PDA

View Full Version : Chef Mike's Religious Hate

Vicki Richter
05-17-2006, 09:46 PM
This is what it leads to... It starts with mocking a religion, then it ends up here. Too bad people are so closed minded and evil in our world.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20060517/wl_uk_afp/britainnirelandreligionmurderfuneral

BELFAST (AFP) - About 2,000 people in Northern Ireland have turned out for the funeral of a Catholic teenager who was beaten to death in a vicious sectarian attack as he went to buy a takeaway pizza.

ADVERTISEMENT

Fifteen-year-old Michael McIlveen's death on May 7 was the latest in the 37-year "Troubles" between the Protestant and Catholic communities in Northern Ireland that has seen some 3,600 people killed.

The youngster was attacked by thugs in an alleyway in the mainly Protestant town of Ballymena, in the northeast of the province. He was allegedly beaten with a baseball bat before having his head stamped upon.

Six Protestant youths have since been charged with murder.

On Wednesday morning, the funeral cortege left the McIlveen family home behind a white coffin.

His classmates paid their own tributes to the youngster, forming a guard of honour wearing the jerseys of Glasgow football clubs Rangers and Celtic, which are supported by Protestants and Catholics respectively in the province.

Reconciliation between the two religious communities was the central message of Catholic priest Father Paul Symonds' sermon in All Saints Church, just a short distance from where Michael was killed.

"The family have been deeply moved by the love and concern shown to them. They have shown a wonderful example," he told the congregation.

"Throughout this whole time, I have never heard one tiny word of recrimination or condemnation -- they have borne their grief with incredible dignity. Michael had lived a life which embraced all sides of the community."

The Reverend Ian Paisley, leader of Northern Ireland's largest Protestant party the Democratic Unionists (DUP), who represents the local constituency of North Antrim, was detained by business at the London parliament.

He sent a local member of the party as his representative instead.

But the killing was raised in Prime Minister Tony Blair's weekly question and answer session with lawmakers, including Paisley, who himself hailed the minute's silence held by Northern Ireland Assembly members on Monday.

Mark Durkan, leader of the moderate Catholic Social Democratic Labour Party, also praised the uniting of Celtic and Rangers fans.

He suggested it should spur on politicians of all sides in the assembly to resolve their long-standing differences and finally agree on a power-sharing devolved government.

Vicki Richter
05-17-2006, 09:52 PM
I refer to this:

http://usera.imagecave.com/chefmike/reserect.jpg

If this doesn't display anti-Christian undertones I don't know what does. He just does it to antagonize me I know, but it is still lame and disrespectful of others.

chefmike
05-17-2006, 09:53 PM
LMFAO...are you off your meds again, vicki? That should make for a fun coupla days...it was a only a matter of time...

chefmike
05-17-2006, 09:56 PM
I refer to this:

If this doesn't display anti-Christian undertones I don't know what does. He just does it to antagonize me I know, but it is still lame and disrespectful of others.

hhhmmmm...paranoia and delusions of grandeur....you must be off your meds again princess....

trish
05-17-2006, 10:05 PM
looks like a painting of Satan getting a taste of his own medicene. what's antichristian 'bout that?

BeardedOne
05-17-2006, 10:08 PM
Undertones aside, I just think it's bad art with a capitol 'B' and "thingies" around the word "art". :lol:

But I enjoy those big-eyed-waif paintings that you used to see in the back of TV Guide. I guess there's no accounting, yada, yada. :shrug

Now can't you kidz please play nice?

:smh

chefmike
05-17-2006, 10:10 PM
somehow this all seems so familiar...

http://www.hungangels.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=5239&start=0

http://www.hungangels.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=5231&highlight=vicki+nazareth

http://www.hungangels.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=5440&start=0

Vicki Richter
05-17-2006, 10:10 PM
Well we all know why you have anti-Christian propaganda in your profile... Since I am the only one on the site who stands up for my beliefs in that area.

