PDA

View Full Version : Beautiful Transsexual Homecoming Queen (Devon)

MrsKellyPierce
07-13-2013, 07:13 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wezpHyP5VuI

And then at the last few seconds and update on Devon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMMZCaytAmw

She is post op now

JenniferParisHusband
07-13-2013, 07:34 AM
Beautiful girl, I'm happy for her, and hope she's happy moving forward in life.

BellaBellucci
07-13-2013, 08:10 AM
It helps to have supportive parents, doesn't it? The difference between her life and most of ours is like night and day. There need to be more interviews with those of us who didn't get to grow up like princesses, in order to balance out the public perception. I mean, she was Homecoming Queen, and I'm happy for her, but that's not an accurate depiction of the typical trans experience.

~BB~

robertlouis
07-13-2013, 08:22 AM
It helps to have supportive parents, doesn't it? The difference between her life and most of ours is like night and day. There need to be more interviews with those of us who didn't get to grow up like princesses, in order to balance out the public perception. I mean, she was Homecoming Queen, and I'm happy for her, but that's not an accurate depiction of the typical trans experience.

~BB~

I agree, Bella, but can't we just celebrate for once the fact that a girl has fulfilled her destiny? The comments in the follow-up video make it plain that not everyone agrees with Devon's path.

TatianaSummer
07-13-2013, 10:27 AM
Thanks for sharing this nice video.
So she switch from being stealth to go public to try help other girls like her, sweet!
Helping one girl at a time makes a difference!

danthepoetman
07-13-2013, 10:46 AM
Very nice video! Thank you, Kelly!
I think Bella has a point; which we could hear a bit more about the girls who are basically on their own with the whole world seemingly being against them, and how they proceed to make it against all odds. But you have the feeling that the narrowness of mind is still so great that anything that can open minds a little is helpfull, and maybe such princesses stories are helpful if only for that.
But to imagine how difficult it has been to this girl, it's hard to imagine how it must be for some girls without any resources...

BellaBellucci
07-13-2013, 10:58 AM
I agree, Bella, but can't we just celebrate for once the fact that a girl has fulfilled her destiny? The comments in the follow-up video make it plain that not everyone agrees with Devon's path.

... which makes it all the more important to hear from people who hear those comments daily and DON'T have access to a support system like hers. Of course I'm happy for her, but the celebrations are a bit (read: quite) premature.

~BB~

jdlo56
07-13-2013, 11:14 AM
great video and very inspiring...im happy for her

but how do you know she is post op now? in that katie couric video she said she couldnt afford SRS yet...unless u heard of recent updates?

iagodelgado
07-13-2013, 01:58 PM
... which makes it all the more important to hear from people who hear those comments daily and DON'T have access to a support system like hers. Of course I'm happy for her, but the celebrations are a bit (read: quite) premature.

~BB~

So, why not just post your story?

Here, or how about HD? One of the advantages of Hungdevils is that it has a real trans issues sub-forum.

And I do enjoy a good read (i.e. how life really is, rather than the marketing we get fed).

A lady called Izabette has already taken the route of being more candid on HD. Very refreshing!

youngblood61
07-13-2013, 02:02 PM
Thanks for sharing this nice video.
So she switch from being stealth to go public to try help other girls like her, sweet!
Helping one girl at a time makes a difference!Well said Tatiana.

Bruce Wayne
07-13-2013, 03:01 PM
Does anyone know if she is on twitter or Facebook? I would like to follow her a brave young girl.

TatianaSummer
07-13-2013, 09:17 PM
Well said Tatiana.

thanks! :) :banana:

bluesoul
07-13-2013, 09:30 PM
Does anyone know if she is on twitter or Facebook? I would like to follow her a brave young girl.

you're funny pal

BellaBellucci
07-14-2013, 01:19 AM
So, why not just post your story?

I don't have a publisher paying me an advance. Once I do, I'll write a book. If anyone thinks I don't expect to mitigate my miserable childhood by using it to get rich, they're nuts! :lol:

Here, or how about HD? One of the advantages of Hungdevils is that it has a real trans issues sub-forum.

I'm banned on HD anyway. I have been for years.

And I do enjoy a good read (i.e. how life really is, rather than the marketing we get fed).

Careful. I'm a marketing student. :P

A lady called Izabette has already taken the route of being more candid on HD. Very refreshing!

I don't know her, but is she fascinating? The other problem with so many trans women is that they think they're much more interesting than they actually are, when in reality, the only interesting thing about them is the fact that they're trans. For me, that's not enough, and I think mainstream audiences would agree. If we want to get our stories out there, they need to be dramatic and/or otherwise entertaining.

~BB~

runningdownthatdream
07-14-2013, 02:42 AM
I don't have a publisher paying me an advance. Once I do, I'll write a book. If anyone thinks I don't expect to mitigate my miserable childhood by using it to get rich, they're nuts! :lol:

I'm banned on HD anyway. I have been for years.

Careful. I'm a marketing student. :P

I don't know her, but is she fascinating? The other problem with so many trans women is that they think they're much more interesting than they actually are, when in reality, the only interesting thing about them is the fact that they're trans. For me, that's not enough, and I think mainstream audiences would agree. If we want to get our stories out there, they need to be dramatic and/or otherwise entertaining.

~BB~

That's not unique to trans-people! In general I find people are far far less interesting, smart, funny, attractive, or caring than I think they think they are. Individuality gets lost in a sea of conformity - it's safer that way for most.

robertlouis
07-14-2013, 03:56 AM

~BB~

I agree with you on this, Bella, no question.

My entry to the transgender world was through helping a friend transition in her late 20s, so I don't have any rose-tinted view of what girls - and boys too - go through to achieve the body that matches their mind. It's an unimaginable hell for most people. But in recognising that her story represents a tiny fraction of the reality for most girls, it shouldn't prevent us from wishing her well.

I guess the question is whether presenting only the good news hides the real issues; the answer to that, of course, is a resounding yes.