PDA

View Full Version : I miss the old trolls

Odelay
06-18-2013, 05:21 AM
Some of them at least had balls. Hondarobot actually told everyone the night club where he worked in the Twin Cities. Nightrider, I believe, actually showed face in chat. Daryl Washington, well, he pretty much posted his work address, home address, cell phone, everything.

These new trolls are true eunuchs, hiding behind anonymity, creating new accounts, etc.

broncofan
06-18-2013, 05:23 AM
I remember reading the posts. When I was in Minneapolis I drove by the nightclub Honda worked at. It's called Gay 90's. I never went in. I've read the forum since about 2005 or so, so I've seen most of the characters along the way. The board would get swamped by trolling and that pretty much doesn't happen now, cause they're booted as they come.

robertlouis
06-18-2013, 05:26 AM
Some of them at least had balls. Hondarobot actually told everyone the night club where he worked in the Twin Cities. Nightrider, I believe, actually showed face in chat. Daryl Washington, well, he pretty much posted his work address, home address, cell phone, everything.

These new trolls are true eunuchs, hiding behind anonymity, creating new accounts, etc.

You're almost suggesting that the old trolls had integrity, and I guess in a way that you're right.

Should we dedicate a statue to the Unknown Troll?

Odelay
06-18-2013, 05:34 AM
You're almost suggesting that the old trolls had integrity, and I guess in a way that you're right.

Should we dedicate a statue to the Unknown Troll?

Everyone light a candle, or at least blow out a good fart, to pay homage. A statue seems like overkill.

robertlouis
06-18-2013, 05:38 AM
Everyone light a candle, or at least blow out a good fart, to pay homage. A statue seems like overkill.

Hey, those pigeons need something to shit on, you know!

Prospero
06-18-2013, 08:10 AM
as The Who nearly sang " Meet the new trolls, same as the old trolls."

Naaaahhhhh Trolls are trolls.....

youngblood61
06-18-2013, 10:13 AM
Hey, those pigeons need something to shit on, you know!I'll blow a fart for pantic, since he is such an asshole.:)

Prospero
06-18-2013, 10:15 AM
Pantic is now part of the history of HA... and has been exiled.

Like many trolls though, if he has an ounce of cleverness (dubious) he'll be back with a new nom de guerre

MacShreach
06-18-2013, 11:33 AM

The names you mention were not trolls at all, they were active, contributing members who were often very entertaining and actually tried to make things fun. Mimi Plastique was always hilarious and there were many, many others. That was the whole point. There were plenty of unsavoury characters--I won't mention names, they don't deserve it--but they weren't really trolls, just objectionable people. There were real trolls, and I see their names still here, so I suppose they must have run for cover.

I can remember evenings with a bottle of wine and HA and frankly 4 or 5 hours just vanished with constant banter on a stack of threads...

The new trolls are just not as smart as the old ones, if they are trolls at all.

Genetic
06-18-2013, 12:49 PM
So like an Unknown Soldier type thing...the Unknown Trolldier?

I miss the old trolls too. Pic related.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQALMeizK_NdGF4IqBL3NKrsy5zY9RME HeQSHUy_YeVNCUkluMndQ

dderek123
06-18-2013, 01:23 PM
Remember KeepingItReal?

He would always resort to internet threats.

Rabbiteyes
06-18-2013, 01:36 PM

You say eunuchs like a bad thing ~_~_~

MacShreach
06-18-2013, 01:38 PM
Remember KeepingItReal?

He would always resort to internet threats.
He was fucking hilarious. And SO serious! You remember Capslock AKA MEGABODY? He cracked me up

MacShreach
06-18-2013, 01:39 PM
Love it babe

JenniferParisHusband
06-18-2013, 09:02 PM
So like an Unknown Soldier type thing...the Unknown Trolldier?

I miss the old trolls too. Pic related.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQALMeizK_NdGF4IqBL3NKrsy5zY9RME HeQSHUy_YeVNCUkluMndQ

I am not entirely certain as to why, but those things always reminded me of the Olsen Twins.

robertlouis
06-18-2013, 09:11 PM
I am not entirely certain as to why, but those things always reminded me of the Olsen Twins.

That's the kind of post that makes me glad that I live in the UK and can remain innocently ignorant of such horrors.....

dderek123
06-18-2013, 09:11 PM
He was fucking hilarious. And SO serious! You remember Capslock AKA MEGABODY? He cracked me up

Yep the ALL CAPS RAGE used to be a very common thing around here. Now people are using bold and italics. Getting all fancy and stuff.

The new trolls are really lame. But at least the mods get rid of them quickly these days.

robertlouis
06-18-2013, 09:14 PM
Yep the ALL CAPS RAGE used to be a very common thing around here. Now people are using bold and italics. Getting all fancy and stuff.

The new trolls are really lame. But at least the mods get rid of them quickly these days.

It was the guys who used different colours that weirded me out. Bit like the poison pen letters that are traditionally penned in green ink.

Prospero
06-18-2013, 09:25 PM
what.... nowt wrong with green

robertlouis
06-18-2013, 09:29 PM
what.... nowt wrong with green

F'kin' 'ell. There's always one..... :fu:

MacShreach
06-18-2013, 11:32 PM
It was the guys who used different colours that weirded me out. Bit like the poison pen letters that are traditionally penned in green ink.
There was a guy I can't remember his name, which I feel a bit sorry about because I really liked him, started using white to write stuff--which on the board at that time was invisible until somebody quoted him. He had some great craic.

MacShreach
06-18-2013, 11:34 PM

MEGABODY was an actual person, some sort of physical trainer...actually he was a really OK guy who seemed to support the girls a lot, but fuck me reading his posts--which were always all caps-- made you cross-eyed and he just would not stop.

Odelay
06-19-2013, 01:06 AM

Ahh yes, I probably should have used a different metaphor. Sorry, darling. No offense intended.