08-04-2013, 08:29 PM
New Doctor Who is Peter Capaldi

Prospero
08-04-2013, 08:32 PM
Get tour the way you fucking daleks

EvaCassini
08-04-2013, 08:33 PM
Damn...I hate time zones...now the surprise is dead. lol Thanks tho! YAY

I like how he was the Pompeian Father during Tennant yrs.

Jericho
08-04-2013, 08:34 PM
Wot A Cock!
Should of been Sean Pertwee

TempestTS
08-04-2013, 08:40 PM
FUCK - I was putting my money on that it would be Gary Busey

EvaCassini
08-04-2013, 08:47 PM
Why not Nick Nolte? LMAO

GroobySteven
08-04-2013, 09:16 PM
What a great choice!

BeardedOne
08-05-2013, 12:17 AM
Who?

Precisely.

sukumvit boy
08-05-2013, 01:51 AM
Looking forward to the new Dr.Who.

Sean Pertwee - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sean_Pertwee)

dcwatcher
08-05-2013, 02:34 AM
meh... I like Peter Capaldi and all but I was hoping for someone different. More than a few people voiced a sentiment of "meh... another white English guy" and while Capaldi is a Scot, I take their point.

Idris Elba made a half-assed comment to the effect of wanting to do it but he's got his hands full now the 'Murica has found him and he's still doing Luther on the BBC. Chiwetel Ejiofor however wanted the role and is still relatively obscure and could have added a lot to the series.

... plus... Capaldi can't say "FUCK" every thirty seconds on Dr. Who and that's a shame, he's really good at it.

robertlouis
08-05-2013, 02:43 AM
He'll be great.
Here's a preview of the first episode.

robertlouis
08-05-2013, 02:43 AM
....and the second.

robertlouis
08-05-2013, 02:48 AM
Just in case those stateside are unaware of Peter Capaldi's most famous TV creation as the foul-mouthed, pop-eyed spin doctor Malcolm Tucker in "The Thick of It", here he is at his very best.

http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjAyazqtQj8

dcwatcher
08-05-2013, 02:50 AM
The folks at The Rued Morgue where ahead of their time when they made those up.

Ecstatic
08-05-2013, 03:51 AM
Who?

Precisely.

Once again, thou beatest me to the punch, old friend.

Can't say I know Capaldi, but then I didn't know any of the actors who played the Doctor before they played the Doctor. But sounds like it'll be a good change up from Matt Smith.

moonunit7
08-05-2013, 04:07 AM
Jesus, the camera shake in that show would make Captain Kidd seasick. Guess they can't afford a decent tripod or dolly.

GroobySteven
08-05-2013, 10:19 AM
meh... I like Peter Capaldi and all but I was hoping for someone different. More than a few people voiced a sentiment of "meh... another white English guy" and while Capaldi is a Scot, I take their point.

David Tennant is a Scot.

Prospero
08-05-2013, 11:06 AM
I missed out on about two decades of the doctor but tuned back in when Christopher Ecclestone took the part. Now I wonder if newcomers will make any sense at all of the convoluted plots and back references that the current producers and crop of writers have developed. Even seasoned doctor watchers must find the plots wholly bizarre. Perhaps that is part of the pleasure.

There was a little hint at the end of the last series that the new doctor would be older (with john Hurt putting in a cameo) So now it is going to be Peter Capaldi. Interesting choice. Lots had hoped for a female doctor... or an ethnic minority (scottish doesn't count) and were disappointed. I guess it will take a few more regenerations before the doctor slips gender.

And what price a transgendered doctor?

francisfkudrow
08-05-2013, 05:42 PM
Yeah, I was hoping they'd get a bit daring and go for a woman or a black guy, but at least they broke out of the young white guy with big hair model a bit. An older guy like Capaldi will change it up a bit.

Perhaps all the talk of Helen Mirren or Chweitel Ejiofor being the Doctor will serve as a wake-up call to prepare the traditionalists that one day, he isn't going to be a white guy.

mrtrebus
08-05-2013, 06:05 PM
New Doctor Who is Peter Capaldi
Wrong. The character is called The Doctor, NOT Doctor Who!!!!!! :loser:

JenniferParisHusband
08-07-2013, 06:50 PM
Awful awful choice. I realize they did it with Clara, the current companion. But I truly hate it when they go with someone for a part who has already been in the series somewhere. Anything that breaks continuity like that annoys me. And what makes it worse is that he was pretty integral in the best Torchwood series, and that ties into Doctor Who as well. The only way this decision would please me is if they got Tenant back to do Fires of Pompei from the other side with Capaldi also as The Doctor, unknown to Tennant's Doctor, and then had him also slip into the Torchwood world to address his presence there as well. Otherwise, I'm going to be annoyed every single time I watch him.

/Was truly hoping for Rupert Grint.
//Or Idris Elba.

rockabilly
08-07-2013, 09:10 PM
The sixth Doctor played a role during the fifth Doctors run.

Theyre is a theory that Time Lords bodies are taken from any human form that has ever or will ever live.
Time Lords ... They recycle.

Also Torchwoods Gwen played an important character in a 9th Doctor episode and former companion Amy was in the Pompeii episode as a seer , Freema Agymann played not only Martha Jones but her identical cousin that got converted by the Cybermen.

robertlouis
08-08-2013, 03:00 AM
David Tennant is a Scot.

And so was Sylvester McCoy. Thanks Seanchai. Got to keep these lazy bastards on their toes. :dancing:

BellaBellucci
08-08-2013, 03:35 AM
Don't knock Busey and Nolte. Without them, we might not have had Amy Winehouse and LiLo. Just saying.

~BB~

Robinhood81
07-03-2014, 12:24 AM
Capaldi is a great choice, an older actor, a fan too, really hope he can being some seriousness to the part and the show. It's become a bit too silly. Though overall I did enjoy day of the doctor, but Matt was far better as wad the series in series 5.

Give me classic any day.

Looking forward to what capaldi can offer too though

Ecstatic
07-03-2014, 03:13 AM
I like the variety of styles different actors have brought to the series. Patrick Troughton was the first to bring a slapstick approach, which Matt picked up on very nicely. Though Matt had his dramatic moments, it is definitely time for a shift to more gravitas. Tennant and Eccleston had the gravity. Sylvester McCoy could play the clown. Tom Baker had the ultimate combination of fool and genius, of clown and dramatic heft imho.

sukumvit boy
07-17-2017, 04:36 AM
1017911 A new Doctor Who is announced , the 13th, and it`s a woman.
http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/news/doctor-who-peter-capaldi-series-11-time-lord-steven-moffat-replacement-wimbledon-a78

passivedude
01-14-2018, 12:09 AM
Jon Pertwee was the best with Tom Baker a close second. The new series was never as good as the classic 60s and 70s stuff. Now they are goverened by PC bleatings and have forced a gender change on a beloved character i have switched off, and i had been watching since 1970.