PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye Eastcoast..Hello Cali! =)

Hara_Juku Tgirl
05-25-2006, 10:32 PM
Just wondering if there are anyone here that is from the Los Angeles area, California? How is it for transgenders over there? I have a brother, a few cousin and a gay guy high school friend out there. But never been to LA. I know San Francisco has a high tolerance with TG's (I went to visit and stayed in the downtown area last time)..Is it the same with LA? And what part of LA is or are best for Transexuals? What are the bad seedy area's that needs to be avoided :?:

Im anticipating a move end of July (after watching Madonna at the MSG) IF everything pans out/pushes through. :wink:

~Kisses.

HTG

skyler
05-25-2006, 11:50 PM
hope all goes well hara :D

Hara_Juku Tgirl
05-26-2006, 01:15 AM
Why are you leaving the Tri-state area?

Because Im sick of the weather? :lol: LOL. Seriously, Its supposed to be summer by now and all we get are rains and thunderstorms and its depressing really. LOL.

So Im going to somewhere nice and sunny all year round for a change Mike. :wink:

~Kisses.

HTG

xxMelania4uxx
05-26-2006, 01:53 AM
As for me When i Visited Cali the LA Area, Once i got off the Plane i never wanted 2 return 2 NYC. Its Sooo Nice The Air, the Whole Scene is Awesome. So Nice that i really wanna relocate out there myself. But u should go for Vacation first and u'd see...

Josh_in_L.A
05-26-2006, 02:01 AM
I live in L.A and don't know much about the whole t/s scene here as I am new to all of this, but this city and state for the most part is VERY liberal so I don't think you would have a hard time here at all.

If you need someone to show you around hit me up! ;)

Ecstatic
05-26-2006, 02:02 AM
Good luck with your move, HTG. The place in LA is supposed to be Peanuts, but I'm sure Felicia or some others can offer more details.

Hara_Juku Tgirl
05-26-2006, 02:48 AM
As for me When i Visited Cali the LA Area, Once i got off the Plane i never wanted 2 return 2 NYC. Its Sooo Nice The Air, the Whole Scene is Awesome. So Nice that i really wanna relocate out there myself. But u should go for Vacation first and u'd see...

Hey thanks Mel. I went for vacation in SF awhile back and loved it there. I suppose LA is a bit different tho being its alot hotter and maybe crowded? Tho my brother and cousins were vouching that its a nice place (around their area) so Im just trusting their inputs if anything. The weather we have here in the Eastcoast is getting really weird lately.

I live in L.A and don't know much about the whole t/s scene here as I am new to all of this, but this city and state for the most part is VERY liberal so I don't think you would have a hard time here at all.

If you need someone to show you around hit me up! ;)

Umm..PM me and well coordinate off the boards Josh. Im planning on moving end of July/1st of August. :wink:

See ya there!

Good luck with your move, HTG. The place in LA is supposed to be Peanuts, but I'm sure Felicia or some others can offer more details.

Thanks Ecstatic..Hmm Peanuts! Im liking the sound of it already! LOL :lol: :wink:

~Kisses.

HTG

Perverted Monk
05-26-2006, 03:04 AM
Hello Hara,

Im an Eastcoast expatriate myself (Providence,RI) and I've been living out here for 12 yrs. with no plans of moving back soon.

Great thing about L.A. is that the snowy mountians, the desert, and the beach are all with a couple hours drive. Its a very spread-out city, so you will need a car to get from point A to point B. Even in the winter, the weather will always be tolerable, but after living here for a few years, your blood will thin out and you will think that 55 degrees is cold.

It is more pretentious the most cities, but it is very liberal and very tgirl friendly. Come out here sweety, we can never have a enough of you fine ladies.

trannilover
05-26-2006, 03:10 AM
we are pretty liberal here but its not san fransico or new orleans!

its also very expensive here, so just keep that in mind.

west hollywood is where you want to be if you want the most liberal people...its the 'gay' district.

but it also happens to be the hippest place if you want to go to clubs and such....but once again...rent will be expensive.

but im in san fernado valley and there are many ts' here too!

anyways enjoy your move, and if you need to talk about anything hit me up!

Hara_Juku Tgirl
05-26-2006, 03:34 AM
Hello Hara,

Im an Eastcoast expatriate myself (Providence,RI) and I've been living out here for 12 yrs. with no plans of moving back soon.

Great thing about L.A. is that the snowy mountians, the desert, and the beach are all with a couple hours drive. Its a very spread-out city, so you will need a car to get from point A to point B. Even in the winter, the weather will always be tolerable, but after living here for a few years, your blood will thin out and you will think that 55 degrees is cold.

It is more pretentious the most cities, but it is very liberal and very tgirl friendly. Come out here sweety, we can never have a enough of you fine ladies.

