PDA

View Full Version : Ben Affleck? Really?

SylasJ
08-23-2013, 05:20 AM
Who in the hell left the gate open and let Ben Affleck get Batman?

TSMichelleAustin
08-23-2013, 06:19 AM
I know everyone is going insane over this on FB but I think it could be okay... But people thought same of Michael Keetan and he did good.

Quiet Reflections
08-23-2013, 06:24 AM
He certainly wouldn't be the worst person to ever play batman

SylasJ
08-23-2013, 06:38 AM
Yeah he won't be the worst by a longshot, but they could've done better.

danoblue
08-23-2013, 06:48 AM
awful. and DC [Warner Bros.] why Marvel films do so well. ummm because they DON'T cast Ben Affleck in a super-hero role.

danoblue
08-23-2013, 06:52 AM
anyone remember Daredevil? YUCK

sabre666
08-23-2013, 07:00 AM
Stupid is as stupid does.
I wouldn't get too worked up about it. Remember they floated the idea of Nicholas Cage as Superman before they selected Cavill for "Man Of Steel".

kukm4
08-23-2013, 07:57 AM
He's playing Bizzaro Batman .... right?

bluesoul
08-23-2013, 08:18 AM
there's already a petition to get him removed. i wish they'd have just waited until the film was made then nobody went to watch it. that would've been the most effective petition EVER

http://www.change.org/petitions/warner-brothers-remove-ben-affleck-as-batman-bruce-wayne-in-the-superman-batman-movie

Falling
08-23-2013, 08:21 AM
lol Please just no more bale and i'm good!

LilyRox
08-23-2013, 08:22 AM
there's already a petition to get him removed. i wish they'd have just waited until the film was made then nobody went to watch it. that would've been the most effective petition EVER

http://www.change.org/petitions/warner-brothers-remove-ben-affleck-as-batman-bruce-wayne-in-the-superman-batman-movie

1,000 people signing a petition just doesn't seem like a lot to me for a Warner Brothers film.

Johnny.Blaze
08-23-2013, 09:39 AM
1,000 people signing a petition just doesn't seem like a lot to me for a Warner Brothers film.

LMAO...I know. Like they're gonna find someone else just because a thousand or so say they don't like him. Make it Millions, and then you might have a chance...Give the guy a break. I actually like his movies "Most of them anyway"

Castor_Troy05
08-23-2013, 01:09 PM
but he was the bomb in Phantoms yo

bassman2546
08-23-2013, 01:56 PM
My question is, why another Batman movie?

dderek123
08-23-2013, 02:05 PM
Michael Keaton was a great Bruce Wayne but not a good batman imho. Clooney was the worst i thought. But that is probably the fault of the director.

I think Batman should be played by someone who is physically built. Since he relies on hand to hand combat so much.

tommy001
08-23-2013, 02:30 PM
I wonder if there was a TS version of Batman movie, who would play who?

GroobySteven
08-23-2013, 03:23 PM
Boooo! I love him as a director but he's no Batman. From what I heard it's going to be an older Batman and the story sounds closer to The Dark Knight Returns than anything else (Superman is in it).
How about Idris Elba for a good but different choice?

belfast2
08-23-2013, 03:29 PM

It's not a Batman movie. It's Warner execs panicking when Man of Steel underperformed, and subsequently giving the directive to insert Batman into the already greenlit Superman sequel.

LibertyHarkness
08-23-2013, 03:40 PM
why are they even bothering with another batman movie anyway.. let it lie for a few years and focus on some othejr amazing characters .. man thsee film studios have the most dire and lame though/imagination going .. it will be a car wreck of a movie .

dderek123
08-23-2013, 05:24 PM
I wonder if there was a TS version of Batman movie, who would play who?

Bat-tran?????

Starring: .............

bluesoul
08-23-2013, 05:30 PM

because studios rely on sure bets, and they know there are people who simply cannot ignore superhero movies- even if they just go to see how bad it is.

if people didn't watch them, they wouldn't make them. but that won't happen, because people go watch anything.

EvaCassini
08-23-2013, 06:30 PM
And this is why Marvel will dominate in film.
And why we can have nice things. :p

And also why I only like Marvel. DC has really been dropping the ball. The only good thing we got was the Nolan Trilogy.

Every Superman "reboot" sucked and couldn't really allow for tie-ins to other hero movies until the Nolan Trilogy came along, and still...Superman is really the worst superhero, truly.

The latest, is that the movie is pitted around Batman and Superman fighting each other...In Marvel, they only needed to show "that" for like 20 minutes in ONE movie, not waste an entire movie to show two or more superheroes pummel each other.
Whats the fucking point? Profit.

