PDA

View Full Version : Breaking Bad coming back on 8/11!

LilyRox
08-06-2013, 11:48 PM
Anyone else really excited? :D

Went to their site to see some stuff and found a Breaking Bad name generator.

Look at this, so awesome:

"YO" haha

http://imageshack.com/a/img689/9440/e6je.jpg (http://imageshack.com/i/j5e6jej/)

Odelay
08-07-2013, 12:31 AM
Yttrium & Oxygen? How flammable is that combination? (Not rhetorical - I really don't know.) As for BB and WW, I'll be looking forward to seeing how they wrap this series.

Toadily
08-07-2013, 01:26 AM
I have a feeling it is going to flop this year like Weeds did on it's last year.

youngblood61
08-07-2013, 01:31 AM
Anyone else really excited? :D

Went to their site to see some stuff and found a Breaking Bad name generator.

Look at this, so awesome:

"YO" haha

http://imageshack.com/a/img689/9440/e6je.jpg (http://imageshack.com/i/j5e6jej/)Does it have that great interlude music Lily lol?

LilyRox
08-07-2013, 01:31 AM
However it ends I'm sure it's going to be one hell of a blood bath. Walter really needs to kill Skyler, I don't know if I can take anymore of her whining.

youngblood61
08-07-2013, 01:33 AM
This WILL not flop like weeds. Can't wait for Sunday!:)

Odelay
08-07-2013, 02:32 AM
Hard to top the face off btwn Gus Fring and Walter.

youngblood61
08-07-2013, 03:33 AM
Hard to top the face off btwn Gus Fring and Walter.Agree, but the writers are so great it's possible. How about a face off between Jesse and Walt, or Walt and Hank? Walt must go either way!

rickinoc
08-07-2013, 05:34 AM
caaaan't wait for it!!!! Its goinna be a cat and mouse game between Hank and Walt.
Hank knows about Walt, and Walt will find out that Hank knows and both will play stupid when they are around eachother but they both know.

Looking forward to it!!!

ledbelly
08-07-2013, 06:49 AM
Go get 'em Hank

robertlouis
08-07-2013, 04:07 PM
Finally catching up with the first two series on dvd, courtesy of Tesco at eight quid a pop.

Stunning, and I can honestly say that I've never, ever seen anything quite like it. The same visceral impact and immediate fascination that The Wire had for me, and I can't think of higher praise than that. Brian Cranston is incredible.

up_for_it
08-07-2013, 04:28 PM
I can't wait! I have to admit I only started watching the show this summer on Netflix but I've become addicted like a crank head. I agree with Robert Louis-it's got to be the best show out there besides The Wire. It doesn't skimp on details and examines a host of personal issues while managing to remain darkly humorous. Best show currently on TV.

Mad Stacks Yo!

youngblood61
08-07-2013, 04:38 PM
Wire A, Breaking Bad 1A. If these final 8 are great BB might go top of the list! Nobody up until now came close to the Wire, at least for me.

azamet
08-09-2013, 06:00 AM
8 more episodes ! who dies where? It looks like Walt walks away, everyone else? Can't wait!!

LilyRox
08-11-2013, 10:45 PM
Breaking Bad comes back tonight!

Can't. Fucking. Wait.

youngblood61
08-13-2013, 02:52 PM
Walt and Hank, so intense. Hank could have killed him in the garage! Solid episode, somehow I think Lidia screws Walt because he turned down her offer. Great show.

up_for_it
08-13-2013, 08:53 PM
Walt and Hank, so intense. Hank could have killed him in the garage! Solid episode, somehow I think Lidia screws Walt because he turned down her offer. Great show.

Agreed. This is going to be Hank's season.

flabbybody
08-26-2013, 07:53 PM
"It's always a desert" Saul

Ms.Stepford
08-26-2013, 08:29 PM
Shit was so good last night. When Hank and Marie watched the confession everyone I was watching with was wide-eyed and covering their mouths to hold back the 'godDAMMMNs'.

up_for_it
08-26-2013, 10:26 PM
Shit was so good last night. When Hank and Marie watched the confession everyone I was watching with was wide-eyed and covering their mouths to hold back the 'godDAMMMNs'.

Yep. I'm starting to wonder just how much vision Walter has. After the whole ricin thing with the kid, he might have roped Hank in on purpose by paying his medical bills. Now that the ABs are setting up their own operation and need a competent cook its on- I'm guessing they're why Walter bought an M-60 on the opening episode.

LilyRox
08-26-2013, 10:42 PM
I feel bad for jesse :(

http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopoly_fs/1.1422742.1376078794!/img/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_635/article-breakingbad-0811.jpg

Slipppy
08-26-2013, 11:04 PM
The actress who plays Hanks wife is gorgeous

LilyRox
08-26-2013, 11:23 PM
The actress who plays Hanks wife is gorgeous

Yeah she is xD. Thoughts on Skyler?

flabbybody
08-26-2013, 11:39 PM
I feel bad for jesse :(

http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopoly_fs/1.1422742.1376078794!/img/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_635/article-breakingbad-0811.jpg
did you really think Walt would let him live? That daddy hug in the desert was as fake as his confession tape.

Skyler is hot.

LilyRox
08-26-2013, 11:56 PM
did you really think Walt would let him live? That daddy hug in the desert was as fake as his confession tape.

Skyler is hot.

