PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else tired of how the new covers trans people?

Amy Gray
06-20-2013, 08:32 AM
I read this article today (http://observer.com/2013/06/ihookers-transgender-sex-workers-may-really-love-the-meatpacking-apple-store/) and found myself mildly annoyed. I kind of wish "journalists" would go out of their way to sensationalize every single issue involving trans people while going out of their way to be nasty.

Gillian
06-20-2013, 09:25 AM
You're not alone in being annoyed judging by the comments people have posted below the article.

Jericho
06-20-2013, 09:33 AM
Cliff notes?

Rabbiteyes
06-20-2013, 09:36 AM
Cliff notes?

It's like 2 paragraphs long ~_~

natina
06-20-2013, 10:01 AM
its not like that is an "A" news outlet (1st tier)

there like 3rd or 4th tier

they need controversy to get attention

Prospero
06-20-2013, 10:36 AM
It's a shabby little publication....

rjshemalelover
06-20-2013, 02:35 PM
The media has a whole as never been a friend of the transgender community. Almost 99% of the time they will refer to a t-girl as "HE" in their news stories and there was actually an article about a girl who was murdered and dumped in a pond in Cleveland and the journalist refered to the murdered individual as "IT" multiple times. It's sad but when American Society doesnt understand something they just dont seem to know how to still be professional.

Jericho
06-20-2013, 04:06 PM
It's like 2 paragraphs long ~_~

Yah, I've a two sentence attention span! :shrug

rockabilly
06-20-2013, 04:35 PM
I completely agree , I much prefer how the old covers trans people.
The old obviously get colder easier and tend to have extra sweaters and blankets , and it's very sweet how they offer to share with the trans community.

my my my!
06-20-2013, 05:06 PM
Amy, I have a yahoo email account and every time I log in , it guides you to the "top stories" of which some are about gay or transgendered issues or stories.

Well, yahoo is a true cesspool of the worst of humanity. Whenever they post something about transgendered people, all the top rated "thumbs up" comments are of the "he is still a man" or "what an abomination" variety. And when someone defends transsexuals, they get thumbed down and comment hidden due to low rating.

It's sad, as the transgendered community has a long way to go for acceptance, apparently.

Bruce Wayne
06-21-2013, 11:33 PM
Yeah the American news media is a crap how it treats transgendered people. America still has a ways too go in stop being bigots. Hopefully in the next ten to twenty years things are different.

GroobyKrissy
06-22-2013, 12:00 AM
Yeah the American news media is a crap how it treats transgendered people. America still has a ways too go in stop being bigots. Hopefully in the next ten to twenty years things are different.

It would help if Batman banged a TS in the next movie. Make it happen.

Bruce Wayne
06-22-2013, 12:14 AM
I agree Krissy you can be Huntress and seduce me.

natina
06-23-2013, 05:45 AM
the cookies on your computer and yahoo has learned what sort of stories

you like and it has customized your browser sites to include stories they

they have learned you like through profiles of your browsing habits

Amy, I have a yahoo email account and every time I log in , it guides you to the "top stories" of which some are about gay or transgendered issues or stories.

Well, yahoo is a true cesspool of the worst of humanity. Whenever they post something about transgendered people, all the top rated "thumbs up" comments are of the "he is still a man" or "what an abomination" variety. And when someone defends transsexuals, they get thumbed down and comment hidden due to low rating.

It's sad, as the transgendered community has a long way to go for acceptance, apparently.

bimale69
06-23-2013, 11:13 AM
The news media is crap PERIOD. The people writing almost always omit facts or twist them in a way that they can make something more sensationalized or scandalous so they can sell more papers or get bigger ratings. Fox News(Faux News I call them) is an example, since it is controlled by former Nixon stooge Roger Ailes, who is a bigoted asshole himself.

Prospero
06-23-2013, 11:42 AM
bimale69E .... that is a pretty blanket condemnation. I think you are wrong. Try the New York Times or the news hour on PBS for instance. Watch the BBC news. Try National Public Radio. Try the Financial Times of The Economist. All good news sources which do try to be unbiased.

if you measure all by Fox you're bound to get a very jaundiced view. I agree re Fox - it is a pile of unadulterated right-wing propaganda and rabble rousing bullshit of the worst sort. But that really is not true of all journalism in the US or wider world.

danthepoetman
06-23-2013, 12:26 PM
I agree. And you sense very much that on the topic of transsexuality, there is progress nonetheless, and despite some terrible pieces of journalism. Always better to go with public broadcasters than private...

bimale69
06-23-2013, 06:21 PM
bimale69E .... that is a pretty blanket condemnation. I think you are wrong. Try the New York Times or the news hour on PBS for instance. Watch the BBC news. Try National Public Radio. Try the Financial Times of The Economist. All good news sources which do try to be unbiased.

if you measure all by Fox you're bound to get a very jaundiced view. I agree re Fox - it is a pile of unadulterated right-wing propaganda and rabble rousing bullshit of the worst sort. But that really is not true of all journalism in the US or wider world.

You haven't seen some of these rednecks here out on the road that take Fox News as gospel, and that's not counting the hateful, bigoted crap I hear on the CB radio, lol

Stavros
06-23-2013, 06:34 PM
It would help if Batman banged a TS in the next movie. Make it happen.

Krissy, has Batman ever 'banged' anyone in any of the film versions? Do any of those 'superheroes' have sex? Superman 'has' Lois Lane as arm candy, not sure they even kiss; Iron Man has Pepper Pots...not much action under the iron there...if you were a Superhero, a) who would you be, and b) would you have sex? (This may be the daftest question I have ever asked...)

MacShreach
06-23-2013, 07:12 PM
the cookies on your computer and yahoo has learned what sort of stories

you like and it has customized your browser sites to include stories they

they have learned you like through profiles of your browsing habits

You mean you're not set to clear all cookies at the end of each session? Really?

As regards Yahoo, it's shit. If you ever want a good laugh just google a question (OK bing it, whatever) and add the term yahoo. LOL Yahoo Answers--where morons go to impress other morons

buttslinger
06-23-2013, 07:34 PM
The newspaper doesn't deliver the truth, it delivers........the news?

The VAST majority of citizens think transgendered people are sex-obsessed uber-nymphos that dress like whores til they get the chance to take their clothes off? Where would they get THAT idea?????

my my my!
06-24-2013, 08:02 PM
example of what i was talking about,

scroll down to the top comments and the people that reply to the top comments.

all the trans understanding comments are thumbed down and all the ignorant comments are thumbs up.

http://news.yahoo.com/rights-case-ruling-favors-colo-transgender-girl-142155581.html

danthepoetman
06-24-2013, 08:07 PM
Yes, you get stupidity of cosmic dimensions on Yahoo... and about anything.

youngblood61
06-24-2013, 09:35 PM
Stupidity is all I can say!