And where does this profit go? I'll tell you...

ANOTHER FUCKING SUPERMAN REBOOT! LMAO

Quiet Reflections
08-23-2013, 06:44 PM
Clooney was the worst i thought.
Worse than Val Kilmer?

Quiet Reflections
08-23-2013, 07:00 PM
Superman is really the worst superhero, truly.
I hate superman but thats not true. He sucks and the movies suck but he is nowhere near the worst. Im sure we could easily come up with a list of 100 heros worse than superman.
Mr fantastic
squirrel girl
aquaman
green arrow
aqualad
Iron man
Hawkman
Falcon
witchblade
electra
and thats just to start

dderek123
08-23-2013, 07:09 PM
I hate superman but thats not true. He sucks and the movies suck but he is nowhere near the worst. Im sure we could easily come up with a list of 100 heros worse than superman.
Mr fantastic
squirrel girl
aquaman
green arrow
aqualad
Iron man
Hawkman
Falcon
witchblade
electra
and thats just to start

Choda Boy!

dderek123
08-23-2013, 07:11 PM
Worse than Val Kilmer?

Yeah those movies stunk. But the kilmer movies were a little bit less sucky.

Quinn
08-23-2013, 07:18 PM
In other exciting news, I hear that Hollywood has decided to do a remake of Malcom X with Seth Green playing the role of Malcom.

EvaCassini
08-23-2013, 07:31 PM
THis is what you said...let me add my points in bold red lol...

Mr fantastic ( not great, but not more worse )
squirrel girl ( sure )
aquaman ( sure )
green arrow ( sure )
aqualad ( sure )
Iron man ( FUCK NO. He's a real person, with real problems. I will defend Ironman for eons, he's my favorite. )
Hawkman ( sure )
Falcon ( He's ok but not bad )
and thats just to start

Superman is the worst hero ( Well known hero ) because...

Indestructibility - Nothing can harm him...at all, unless it's Kryptonite or another Kryptonian ( how much/many of those are there? Not much )

Moral Absolutism - He has no values of his own. He seems to only uphold those values of the high elite in human society.

Symbol of "Hope"? - Hope my ass. The thing he stands for is to be the substitute for humans helping each other. He is a literal god compared to humans. That being said, how have god-like beings in the real world turn out? How have they helped? Imagine if Superman was real...beating up terrorists, saving whales, pummeling robbers, ripping the penis' off of pedos. Where is this hope? He basically solves and resolves any problem and leaves we humans to not do anything, we just need help from harm. Please Superman help me, save me...Why can't other humans learn from this "hope" and help each other out and come up with some kind of team of people who protect the innocents...sounds like S.H.I.E.L.D eh? LOL

Powers - Not earned! Given to him by his people. Seemingly limitless ( because there are stars everywhere... ). TOO MANY. He has nothing to prove.

In closing...
The only thing Superman is good for is Coke. I'll explain. He markets well like Coke doesn't he? Of coarse he does. Who doesn't want to drink coke, who doesn't wish they were Superman or had at least 1-15 of his powers. He is an American Icon. Everyone knows Superman as well as they know Coke.

Wonder why no aliens has come down and made contact with us, helped us, annihilated us? It's because of ALL the radio transmissions they hear in space about Superman. They most likely believe he is real and feel like we are fine and do need help ( We have Superman, he helps us ), don't need to conquer us ( We have Superman, he already did )

alpha2117
08-23-2013, 07:33 PM
I dont understand the Affleck hate.

Daredevil was a solid film - not great but not terrible either.

He's a big guy and definitely is probably the closest physical match to Batman ever cast both facially and physically.

He's a good actor and has matured as shown by things like Argo.

If it's him and Cavill as an older Batman younger Superman I can totally see it.

It also opens up a bizarre but very cool casting option - Casey Affleck as the Joker. The two characters are like twisted sides of a coin and visually Casey could actually pull that off - good actor too.

By the way to those who said MOS under-performed - it's made 289mil uS and 650mil worldwide total in 2 months. I'd hate to see what people define as a success nowadays if that is failure.

The Marvel films have been more fun but the Dark Knight films and MOS were decent films that made plenty of money.

By the by has anyone seen the GOTG footage. That looks freaking amazing. I want the talking tree, angry raccoon, blue chick from Avatar turned green, Batista turned green and guy from Parks & recreation in Space film and I want it so bad.