Yup at this point Walt is willing to take anyone down to save his ass. It's kind of strange during the pilot episode Walter was viewed as this kind man dying from cancer and Jesse was this rebel that broke all the rules. The show has completely went 180 degrees around. Now Walter is even worst than Gus ever was and Jesse is to the point where he would rather die poor than take blood money, even if it's millions. Jesse has really become one of the most heart caring people in the entire show while all his friends die like Jane, Brock, and Mike. :/

youngblood61
08-27-2013, 01:41 AM
Amazing last night, also the start of Walt's demise.Does Jessie go back to Hank and talk, or does he go after Walt himself. Looks like he is about to torch his House at the end. Agree with Lily this show has flipped, Jesse now is the conscious of this great show.

tao1kiku
08-27-2013, 01:42 AM
Just caught episode 11 of season 5. Damn it's getting devious with Walt's "confession". Still trying to figure out how they are going to get to the point where Walter (as seen in the foreshadowing scenes) finds the need to buy an M60 machine gun (which is damned powerful) along with a few hundred rounds of 7.62mm ammo and has a completely different look and ID..

youngblood61
08-27-2013, 01:45 AM
Just caught episode 11 of season 5. Damn it's getting devious with Walt's "confession". Still trying to figure out how they are going to get to the point where Walter (as seen in the foreshadowing scenes) finds the need to buy an M60 machine gun (which is damned powerful) along with a few hundred rounds of 7.62mm ammo and has a completely different look and ID..I think Todd's Uncle's crew is after him. Probably on orders from Lidia.

LilyRox
08-27-2013, 02:21 AM
Come to think of it Jesse has been so depressed I don't think I've heard him say "Bitch" all season. o.o

flabbybody
08-27-2013, 03:38 AM
so brilliant when we're in Hank and Marie's living room watching Walt's "confession" on their TV. It was one of those drawer dropping moments, literally.. I lost my breath watching these two people blind sided. Hank's face when he realizes how bad he's been played

youngblood61
08-27-2013, 03:42 AM
so brilliant when we're in Hank and Marie's living room watching Walt's "confession" on their TV. It was one of those drawer dropping moments, literally.. I lost my breath watching these two people blind sided. Hank's face when he realizes how bad he's been playedBrillant scene, Hank found out just how evil Walt is!

tao1kiku
08-27-2013, 04:09 AM
Such a beautiful play that was, the way he wrapped all the events around Hank being the one running the operation, Walt being the victim. And the lovely bow on top, all of Hank's medical bills were paid for by the drug money! Weasel out of that knot Hank!

maxpower
08-27-2013, 05:45 AM
Just thought I'd throw this out there.

Breaking Bad Aaron Paul on The Price is Right - As A Contestant - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SEL27xiJGQ)

LilyRox
08-27-2013, 08:10 AM
just thought i'd throw this out there.

breaking bad aaron paul on the price is right - as a contestant - youtube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sel27xijgq)

yeahhhhhhhhhhhhh bitch!

dderek123
08-27-2013, 02:49 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UUD3zyu7Ek

LilyRox
08-27-2013, 03:01 PM
Haha omg that's genius. Inb4MassConfessionClips

flabbybody
08-27-2013, 04:07 PM
how do you post the youtube on facebook, as opposed to just posting the link like LilyRox did ?
if you respond, please take it slow and step by step (I'm challenged).

thx in advance

dderek123
08-27-2013, 08:48 PM
Yo flabby,

I just post the links into the spot where i would update my status (the spot on your facebook page were people write "woah drank so much last weekend blah blah blah").

I find that works just fine.

There is an alternative method. When you are watching a clip on youtube you can post it from there. Just click on where it says 'share' then something will pop up and then you should be able to click on facebook. Once you click on that you can just enter in your facebook password and username and it will post to your facebook account.

There are other tricks. But just get started with that and then the rest you'll figure out as you go.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=5xm7fFMCCHU#t=23

youngblood61
08-28-2013, 12:45 AM
The fun is just beginning,5 more episodes!

LilyRox
08-28-2013, 12:52 AM
The fun is just beginning,5 more episodes!

Wow 5 episodes it's so hard to believe. So excited and sad.

youngblood61
08-28-2013, 02:42 AM
Wow 5 episodes it's so hard to believe. So excited and sad.Yeah, Amc has a huge hole to fill, although Low winter sun has got my attention. But no show will be able to replace BB imo!

maxpower
08-30-2013, 09:51 AM
Honest Trailers - Breaking Bad - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDqGAUvWKkU)

LilyRox
09-09-2013, 07:29 PM
Ok really. Who watched Breaking Bad last night? OMG best episode ever

littlenookie
09-09-2013, 08:22 PM
OMG last night was great....what a freakin spot for a cliffhanger too!!!!!

LilyRox
09-09-2013, 08:53 PM
I know right. I was about ready to scream when I saw Vince's name pop up on the screen. I was like fuckkkk! xD

lordworm
09-10-2013, 06:16 AM
Episode felt like 20 minutes.

dennisreynolds
09-10-2013, 10:03 AM
So someone is definitely dying. My moneys on Gomie, but then again that Hank/Marie phone call seems to indicate Hanks imminent death. Either this week long wait is going to be harsh

flabbybody
09-12-2013, 11:15 PM
how can Hank possibly survive the barrage of gunfire from Jack and his crew?

youngblood61
09-13-2013, 12:33 AM
I think Gomie as well, but this show is always full of surprises. Maybe Todd gets it, don't like that Dude. Great Sunday!

fred41
09-13-2013, 02:19 AM
how can Hank possibly survive the barrage of gunfire from Jack and his crew?

It was an excellent episode...but in real life none of them would have survived that barrage....including Walter.

How many of you were screaming in your heads.." Don't go Walter, it's a trap!!!...they can't know where the money is, you're supposed to be smarter than that!!!!"...lol

love this show.