Hey it's OK... as long as it's made obvious. But spreading hate in other areas just displays your bigotry and hypocracy... I am sure if TG's are murdered for being who we are you would stand up and declare it a travesty, but when people are killed for religion you just help propogate that hatred and make a mockery out of it. It's pathetic.

chefmike
05-17-2006, 10:17 PM
All you other devil worshippers can find more of this anti-christian art here...and thanks for the plug, vicki... :wink:

http://www.vomitus.com/museum/icons.html

blahblahblah
05-17-2006, 10:24 PM
I dunno if my posts hurt true christians here, if so, i'm deeply sorry for that. Since my mom is a muslim, and my father a catholic i really don't know who i am. But i hate any form of religion, anyway..

Vicki Richter
05-17-2006, 10:29 PM
Hate's a strong word. Those six guys who killed that Christian hated him too.

Quinn
05-17-2006, 10:33 PM
Belief in God is fine with me; it's any form of organized religion that I have a problem with. So far as I'm concerned, organized religion is little more than a vehicle through which people avoid accepting personal responsability for their lives.

-Quinn

chefmike
05-17-2006, 10:35 PM
I dunno if my posts hurt true christians here, if so, i'm deeply sorry for that. Since my mom is a muslim, and my father a catholic i really don't know who i am. But i hate any form of religion, anyway..

Organized religion has caused more needless death and heartache than anything else in the history of this planet...

J, I think it's time for you to come out of lurk mode....how can you resist this thread?

Trogdor
05-17-2006, 11:10 PM
Yep, more people have been killed in the name of organized religion than in all the wars we ever had.

Some examples are:

1: The Crusades
2: The Spanish Inquisition
3: The Salem witch hunts
4: The witch hunts of Europe( nick named the women's holocaust )
5: The attept of converting the Native Americans, after taking away their land
6: The stuff going on mentioned in this very thread

I can see god going, " I gave you folks a nice planet and you fucked it up. " :P

To quote David Lister, "They're only using religion as an excuse to be extreamly crappy to one another."

chefmike
05-18-2006, 12:17 AM
We gotta keep Vicki's thread going! We all need more Jesus and less Chefmike!! Hallelujah...I have seen the light!!!!

White_Male_Canada
05-18-2006, 01:07 AM
This is what it leads to... It starts with mocking a religion, then it ends up here. Too bad people are so closed minded and evil in our world...He just does it to antagonize me I know...

Why concern yourself with an individual who has the intellectual gravitas

of a mealworm.

MATT 7:6 Titus 1:10

scipio
05-18-2006, 01:15 AM
Yep, more people have been killed in the name of organized religion than in all the wars we ever had.

Some examples are:

1: The Crusades
2: The Spanish Inquisition
3: The Salem witch hunts
4: The witch hunts of Europe( nick named the women's holocaust )
5: The attept of converting the Native Americans, after taking away their land
6: The stuff going on mentioned in this very thread

I can see god going, " I gave you folks a nice planet and you fucked it up. " :P

To quote David Lister, "They're only using religion as an excuse to be extreamly crappy to one another."

This is simply NOT true. In terms of sheer volume, more people have been killed in NON-religious massacres - if you add up Stalin and Mao's totals, I think you'l find they far eclipsed what you have listed there in terms of actual numbers. You can't count every Native American killed by colonialists as a religious death, the VAST majority were not, and the genocide started before attempting mass conversions (although the Catholic priests certainly weren't averse to a little slaughter in the name of the Almighty).

Everyone is entitled to their opinion - but I do not hold religion to blame, ever. It is people that do this, and they will find any excuse - if it isn't religion, it might be something else, in the case of Stalin and Mao.

I don't think organized religion is "responsible" for any of this - if you believe that it's just another way of abdicating personal responsibility.

People should be allowed to believe what they want to believe, whether it's Jesus, Buddha, or the Man on the Moon.

It's all very well saying that one is only having a go at "organized" religion and not at the individual - but sometimes people feel they need some sort of belief system. That's theire choice, and if you try to chip away at that you will often end up infringing upon that person's belief.

