PDA

View Full Version : Dead Skunk In The Back Yard

Dino Velvet
06-21-2013, 07:07 PM
Surprised the first dead one I've seen. Skunks are the most hostile creatures I feed down there. Not dangerous but hostile. They hold their ground thinking their tail is a sawed-off shotgun. It's a stinky-enough rose that I stay away but seems the scent enraged something, possibly a raccoon.

Before I approached the skunk I made sure the thing was dead hitting it with a few good rocks then turning the hose on it. Didn't want any last reflex twitch out of a skunk. Took a shovel, put in in a trash can then the other can that I take to the street. RIP

http://thegatewaypundit.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/skunk.jpg

Ecstatic
06-21-2013, 07:13 PM
Dino, for about 10 years we had a very unusual albino skunk patrolling our neighborhood at night. It never bothered anyone, though I would see it from time to time. I think it finally died of old age.

GroobyKrissy
06-21-2013, 07:15 PM
Lemon Drop probably left it there.

Sulka_bewitched_me
06-21-2013, 07:16 PM

:dead::dead::dead::dead::dead::dead::dead:

Dino Velvet
06-21-2013, 07:19 PM

How dare you!

NightmareX0666
06-21-2013, 07:21 PM
Looks like the old cat finally took out Pepe Le Pew for good this time...

GroobyKrissy
06-21-2013, 07:22 PM
How dare you!

I didn't do it... I think you meant, "How dare SHE!" (next time, leave a better tip than just a few extra drops)

Sulka_bewitched_me
06-21-2013, 07:25 PM
I didn't do it... I think you meant, "How dare SHE!" (next time, leave a better tip than just a few extra drops)

:claps:claps:claps:claps:claps Bravo. You have a very sharp wit Krissy.

Dino Velvet
06-21-2013, 07:26 PM

She doesn't seem too concerned with money. More like paying a cover charge than giving a donation.

GroobyKrissy
06-21-2013, 07:33 PM
:claps:claps:claps:claps:claps Bravo. You have a very sharp wit Krissy.

*curtseys gracefully*
*then falls flat on her ass*

Stavros
06-21-2013, 07:57 PM
I didn't know you had skunks in LA, Dino...

Dino Velvet
06-21-2013, 08:06 PM
I didn't know you had skunks in LA, Dino...

All kinda wildlife comes down from Mulholland. Not only skunks but I've seen coyotes(not for a long time) and several deer wandering the neighborhood. Thank God the possums are long gone. In the general LA area you see reports of bears and mountain lions going through people's trash cans. Animal Control has been good of late tranquilizing and releasing the poor confused beasts.

Willie Escalade
06-21-2013, 11:33 PM
Back when I used to drive for the LACMTA, I ran over a skunk up in Altadena...during the summer. Local folks know how hot it gets up there. I literally dragged the carcass about a block and a half because the mud guards beneath the bus go the full width. I had to wait almost an hour for the mechanics to bring me another bus (my yard was in El Monte)...and given it was over 92 degrees up on Altadena Drive and North Lake Avenue, sitting on the bus with the engine running was NOT an option.

The stench goddamn!

youngblood61
06-22-2013, 12:52 AM
A dead skunk, you can smell it for miles!:hide-1:

Dino Velvet
06-22-2013, 12:55 AM
A dead skunk, you can smell it for miles!:jerkoff

My trash gets picked up on Wednesday too. Gonna be hot this weekend and Pepe's gonna ripen. Love the smell of decomp in the morning...

youngblood61
06-22-2013, 12:59 AM
My trash gets picked up on Wednesday too. Gonna be hot this weekend and Pepe's gonna ripen. Love the smell of decomp in the morning...
Hell of a stench to wake up to DV!

Dino Velvet
06-22-2013, 01:27 AM
Hell of a stench to wake up to DV!

I was gonna make a scareskunk and hang it upside down off the wires to keep other skunks away.

robertlouis
06-22-2013, 02:25 AM
I thought that "dead skunk in the backyard" was some kind of felching code...:dancing:

In the meantime, Loudon Wainwright III.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UejelYnVI3U

danthepoetman
06-22-2013, 07:21 AM
Here, they do the garbages at sundown. You meet one every now and then at night; if you get too close they lift their tail and you change direction, although I must say that a few times, I came 2 or 3 feet to one by accident and it didn't blinked. I never saw one shoot it's stuff.
I had a cat that was showered, once. It was hell to get rid of the stink. And that cat was combative; given a bath to it was like fighting the whole Korean war. Once it also came home with a smell of gasoline; that one I liked even less...

GroobyKrissy
06-22-2013, 08:03 AM
*pokes head in door*

Thought I heard someone say, "Korean"...?

Amy Gray
06-22-2013, 08:19 AM
*pokes head in door*

Yeah, I heard North Korea has weaponized kimchi... (http://www.wildmanstevebrill.com/Plants.Folder/Skunk%20Cabbage.html)

danthepoetman
06-22-2013, 09:11 AM
*pokes head in door*

I just wish for a bed Korean wrestling with you, Krissy. I promess I'd be very tender!! ;)
...and it would also take place South and North...

danthepoetman
06-22-2013, 09:16 AM
Yeah, I heard North Korea has weaponized kimchi... (http://www.wildmanstevebrill.com/Plants.Folder/Skunk%20Cabbage.html)
Discretely put this one in your best ennemi's garden... :hide-1:

eded
11-24-2015, 12:27 AM
Very informative. Thank you.