LilyRox
09-13-2013, 03:03 AM
Although Breaking Bad is ending soon this is not the end to all of Breaking Bad cast characters! A little piece of Breaking Bad is being born into production as we speak...:

"AMC confirmed yesterday that it struck a deal with Sony Pictures Television for a “Breaking Bad” spinoff series centered upon Walter White’s delightfully smarmy lawyer, Saul Goodman. The wisecracking attorney, played by the comedian Bob Odenkirk, débuted on the show’s second season, and has since helped Walter out of numerous jams with his gift for dodging the law while practicing it. Saul has also provided many essential moments of zinger-filled comic relief—“That’s what the kids call ‘epic fail’ ”; “Rocky called: he wants his face back”—in the show’s most torturously dark moments.

The idea for the spinoff—whose working title, “Better Call Saul,” comes from Goodman’s unctuous tagline—was developed by the “Breaking Bad” creator Vince Gilligan and the writer-producer Peter Gould, who wrote the character’s first episode. AMC, in yesterday’s press release, announced that the show will be a “one-hour prequel” focussing on Goodman’s character before he became entangled with White—a format that leaves the character’s fate on “Breaking Bad,” along with everybody else’s, still uncertain. (The third-to-last episode of the series airs this Sunday.)

Rumors of a Goodman spinoff have been circulating since at least last year, when Gilligan said in an interview with IndieWire that he and Odenkirk had discussed the idea. “I like the idea of a lawyer show in which the main lawyer will do anything it takes to stay out of a court of law,” he said. This past April, Deadline Hollywood reported that the project was developing, leading to speculation about whether the crooked, goofy character will work when he’s no longer a foil to a murderous meth lord.

Goodman, meanwhile, has established a robust presence on the Internet. On a fake business Web site that AMC created for the character—featuring a garish orange-and-yellow color scheme and a banner reading “Welcome lawbreakers!”—you can watch “As Seen on TV” commercials, an office webcam, and a series of fake testimonials and consultations demonstrating Goodman’s professional wherewithal. (In the video below, he offers advice on how to escape charges of illegal tiger possession.) Odenkirk—a former “S.N.L.” writer who, with David Cross, created the nineties cult sketch-comedy show “Mr. Show”—brings an affable charm to the character’s lawyerly sleaze. He makes you root for Goodman even though he’s the kind of lawyer you instinctively despise when you see ads for them on the subway. A new breed of anti-hero, perhaps?"

youngblood61
09-13-2013, 03:06 AM
Although Breaking Bad is ending soon this is not the end to all of Breaking Bad cast characters! A little piece of Breaking Bad is being born into production as we speak...:

"AMC confirmed yesterday that it struck a deal with Sony Pictures Television for a “Breaking Bad” spinoff series centered upon Walter White’s delightfully smarmy lawyer, Saul Goodman. The wisecracking attorney, played by the comedian Bob Odenkirk, débuted on the show’s second season, and has since helped Walter out of numerous jams with his gift for dodging the law while practicing it. Saul has also provided many essential moments of zinger-filled comic relief—“That’s what the kids call ‘epic fail’ ”; “Rocky called: he wants his face back”—in the show’s most torturously dark moments.

The idea for the spinoff—whose working title, “Better Call Saul,” comes from Goodman’s unctuous tagline—was developed by the “Breaking Bad” creator Vince Gilligan and the writer-producer Peter Gould, who wrote the character’s first episode. AMC, in yesterday’s press release, announced that the show will be a “one-hour prequel” focussing on Goodman’s character before he became entangled with White—a format that leaves the character’s fate on “Breaking Bad,” along with everybody else’s, still uncertain. (The third-to-last episode of the series airs this Sunday.)

Rumors of a Goodman spinoff have been circulating since at least last year, when Gilligan said in an interview with IndieWire that he and Odenkirk had discussed the idea. “I like the idea of a lawyer show in which the main lawyer will do anything it takes to stay out of a court of law,” he said. This past April, Deadline Hollywood reported that the project was developing, leading to speculation about whether the crooked, goofy character will work when he’s no longer a foil to a murderous meth lord.

Goodman, meanwhile, has established a robust presence on the Internet. On a fake business Web site that AMC created for the character—featuring a garish orange-and-yellow color scheme and a banner reading “Welcome lawbreakers!”—you can watch “As Seen on TV” commercials, an office webcam, and a series of fake testimonials and consultations demonstrating Goodman’s professional wherewithal. (In the video below, he offers advice on how to escape charges of illegal tiger possession.) Odenkirk—a former “S.N.L.” writer who, with David Cross, created the nineties cult sketch-comedy show “Mr. Show”—brings an affable charm to the character’s lawyerly sleaze. He makes you root for Goodman even though he’s the kind of lawyer you instinctively despise when you see ads for them on the subway. A new breed of anti-hero, perhaps?"Thanks Lily for the heads up. Had read about this a couple days ago. Look forward to the show.

flabbybody
09-13-2013, 03:25 AM
It was an excellent episode...but in real life none of them would have survived that barrage....including Walter.

