PDA

View Full Version : My review of X3: The Last Stand (((beware of spoilers)))

Quinn
05-27-2006, 05:20 AM
Cool review. It's much appreciated.

-Quinn

TomSelis
05-27-2006, 06:16 AM
I used to read the comics all the way up until that "Legion/Onslaught" bullshit.

Anyway, I picked up Every X-man title at B-N and read them all over a coffee. Then I realized, I didn't know what the hell was going on and the stories were ALL crap.

I'm really scared to go see this movie, because if it's damned near nothing like the old comics it's not worth my $9.25.

Demoni
05-27-2006, 11:24 AM
Great review! I'm a huge fan of the X-Men movies myself, and Wolverine has a place in my heart (I ued to be him as a kid playing supervilain with my cousin, who ofcourse was The Hulk).

I loved X-Men 3, but I have to agree with most of what you say. X-Men 2 is the best of the three, but I enjoyed them all.

Looking forward to the Wolverine and magneto movies coming out next year.

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
05-27-2006, 10:00 PM
The role of Storm should have been played by either Iman or Naomi Campbell, specifically Iman who was big at the time the 2nd generation of Xmen was 1st drawn being that she was one of the IT models of that timeframe

I thought the movie sucked not only from a writer's point but from the director's point

Brett Ratner NEVER should've directed X3, he tried to make a dark series into something comical, bad move..............

Quiet as kept I would have preferred Hulk director Ang Lee to direct it over Ratner, he would have done X3 justice

Demoni
05-27-2006, 10:24 PM
Quiet as kept I would have preferred Hulk director Ang Lee to direct it over Ratner, he would have done X3 justice

Ang Lee's to busy making crappy movies like Brokeback Mountain... Shame on him for that!!!!

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
05-28-2006, 12:12 AM

Ang Lee's to busy making crappy movies like Brokeback Mountain... Shame on him for that!!!!

good point acknowledged

Quinn
05-28-2006, 09:17 PM
I just came back from seeing this - with my wife. Unfortunately, I had to answer so many damn questions, I think I missed something like a third of the movie. Who's that? What did he say? Why did she do that? What's his power? All in all, it was worth the money, though I definitely think many of the points featured above are spot on.

They did a terrible job with the Juggernaut.

-Quinn

Demoni
05-28-2006, 10:33 PM
I just came back from seeing this - with my wife. Unfortunately, I had to answer so many damn questions, I think I missed something like a third of the movie. Who's that? What did he say? Why did she do that? What's his power? All in all, it was worth the money, though I definitely think many of the points featured above are spot on.

They did a terrible job with the Juggernaut.

-Quinn

Ha, ha, this sounds like a fun trip to the movies. :lol:

LadyBoyzrHot
05-28-2006, 10:53 PM
thank for the review. Sounds dissapointing to me. The points you picked out are very bad indeed. Makes me upset. They always seem to mess up the last movie of trilogys. Well I liked the Matrix but Star wars was just plain crappy.

Demoni
05-29-2006, 09:06 AM
thank for the review. Sounds dissapointing to me. The points you picked out are very bad indeed. Makes me upset. They always seem to mess up the last movie of trilogys. Well I liked the Matrix but Star wars was just plain crappy.

Well, wel... How about Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade? Great f**king movie!! The Godfather Part III. Back to the Future Part 3.

Matrix sucked from #1, so that's that. :wink:

Dkg
05-29-2006, 09:52 AM
you are dead on, and I agree

I think the problem was that they were trying to introduced WAY too many characters in too short a time.

For example, Angel was damn near pointless.

I definitely think Singer should have been at the helm for this one.
It was like the actors were only making the movie b/c they were contractually bined to, and giving into Berry's protest for larger screen time was a mistake.

Storm is cool and all, but really, they should have given more screen time to develop some of the other mutants like Iceman, Kitty Pride, Collossus, hell even Phoenix.

I was definitely a bit disappointed when I walked out....and the way they handled Cyclops was just wrong and shameful.

djbj_2_2_69
06-03-2006, 01:10 PM
I'm a little surprised no body has brought this up:

Where the Hell is Gambit in these movies?!!!