Also Simon Pegg is probably going to be Ant-Man.

alpha2117
08-23-2013, 07:36 PM
Oh and as for TS version of Batman - Eva as Batman with Jamie as the Joker would actually kind of work.

dderek123
08-23-2013, 07:37 PM
Daredevil as a film was mediocre. It could have been soooo much better. But thats not really Bens fault.

bluesoul
08-23-2013, 07:37 PM
what about hancock? where does he fit in?

http://www.fasthack.com/images/weblog/2008/05/hancock-1.jpg

EvaCassini
08-23-2013, 07:54 PM
Or....Me as Harley Quinn, Jamie as the Joker, and Smith as Batman. :)

dderek123
08-23-2013, 08:07 PM
I'd watch that more than once.

txjr3
08-23-2013, 08:26 PM
Am I missing something? What's wrong with Ben Afleck? Is this some kind of "look how cool I am, I'm putting down a really successful actor" thing? Daredevil wasn't bad. Jeez, they're all just actors.

NightmareX0666
08-23-2013, 08:26 PM
And this is why Marvel will dominate in film.
And why we can have nice things. :p

And also why I only like Marvel. DC has really been dropping the ball. The only good thing we got was the Nolan Trilogy.

Every Superman "reboot" sucked and couldn't really allow for tie-ins to other hero movies until the Nolan Trilogy came along, and still...Superman is really the worst superhero, truly.

The latest, is that the movie is pitted around Batman and Superman fighting each other...In Marvel, they only needed to show "that" for like 20 minutes in ONE movie, not waste an entire movie to show two or more superheroes pummel each other.
Whats the fucking point? Profit.

And where does this profit go? I'll tell you...

ANOTHER FUCKING SUPERMAN REBOOT! LMAO

Only problem with Marvel is the fact that Sony owns the rights to Spidey, Fox owns the rights to Fantastic Four and X-men, Ghost Rider is with Universal, and the Avengers are with Marvel Studios. Until Marvel can get all the 'universes' under their umbrella they are limited on the crossovers - such as seeing a Spider-man/Fantastic Four crossover. Or seeing a Hulk vs The Thing movie is not gonna happen too soon. Once the contracts end for Marvel and the movie studios-I think you will see more of the Marvel universe open up especially if the SHIELD tv show does well.

I just want them to re-do Ghost Rider and never ever look to Nicholas Cage again for ANY superhero roles.

txjr3
08-23-2013, 08:37 PM
on a semi related note, I'm lying here watching Rock of Ages on HBO, and this a truly awful movie. However, it's being almost rescued by Malin Akerman, who is really fucking hot. She was in Watchmen, which is how I'm justifying this tangent

txjr3
08-23-2013, 08:38 PM
I just want them to re-do Ghost Rider and never ever look to Nicholas Cage again for ANY superhero roles.

Big Daddy in Kickass!

bluesoul
08-23-2013, 08:45 PM
Am I missing something? What's wrong with Ben Afleck? Is this some kind of "look how cool I am, I'm putting down a really successful actor" thing? Daredevil wasn't bad. Jeez, they're all just actors.

that's mankinds logic. when a movie is good, they praise the actor. not the writer and the director.
when a film is terrible, they blame the actor, not the producer, editor or writer.

personally i think affleck should stick to directing. he's actually done one of the best transitions since clooney and eastwood from actor to director.

tommy001
08-23-2013, 09:14 PM
Or....Me as Harley Quinn, Jamie as the Joker, and Smith as Batman. :)

Haha the Harley Quinn character would suit you down to the ground. I can see you in a really short skirt, stockings, thigh boots, collar, and corset. All leather too. I'd even buy you the corset.

Something like a typical Eva photoshoot lol

EvaCassini
08-23-2013, 09:29 PM
lol well good sir...i know where you can find me that wardrobe... ;) Check out all 7 items there.

http://amzn.com/w/1NL065SADN3MQ

dderek123
08-23-2013, 09:44 PM
http://i.imgur.com/KaBv2aJ.jpg

EvaCassini
08-23-2013, 09:45 PM
Ben looks a bit lacquered! LMAO

Yeah
08-23-2013, 10:18 PM
Ill see it than give it praise or hell

dderek123
08-23-2013, 11:10 PM
http://i.imgur.com/IXxe5mY.jpg
If I had the opportunity I would play this character.

"Vhat killed ze dinosaurs?

Ze ICE AGE."

dderek123
08-23-2013, 11:40 PM
http://i.imgur.com/xilngDs.jpg

bte
08-23-2013, 11:47 PM
The same people that don't want Ben Affleck as Batman thought casting Heath Ledger was a bad idea as the Joker. People should just see the performance then make their own opinions then.

GroobySteven
08-23-2013, 11:59 PM
http://imgur.com/IboJVeA

Johnny.Blaze
08-24-2013, 12:07 AM
http://imgur.com/ibojvea

lmfao!!!