How many of you were screaming in your heads.." Don't go Walter, it's a trap!!!...they can't know where the money is, you're supposed to be smarter than that!!!!"...lol

love this show.
yea, I wanted to tell Walt it was a trap. But he's beginning to self-destruct and not thinking straight. Hank, Jesse and Saul are eating away at his normally unflappable judgement. Calling Todd and Uncle Jack to fix things was just crazy desperation.
This is TV drama at a Shakespearan level. These writers and actors have set the bar so high it's hard to imagine another show ever being better

LilyRox
09-13-2013, 03:32 AM
yea, I wanted to tell Walt it was a trap. But he's beginning to self-destruct and not thinking straight. Hank, Jesse and Saul are eating away at his normally unflappable judgement. Calling Todd and Uncle Jack to fix things was just crazy desperation.
This is TV drama at a Shakespearan level. These writers and actors have set the bar so high it's hard to imagine another show ever being better

Agreed. In like 200 years Vince Gilligan will be in books... or tablets... or a micro chip in someones brain... well you get the idea. Breaking Bad is the Macbeth of our time.

flabbybody
09-13-2013, 03:45 AM
Skyler is Walter's Lady Macbeth. I agree LilyRox
U must be English Lit major

Emilycd24
09-13-2013, 05:12 AM
I love this show so much. It's going down as one of the greatest series of all time. Was lucky enough to meet Aaron Paul last year. One of the nicest guys ever.

youngblood61
09-13-2013, 05:10 PM
Walt is just like Gus, hate killed Gus greed is gonna get Walt. Always thought Skylar would flip first, Jesse surprised me.

Ryz
09-13-2013, 07:02 PM
I don't get why everyone roots for Walt. He's a terribly selfish man with no heart!

maxpower
09-13-2013, 08:16 PM
I don't get why everyone roots for Walt. He's a terribly selfish man with no heart!

That's the genius of the show, and Vince Gilligan's writing.

flabbybody
09-13-2013, 08:58 PM
not exactly "rooting" for Walt. just a fascination with evil genius.
Given the choice of studying the life of Hitler vs Churchill I'd pick Hitler

youngblood61
09-13-2013, 10:53 PM
I don't get why everyone roots for Walt. He's a terribly selfish man with no heart!In the beginning yeah, now no way at least for me.

LilyRox
09-13-2013, 10:55 PM
Well its been nice knowing you Hank. :hide-1:

youngblood61
09-13-2013, 10:57 PM
Well its been nice knowing you Hank. :hide-1:You think Hank is dead?

LilyRox
09-13-2013, 11:03 PM
You think Hank is dead?

Yeah I think he might be. Only 3 episodes left.

youngblood61
09-13-2013, 11:08 PM
Yeah I think he might be. Only 3 episodes left. Something tells me he survived, hell the cousins couldn't kill him.:)

LilyRox
09-13-2013, 11:12 PM
true he's badass. Hopefully he doesn't end up in a wheel chair and go through his mineral obsession again lol.

youngblood61
09-14-2013, 12:01 AM
true he's badass. Hopefully he doesn't end up in a wheel chair and go through his mineral obsession again lol.And porn, remember Marie almost caught him watching on that big screen.:)

ledbelly
09-17-2013, 07:10 AM
I expected this last season to be a harrowing ride, but last Sunday's ep....Jesus. Is there any need to nominate anyone other than Bryan
Cranston for the Best Actor Emmy?

lordworm
09-17-2013, 07:14 AM
Is it possible for Jesse to survive Todd's grip? Maybe he will use ricin to escape and go after Walt.

rockabilly
09-17-2013, 08:18 AM
I think Walt will use the ricin to kill himself after getting revenge.

lordworm
09-17-2013, 09:13 AM
I can see an ending where everyone dies except Skyler and the kids.

youngblood61
09-17-2013, 12:25 PM
To watch Hank die like that was tough. I always thought he would live, never thought he would go out buried in the desert. Great show, he might have to go after Sky since she knows so much. 2 episodes left!

trish
09-17-2013, 03:49 PM
I don't think Walt will turn on Skyler. The traced phone call he made to her was an attempt to exonerate her, in the eyes of those listening in, from all illegal aspects of the business.

I do hope Jesse somehow survives this whole mess and gets a chance to do something with his life. He's the most sympathetic character in the whole series.

Hank's dead. Dead dead! That was a surprise. Two shows ago I would've sworn he'd be alive at the end of the series.

dderek123
09-17-2013, 03:57 PM
Hank placed everyone in danger with his actions, Walt even warned him. He didn't call it in because he wanted to better his career over doing things safely. And he payed the price for it.

ShortyRothstein2
09-17-2013, 04:22 PM
I think Walt is going after Uncle Jack, Todd, and Lydia. He may also destroy Jack and Todd's drug lab. This is the best show on tv in a longtime.

trish
09-17-2013, 04:50 PM
Hank placed everyone in danger with his actions, Walt even warned him. He didn't call it in because he wanted to better his career over doing things safely. And he payed the price for it.True. But more than his career, I think Hank just got caught up in the case and couldn't let go. After all, it was this case that crippled him. And then to discover his brother in law was behind it all! There was a lot of stuff (including his wife) pushing Hank to make the decision that he did. But he was warned, and had he been able to think rationally he might not have gone down that road.

Speaking of Hank's wife...isn't she a bit of a bitch? Shouldn't sisters stick up for each other? Shouldn't she have been pressing Hank not to go after Walt? Shouldn't she have been looking out for the family? To be fair she kept harping on the well-being of the children...but I'm not sure what that was all about psychologically speaking.

dderek123
09-17-2013, 05:08 PM
True. But more than his career, I think Hank just got caught up in the case and couldn't let go. After all, it was this case that crippled him. And then to discover his brother in law was behind it all! There was a lot of stuff (including his wife) pushing Hank to make the decision that he did. But he was warned, and had he been able to think rationally he might not have gone down that road.

Absolutely. Thats gotta be one of the themes of the show; becoming more obsessed with an unattainable goal as you pursue it and the consequences that come with a lifestyle like that.

Speaking of Hank's wife...isn't she a bit of a bitch?

Yes!
http://i.imgur.com/BHKdT.png

Shouldn't sisters stick up for each other?

