PDA

View Full Version : 'Merica.

Jamie French
08-01-2013, 03:20 AM
Close friends may have noticed the inordinate amount of American flag themed apparel I've been struttin' around in over the past few weeks. It has nothing to do with Independence Day or my July 3rd birthday.

"Well it couldn't possibly be patriotism. You only have two modes; openly smirking at the state of our nation or rock solid apathy." Said no one in particular.

Lo, for an epiphany unto me has been born.

I and those like me are the living embodiment of American freedom. I am a transgendered women living in the very heart of Texas. I am a self actualized business owner. I'm an upwardly mobile, religion free, information accessing abnormality. I am completely unimpeded to continue a thus far fruitful pursuit of happiness. I'm shelving my cynicism. I am going to continue being the full fledged American I never knew I always was these past 34 years.

In America you really can live life however you see fit. All that's required is a strong will to do so and a work ethic to match. Go out there, do good, spread the good around and BE what defines America, not the things your snarky friends say, not your nationalist cousin, not the news media outlets, nor your favorite television show or website, not your priest or your professor. You. You be the definition of America.

Also, I look good in primary colors.

EvaCassini
08-01-2013, 03:35 AM
HAIL 'MERICA!

You is HOT to TROT! Lets go "Hotdoggin"! :)

francisfkudrow
08-01-2013, 06:49 AM
I always thought that when you drop the "A" from America, the "e" becomes a "u" as in 'Murica.

Jamie French
08-01-2013, 07:00 AM
Rules are for foreigners.

I always thought that when you drop the "A" from America, the "e" becomes a "u" as in 'Murica.

Ben in LA
08-01-2013, 07:59 AM
Rock those Stars and Stripes!

Steve-Oh
08-01-2013, 08:31 AM
Well stated, Jamie French.
I salute you!
:rock2

LexusFire
08-01-2013, 02:57 PM
Land of the free!
And may we have more of you in primary colours :)

dderek123
08-01-2013, 04:16 PM
'Merica Fuck Yeah!

daltx_m
08-02-2013, 03:09 AM
beautiful.