Thats all very great to hear Perverted Monk. Im not too sure if Im driving around the streets of LA. Ive a phobia driving cars to be honest since my Dad's cars got hit by some lunatic at an intersection awhile back (passenger side) with me on it! But I know I can get rides from my brother (he drives) or from guys if I need them without a problem. :wink: LOL So not really much worried about it. Im more worried finding an apt. to get settled in first then a job shortly right after. 8)

we are pretty liberal here but its not san fransico or new orleans!

its also very expensive here, so just keep that in mind.

west hollywood is where you want to be if you want the most liberal people...its the 'gay' district.

but it also happens to be the hippest place if you want to go to clubs and such....but once again...rent will be expensive.

but im in san fernado valley and there are many ts' here too!

anyways enjoy your move, and if you need to talk about anything hit me up!

Thanks for the inputs trannilover. West Hollywood might be an option. I got a gay guy high school friend who lives in the Valley and I heard its nice over there. But a bit more$ rent wise. I already knew its more expensive than the Eastcoast but it shouldnt be that far off from NYC in terms of rental cost and living expenses I would think. Im prepared for it. Girls always will do, what a girls gotta do! :wink:

~Kisses.

HTG

Josh_in_L.A
05-26-2006, 03:52 AM
Umm..PM me and well coordinate off the boards Josh. Im planning on moving end of July/1st of August. :wink:

See ya there!

HTG

Sounds great, I am also a Mortague Broker so if you need any help in that dept I can help out.

Hara_Juku Tgirl
05-26-2006, 04:12 AM
Sounds great, I am also a Mortague Broker so if you need any help in that dept I can help out.

LOL@a sales pitch :lol: Thanks! A bodybuilder and mortgage broker..Interesting. Though not buying a place just yet sweety..needs to see how LA is first. :wink:

~Kisses.

HTG

Ecstatic
05-26-2006, 06:08 AM
Hmm, I wouldn't be so quick to say that LA is more expensive than the East Coast (depending on where you are out East, that is). Boston currently has the third highest real estate market in the country after Honolulu and San Francisco (though Orange Cty, Boston, and NYC are so close that it's splitting hairs). You may actually save money compared to NY rents!

Personally I hate LA and would much rather live in the Bay Area.

Hara_Juku Tgirl
05-26-2006, 07:30 AM
Very good point Ecstatic. ;)

~Kisses.

HTG

Perverted Monk
05-26-2006, 05:56 PM
Hmm, I wouldn't be so quick to say that LA is more expensive than the East Coast (depending on where you are out East, that is). Boston currently has the third highest real estate market in the country after Honolulu and San Francisco (though Orange Cty, Boston, and NYC are so close that it's splitting hairs). You may actually save money compared to NY rents!

Personally I hate LA and would much rather live in the Bay Area.

I don't know about that Ecstatic,

My Pops still lives in Boston (JP). And I know prices were pretty high there, but it was nothing like I seen when I was house hunting here in L.A. about 8 months ago. I mean, we're talking about 3 bdrms for $550k and up. And these weren't even in the prime areas :shock: These same places were almost half that much 4 yrs ago. I ended up rented with hopes of the bubble bursting (some say prices are going back down)

Hara_Juku Tgirl
05-26-2006, 08:49 PM
Thanks for all the guys and gals who gave me good inputs/leads about LA (on this thread) and for the wonderful and supportive PM's I got. ;)

~Kisses.

HTG

djbj_2_2_69
05-27-2006, 12:08 PM
West Hollywood is the "gay part of town" and everyone is very accepting.
NoHo (North Hollywood) should also be a place you look at.
Pretty much anywhere in LA should be fairly TS friendly. Just stay out of places like Watts, Inglewood, Compton, places like that. Some parts of Long Beach, near downtown have gotten VERY nice.

While you don't NEED a car here, I recommend it. Public Transit is going to be horrible from what you are used to in NYC. Although I do hear the Metro Rail system is getting better.

I live in Orange County (yes The OC) and getting a crappy house in a bad area is still going to run you around $400-$500k.

Hara_Juku Tgirl
05-28-2006, 11:48 AM
West Hollywood is the "gay part of town" and everyone is very accepting.

NoHo (North Hollywood) should also be a place you look at.
Pretty much anywhere in LA should be fairly TS friendly. Just stay out of places like Watts, Inglewood, Compton, places like that. Some parts of Long Beach, near downtown have gotten VERY nice.

While you don't NEED a car here, I recommend it. Public Transit is going to be horrible from what you are used to in NYC. Although I do hear the Metro Rail system is getting better.

Thanks for the good advice djbj_2_2_69. I appreciate it! :D

~Kisses.

HTG