It bothered me how she confronted Skyler during this whole ordeal. She was dealing with her sister and should have used way more tact. I like when a woman stands by her man though.

Shouldn't she have been pressing Hank not to go after Walt? Shouldn't she have been looking out for the family? To be fair she kept harping on the well-being of the children...but I'm not sure what that was all about psychologically speaking.
Yeah I hear you. I think her and Hank were kind of following the same path together. Perhaps she felt emotionally invested since she was Skyler's shoulder to cry on and she helped Hank through rehab. Marie's a bit of a hot head though so I wasn't too surprised about it.
http://cdn.culturemass.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/breaking-bad-marie-skyler-buried.jpg
http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT8eYcDgd7mVS43pGXfHn65DRdyBKna9 pKOzYJ6gYI1dFbKV2kb-g
When she found out Hank was dead it seemed to me that she felt guilty and wishing she would have done things differently.
http://pixel.nymag.com/imgs/daily/vulture/2013/09/15/breaking-bad/bb3.o.jpg/a_560x0.jpg

flabbybody
09-17-2013, 05:17 PM
Hank placed everyone in danger with his actions, Walt even warned him. He didn't call it in because he wanted to better his career over doing things safely. And he payed the price for it.
I wonder if that was a moment of sincere emotional affection Walt was showing towards Hank when he begged Jack to spare him. Or did Walt know there was no way Jack was letting Hank leave that desert alive?

trish
09-17-2013, 05:22 PM
Not only did Walt plead for Hank's life, he gave up the info that his money was buried there. I think it was genuine feeling for family. I think his feelings for Jesse were genuine as well, until Jesse's betrayal.

rockabilly
09-17-2013, 07:16 PM
Walt imo never wanted Hank to die , I think Walt will have revenge on Jack , Todd and Lydia before going out in a gunfight or suicide.

Great series though , the best shows know when to take a bow. Just like BSG imo

trish
09-17-2013, 07:27 PM
I keep going back to the scene that opened this last half of the last series: Walt arrives in his neighborhood. The house seems boarded up. A neighbor lady see him and is distraught. He goes in his house and retrieves from behind the plate of an electrical outlet a capsule (presumably ricin). What for? Suicide? Murder? Is this scene a flash-forward? How far forward? Or am I missing something?

dderek123
09-17-2013, 07:29 PM
I keep going back to the scene that opened this last half of the last series: Walt arrives in his neighborhood. The house seems boarded up. A neighbor lady see him and is distraught. He goes in his house and retrieves from behind the plate of an electrical outlet a capsule (presumably ricin). What for? Suicide? Murder? Is this scene a flash-forward? How far forward? Or am I missing something?

I think we're yet to find out about that one. He had a huge machine gun in the trunk of his car. It'll be super cool if we get to see him use that.

Ryz
09-17-2013, 08:20 PM
The scene where Walt calls Skyler knowing the police were listening to make it look like she had no idea what was going on was amazing. Very powerful.

Ryz
09-17-2013, 08:24 PM
I think we're yet to find out about that one. He had a huge machine gun in the trunk of his car. It'll be super cool if we get to see him use that.

Jesse is going to get away from Todd some how. Get revenge on Walt, by going after his family for letting Jane die. Walt will then hear about how Jesse is still alive, and make his way back to New Mexico. Then he'll end him. Or something. fuk who knows eh

trish
09-17-2013, 09:53 PM
The scene where Walt calls Skyler knowing the police were listening to make it look like she had no idea what was going on was amazing. Very powerful.It was quite a moving scene. And it shows just how quick thinking Walt is. That phone was the sole reason for kidnapping the baby to begin with. (I'm like, "Why'd he take the kid?") He knew that there would be an amber alert and the police would be with Skyler waiting for, recording and tracing his call. Wow!

maxpower
09-18-2013, 12:13 AM

Isn't that part of the same flash-forward that began the first half of season 5? He's at Denny's and makes a 52 with his bacon, so it's his 52nd birthday. Then he gets the gun and the car from the guy he meets in the bathroom (the same guy who sold him a pistol earlier in the series). That makes it one year forward from the events currently taking place, as it was Walt's 51st birthday when Hank found the copy of Leaves of Grass that Gayle had given him. The whole series started on Walt's 50th birthday. It's wild to realize that all the events of the show up to this point happened in one year.

flabbybody
09-18-2013, 12:15 AM
never occurred to me that taking the baby was Walt's way of protecting Skyler. you guys are good

youngblood61
09-18-2013, 12:29 AM
No doubt Walt was pleading for Hanks life. But to think Hank was gonna walk away was just plain silly. He had too go,now things become a bit clearer. Hows this for a surprise Marie does Walt. You know she blames him for Hanks death.

maxpower
09-18-2013, 01:36 AM
It's already been shown that Walt lives for at least another year, and at some point goes on the lam.

dderek123
09-18-2013, 01:48 PM
Hows this for a surprise Marie does Walt.

She has sex with him? Well, yeah that would be a huge surprise.

nikki666
09-18-2013, 02:43 PM
It seems a lot of people who follow this show ( not just who post here ) have Jesse's character in high admiration. Yes he has a human side , he likes children , he shows emotion , so I understand why people would relate to him. However, IMO , he has a very weak will, ie, he is an addict, then sober, then an addict again , he is money hungry, then pretty much denounces his riches. he is loyal , then turns , Mike treated him like crap, but he bonded with Mike, while Walt treated him like a son and he turned more than once on Walt.
It wouldn't break my heart if Jesse did not survive , but I don't think that will happen.
And I agree one of the best shows on TV in a long time.

fred41
09-18-2013, 02:53 PM
I wonder if that was a moment of sincere emotional affection Walt was showing towards Hank when he begged Jack to spare him. Or did Walt know there was no way Jack was letting Hank leave that desert alive?