Corran
08-24-2013, 12:23 AM
First off, I knew Heath would nail the Joker. I saw what he was capable of as an actor. That said, I've seen what Affleck can do as an actor and this is gonna be George Clooney bad. Clooney almost killed the Batman franchise. Affleck just might be the one to finish it off.

EvaCassini
08-24-2013, 12:33 AM
im going to put some faith in Afflack for this, who knows...he may nail it. im hoping for it! :)

VictoriaVeil
08-24-2013, 12:38 AM
Hey He nails Jennifer Garner regularly. ANd it cant be worse than when he played daredevil... #justsayin

dderek123
08-24-2013, 12:46 AM
http://imgur.com/IboJVeA

http://i.imgur.com/B5kKjTg.jpg

nowist7
08-24-2013, 01:29 AM
I was really stunned by the Affleck casting as well, but I was also one of the ones that didn't believe in Ledger until we saw him in the Joker makeup. This time I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and see how he does.

Ben
08-24-2013, 01:52 AM
He should be OK. I mean Christian Bale was okay, too.
I liked Michael Keaton. Actually, liked the very first one. From '89. Well, thought Jack Nicholson was really good as the Joker....
Affleck has the height. Plus he'll bulk up. He should be fine.
I mean, who else could play Batman? Oh, what about Charlie Sheen -- ha ha! :)

dderek123
08-24-2013, 01:58 AM
I think Ed hardy could do well if he changed his look a little. Even though he just did Bane.

Ben
08-24-2013, 02:00 AM
He looked good as the Daredevil....
And Jennifer Garner looked OK as Elektra... ha, ha! :)

birdmountain
08-24-2013, 02:06 AM
I probably would have cast an unknown for the part, myself, but, yeah... I won't judge until I see Affleck on-screen. With that said, Keaton got the same backlash for the role in Burton's Batman, though, to be fair, it was right after starring as Beetlejuice. Anyways, more recently, Heath Ledger got some pretty heavy backlash for The Joker role prior to its release. So, it's no big deal to me. I'm more worried about Zack Snyder, to be honest. Man of Steel fell flat for me. Superman II: The Donner Cut still remains my fav. And for what it's worth, I personally didn't think Daredevil was all that terrible, but I digress..

-bird <3

tommy001
08-24-2013, 02:24 AM
[QUOTE=EvaCassini;1382273]lol well good sir...i know where you can find me that wardrobe... ;) Check out all 7 items there.

http://amzn.com/w/1NL065SADN3MQ[/

This looks nice
Amazon.com: Steampunk Corset (Medium): Clothing@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41XtILuUWRL.@@AMEPARAM@@41XtILuUWRL (http://www.amazon.com/Mystery-House-C1232-Steampunk-Corset/dp/B00BD4ID6U/ref=wl_it_dp_v_nS_nC?ie=UTF8&colid=1NL065SADN3MQ&coliid=I1GEUZ8LP873XF&psc=1)

EvaCassini
08-24-2013, 03:16 AM
yes it does, hence why its on my wishlist hehe :)

would you be able to get it for me? I will use it in some scenes for my upcoming site.

Johnny.Blaze
08-24-2013, 03:19 AM
im going to put some faith in Afflack for this, who knows...he may nail it. im hoping for it! :)

I'm with you 100% Eva. I say give the man a chance before you go shooting him down. I read today that he's already working out for the role and it's over a year away. I give him props for that kind of commitment.

Johnny.Blaze
08-24-2013, 03:26 AM
I probably would have cast an unknown for the part, myself, but, yeah... I won't judge until I see Affleck on-screen. With that said, Keaton got the same backlash for the role in Burton's Batman, though, to be fair, it was right after starring as Beetlejuice. Anyways, more recently, Heath Ledger got some pretty heavy backlash for The Joker role prior to its release. So, it's no big deal to me. I'm more worried about Zack Snyder, to be honest. Man of Steel fell flat for me. Superman II: The Donner Cut still remains my fav. And for what it's worth, I personally didn't think Daredevil was all that terrible, but I digress..

-bird <3

Oh how so very sexy it is when a girl knows her Super Hero movies...
Well said B.M :iagree:

Buddy Wood
08-24-2013, 03:32 AM
All you need to play Batman is a nice chin!! He's got that.

I don't see what people are freaking out about.

EvaCassini
08-24-2013, 03:33 AM
hahaha good one Buddy

Johnny.Blaze
08-24-2013, 03:37 AM
All you need to play Batman is a nice chin!! He's got that.

I don't see what people are freaking out about.

