PDA

View Full Version : hpv

Ananke
06-21-2013, 11:55 AM
I don't now if this has been discussed before?
Has anyone any thoughts about HPV (human papillomavirus) which seems to be a major cause of oral & throat cancer and transmitted through oral sex.
Nobody concerned especially thinking of OWO?

danthepoetman
06-21-2013, 12:25 PM
Forget me on this one...
http://replygif.net/i/111

starkem
06-21-2013, 02:29 PM
This is of great concern. What is the OWO reference mean?

Now...with regard to your inquiry, people are going to engage in sex no matter how much afraid of certain consequences they become. It doesn't make it right or wrong or whatever...the key here is awareness rather than fear. I don't wish to implicate you as spreading fear, nor do I take your topic as frivolous.

I think a friend of mine died in this horrific manner. I can't be certain as these cases oftentimes are misdiagnosed as something else in my non-professional opinion.

I am, however, always disturbed by anyone suggesting that we curb our enthusiasm for sex (albeit I am not a very sexual or affectionate person) over demanding cures for these diseases. These precautionary tales are always rooted in some moral undertaking of "see that's what you get!". But pay me little mind because I have always believed that sexual transmissions of diseases were created somewhere in laboratory by the government to keep people from expressing sexual freedom. So what do I know indeed....

:wiggle:

Prospero
06-21-2013, 02:32 PM
OWO = Oral without (condoms)

starkem
06-21-2013, 02:41 PM

Thank You for the acronym explanation! :)

Ananke
06-21-2013, 05:36 PM
It was not my intention to scare everyone, but, at the same time, if you want to make an informed choice, you've got to be informed in the first place...
Life in itself is a risky business!

rodinuk
06-21-2013, 08:01 PM
It has been mentioned in the thread entitled HPV, how many of you have it which can be found using the Search engine which is one way of discovering whether things have been discussed before.

MrBest
06-21-2013, 08:17 PM
I don't now if this has been discussed before?
Has anyone any thoughts about HPV (human papillomavirus) which seems to be a major cause of oral & throat cancer and transmitted through oral sex.
Nobody concerned especially thinking of OWO?
it comes with the territory of being promiscuous that and herpes

the only you could do is get vaccinated for HPV and avoid certain acts

amberskyi
06-21-2013, 08:21 PM
You probably already have hpv, the majority of sexually active adults do so chill out

Ananke
06-21-2013, 08:25 PM
It has been mentioned in the thread entitled HPV, how many of you have it which can be found using the Search engine which is one way of discovering whether things have been discussed before.

Did a search...for some reason it didn't come up....sorry.

MrBest
06-21-2013, 08:26 PM
You probably already have hpv, the majority of sexually active adults do so chill out
yes but its harm shouldnt be undermined in regards to cervical and rectal cancer

Ananke
06-21-2013, 08:29 PM
it comes with the territory of being promiscuous that and herpes

the only you could do is get vaccinated for HPV and avoid certain acts
Vaccination works only if you have it done when still in your teens! A little late for me :(

amberskyi
06-21-2013, 08:37 PM
yes but its harm shouldnt be undermined in regards to cervical and rectal cancer

Just stay on top of your health, maintain a strong immune system and treat break outs when they happen.that's all one really can do

MrBest
06-21-2013, 08:41 PM
Vaccination works only if you have it done when still in your teens! A little late for me :(
my county clinic has a age limit of 26 yrs for males

if you have a doctor im sure he can administer the vaccine regardless of age

Ananke
06-21-2013, 11:45 PM
my county clinic has a age limit of 26 yrs for males

if you have a doctor im sure he can administer the vaccine regardless of age
Tell me if I am wrong, but I understand vaccination doesn't work when you are older, is because by then, you have already been infected.
Of course, and fortunately, it is only a small percentage of the infected people who are going to get cancer.
But, yes, maybe it would be a good idea to get our children vaccinated? Food for thought?

danthepoetman
06-21-2013, 11:56 PM
That's what I was thinking: OWO MY GOD!

rodinuk
06-21-2013, 11:58 PM
Why doesn't the OP go and read the Wikipedia article on this subject which at least cites actual references and facts about the subject he's waffling on about. Just in case he can't find it here's the link:

Human papillomavirus - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_papillomavirus)

Ananke
06-22-2013, 12:16 AM
Why doesn't the OP go and read the Wikipedia article on this subject which at least cites actual references and facts about the subject he's waffling on about. Just in case he can't find it here's the link:

Human papillomavirus - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_papillomavirus)
Waffling?
sorry...just showing some concern.
Anyway, I will just shut up...

MrBest
06-22-2013, 01:03 AM
Tell me if I am wrong, but I understand vaccination doesn't work when you are older, is because by then, you have already been infected.
yes but you have to keep in mind there are several dangerous strains of the virus

But, yes, maybe it would be a good idea to get our children vaccinated? Food for thought?
it has been strongly advocated

nonnonnon
06-22-2013, 01:07 AM
I don't want to end up like michael douglas but girls get mad if you wanna use a dental dam

Westheangelino
06-23-2013, 01:02 AM
People actually use dental dams???????????

danthepoetman
06-23-2013, 01:49 AM
What's a dental dam anyways??

Ananke
06-23-2013, 08:34 PM
A dental dam is a rubber sheet that the dentist places around a particular tooth so that when he works on that tooth, it will be isolated from the rest of the mouth. This reduces the risk of inhalation of small instruments and it reduces also contamination.
That is all I am going to say or I will be accused of waffling again...hahaha....

danthepoetman
06-23-2013, 10:19 PM
A dental dam is a rubber sheet that the dentist places around a particular tooth so that when he works on that tooth, it will be isolated from the rest of the mouth. This reduces the risk of inhalation of small instruments and it reduces also contamination.
That is all I am going to say or I will be accused of waffling again...hahaha....
Thanks for the clarification, Ananke. So now I get it: you were being sarcastic. Oups! :)
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9t1u7IGRy1rda5s8o7_r1_400.gif

amberskyi
06-24-2013, 12:02 AM
I don't want to end up like michael douglas but girls get mad if you wanna use a dental dam

That doesn't matter because you can get it from skin to skin contact as well.you plan on wearing gloves every time you touch your partners genitals?

danthepoetman
06-24-2013, 02:24 AM
I'm learning so much, tonight!

Wendy Summers
06-24-2013, 02:51 AM
People actually use dental dams???????????

Well if you go to a lesbian bar and hook up with a random... oh wait - sorry forgot who I'm chatting with..