PDA

View Full Version : ABC News Producer Don Ennis became "Dawn" then goes back to 'Don' all in 3 months.

Queens Guy
08-06-2013, 06:03 PM
What do you all think? Especially the TG ladies.

The story seems fishy to me. Especially given the fact that when 'Don' decided to become 'Dawn', book deals were already being discussed.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2385324/ABC-news-editor-Don-Ennis-second-thoughts--goes-man.html

A new Dawn for Don: ABC news editor who stunned colleagues by announcing he wanted to be a woman has second thoughts… and goes back to being a man

ABC News editor Don Ennis, 49, became Dawn Ennis three months ago, but has now decided to switch back to Don after a 'bout of amnesia'
Don Ennis separated from wife of 17 years with whom he has three children
Previously said female identity was a 'soul-crushing secret'
Now says he is 'completely male' and hopes people don't think it's a joke

An ABC News editor has announced he is, in fact, a man, after having changed gender earlier this year to be a woman.
Don Ennis, who in May asked friends and colleagues to call him Dawn after what he said was a seven-year battle with his identity, is reverting to his former gender after a two-day bout of amnesia.
After just a three-month stint as a woman, Dawn Ennis was rushed to hospital because he thought he was having a seizure, according to the New York Post, and he was experiencing a loss of memory.

During that time, he had accused his wife of 17 years, from whom he had separated when he decided to live life as Dawn, of having dressed him up in a wig and making fake IDs with the name 'Dawn' on it, the NY Post said.
The confused news editor, a father-of-three, thought the year was 1999, and couldn't understand why he was a woman.

Mr Ennis's memory has now fully returned, and while he remembers choosing to go through the gender switch, taking hormones to change his body, he now says: 'It appears I'm not transgender after all.'
In an email sent to friends and colleagues, the ABC newsman, from Danbury, Connecticut, opens up about what he has experienced and urges those who supported the first switch to try to support his return to Don.
The email, published by the NY Post, says: 'I have retained the much different mind-set I had in 1999: I am now totally, completely, unabashedly male in my mind, despite my physical attributes.'

The Connecticut journalist explains that while his memories of the last 14 years have returned, his female identity did not.
He says he is no longer wearing women's clothes or make-up and is already using the men's room accordingly, however, he vows to be a staunch advocate for equal rights and LGBT issues.
The 49-year-old journalist told friends and colleagues in May this year that he believed his gender mix-up was linked to his mother giving him oestrogen as a child to prolong his childhood acting career.
However, he says he ended up developing breasts and thinking as a woman.
After years of living with a condition which doctors were unable to explain, he said, he finally decided to switch genders.
He separated from his wife of 17 years, Wendy Ennis, and friends and colleagues he said have been hugely supportive of his decision.
His wife came to terms with his first decision, and eventually accepted the new identity of Dawn, the news service said.

He now hopes that friends and colleagues will not think his reverting back to be a male again is a joke, or because the change was too hard.
He said in the email: 'The new change I'm revealing to you today did not arise because I couldn't hack it, or people would accept the new/real/female "me", or I had trouble finding shoes that fit (Oh, I found plenty, more than I could afford).'
Don Ennis changed his Facebook profile image from one of himself as Dawn, to a picture of an old teddy bear last week. With it, he wrote the message: 'Mister Bear lost his nose and his mouth decades ago to a family dog. He's spent much of the past 40 years in a cardboard box, and is now also losing a little stuffing. But despite a cleaning, he retains that familiar smell and feel. He's been a comforting companion at my apartment and in the hospital. I love Mister Bear.'

Castor_Troy05
08-06-2013, 06:41 PM
Definitely something fishy going on with this one

GroobySteven
08-06-2013, 06:50 PM
We need photos of this goofball!

VictoriaVeil
08-06-2013, 08:01 PM
ah google

http://bossip.files.wordpress.com/2013/05/don-dawn-ennis.jpg?w=600&h=459

GroobySteven
08-06-2013, 08:02 PM
ah google

Which one is his real hair?

LilyRox
08-06-2013, 08:35 PM
Hmm sounds familiar...

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/7/70/Secret_Window_movie.jpg/220px-Secret_Window_movie.jpg

VictoriaVeil
08-06-2013, 08:38 PM
ah google

VictoriaVeil
08-06-2013, 08:39 PM
real hair? its all real hair.... lol

APD2
08-06-2013, 09:18 PM
Don Ennis, who in May asked friends and colleagues to call him Dawn after what he said was a seven-year battle with his identity, is reverting to his former gender after a two-day bout of amnesia.
After just a three-month stint as a woman, Dawn Ennis was rushed to hospital because he thought he was having a seizure, according to the New York Post, and he was experiencing a loss of memory.

During that time, he had accused his wife of 17 years, from whom he had separated when he decided to live life as Dawn, of having dressed him up in a wig and making fake IDs with the name 'Dawn' on it, the NY Post said.
The confused news editor, a father-of-three, thought the year was 1999, and couldn't understand why he was a woman.

Mr Ennis's memory has now fully returned, and while he remembers choosing to go through the gender switch, taking hormones to change his body, he now says: 'It appears I'm not transgender after all.'
In an email sent to friends and colleagues, the ABC newsman, from Danbury, Connecticut, opens up about what he has experienced and urges those who supported the first switch to try to support his return to Don.
The email, published by the NY Post, says: 'I have retained the much different mind-set I had in 1999: I am now totally, completely, unabashedly male in my mind, despite my physical attributes.'

The Connecticut journalist explains that while his memories of the last 14 years have returned, his female identity did not.
He says he is no longer wearing women's clothes or make-up and is already using the men's room accordingly, however, he vows to be a staunch advocate for equal rights and LGBT issues.

After years of living with a condition which doctors were unable to explain, he said, he finally decided to switch genders.
He separated from his wife of 17 years, Wendy Ennis, and friends and colleagues he said have been hugely supportive of his decision.
His wife came to terms with his first decision, and eventually accepted the new identity of Dawn, the news service said.

He now hopes that friends and colleagues will not think his reverting back to be a male again is a joke, or because the change was too hard.
He said in the email: 'The new change I'm revealing to you today did not arise because I couldn't hack it, or people would accept the new/real/female "me", or I had trouble finding shoes that fit (Oh, I found plenty, more than I could afford).'
Don Ennis changed his Facebook profile image from one of himself as Dawn, to a picture of an old teddy bear last week. With it, he wrote the message: 'Mister Bear lost his nose and his mouth decades ago to a family dog. He's spent much of the past 40 years in a cardboard box, and is now also losing a little stuffing. But despite a cleaning, he retains that familiar smell and feel. He's been a comforting companion at my apartment and in the hospital. I love Mister Bear.'

Eh. Sounds like a complete mental breakdown.

The 49-year-old journalist told friends and colleagues in May this year that he believed his gender mix-up was linked to his mother giving him oestrogen as a child to prolong his childhood acting career.
However, he says he ended up developing breasts and thinking as a woman.

Bit sceptical about this too.

littletwink
08-06-2013, 09:26 PM
Dawn doesn't look too bad.

BellaBellucci
08-06-2013, 09:27 PM
He thought it was 1999? I'm going to say he may not have had amnesia, but some kind of regression, presumably to the point at which he decided to repress his feelings. I doubt he's 'completely male.' I doubt this story is over. We'll be hearing from 'her' again in a few years, I think.

On the other hand, he may have just missed his family and changed his mind. Occam's Razor and all that. :lol:

~BB~