You need some plumpish lips also, don't forget - lol

maxpower
08-24-2013, 03:41 AM
Wow, Val Kilmer has really bloated up nicely in his middle age.

maxpower
08-24-2013, 03:43 AM
I think Ed hardy could do well if he changed his look a little. Even though he just did Bane.

That's Tom Hardy the actor, not Ed Hardy the lame clothing designer.

maxpower
08-24-2013, 03:50 AM

-bird <3

Thumbs up for The Donner Cut. After watching that and listening to Donner talk about how the first movie was originally supposed to go down (Lois not dying, no flying around the globe to rewind time, missile freeing Zod and Co. from Phantom Zone, etc.), I really want to see the Superman that Donner originally planned. It would be great. Curse the Salkinds for fucking with him and his vision.

dderek123
08-24-2013, 04:27 AM
That's Tom Hardy the actor, not Ed Hardy the lame clothing designer.

Woops, thanks man. I'm a dummy.

CORVETTEDUDE
08-24-2013, 04:30 AM
Wonder why they can't seem to hold the loyalty of one particular actor.

Johnny.Blaze
08-24-2013, 04:38 AM

Well to be fare, it's allot of work to do these movies. They take so long to make. And also, other projects come along. I'm surprised that Bale did as many as he did. I hope Affleck stays with this character. I mean, also plays batman when they do the justice league movie. Otherwise, whats the point...

sucka4chix
08-24-2013, 05:29 AM
A few points: Superman is THE superhero. Everyone else is a specialist.
Ed Hardy is not a clothing designer.
It takes more than a chin and good acting chops to play Batman. First of all, he's a superhero and no wimpy guy who was Mr J-Lo should ever be a super hero. He's good at drama, not action. Most importantly, HE HAS A BIG HEAD! THAT WAS HALF OF THE PROBLEM IN DAREDEVIL--he looked ridiculous, and he'll look ridiculous as Batman, just like Clooney did. It won't matter how good he does because this isn't radio, but a moving PICTURE and he won't look good in the cowl!

Ben
08-24-2013, 05:44 AM
Ben Affleck As Batman Provokes Furious Response - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAxnIis1nrc)

maxpower
08-24-2013, 05:51 AM
Superman is THE superhero. Everyone else is a specialist.

...Batman. First of all, he's a superhero...

So is Batman a superhero or a specialist?

Ed Hardy is not a clothing designer.

Well, there is a line of Ed Hardy clothing, and it's lame.

NightmareX0666
08-24-2013, 01:15 PM
Well to be fare, it's allot of work to do these movies. They take so long to make. And also, other projects come along. I'm surprised that Bale did as many as he did. I hope Affleck stays with this character. I mean, also plays batman when they do the justice league movie. Otherwise, whats the point...

Very true, I also think it also has to do with the director, I am a huge Sam Raimi fan but you can see he really was not into the 3rd Spider-man movie (the studio forced Venom on him and eventually would have introduced Carnage). Some actors are loyal to the director and the direction of the movies. Another side is the contract negotiations, actors who want to show their diverse acting abilities and not be typecast in a certain role. Not going to shoot down the idea of Affleck as Batman, would be cool to see Bruce Wayne give his version of the Boiler Room speech to his board of directors. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqDtf1aw818

dderek123
08-24-2013, 01:43 PM
That scene from the Boiler Room wasn't that great. It wasn't even well acted. Young man in a suit with a potty mouth. That would be a good way to play a young Bruce Wayne but not Batman.
Baldwins speech from Glengarry Glen Ross blows that crap from Affleck out of the water. But Alec is wayyy too old for Batman. But he would be a great slimy Gotham politician.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kZg_ALxEz0

sucka4chix
08-24-2013, 02:01 PM
So is Batman a superhero or a specialist?

Well, there is a line of Ed Hardy clothing, and it's lame.
Touché. I shoulda said Batman is a "Superhero". My point being the part is for a so-called superhero, which Affleck doesn't seem to fit. Batman is a specialist. You call the Justice League to ask for Supe. If he's not around you settle.

There are many things with Ed Hardy's designs on them including a line of human beings that is probably lame as well.

alpha2117
08-24-2013, 02:27 PM

They can but lets face it anymore than 3 movies is normally too much for most people. It's years of your life. Connery wanted out of Bond after Goldfinger but was contractually obligated for Thunderball etc etc.

Jackman has done a lot of Wolverine work but the guy is a beast and just loves to work.

Keaton would have done the 3rd Batman but Burton left and Keaton didn't want to work with Schumacher (good call). Kilmer was ordinary and Clooney worse but they were hampered by the sheer awfulness of the directors vision and the terrible scripts. Bale did his 3 and despite his shocking lack of charisma they were okay largely thanks to the talent around him.

