-28-2013, 09:17 AM
Avid Madden player here...

Madden 25 worth the update (anybody who has actually played it)? I don't really consider game mechanics a reason for updating but leaps in graphics... definitely.

I'm kind of not wanting to buy any new games with the XBox One and PS4 (already reserved each!) just around the corner but I do love my Madden...

On a separate note... was going to unload my XBox 360 and PS3 on Ebay but if anyone is interested here... going cheap and I take meticulous care of my electronics :).

How long have you owned the ps3, and are you willing to sell it for? I'm a game collector and currently own 14 diffent consoles and over 600 games. What's the GB on on ps3 and is it the 80 Gb backward compatable fat model, slim front loader, or the new top loader? I'm actually looking for the 80 GB fat.

Madden games have not made a major jump in grapics the past few years, Your basically just paying for updated player rostors. If your buying a next gen consoles, don't waste your money on madden for the current systems.

KiraHarden
08-28-2013, 09:22 AM
Bring back Tecmo Bowl! They actually have it as a download on ps3 store and you can play online. Thou nothing major as far as grapics

KiraHarden
08-28-2013, 09:25 AM
EA bought the exclusive rights to it and our government let them get away with this monopoly. Agreed and destroyed the best football game in the process NFL2k. I haven't played football since EA bought exclusive rights

rockabilly
08-28-2013, 09:26 AM
My console collection and games dvd's were outright stolen and not a damn thing i can do about it.

rockabilly
08-28-2013, 09:46 AM
Have my 360 and a few games.

As far as Madden , I always preferred the 2k series.

KiraHarden
08-28-2013, 09:47 AM
My console collection and games dvd's were outright stolen and not a damn thing i can do about it.

That really sucks

SylasJ
08-28-2013, 10:04 AM
I bought it solely because it came with Sunday Ticket streaming and at $100 that's cheaper than getting it from directv

rockabilly
08-28-2013, 10:16 AM
Yup , soon to be ex wife took everything pawned or sold it then fled the state.

rockabilly
08-28-2013, 10:17 AM
Trashed what she couldnt sell and took off.

KiraHarden
08-28-2013, 10:28 AM
Trashed what she couldnt sell and took off.

Did you own a NES top loader?

rockabilly
08-28-2013, 10:35 AM
Did you own a NES top loader?

No old school front loader

rockabilly
08-28-2013, 10:41 AM
Nes
Snes
Wii
Genesis
Saturn
Dreamcast
PS1
PS2
PS3
PSP
Neo Geo Pocket Color
Game Boy Advance SP (nes version)
Game Gear

And games for all of them

Plus my dvd collections of Breaking Bad , True Blood , Big Bang Theory , Heroes , BSG , Buffy , Weeds , And too many movies to count.

GroobyKrissy
08-28-2013, 10:43 AM
How long have you owned the ps3, and are you willing to sell it for? I'm a game collector and currently own 14 diffent consoles and over 600 games. What's the GB on on ps3 and is it the 80 Gb backward compatable fat model, slim front loader, or the new top loader? I'm actually looking for the 80 GB fat.

Madden games have not made a major jump in grapics the past few years, Your basically just paying for updated player rostors. If your buying a next gen consoles, don't waste your money on madden for the current systems.

I really don't get the "...not made a major jump in [sic] grapics the past few years..." but other than that, sounds like like you're quite the game collector!

I typically update all my consoles as the new ones come out so my current PS3's are the slim, base model... so, not what you're looking for. 360 is the same... I think one generation behind though as I think for some stupid reason, MS just released an updated console.

Probably looking for somewhere in the neighborhood of $50 / per unit but I think I already have a buyer for both consoles at the moment.

rockabilly
08-28-2013, 10:46 AM
Then had the balls to text me that her gf beat her up and abandoned her in the middle of nowhere.
She's homeless , hungry and alone ... Bitch please you made your bed lay in it.

Thats what happens you get strung out on meth and start shooting it.

KiraHarden
08-28-2013, 11:16 AM
Nes
Snes
Wii
Genesis
Saturn
Dreamcast
PS1
PS2
PS3
PSP
Neo Geo Pocket Color
Game Boy Advance SP (nes version)
Game Gear

And games for all of them

Plus my dvd collections of Breaking Bad , True Blood , Big Bang Theory , Heroes , BSG , Buffy , Weeds , And too many movies to count.
own them all plus a few others except your last 3 handhelds. I still own my original segamaster system in box

NightmareX0666
08-29-2013, 09:52 PM
Then had the balls to text me that her gf beat her up and abandoned her in the middle of nowhere.
She's homeless , hungry and alone ... Bitch please you made your bed lay in it.

Thats what happens you get strung out on meth and start shooting it.

GroobyKrissy
08-29-2013, 09:55 PM
Since this thread is back on the front page...

Sold - both consoles. Thanks to the buyer and I hope you enjoy them!

BellaBellucci
08-29-2013, 11:02 PM
Bring back Tecmo Bowl!

Hell yeah... but with NFL Sunday Ticket. ;)

http://compare.ebay.com/like/130965829149?var=lv&ltyp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes&var=sbar

~BB~

Ben in LA
08-29-2013, 11:09 PM
Ah, Madden...the early years...

John Madden Football '92 Ambulance Montage - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_138p6uzhUk)

BellaBellucci
08-29-2013, 11:16 PM
Ah, Madden...the early years...

John Madden Football '92 Ambulance Montage - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_138p6uzhUk)

http://static.tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pub/images/ambulance-chaser_1407.jpg

~BB~