PDA

View Full Version : My periodical ... recommend me a new game?

GroobySteven
07-30-2013, 02:50 PM
Has to be for PC.

Recently played and enjoyed : Farcry3, Dishonored, COD/MOH/Battlefield, Sniper 2.

Looking for either first person, or mayb a Command and Conquer type game - or anything else fun.

dderek123
07-30-2013, 03:38 PM
Borderlands 2 is great. I heard that Bioshock Infinite for the PC is really good too.

LibertyHarkness
07-30-2013, 03:55 PM
if you like c and c .. get yourself the gold pack edtion of Dawn of War - Dawn of War 2 .. you can get them on steam as well if you use that .

my my my!
07-30-2013, 04:29 PM
as Libby said, get the Dawn of War 2 and it's expansions, Rome Total War 2 as well, company of heroes 2

Borderlands 2 is good as well.

For first person shooters, Battlefield 3 is still the way to go IMO

VictoriaVeil
07-30-2013, 06:08 PM
Always been a fan of the AC series. Heres a preview of AC IV - Black Flag.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ICemupWG56U

Remy757Photog
07-30-2013, 06:42 PM
Always been a fan of the AC series. Heres a preview of AC IV - Black Flag.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ICemupWG56U

I'm still playing AC III sporadically, really enjoy it and can hardly wait for AC IV

LilyRox
07-30-2013, 06:50 PM
I would suggest Skyrim if you haven't played it yet. The Elder Scrolls Online is in the works right now too. It's going to be the next big thing from them.

GroobySteven
07-30-2013, 06:53 PM
I would suggest Skyrim if you haven't played it yet. The Elder Scrolls Online is in the works right now too. It's going to be the next big thing from them.

Lot's of people recommended this and I couldn't really get into it - might have to retry.

Remy757Photog
07-30-2013, 06:58 PM
Lot's of people recommended this and I couldn't really get into it - might have to retry.

I actually have Skyrim too, and all related DLC, but have yet to play just because I'm trying to finish all other games first. Skyrim is a very in depth game that can easily steal away hundreds of hours of your life lol I certainly think it is worth the retry, go slay some dragons!

LilyRox
07-30-2013, 07:00 PM

Yeah its a really different type of game without a clear set in stone path (I think its referred to as a sandbox game). You just have to be really adventurous and go to towns and talk to people. The game is just so massive and the graphics are amazing.

GroobySteven
07-30-2013, 07:22 PM
Yeah its a really different type of game without a clear set in stone path (I think its referred to as a sandbox game). You just have to be really adventurous and go to towns and talk to people. The game is just so massive and the graphics are amazing.

I loved Fallout because of this. I wish they'd release that Western the same company did but only put on Xbox.

LilyRox
07-30-2013, 07:29 PM
I loved Fallout because of this. I wish they'd release that Western the same company did but only put on Xbox.

Yeah Fallout is an amazing series like that too. Try also focusing on leveling your skills in Skyrim, they help you get a lot stronger. I think there's like 20 different skills or something like that. The max level is level 100 for each skill.

VictoriaVeil
07-30-2013, 08:49 PM
Yeah Fallout is an amazing series like that too. Try also focusing on leveling your skills in Skyrim, they help you get a lot stronger. I think there's like 20 different skills or something like that. The max level is level 100 for each skill.

you mean Red Dead?

muh_muh
07-30-2013, 09:41 PM
if you like cnc get starcraft 2 heart of the swarm play it online and never do anything else in your free time ever again once you get sucked into the scene

or dota2 which is close enough

GroobySteven
07-30-2013, 09:50 PM
you mean Red Dead?

That's the one.

VictoriaVeil
07-30-2013, 10:36 PM
That's the one.

LOL.. thats a good one. and FYI Some of the Voices in it.. Trans actors! :dancing:

Castor_Troy05
07-31-2013, 12:12 AM
LOL.. thats a good one. and FYI Some of the Voices in it.. Trans actors! :dancing:

I loved Red Dead, and cannot wait for GTA V. Rockstar had nothing to do with Fallout though, that was Bethesda wasn't it?

I'd vouch for Bioshock Infinite as one of the best games I've played this year, and if you like RTS games, you can't really go wrong with Civ 5.

I'm curious which characters in Red Dead had trans voice actors

dderek123
07-31-2013, 12:45 AM
I'd vouch for Bioshock Infinite as one of the best games I've played this year, and if you like RTS games, you can't really go wrong with Civ 5.

Civ 5 is great! But it really can consume a lot of free time. Like you could settle down and start playing at 3:00 pm and think "oh I'll just play until supper time". And then the next time you look at your watch and it's 4:30 am and you're thinking "well maybe just 30 more minutes I only need an hour of sleep before work".

Castor_Troy05
07-31-2013, 12:56 AM
Civ 5 is great! But it really can consume a lot of free time. Like you could settle down and start playing at 3:00 pm and think "oh I'll just play until supper time". And then the next time you look at your watch and it's 4:30 am and you're thinking "well maybe just 30 more minutes I only need an hour of sleep before work".