Snyder is a decent director and Affleck has reached the point in his career where he could play Batman and carry it off. The issue with Daredevil is they couldn't decide on the tone - thats why Farrell stole the film because he went balls out psycho as Bullseye and was able to make you almost still like the guy which was a hell of a feat. Affleck was stuck with the heavy lifting role on Daredevil where he had to carry a narrative that didn't have a good enough script where Farrell could jsut riff in a few scenes.

PeePeeLover
08-24-2013, 03:20 PM
I'm a DC guy over Marvel and was really hoping that "Man of Steel" would rebuild DC and get things rolling up to the Justice League movie. When I heard the next Superman movie was going to have Batman in it I thought FINALLY! Now having seen Ben Affleck is Batman I think they just sunk that ship. Sorry but 90% of DC and Batman fans do not want this guy in any of their movies. Shame too because Man of Steel was a great reboot to the DC Universe. Now they have no chance at competing with Marvel and the Avengers. I would rather Casey Affleck and that's pushing it too.

alpha2117
08-24-2013, 04:25 PM
I'm a DC guy over Marvel and was really hoping that "Man of Steel" would rebuild DC and get things rolling up to the Justice League movie. When I heard the next Superman movie was going to have Batman in it I thought FINALLY! Now having seen Ben Affleck is Batman I think they just sunk that ship. Sorry but 90% of DC and Batman fans do not want this guy in any of their movies. Shame too because Man of Steel was a great reboot to the DC Universe. Now they have no chance at competing with Marvel and the Avengers. I would rather Casey Affleck and that's pushing it too.

That is absolute rubbish. People just pull out figures like 90% out of their ass. In reality most people are always willing to wait and see - it's only the vocal minority who whine about things before they happen.

If whining fanboys had their way

No Beetlejuice Batman
No Song and Dance Man Wolverine
No Brokeback Joker
No Ex Drunk, Ex Junkie Has Been Iron Man
No guy who sucked in Fantastic Four Captain America
No who the hell is Chris Hemsworth Thor
No what the heck is a Hiddleston Loki
No Hulk in Avengers - they just cant do that character on film.
No X-Men First Class because who wants to see young walking Xavier
No Englishman as Supernman

People actually think that the small vocal minority on the internet is indicative of society as a whole and dont actually realise that for the average superhero fan Ben Affleck seems a solid enough choice. He looks the part, can act and is coming off the career best work with Argo. If you went out and asked 100 people in the real world you wont get 90% telling you it's a terrible choice. People might have preferred Hamm, Butler or any of the names bandies about but not all that many of them would be anywhere near as negative about Affleck as some fanboys are.

It would be like someone claiming that 90% of people want to have sex with transsexuals based purely on the opinions of people on this board.

EvaCassini
08-24-2013, 04:32 PM
i find it funny how people think "Man of Steel" was a good movie ( other than simple eye candy ).

It wasn't "Superman". I get the whole deal of making a "darker" type superhero movie but with Superman, it is hard to do. It worked for Batman...because fuck, Batman is dark! Superman is not!

First of all,
-Why didn't Superman save anyone from a burning building.
-Why did he say "mother fucker"?
-Why did he allow the total destruction of Metropolis?
-Why did we care for Lois Lane and Lawrence Fishburne?
-Why did Kevin Costner's "soul" not die?
-Why wasn't Kevin Costner a drunk Marlon Brando?
-Why is Superman Earth's protector, when like the only people he saved was Lois in the destruction of Metropolis, and when he threatened the military?
-Where's the red underwear? ( Chris Reeves was more of a man for wearing his red panties on the outside )

See what I mean? I'm not a fan of DC, but that wasn't Superman.

NightmareX0666
08-24-2013, 04:48 PM
That scene from the Boiler Room wasn't that great. It wasn't even well acted. Young man in a suit with a potty mouth. That would be a good way to play a young Bruce Wayne but not Batman.
Baldwins speech from Glengarry Glen Ross blows that crap from Affleck out of the water. But Alec is wayyy too old for Batman. But he would be a great slimy Gotham politician.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kZg_ALxEz0

When I did sales over the phone and then jumped to the mortgage arena both scenes had its influences. Yeah I could see Alec being a politician, just wished I knew more about the DC universe to think of which character it would be.

alpha2117
08-24-2013, 05:32 PM
he'd be a great Maxwell Lord

Quiet Reflections
08-24-2013, 06:00 PM
THis is what you said...let me add my points in bold red lol...