That was absolutely sincere...at that moment he was willing to give up everything he clawed for himself to attain. It's like he said -" Hank's family" and I think he loved him. I think he cares for Jesse too...but Hank was family and I think at that moment he blamed Jesse for what happened.
In reality, I can't see good things happening for Jesse...he does have somewhat of a noble side, but his weaknesses always get the better of him.
Hank went out well though...tough til the bitter end.

That was excellent acting by Cranston...having to make that phone call to Skyler to try and clear his family (he knew the Feds were there)...to make it sound like he hates them all the while it was breaking his heart and he had to fight back his emotions as well as he could.
Excellent show.

trish
09-18-2013, 07:42 PM
Well Jesse IS the most sympathetic character in the series. But he's not the purest (that would be Walt’s real son), nor the noblest, nor the strongest (though I wouldn’t characterize his addiction as a weakness of will as much as a physiological weakness). He does seem to be plagued by a sense of morality that doesn’t inhibit any of the other characters, though it didn’t prevent him from committing murder. If I knew Jesse I certainly wouldn’t want to be involved with him in any way. I’d steer clear. Still, one gets the impression that had the circumstances of his life been different, Jesse would be a stand up guy. Then again, if Walt hadn’t developed cancer, he’d be a stand up teacher and a devoted family man.

youngblood61
09-19-2013, 12:40 AM
She has sex with him? Well, yeah that would be a huge surprise.No, kills him lol.

trish
09-21-2013, 12:35 AM
Spoiler Alert: The show ends with Walt slipping away to another State and taking on a new identity (Hal Kaczmarek). He gets married (to Lois) and has four children (Francis, Reese, Malcolm and Dewey). Francis is a whole lot older and no longer living at home, hence Malcolm's in the Middle. They all sorta live happily ever after.

flabbybody
09-21-2013, 07:46 AM
Uncle Jack hooks up with skyler and helps raise the baby

youngblood61
09-21-2013, 09:11 PM
Well its been nice knowing you Hank. :hide-1:You were right Lily.

LilyRox
09-21-2013, 09:38 PM
You were right Lily.

Yup lol. It's still so hard to believe they killed off Hank like that though. He got so far and bam they just killed him. I mean Gus got killed by an exploding wheel chair how epic is that.

youngblood61
09-22-2013, 07:35 AM
Yup lol. It's still so hard to believe they killed off Hank like that though. He got so far and bam they just killed him. I mean Gus got killed by an exploding wheel chair how epic is that.It was just so matter of fact. Hank is one the great bad ass characters ever!

dderek123
09-23-2013, 05:02 PM
http://i.imgur.com/2jfnIoL.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/XpJwlJ0.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/gaAdJr5.jpg

from reddit

dderek123
09-23-2013, 05:06 PM
http://i.imgur.com/5Zuzhuj.gif

youngblood61
09-24-2013, 01:49 PM
Todd is psycho! He is on my hit wish list.

trish
09-24-2013, 03:58 PM
He is cute. I'd hit that.

youngblood61
09-25-2013, 12:35 AM
He is cute. I'd hit that. Sorry Trish to mislead, by hit wish list I mean I want him dead! Killing Jesse's GF in front of him, I hope Jesse gets a chance for revenge.

trish
09-25-2013, 03:22 AM
Yeah,
I caught that.
First I'd hit that.
Then I'd hit that.
In that order.

rt_saurus
09-25-2013, 01:16 PM
It was unbearable watching Jesse struggling to get out of the cage and that was the result. Todd is horrifying because he is so matter-of-fact. Uncle Jack actually seems quite a likeable guy.

Lydia should be in the "GGs I wish were transsexuals" thread :-p

youngblood61
09-26-2013, 12:34 AM
Can't wait for Sunday!

flabbybody
09-26-2013, 12:38 AM
I wish Todd knew what a vile piece of human shit Lydia considers him.... couldn't even sit face to face with him in the coffee shop when he told her he got the purity up to 96% and the blue color back. She knew he couldn't have managed that by himself. and she was extremely displeased he didn't take care of the Skyler problem

OK, I admit it. I'm a closet Lydia fan.

youngblood61
09-26-2013, 12:40 AM
I wish Todd knew what a vile piece of human shit Lydia considers him.... couldn't even sit face to face with him in the coffee shop when he told her he got the purity up to 96% and the blue color back. She knew he couldn't have managed that by himself. and she was extremely displeased he didn't take care of the Skyler problem

OK, I admit it. I'm a closet Lydia fan.Mike should have killed her when he had the chance.

LilyRox
09-26-2013, 12:54 AM
No one will ever suspect a under cover meth deal with Lydia wearing huge sunglasses and talking to Todd facing the complete opposite direction in a coffee shop.

rt_saurus
09-26-2013, 11:06 AM
I think the huge sunglasses do it for me :-) And I liked the way she picked her way gingerly among the bodies in her high heels after the cook shootout.

youngblood61
09-26-2013, 02:12 PM
Any guess's on who survives Sunday?

flabbybody
09-26-2013, 11:06 PM
flabby theory for BB ending:
Walt gets back to N Mexico and kills Jack, Todd, and the rest of Jack's gang
Walt kills Saul
Marie kills Walt then commits suicide
Jessie survives
Skyler and Walt Jr survive
The $80 million disappears but we're given hints that Lydia somehow recovers it and runs off to Europe, possibly with Jessie

What will I do without this show?

