PDA

View Full Version : Arin Andrews and Katie Hill

jakejd
07-24-2013, 12:01 PM
Surprised that no one picked up this story from the Oklahome , two nice young teens transitioning , and they fell in love! tell me they aren't a cute couple , hope for the best for them .
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/23/transgender-teenage-couple-arin-andrews-katie-hill_n_3639220.html?utm_hp_ref=mostpopular

txjr3
07-24-2013, 02:10 PM
Think they'll ever show up as a couple on OKC BP?

btmmale4toptg
07-24-2013, 03:50 PM
What I don't like about this story is, the ONLY reason the press picked up on it is because its two trans people, thus, making the general population to continue to believe the "stereotype" that trans people are freaks.

I really don't see the positive in this story for the trans community unless you feel all trans women should date trans men and visa versa?

NightmareX0666
07-24-2013, 06:33 PM
What I don't like about this story is, the ONLY reason the press picked up on it is because its two trans people, thus, making the general population to continue to believe the "stereotype" that trans people are freaks.

I really don't see the positive in this story for the trans community unless you feel all trans women should date trans men and visa versa?

Maybe I am wrong, but I see a lot of positives especially in the family of these teens and in the pictures. The families support these teens and their transition, saying they would rather have the children in their lives instead of seeing the depression over take their children. The fact that a trans support group was available for the teens, and the fact the teens took advantage of going to the group is another positive influence. And finally, to a person unfamiliar with transgender life, the teens do not look like freaks, they look like everyday teens who are in love.

bluesoul
07-24-2013, 06:49 PM

the problem with that attitude though is if the press had ignored the story, then someone would've complained that the press ignores stories that are positive towards the trans-community and only reports the negative.

now if they report this story, you claim it serves a more negative purpose than positive. what exactly in your opinion do you think the press should do then?

Think they'll ever show up as a couple on OKC BP?

for what?

btmmale4toptg
07-28-2013, 11:08 PM
The only reason the press picked it up was because it was about two trans as a couple. So the implication is, isn't it wonderful they found each other because the general population won't want either of them. So is that to mean, a trans can find another trans because they can relate to each other so they are perfect for each other?

Why not talk about a young trans women who met a wonderful guy who wasn't trans? They met, fell in love, got married and live happily ever after like any other normal male/female couple? You NEVER see those stories and frankly, for many trans women in general (and the men who date them like me) want to do just that.

My only point was to say, the ONLY time you hear about trans in the press is when its about a trans who were murdered, trans girls using women's bathrooms, on the fringe of society changing gender, or about legal issues like the littleton case in texas challenging the validity of a 14 year marriage to a trans woman. Most of those aren't really positive stories that give the american population a good view of the trans community as a whole.

Just sayin...