I don't mean to sound all moral here, and I'm not trying to attack or defend anyone in particular, I just don't think anyone should insult someone else's deeply held beliefs, no matter what they are (and that includes atheism, which is as much a religion with its own dogma as many others these days.)

flabbybody
05-18-2006, 01:17 AM
the opening scene of "United 93" takes place in the motel room of the two terroist highjackers on the morning of September 11. It shows two very normal and intelligent looking young men about to commit an act of mass murder like this nation has never seen. They brush their teeth and pack their bags like ordinary guys getting ready for a business trip. The last thing they do before they leave the room is get down on their knees and pray to God.

what kind of god were they praying to? what could have motivated these people to have perpetrated this genocide other than organized religion?

stillies77
05-18-2006, 01:32 AM
every single religion has their own version of god and their own version of "the holy book" be it muslims and the quran or christians and the bible...even scientologists have a holy book! it's just something we should all accept...everyone has their own religions...its like when you go to the grocery store...who's sales pitch/product do you enjoy/bleieve in the most?

scipio
05-18-2006, 01:48 AM
the opening scene of "United 93" takes place in the motel room of the two terroist highjackers on the morning of September 11. It shows two very normal and intelligent looking young men about to commit an act of mass murder like this nation has never seen. They brush their teeth and pack their bags like ordinary guys getting ready for a business trip. The last thing they do before they leave the room is get down on their knees and pray to God.

what kind of god were they praying to? what could have motivated these people to have perpetrated this genocide other than organized religion?

Brainwashing. Coercion. Threat. A thousand things could have prompted them to do it. THe Soviet Union were great at this. Look at Mao's Cultural Revolution and the Red Guards. Both the very antithesis of religion. The Red Guards killed many more people and wrought far more destruction than 9/11.

Look I'm not downplaying the horror of what they did. But I believe you should hold the individuals who did it responsible.

Any organization, whether it is a government, a church, a religion, a secret society, if or when it is bent on some evil deed, will find the people who are most susceptible to their methods of persuasion, and use them. It's not just about religion.

chefmike
05-18-2006, 02:33 AM
This is what it leads to... It starts with mocking a religion, then it ends up here. Too bad people are so closed minded and evil in our world...He just does it to antagonize me I know...

of a mealworm.

I love it...white male nutjob aligning himself with vicki of nazareth...

there may be an order to the universe after all...

White_Male_Canada
05-18-2006, 03:18 AM
[quote=Vicki Richter]This is what it leads to... It starts with mocking a religion, then it ends up here. Too bad people are so closed minded and evil in our world...He just does it to antagonize me I know...

of a mealworm.

I love it...

You do not possess the mental acuity to debate the merits of Christianity with me boy.

g3g1
05-18-2006, 03:31 AM
Why does it always take something like this to bring people together? :cry:

flabbybody
05-18-2006, 03:39 AM
The people who flew the planes into the World Trade Centers on 9/11 believed they were righteous men doing God's work. They did it because of RELIGION. Organized religion takes feeble-minded souls and gives them reasons to commit murder in the name of their God.

German Nazi's in World War II believed they were doing God's work in the name of Hitler and Christianity by murdering millions. Jews were considered a diseased race that was polluting the population. The name of the religion that motivates crime can take many different labels. Christian, Islam, Hindu, Zion. It's just another excuse to kill, they're all bad.

White_Male_Canada
05-18-2006, 03:44 AM

8) We love Chef. Just think of him as the village idiot.His racist hate

filled bigoted views keeps us in stitches. Chefmike is the poster boy of

the radical looney-kazooney left. And they wonder why they`re the

permanent minority !? :P

chefmike
05-18-2006, 03:56 AM

We??? Who is we? The closeted log cabin repugs like yourself and a few others lurking on this board? GETTHAFUGOUTAHERE!!!! YA PUTZ...

As Ms Starr would say...next... :sleep

specialk
05-18-2006, 04:03 AM
Just when you thought it can't get any better..............It does!!!