LilyRox
09-26-2013, 11:11 PM
There will never be another show as great as Breaking Bad in my lifetime. Stuff of this quality only comes around every 100 years.

maxpower
09-27-2013, 12:29 AM
There will never be another show as great as Breaking Bad in my lifetime. Stuff of this quality only comes around every 100 years.

Which is amazing considering television has only been around for about 70 years. :)

youngblood61
09-27-2013, 01:07 AM
flabby theory for BB ending:
Walt gets back to N Mexico and kills Jack, Todd, and the rest of Jack's gang
Walt kills Saul
Marie kills Walt then commits suicide
Jessie survives
Skyler and Walt Jr survive
The $80 million disappears but we're given hints that Lydia somehow recovers it and runs off to Europe, possibly with Jessie

What will I do without this show?I agree on the Marie theory I think she kills Walt.

youngblood61
09-27-2013, 01:09 AM
There will never be another show as great as Breaking Bad in my lifetime. Stuff of this quality only comes around every 100 years.I thought the same about the Wire,then Breaking Bad came along.

VictoriaVeil
09-29-2013, 06:07 PM
Aaron Paul aka Jesse actually had three cameos Last night on SNL...This shits funny!

http://screen.yahoo.com/snl-blockbuster-actors-skits/obamacare-cold-open-090000730

Jackal
09-29-2013, 07:26 PM
I watched the pilot a few days ago and now I am in the middle of the third season. The writers really know how to thread together story arcs; great storytelling!

BruceBarnes1
09-29-2013, 09:24 PM
Does anyone think that Walt will end up in Czech Republic?

TSMichelleAustin
09-29-2013, 11:00 PM
Well SNL sucked ass... horrible writers. Only one good skit was the last one!!! But excited about finally tonight!!!

flabbybody
09-30-2013, 12:38 AM
I know we're all super excited about tonite's finale. let's try to keep the comments here and not start a new thread for every nuance.
you may not believe this but they're people who aren't interested in BB, as crazy as that sounds

trish
09-30-2013, 01:07 AM
Walt has sexual reassignment surgery to hide his identity, but in fit of depression he calls the FBI and tells them how he can be found, then at the last second he changes his mind and disguises himself as a Rastafarian marijuana grower. As the show ends he disappears in a cloud of intoxicating smoke.

Quinn
09-30-2013, 01:10 AM
Over the last couple of weeks, I have somehow found the time to actually watch every episode of this show, save for the final episode, from start to finish. It really is amazing how they develop Walt as a character -- slowly stripping away each layer of humanity, one incident at a time, until there is nothing left but a hollowed out shell of the man who once was.

My two favorite quotes from the show:

1) "Got some big cow house way out that way, like two miles, but I don’t see nobody." - Jesse

2) "You clearly don’t know who you’re talking to, so let me clue you in. I am not in danger, Skyler. I am the danger. A guy opens his door and gets shot, and you think that of me? No! I am the one who knocks!" - Walter

VictoriaVeil
09-30-2013, 03:29 AM
Well SNL sucked ass... horrible writers. Only one good skit was the last one!!! But excited about finally tonight!!!

I only watched Aaron's skits online. I'm in Season 2 of BB on netflix, so I'll be enjoying it for a while still. :)

AS for SNL, Its gonna be a rough year with so many new SNLplayers, b ut that is the tragicomedy of live late night tv.

Odelay
10-01-2013, 04:35 AM
I really liked the finale. Very satisfying. Tied up all the loose ends and in the end gave Walt a certain purpose, even in death. His end was even zen-like. I'm sure there will be some fans who will criticize or complain but you can't please everybody.

One thing I liked about the writing in regards to Walter White's character is that despite his brains and machinations, he never had certainty. The writers never gave him that. How many times did he step into very dangerous situations, and every time you saw fear in his face. He knew he couldn't control all of the variables. Other than his smarts, the only thing he really had going for him was that he was a man with cancer, a man with nothing to lose that he wasn't going to lose anyway. That was part of his recipe for beating his adversaries. They all clung to life despite their varying degrees of evilness. Walt didn't have that. He was ready to cash it in at any moment.

Good show.

youngblood61
10-01-2013, 05:31 AM
Thought the finale was great. Loose ends tied up,and best of all Lidia and Todd got what was coming. Felt good for Jesse getting out alive,and after wanting Walt dead I found myself wanting him to win... again.

flabbybody
10-01-2013, 05:47 AM
Walt was a bad guy but I rooted for him anyway. That's what made the show so special.

alpha2117
10-01-2013, 12:10 PM
A truly awful finale ... it sucked on so many levels that I cant believe it was made by the same people who made the rest of the series. Walt basically wins WTF?!? They tried to tie everything up in a nice neat little package. It was trite and frankly morally bankrupt.

dderek123
10-01-2013, 02:50 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKUL7OikASU

Really loved the finale. My favourite moment is when Walt finally admitted that he did this all for himself. Skylar seemed relieved to hear that.

trish
10-01-2013, 04:35 PM
I really don't see how Walt wins. His son is deeply scared. His brother-in-law dead. His wife is distressed, possibly clinically depressed and she is left to raise a baby daughter on her own. Walt is achieve some goals, but that's hardly winning. He managed to find a way to financially provide for his family after he's gone, he got revenge for Hank and came to terms with Jesse.

I too think the moment when Walt admits he did it all for himself is pivotal. It's clearly pivotal for Skylar (great acting, she hardly says a word, but her whole expression changes after this admission). The admission also says a lot about why the audience finds Walt so compelling. We all like to think that we're good at at least one thing. If only we could find out what it is, work would be fulfilling. Through it we could demonstrate our focus, intelligence, resourcefulness and our willingness to do whatever it takes to get the job done. It's part of the entrepreneurial dream. We also love when a character can intimidate others and make them back off. We dream of being bad-asses. And Walt is one of the ultimate bad-ass characters in modern fiction.

