PDA

View Full Version : profiling.....

SmithXXX
07-17-2013, 05:07 PM
I saw this on a Marine Corps friend on mine facebook page.

Why is it that newscasters are so incredulous at the concept of profiling like they have no idea where it might come from or what it is based upon. The Zimmerman trial has only seemed to increase their confusion. I, ever the helpful guy, want to do my part to help them out. So, if you know any media people please pass these helpful hints along to them...and you're welcome.

Black people commit a lot of street crime.
White people are usually the serial killers.
Asians are smarter than the rest of us.
Rednecks with money will buy truck parts and deer corn.
Black women have a lot of baby daddies.
A lot of fat white women like black guys.
A lot of black guys like fat white women.
Latin women are loud and animated (Boy do I know this).
Arabs are more likely to blow $h!t up.
Jews vote Democrat for no reason whatsoever.
Young white women cannot drive.
Marines like Asian women.
Sailors like Asian men.
Gay men dress nicely.
Gay women dress like lumberjacks or Bobby Bowden.
Celebrities confuse being famous with being smart.
Black people voted for Obama because he is black.
White people voted for Obama because they feel guilty.
Black people get nervous when they see a lot of white cops in their neighborhood.
White people get nervous when they see a lot of blacks in their neighborhood.
Everyone gets nervous when they see Arabs in their neighborhood.
Asians make money in every neighborhood (again because they are smarter than the rest of us.
...and finally, girls who smoke put out (e.g., if she smokes, she pokes).

Now that that is all settled, can we all just be real with each other?

tsadriana
07-17-2013, 05:13 PM
I disagree with one : Asians are not that smarter as it seems.

bluesoul
07-17-2013, 05:14 PM
Gay men dress nicely.

i hate to say it, but this is true at least most of the time. at least in santa monica and san diego. also, they have really swank cars.

runningdownthatdream
07-17-2013, 05:19 PM

Why is it that newscasters are so incredulous at the concept of profiling like they have no idea where it might come from or what it is based upon. The Zimmerman trial has only seemed to increase their confusion. I, ever the helpful guy, want to do my part to help them out. So, if you know any media people please pass these helpful hints along to them...and you're welcome.

Sailors like Asian men.
Gay men dress nicely.
Black people get nervous when they see a lot of white cops in their neighborhood.
Asians make money in every neighborhood (again because they are smarter than the rest of us.

Nice........and would you believe that it's not just the media but the court system too. Judges, lawyers, prosecutors, courtroom staff they believe it too.

I'll add a few if you don't mind:

All Italians are mobsters or related to mobsters
All Southeast Asians all smell like curry
All Asian women like old, fat, ugly white guys
All Old, fat, ugly white guys can only get Asian women
All Jamaicans smoke weed and like reggae
All Brits have bad teeth and bad breath
All Poles are stupid

The list goes on and on.

Quite amazing actually how the brain works. The way it takes some comment and extrapolates out to entire countries, cultures and remains stuck in memory to be unconsciously referenced again and again year after year. It takes a real conscious effort to forget these things.

Amy Gray
07-17-2013, 05:27 PM
i hate to say it, but this is true at least most of the time. at least in santa monica and san diego. also, they have really swank cars.

:rolleyes:

dderek123
07-17-2013, 05:34 PM
I disagree with one : Asians are not that smarter as it seems.

As a former teacher in Thailand, I agree with you. They are not actually more intelligent. The average IQ for an Asian is about the same as a Westerner or a little bit lower. But, generally they are much more disciplined than we are. I read last week that an Asian with an IQ of 103 has a good chance of being selected for a job over a white person with an IQ of 110 that they both applied for.

I'm just about to finish that book. Real interesting read so far.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41Xx0FlyAhL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU02_.jpg

flabbybody
07-17-2013, 06:42 PM
when stereotypes are written as facts they appear comical. If we laugh at each other it's better than fighting each other.

runround04
07-18-2013, 07:43 AM
Stereo types come from somewhere....

Remember those white guys that crashed the airplanes into our buildings? What about all those asians that rioted in '91? Bloods and crips are mostly Jews and I know a good ol boy with a 6-4 Impala on daytons...

danthepoetman
07-18-2013, 08:09 AM

Sailors like Asian men.
Gay men dress nicely.

LMAO!
Good one, Yogi! And well written and thought of!

It's true that our mind tend to mechanically use induction to see the world. And then again, how else can that be? An XVIIIth century philosopher, David Hume, once demonstrated, in a famous book probably most of you know, "An Enquiry Concerning Human Understanding", that there is hardly ever any necessary link between the things that our intelligence comes to rely in and to relate. For instance: I lit up the round on the oven, I put a pan with water on it and the water boils; I conclude of course, that fire boils water. But in fact, this link is inexistant in itself; for me, it's just a habit: I do one thing, and the other happens. I have the habit of seeing one follow the other, so I come to believe that if one happens, the other will necessarily follow...
The exact same thing happens with our judgements on groups, especially when their members are percieved as being different from us: we see one event, and we of course are struck more by the bad ones rather than by the good ones in general, and we tend to apply what we see to the whole group.
That is why discernment is so important, and education. The world is always much broader than our little, subjective experience, and most simple situations also.

Ben in LA
07-18-2013, 09:17 AM
Stereo types come from somewhere....

Remember those white guys that crashed the airplanes into our buildings? What about all those asians that rioted in '91? Bloods and crips are mostly Jews and I know a good ol boy with a 6-4 Impala on daytons...

True, true...like back in the late 1930s when those Asians decided to "have the final solution" and attempt to kill off all of the Jews.

Or back in the day when those Mexicans decided to become the original "Boys in the Hood" to scare folks away from voting or basic human rights. Maybe they were just too lazy to plow their own fields or clean their own houses...or were they scared someone could do it better than them?

broncofan
07-18-2013, 09:26 AM
Of course I realize the topic was a joke, so I just want to say, us Jews got off easy on the stereotyping. Vote Democrat? List all our merits while you're at it;).

It could be worse. We could be known for having big noses and hoarding pennies:):).

broncofan
07-18-2013, 09:41 AM
It takes a real conscious effort to forget these things.
I agree but it's probably worth the effort. The unconscious brain doesn't get everything right. You might not be getting these ideas from experience but from ancient myths and prejudices.

giovanni_hotel
07-19-2013, 07:38 AM
Every Black person knows someone who's either played in the NBA/NFL or was in jail.

Prospero
07-19-2013, 07:57 AM
when stereotypes are written as facts they appear comical. If we laugh at each other it's better than fighting each other.

100 per cent on that!

Ananke
07-19-2013, 12:43 PM
Of course I realize the topic was a joke, so I just want to say, us Jews got off easy on the stereotyping. Vote Democrat? List all our merits while you're at it;).

It could be worse. We could be known for having big noses and hoarding pennies:):).

Big noses: I was once told that is because air is free! Sorry, no offence meant!:D