Mr fantastic ( not great, but not more worse )
squirrel girl ( sure )
aquaman ( sure )
green arrow ( sure )
aqualad ( sure )
Iron man ( FUCK NO. He's a real person, with real problems. I will defend Ironman for eons, he's my favorite. )
Hawkman ( sure )
Falcon ( He's ok but not bad )
and thats just to start

Superman is the worst hero ( Well known hero ) because...

Indestructibility - Nothing can harm him...at all, unless it's Kryptonite or another Kryptonian ( how much/many of those are there? Not much )

Moral Absolutism - He has no values of his own. He seems to only uphold those values of the high elite in human society.

Symbol of "Hope"? - Hope my ass. The thing he stands for is to be the substitute for humans helping each other. He is a literal god compared to humans. That being said, how have god-like beings in the real world turn out? How have they helped? Imagine if Superman was real...beating up terrorists, saving whales, pummeling robbers, ripping the penis' off of pedos. Where is this hope? He basically solves and resolves any problem and leaves we humans to not do anything, we just need help from harm. Please Superman help me, save me...Why can't other humans learn from this "hope" and help each other out and come up with some kind of team of people who protect the innocents...sounds like S.H.I.E.L.D eh? LOL

Powers - Not earned! Given to him by his people. Seemingly limitless ( because there are stars everywhere... ). TOO MANY. He has nothing to prove.

In closing...
The only thing Superman is good for is Coke. I'll explain. He markets well like Coke doesn't he? Of coarse he does. Who doesn't want to drink coke, who doesn't wish they were Superman or had at least 1-15 of his powers. He is an American Icon. Everyone knows Superman as well as they know Coke.

Wonder why no aliens has come down and made contact with us, helped us, annihilated us? It's because of ALL the radio transmissions they hear in space about Superman. They most likely believe he is real and feel like we are fine and do need help ( We have Superman, he helps us ), don't need to conquer us ( We have Superman, he already did )

There are a lot of kryptonians actually as there was an entire city of them that were not blown up. Also the inhabitants of the planet Daxam are kryptonian

His powers werent givin to him, his natural abilities are enhanced by the earths yellow sun. Krypton had a red sun so everyone on the planet just seemed normal.

He is not morally absolute, he killed doomsday

That hope shit is crap and has only been around since the early to mid 2000's

also there are tons of guys that have kicked supes ass, hell lobo has the same power rating and supergirl's power rating is even higher

he is great for coke. but I don't drink coke and I would rather have the Power Cosmic than superman's powers

it seems that neither of us like superman sooooooo OK

TheGuard
08-24-2013, 08:03 PM
i find it funny how people think "Man of Steel" was a good movie ( other than simple eye candy ).

It wasn't "Superman". I get the whole deal of making a "darker" type superhero movie but with Superman, it is hard to do. It worked for Batman...because fuck, Batman is dark! Superman is not!

First of all,
-Why didn't Superman save anyone from a burning building.
-Why did he say "mother fucker"?
-Why did he allow the total destruction of Metropolis?
-Why did we care for Lois Lane and Lawrence Fishburne?
-Why did Kevin Costner's "soul" not die?
-Why wasn't Kevin Costner a drunk Marlon Brando?
-Why is Superman Earth's protector, when like the only people he saved was Lois in the destruction of Metropolis, and when he threatened the military?
-Where's the red underwear? ( Chris Reeves was more of a man for wearing his red panties on the outside )

See what I mean? I'm not a fan of DC, but that wasn't Superman.

-?
-When the fuck did he say that, did we see a different movie?
-Good point there, learning curve.
-There's a pathos to the characters, at least I was connected and I like that they aren't making Lois blind to the disguise.
-Assuming you mean Russel Crowe, his Jor-El is an AI construct, not his soul, advanced technology and all that.
-?
-Because he stopped the Krptonians from completely transforming earth making it unlivable for humans and wiping our our entire species. Chose his adopted planet over him biological one.
-No one will ever be a better than Reeve, but Cavill duid a fine job and the suit, while not compltely faithful retained most of the iconic elements, I'm ok with the panties going.

All in all not a perfect movie, but a good effort, much needed reboot.

tommy001
08-24-2013, 08:10 PM
yes it does, hence why its on my wishlist hehe :)

would you be able to get it for me? I will use it in some scenes for my upcoming site.

There's a Birthday's coming up soon, Oh i know when it is, watch this space lol.

EvaCassini
08-24-2013, 08:20 PM
These guys are the best at movie reviews. To get to the part where they start talking about the movie skip to time-stamp 4:30. That will skip the "in show" storyline that you wouldn't understand unless you keep up with this show.