Haha, yeah I've done that more than once. If I was to suggest a game to totally consume all of his time, I'd suggest Football Manager 2013, and see if he can take The Toon to glory

kirahann
07-31-2013, 01:05 AM
I’ve really enjoyed the Mass Effect (sci-fi) and Dragon Age (fantasy) series by BioWare they are both a little more RPG rather than a first-person shooter or a RTS but both still very enjoyable.

LilyRox
07-31-2013, 01:14 AM
Yeah the whole war scene first person shooter has been done so many times I'm kind of burnt out on it. I've been looking for more diverse games. Portal and Portal 2 are also very unique fun games that are like a mind fuck the first time you play them xD.

VictoriaVeil
07-31-2013, 01:58 AM
I loved Red Dead, and cannot wait for GTA V. Rockstar had nothing to do with Fallout though, that was Bethesda wasn't it?

I'm curious which characters in Red Dead had trans voice actors

It was a girlfriend of mine who isn't a public figure. The voices for the game were recorded in NYC. ;)

Buddy Wood
07-31-2013, 03:15 AM
fuckin nerds

BellaBellucci
07-31-2013, 03:55 AM
Warthunder.

~BB~

nysprod
07-31-2013, 04:25 AM
fuckin nerds

Lol!

LilyRox
07-31-2013, 04:33 AM
fuckin nerds

Noob *puts on glasses*

serial138
07-31-2013, 11:20 PM
I also recommend StarCraft 2 if you haven't played it. Absolutely fantastic game, both online play and story mode.

If you like strategic type games you should try out X-COM. Squad based tactical game versus aliens. The original back in the 90's was awesome, and the new one is even better.

Anyone played the Shadowrun game that just came out the other day? I used to love the RPG pencil and paper one when I was a kid, and I still love the whole idea and history of the setting. Really want to know if its good or if it will make me want to throw myself out my office window.

iraqwarvet03
08-01-2013, 01:22 AM
I say try World of Tanks, World of Airplanes, or World of Warships all on wargaming.net and are FREE except for some premium stuff.

dderek123
08-01-2013, 02:40 AM
I say try World of Tanks, World of Airplanes, or World of Warships all on wargaming.net and are FREE except for some premium stuff.

How about World of Warcraft? The only price is your SOUL. Plus the game and subscription fee

otherguy
08-01-2013, 04:44 AM
I keep going back to Borderlands 2 on the PS3: it's just about the perfect co-op game and I read they will be continuing even more DLC due to the continued success. The DLC gets better with each release so far. I've played the hell out of BF3 and Skyrim on PC, some League of Legends. I'm interested in DOTA2. Tried Guild Wars 2 but found it a coop ghost town. I love the old TW games like Medieval 2 and R:TW and still go back to them. I found Shogun 2 too complicated for my tastes. Enjoyed Civ5 but didn't find a lot of replay value. It's essentially the same game as always only it feels simpler and cartoony. I guess I like the middle way in strategy games.

Dunno about the next GTA. I'm really tired of the go fetch quests I found in RDR. On the otherhand RDR was so unique and had such cool, diverse environments and episodes, that I played it much longer than I expected. Fallout has such a special place in my heart--I've been devouring them since Wasteland.

Hell, I've even picked up some classics off of gog.com and enjoyed them. I've been recommended 'The Last of Us.'

Falling
08-01-2013, 07:57 AM
Dark Souls! Beating the game is and achievement in itself!

serial138
08-02-2013, 02:32 AM
Tried Guild Wars 2 but found it a coop ghost town. '

While I enjoyed the game, I found it to be nothing but solo play. No tank/heal/dps triumvirate and its basically every man for himself. Dungeons are nothing more than 5 people soloing the same area.

And there is not enough content. You get bored real fast with no raids to speak of. WvW is pretty cool, but population imbalances royally fuck you if you're on a low pop server.

my my my!
08-09-2013, 08:47 PM
Seanchai, I just discovered this little gem called "The Swapper"

it's a sidescroller/platformer , it is badass man!

it is on sale on steam right now.

http://facepalmgames.com/the-swapper/

http://http://store.steampowered.com/app/231160 (http://store.steampowered.com/app/231160)

darkrose2000
08-09-2013, 09:00 PM
Wow !
So many players
And the similar games I like.

I still have Fallout New Vegas here + all addons and Borderlands 2 and still does not have enough time to finish them.

I like to have a lot of free time and to sit to dive deep in the sci-fi universe.
You know, when you manage to have at least half of the day, to make yourself a big cup of coffee, the cigarettes, and no on to disturb you...

I will never grow up :) ;)

philipsfrog
08-09-2013, 09:16 PM
Spec Ops the Line is great, it had to have one of the best stories in a video game.

I don't know if you like point and click game but Telltales Walking Dead game was the best game of last year