Apparently another job on the list of jobs we can't get Americans to do is suck off the Chimp in Chief (thanks for the use of the title Chef).

Anyway, who can blame Americans who won't suck it for 5.15/ hr. So the White House went with an old formula, "outsource it".

The choice of the "canadian pinhead" was an easy one as he can pass as an American quite easily. And here he is finishing up for the day, with an assist from a secret service agent covering the rear.

White_Male_Canada
05-18-2006, 04:05 AM

We??? Who is we? The closeted log cabin repugs like yourself and a few others lurking on this board? GETTHAFUGOUTAHERE!!!! YA PUTZ...

As Ms Starr would say...next... :sleep

You`re a tower of intellectual strength. No one can stand up to Chef`s rebuttals.

OK,let`s look at this genius`s words and try figure out how me,myself "yourself" + "a few others" does not equal " We" . Yes, we,more than one. One being you and your racist hate filled intolerance. Doesn`t the looney-kazooney left preach tolerance of everything,or are you just another hypocrite loser leading a sad lonely depressing suicidal life.

chefmike
05-18-2006, 04:59 AM
nitey nite....

White_Male_Canada
05-18-2006, 05:06 AM
Yeah,he hated prostitutes too chef.

Obviously chef`s a "chef" at McDonalds,flipping burgers since he knows little.

Matt. 27.56, 61.28 / John 19.25

Matt. 28.9; John 20.11-18

ezed
05-18-2006, 05:44 AM
BOY'S! BOY'S! STEP BACK! COOL DOWN! PAW ALWAYS SAID NOT TO DISCUSS RELIGION OR POLITICS WITH STRANGERS!!!! YOU CAN'T WIN!!!!!

chefmike
05-18-2006, 05:44 AM

Yeah....you gotta know your "scripture", also known as fiction, to work in fine dining....ya never know when Pat R, or Jerry F...or maybe JC himself will walk in...and they always order that fuckin' sacrificial lamb...I hate it when that happens...

PS...this is too perfect...my old buddy yourdaddy used to call me a burger flipper when I owned his redneck ass like I do yours....

plainBob
05-18-2006, 05:57 AM
here ya go. think this might be up some of you guys ally.

http://www.resist.com/racistgames/playborderpatrol/borderpatrol.htm

plainBob
05-18-2006, 06:07 AM
this one my be more to the tastes of some

http://www.resist.com/racistgames/playassbandits/assbandits.htm

White_Male_Canada
05-18-2006, 06:08 AM

Yeah....you gotta know your "scripture", also known as fiction, to work in fine dining....ya never know when Pat R, or Jerry F...or maybe JC himself will walk in...and they always order that fuckin' sacrificial lamb...I hate it when that happens...

PS...this is too perfect...my old buddy yourdaddy used to call me a burger flipper when I owned his redneck ass like I do yours....

Uh-huh. I`m not the one with the foaming at the mouth posts which are barely coherent and tend to make little sense all the while claiming to own this and that. You`re barely in possession of your own faculties.

You seem to have all the answers,

prove God doesn`t exist.

Enlighten us with you atheism.

trish
05-18-2006, 06:40 AM
nothing is perfect. therefore there is no god.

hondarobot
05-18-2006, 06:55 AM
Actually, I think there is a "God", it's just far more strange, interesting, and comlicated then many people have really thought about, for the most part.

But beliefs and convictions on that level, I think, are best kept personal. A lot of problems in the world are caused by people trying to find "pride" in or imposing their beliefs in "God" on others.