Half in the Bag Episode 55: Man of Steel - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4u-HLm8maE)

EvaCassini
08-24-2013, 08:21 PM
There's a Birthday's coming up soon, Oh i know when it is, watch this space lol.

hehehe yes sir, i keep forgetting my birthday is coming up fast...only 3 fucking months away, then I'll be 25! :D

tommy001
08-24-2013, 08:31 PM
hehehe yes sir, i keep forgetting my birthday is coming up fast...only 3 fucking months away, then I'll be 25! :D

A wee bit less that 3 months, I know the very date lol, Your fans like to find out these things!!

EvaCassini
08-24-2013, 08:43 PM
well, yeah about 2 months and a few days ... lol idky i added in the whole month of Nov, when I only needed to count 9 days lol

philipsfrog
08-24-2013, 09:00 PM
This could be good if it gets him to write the script for Batman vs Superman and to direct future Batman and JL movies

MHarrigan82
08-24-2013, 09:17 PM
Hopefully Affleck will polish the script and make it better than what Snyder and Goyer will write. He is a solid director and should direct Justice League and a Batman solo film. I would love to see his Batman in the tone of Arkham Asylum. I would love to see a solo batman in that tone. The Nolan version was fine but I would to see a Batman film where we see how good of an detective Batman is and more martial artist. A film like Batman The Animated Series or The Arkham Asylum video games more supernatural and fantasy.

MHarrigan82
08-24-2013, 09:19 PM
I also think WB should have gotten Josh Brolin, Karl Urban, or Jon Hamm if they wanted an older seasoned Batman.

EvaCassini
08-24-2013, 09:33 PM
you know what....IF....they bring back the Joker, which they should...I know who could portray that character perfectly.....

Mark Hamill!

He has been the Joker since 92'.

maxpower
08-24-2013, 09:36 PM
Touché. I shoulda said Batman is a "Superhero". My point being the part is for a so-called superhero, which Affleck doesn't seem to fit. Batman is a specialist. You call the Justice League to ask for Supe. If he's not around you settle.

There are many things with Ed Hardy's designs on them including a line of human beings that is probably lame as well.

I get you on point 1...LOL on point 2.

maxpower
08-24-2013, 09:44 PM
That is absolute rubbish. People just pull out figures like 90% out of their ass. In reality most people are always willing to wait and see - it's only the vocal minority who whine about things before they happen.

If whining fanboys had their way

No Beetlejuice Batman
No Song and Dance Man Wolverine
No Brokeback Joker
No Ex Drunk, Ex Junkie Has Been Iron Man
No guy who sucked in Fantastic Four Captain America
No who the hell is Chris Hemsworth Thor
No what the heck is a Hiddleston Loki
No Hulk in Avengers - they just cant do that character on film.
No X-Men First Class because who wants to see young walking Xavier
No Englishman as Supernman

People actually think that the small vocal minority on the internet is indicative of society as a whole and dont actually realise that for the average superhero fan Ben Affleck seems a solid enough choice. He looks the part, can act and is coming off the career best work with Argo. If you went out and asked 100 people in the real world you wont get 90% telling you it's a terrible choice. People might have preferred Hamm, Butler or any of the names bandies about but not all that many of them would be anywhere near as negative about Affleck as some fanboys are.

It would be like someone claiming that 90% of people want to have sex with transsexuals based purely on the opinions of people on this board.

This.

up_for_it
08-24-2013, 09:58 PM
Get ready for the return of the Michael Keaton style of Batman...

Ben
08-25-2013, 02:57 AM
5 REASONS WHY BEN AFFLECK SHOULDN'T BE BATMAN - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5dP5CaZdxE)

BBaggins06
08-25-2013, 07:41 AM
These guys are the best at movie reviews. To get to the part where they start talking about the movie skip to time-stamp 4:30. That will skip the "in show" storyline that you wouldn't understand unless you keep up with this show.

Half in the Bag Episode 55: Man of Steel - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4u-HLm8maE)

Red Letter Media is da bomb, yo! :)

EvaCassini
08-25-2013, 07:44 AM
Red Letter Media is da bomb, yo! :)

Fuck yeah! Nice to see a fellow Plinketteer! :) hehehe "Ahhh, Fuck movies!" lmao

dderek123
08-26-2013, 03:05 AM
They should have hired Sloth from The Goonies for the job.

http://i.imgur.com/V1DCK1Q.jpg

Hey youuu guuyyyyyyys!

Johnny.Blaze
08-28-2013, 08:58 AM
A shot of Ben Affleck as he would look as Bat Man. At least head wise...
I think he looks pretty sweet...