Does he deserve our admiration? Yes and no. We can't help but admire him for the bad-ass qualities mentioned above that he has in spades and most of the rest of us don't have. We can't help but identify with his fatherly feeling towards Jesse. But we also can't help being sickened by incredibly immoral actions: poisoning a child, letting a woman choke to death, conspiring to commit and committing murder, producing and dealing an addictive drug, wrecking his family, dragging his wife into it, blackmailing Hank and his wife with his video of lies...I'm sure you can add to the list.

Did he get his just desserts in the end? Well he was gut shot and died (presumably), though Vince Gilligan did have him die with a smile on his face, as he admired his innovative, high quality production factory one last time...his calling...the work that he was proud of.

dderek123
10-01-2013, 05:04 PM
I really don't see how Walt wins. His son is deeply scared. His brother-in-law dead. His wife is distressed, possibly clinically depressed and she is left to raise a baby daughter on her own. Walt is achieve some goals, but that's hardly winning. He managed to find a way to financially provide for his family after he's gone, he got revenge for Hank and came to terms with Jesse.

I too think the moment when Walt admits he did it all for himself is pivotal. It's clearly pivotal for Skylar (great acting, she hardly says a word, but her whole expression changes after this admission). The admission also says a lot about why the audience finds Walt so compelling. We all like to think that we're good at at least one thing. If only we could find out what it is, work would be fulfilling. Through it we could demonstrate our focus, intelligence, resourcefulness and our willingness to do whatever it takes to get the job done. It's part of the entrepreneurial dream. We also love when a character can intimidate others and make them back off. We dream of being bad-asses. And Walt is one of the ultimate bad-ass characters in modern fiction.

Does he deserve our admiration? Yes and no. We can't help but admire him for the bad-ass qualities mentioned above that he has in spades and most of the rest of us don't have. We can't help but identify with his fatherly feeling towards Jesse. But we also can't help being sickened by incredibly immoral actions: poisoning a child, letting a woman choke to death, conspiring to commit and committing murder, producing and dealing an addictive drug, wrecking his family, dragging his wife into it, blackmailing Hank and his wife with his video of lies...I'm sure you can add to the list.

Did he get his just desserts in the end? Well he was gut shot and died (presumably), though Vince Gilligan did have him die with a smile on his face, as he admired his innovative, high quality production factory one last time...his calling...the work that he was proud of.

Loved your post it was very insightful. Walt's insistence that he was doing this all for his family finally ended. Pinning his motivation for doing all the horrible things he has done probably weighed heavily on Skylars conscience. And she stayed by him until the end really.

I got the feeling that part of the reason he was smiling was for how Jesse had been working in his absence. Perhaps, he felt that he taught his student well and he could admire his work. Before he died he could witness a part of his legacy.

yourdaddy
10-01-2013, 10:40 PM
As the camera pulled up and away in the final scene, Walt was lit by a blue light. He was the final product.

youngblood61
10-02-2013, 12:36 AM
Nice post Trish. No, he didn't win for all the reasons you stated. By getting rid of Uncle Jack and his crew,seeing Lidia slowly die, and Jessie killing Todd that is the win I'm talking about.

flabbybody
10-02-2013, 05:31 AM
I'm reading that ricin is not necessarily deadly when ingested, as opposed to being inhaled or injected. Lydia could have gotten immediate medical attention when Walt informed her it was in her tea. Did she survive?

trish
10-02-2013, 06:20 AM
I got the feeling that part of the reason he was smiling was for how Jesse had been working in his absence. Perhaps, he felt that he taught his student well and he could admire his work. Before he died he could witness a part of his legacy. Could be Jesse turned out to be his best pupil ever.

Nice post Trish. No, he didn't win for all the reasons you stated. By getting rid of Uncle Jack and his crew,seeing Lidia slowly die, and Jessie killing Todd that is the win I'm talking about.Totally agree.

I'm reading that ricin is not necessarily deadly when ingested, as opposed to being inhaled or injected. Lydia could have gotten immediate medical attention when Walt informed her it was in her tea. Did she survive? What if you ingest it, belch and then inhale the fumes of the belch?

I've just been reading that modern philosophers differ with presocratics on the focus of morality. We moderns tend to classify actions as good or bad. The presocratics focused more on character, celebrating persons of good character and making lessons of those with character flaws. Consequently it's easy for us moderns to point at various things that Walt did that we regard as bad and others that we might regard as good. I was wondering if anyone had a take on what Walt's main character flaw was. Was it hubris? Greed? Fear of dying? A need to excel? I suspect we like Walt because he basically has a solid character but with a fatal flaw. Any speculations?

youngblood61
10-03-2013, 12:49 AM
Lidia deserved to die so hopefully that happened.

GroobySteven
10-03-2013, 10:34 AM
As the camera pulled up and away in the final scene, Walt was lit by a blue light. He was the final product.

Good call!

GroobySteven
10-03-2013, 10:38 AM
I've been avoiding this post until I had time to sit down and enjoy the finale last night and although it didn't spring one last "WTF!!!" surprise, it concluded and wrapped everything up very well. The bad guys died, the anti-hero took care of all finished business and the innocents got resolution : Marie found out where Hank was buried, Skyler (who really wasn't innocent as she took the money and helped cover it up) told that he didn't do it for the family and his children had money left to them.

A great series, which I'm about to start watching again!

youngblood61
10-03-2013, 01:35 PM
Is this show the greatest crime drama ever?