Felicia Katt
05-18-2006, 09:10 AM
Forget all other religions, here are some of the different Bible's versions of the same Gospel

Do not give dogs what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pigs. If you do, they may trample them under their feet, and then turn and tear you to pieces

Don't give to dogs what belongs to God. They will only turn and attack you. Don't throw pearls down in front of pigs. They will trample all over them

Do not give dogs what is holy, and do not throw your pearls before pigs, lest they trample them underfoot and turn to attack you

Ye may not give that which is [holy] to the dogs, nor cast your pearls before the swine, that they may not trample them among their feet, and having turned -- may rend you

Do not give that which belongs to God to dogs. Do not throw your pearls in front of pigs. They will break them under their feet. Then they will turn and tear you to pieces

Don't give what is holy to dogs or toss your pearls before pigs, (A) or they will trample them with their feet, turn, and tear you to pieces

Do not give holy things to dogs. Do not throw your pearls to pigs. If you do, they might walk all over them. Then they might turn around and tear you to pieces

The same passage, but not exactly the same message, which I take overall to be an admonition not to waste religion on heretics. To be above that particular fray. Good advice, I think

Speaking of the fray, as far Titus 1:10 goes here is the King James on it.
For there are many unruly and vain talkers and deceivers, specially they of the circumcision.

The first passage in that Gospel of Mathew is:
Judge not, lest you be judged, which is more than a little ironic considering the title tone, tenor and attributions in this thread.

I'm going back to Gandhi on this whole topic
I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.”

FK

AllanahStarrNYC
05-18-2006, 09:14 AM
AMEN FK

does anyone remember when gulliani tried to pull funding to exibit chris ofili's portrait of the virgin mary because it had african elephant dung in it?

i actually saw the piece in person in london @ the saatchi gallery- and it was a beautiful piece of art.

on an off topic- art has every right to be beautiful to some as offensive to others.

there is a long standing fight between artist and church ever since the church has not controlled art, or artist.

wether it be goya and the spanish inquisiton, jesse holmes vs. robert maplethorpe's photos, jewish groups boycotting the passion of the christ, or the catholic church now denouncing the da vinci code-

thats the great thing about freedom

organized religion can retort their rhetoric- no matter how ridiculous it might be at times to some
artist can make art- no matter how offensive it might seem to some
and both have the right to protest each other at all times

DamionXXX
05-18-2006, 10:06 AM
Я Люблю Вас Ulyana, я Люблю только Вас ... теперь и для остальной части моей жизни.

Felicia Katt
05-18-2006, 11:12 AM
One of my favorite lines from one of my favorite plays is this one, from Inherit the Wind

God created Man in his own image and Man, being a gentleman, returned the compliment.

The people who say God speaks to them, are really hearing their own voices. Those who say the Bible is the literal word of God are really minimizing his wisdom. If there is a God , isn't she really bigger than, and above all the pettiness and violence perpetuated in her name? Likewise for the Bible. Its a book of parable and poetry, not a technical manual for moral living. Likewise for Christ. If you think of him as a philosopher instead of the mystic son of God, you have work harder to follow his example, instead of just invoking his name.

FK

Vicki Richter
05-18-2006, 01:45 PM
I'll respond to a few of you at once...

There is nothing wrong with not believing in God. That is your right. However, in my opinion, going out of your way to attack others of different race, religion, sexual preference... it all fits into the same bucket. You see, the reason that there is so much hate when it comes to religion is simply intolerence for others. I don't feel Muslim people are inherently evil and I don't attack other religions even if I don't agree with them. I come in here with a message of tolerence and you all sit back and find everything that is wrong with religion and how it in general is wrong. I'm a Christian and I don't want others to die. I don't want to convert Mormons and Buddists, etc... Live and let live.

Damien:

You are talking about the old testament. In fact everything you said was the fire and brimstone old testament. The new testament showed a new way of tolerence: turn the other cheek, let the person who hasn't sinned cast the first stone, etc... Much of the new testament totally counteracted the old testaments antiquated teachings. Jesus never said anything about gays. Jesus never said anything about an eye for an eye... It just shows the ignorance of Chef when he posts "Jesus hates gays". It's anti-religion rhetoric. It's hate. He's a sad angry person.

If you think about it historically, the messages were right for the times. The people during old testament times weren't ready for a gentle message. Humans had not progressed enough. Essentially they needed a harder message or rules to prevent them from wantonly killing themselves. Even the Ten Commandments still hold true for us today thousands of years later. Do any of them sound unreasonable to us even today? Do you see don't have anal sex in the ten commandments? No. Do you see don't have sex with others of your same gender? Of course not. It isn't something that is focussed on. The new testament was a kinder gentler approach which really fostered tolerence for others who lived different lifestyles.

