PDA

View Full Version : What genre of music do you prefer?

KnHd
07-12-2013, 09:30 PM
For me it has to be metal, the heavier and faster the better.

Lamb of God - Set To Fail - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUylZ08N_Q4)

Ms.Stepford
07-12-2013, 09:52 PM
Hip-hop, old goth, crust punk, and John Zorn

BellaBellucci
07-12-2013, 09:55 PM
Everything, but mostly rock, house, trip-hop, industrial, and ambient. Oh, and Brit pop, current and former.

~BB~

danthepoetman
07-12-2013, 10:25 PM
Mostly ambient music, but also love Jazz, alternative rock, goth music, blues, symphonic music (some classical although most is boring to me, some romantic although most is overbearing, much more modern music, especially Bartok and Philip Glass), a bit of soul. I love poet singers in general or poetry put in songs. And I particularly love religious music of the XVIth and early XVIIth century, especially a capella chorals hymns. I used to listen to a bit of flamenco, especially Manitas de Plata, but I rarely do today; but I hate the commercial type of flamenco. The same goes for Tango -I like A. Piazola and a few groups (the New York Tango ensemble with Richard Galiano). Some pop. I still like a lot of classic rock, but rarely do I indulge, or mostly when I'm drunk.

youngblood61
07-12-2013, 10:26 PM
Love R+B,some hip-hop.

EvaCassini
07-12-2013, 10:34 PM
Bleep Blorp :)

danthepoetman
07-12-2013, 10:36 PM
Bleep Blorp :)
Is it a form of Zajj?

bluesoul
07-12-2013, 10:39 PM
i don't think in terms of genre- but there is a lot of music i don't listen to. for example: hiphop/rap, pop, dance, house, dubstep, trance, r&b (except old motown and 60s detroit type soul), soft rock, death metal, heavy metal (except black sabbath or anything in that vein) and certainly no emo or any goth type related music.

http://i.imgur.com/yfbSX.gif

BellaBellucci
07-12-2013, 10:52 PM
Oh, and EIGHTIES - rock, pop, new wave, etc! :D

~BB~

danthepoetman
07-12-2013, 11:18 PM
Oh, and EIGHTIES - rock, pop, new wave, etc! :D

~BB~

New wave was nice! Yes!

youngblood61
07-12-2013, 11:19 PM
Eighties not so much.

Prospero
07-12-2013, 11:45 PM
Gosh... John Zorn.... he is amazing Trixi....

My taste -- almost anything and everything if it is good. There that's totally vague isn't it.... for it is easier to list what i DON"T like.

BellaBellucci
07-12-2013, 11:52 PM
Eighties not so much.

Well, there's no accounting for taste. :whistle:

~BB~

TSBootyLondon
07-12-2013, 11:54 PM
Unless of course your name is Bella! ;-)

I love your name... not just because we share the same taste but the entire Bella Belluci is very sexy...

x

Well, there's no accounting for taste. :whistle:

~BB~

BellaBellucci
07-13-2013, 12:06 AM
Unless of course your name is Bella! ;-)

I love your name... not just because we share the same taste but the entire Bella Belluci is very sexy...

x

Thanks, lady! :party:

~BB~

MDinMD
07-13-2013, 12:20 AM
Berlin School electronic techno. Tangerine Dream at their peak ('78 to '85 or so) is the ultimate in this genre.

danthepoetman
07-13-2013, 12:34 AM
Gosh... John Zorn.... he is amazing Trixi....

My taste -- almost anything and everything if it is good. There that's totally vague isn't it.... for it is easier to list what i DON"T like.
It's a trick I should have used myself! I agree... :)

Ben in LA
07-13-2013, 12:42 AM
Depends on my mood. I'm my car I currently have CDs by 5 Starr, Blind Faith, 2Pac, Britney Spears, and Bob James.

I pretty much listen to everything except metal, bluegrass, country, and GOSPEL!

Sometimes it's fun blasting 2 Live Crew...

maddygirl
07-13-2013, 12:51 AM
House, Pop, Old-school Rap, Eurodance, Trance.

fred41
07-13-2013, 01:04 AM
I can listen to almost anything...or to be more accurate - I can find something I'll like in almost any genre, but like most people , I have preferences. Mostly I prefer hard rock, metal & goth. I love rock...but I find it almost impossible to listen to what people call cookie monster (where the front man doesn't sing but sounds like he's gargling)-unless some normal vocal talent is mixed in. I also can't listen to heroin jazz.

Dino Velvet
07-13-2013, 01:13 AM
Metal/Hard Rock/Classic Rock and some Country but more Outlaw/Alternative Country as opposed to the bubble-gum poppy Nashville crapola.

runningdownthatdream
07-13-2013, 01:27 AM
I give just about any type of music from anywhere in the world a try. If I make a connection with the sound whether I understand the lyrics of not don't matter. Lyrics become more important the more sparse the instrumentation - difficult to really enjoy solo anything including voice. When instruments, voice, and the story of the piece intertwine successfully i'm in heaven. That atmosphere is difficult to find. When I'm not looking for new music I'll listen to variations of the blues (mostly up to the late 60s), Old country, folk, bluegrass, hip hop, and reggae

Music saved my life more than once.

rockabilly
07-13-2013, 01:43 AM
Old school country ( Hank Williams , Patsy Cline )
Metal ( Ozzy , Avenged Sevenfold , Rammstein )
Alt ( Nirvana , Weezer , Pixies , Cure , Joy Division )
Rock ( Skynnerd , The Who , The Cars )

I listen to lots of stuff
Too tired to add it all

Quiet Reflections
07-13-2013, 02:18 AM
Punk, metal, classical and bluegrass are my go to genres but I do like some hip hop and trance

Idt20082008"
07-13-2013, 02:29 AM
Rock
Classic Rock
Metal
Alternative/Punk
Hip Hop (More old school)
Jazz
R&B/Motown

Almost anything other than Country

robertlouis
07-13-2013, 05:05 AM
I tend not to think in terms of genres, because in music, as in other art forms, there should be no artificial barriers or straitjacketing definitions.

So I guess I'm pretty open to most things, although an awful lot of metal is just noise to me, and I'm utterly bewildered - see above - by the constant shifting and creation of new subdivisions of modern forms.

But in terms of what I like, it would include romantic and post romantic classical symphonists, oratorio, chamber music for strings, accessible (!) jazz, late 60s west coast rock, Chicago blues, folk, nu and alt-country, Americana....

Then there's what I do myself, solo singer-songwriter stuff. For me it's about the song, with an equal interest in music and lyrics. I hate anything which gets in the way of the song, like over-elaborate instrumentation or ego. Let the song speak.

And I could list hundreds of people in this area of music, most of whom nobody has ever heard of!

wtfdilligaf
07-13-2013, 05:13 AM
Anything but Opera, Disco and Rap.

maxpower
07-13-2013, 06:05 AM
Rock and roll - Early, classic, 60's, British invasion, garage, punk, power pop, 80's, alternative...

TatianaSummer
07-13-2013, 10:40 AM
I love EDM, Techno, Dance, House, Industrial, Cyber, Gothic, Reggaeton, and Pop.

dderek123
07-14-2013, 05:10 PM
Used to love "alternative". I've been warming up to heavy music lately.

youngblood61
07-14-2013, 05:24 PM
Really love all types. Way to many to list.