I don't support organized religion, but I do support tolerence. And shame on everyone in here for not reading that story and saying, "that's terrible that boy was killed". If it had been a TS killed for being who she is, you would have ooh'd and ahh'd and exclaimed about how terrible those murderers were and how they deserved to die. Not one of you even commented on that. That is so hypocritical and, well,... mean. If people focussed on the new testament, you wouldn't see people murdered for being who they were or racism or a lot of things.

But of course Chef.... it is so cool to bash religion and other people who have beliefs in something other than your own. Not every Christian is the same. Not every republican is the same and not every democrat is the same. Stereotyping is wrong and being hurtful to others who share different beliefs, and actually going out of your way to do it is wrong. I understand how you could be bitter at society and God for making you a cook, but it's not like you couldn't go back to school and become something else. It's not religion that's keeping you down.

chefmike
05-18-2006, 02:15 PM
I'm a Chef with a culinary degree and I went to college before I entered the Culinary Institute of America (the Harvard of culinary schools)...how much education did it take for you.... to do what you do for a living, toots....I hope you stay off of your meds for a few more days though, I'm enjoying this immensely...bon appetit!

Vicki Richter
05-18-2006, 02:18 PM
I'm a Chef with a culinary degree and I went to college before I entered the Culinary Institute of America (the Harvard of culinary schools)...how much education did it take for you.... to do what you do for a living, toots....I hope you stay off of your meds for a few more days though, I'm enjoying this immensely...bon appetit!

The harvard of cooking schools. lol. Keep that shit coming daddy.

plainBob
05-18-2006, 04:01 PM
mail order degree? or mcdonalds?

Vicki Richter
05-18-2006, 04:04 PM
how much education did it take for you.... to do what you do for a living

I performed 6 times for Joey Silvera - the Yale of ass fucking schools

plainBob
05-18-2006, 04:05 PM
I ment chef not you.

trish
05-18-2006, 04:43 PM
anyone can believe what they wish (to a degree...i'm not sure we have any choice in what we come to believe, though we can be open minded, and judge the evidence as fairly, rationally and logically as we can...or not) even if what they believe is fiction. given the manifold conflicting systems of religious belief that thrive on this planet, most of them have to be fiction. what's sad this that sooo many lives have to be lost or ruined because people choose to believe their fictions with all their heart and soul. my request is simply this: if you got to believe, don't put so much energy into it. let the rest of us have our stem-cell research, morning after pills, science classes that teach science only, and government that respects people and their families even if they aren't ozzie and harriet.

AllanahStarrNYC
05-18-2006, 05:28 PM
hey thanks damion
im doing better sloly but surely

Trogdor
05-18-2006, 05:52 PM
how much education did it take for you.... to do what you do for a living

I performed 6 times for Joey Silvera - the Yale of ass fucking schools

There an entrance exam for that one? :lol:

DamionXXX
05-18-2006, 07:10 PM
Я Люблю Вас Ulyana, я Люблю только Вас ... теперь и для остальной части моей жизни.

chefmike
05-18-2006, 07:30 PM
well glad to know this post is really about tolerance and not religion... organized religion is bad bad bad!
this post's origins has nothing to do with tolerance or religion...it's just vicki doing one of her usual meltdowns with someone who has dared to call her out in the past for the nutjob that she is...if this little meltdown continues we know who will be your next target, don't we miss vicki....

chefmike
05-18-2006, 07:35 PM
I ment chef not you.

no one gives a shit what you think, twerp...I bet you squat when you pee, ya rookie punk...

White_Male_Canada
05-18-2006, 07:44 PM

The harvard of cooking schools. lol. Keep that shit coming daddy.

Chef is obviously unemployed. Most likely lives alone with no friends,given his own self-loathing and it`s manifestations. Probably lives in a tiny flea-bag apartment , sits in front of his 133MHZ Windows 95 PC typing over 2,500 posts just in this forum alone ! No one, I mean no one has that kind of time,unless on welfare.

Chef the cordon bleu cook :

DamionXXX
05-18-2006, 07:50 PM

chefmike
05-18-2006, 07:54 PM
resorting to personal attacks....it was only a matter of time...I don't know about you...but I have a computer in my office...and even one at home! But thank you for taking a break from your paper route to weigh in on this matter....

White_Male_Canada
05-18-2006, 07:58 PM
resorting to personal attacks....it was only a matter of time...I don't know about you...but I have a computer in my office...and even one at home! But thank you for taking a break from your paper route to weigh in on this matter....

Congratulations,you`re the first indigent to run an extension cord into his

empty refrigerator box,aka "office" :P Cordon bleu boys prefer malt liquor or

thunderbird ?

plainBob
05-18-2006, 08:06 PM
Sorry there chef if you wnt to see how i pee i'll show ya after i beat ya down like the little bitch ya are. As for they Jedi yep they did drop the ball all they needed to do was make him a master and they seth or sith however it is spelled whould hve lost. And Vicki you need to share those meds with chef i dont think his crazy check has come in yet.

latrix67
05-18-2006, 08:07 PM
This is what it leads to... It starts with mocking a religion, then it ends up here. Too bad people are so closed minded and evil in our world.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20060517/wl_uk_afp/britainnirelandreligionmurderfuneral

BELFAST (AFP) - About 2,000 people in Northern Ireland have turned out for the funeral of a Catholic teenager who was beaten to death in a vicious sectarian attack as he went to buy a takeaway pizza.

ADVERTISEMENT

Fifteen-year-old Michael McIlveen's death on May 7 was the latest in the 37-year "Troubles" between the Protestant and Catholic communities in Northern Ireland that has seen some 3,600 people killed.

The youngster was attacked by thugs in an alleyway in the mainly Protestant town of Ballymena, in the northeast of the province. He was allegedly beaten with a baseball bat before having his head stamped upon.

Six Protestant youths have since been charged with murder.

On Wednesday morning, the funeral cortege left the McIlveen family home behind a white coffin.

His classmates paid their own tributes to the youngster, forming a guard of honour wearing the jerseys of Glasgow football clubs Rangers and Celtic, which are supported by Protestants and Catholics respectively in the province.

Reconciliation between the two religious communities was the central message of Catholic priest Father Paul Symonds' sermon in All Saints Church, just a short distance from where Michael was killed.

"The family have been deeply moved by the love and concern shown to them. They have shown a wonderful example," he told the congregation.

"Throughout this whole time, I have never heard one tiny word of recrimination or condemnation -- they have borne their grief with incredible dignity. Michael had lived a life which embraced all sides of the community."

The Reverend Ian Paisley, leader of Northern Ireland's largest Protestant party the Democratic Unionists (DUP), who represents the local constituency of North Antrim, was detained by business at the London parliament.

He sent a local member of the party as his representative instead.

But the killing was raised in Prime Minister Tony Blair's weekly question and answer session with lawmakers, including Paisley, who himself hailed the minute's silence held by Northern Ireland Assembly members on Monday.

Mark Durkan, leader of the moderate Catholic Social Democratic Labour Party, also praised the uniting of Celtic and Rangers fans.

He suggested it should spur on politicians of all sides in the assembly to resolve their long-standing differences and finally agree on a power-sharing devolved government.

Vikki,
Over here in N.Ireland where I live the sort of sectarian attacks go on EVERY DAY! Murder is nothing new over here & there are far more attacks on Ethnic Minorities in Belfast than anywhere else in the U.K.
You named that unfortunate lad in the article but there are far more sinister act's of violence against both communities by both communities.
Look at Robert McCartney,Murdered by the IRA outside a Republican bar in the City.To date,no one has been convicted othe murder.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/4343605.stm

And Lisa Dorian,A young girl from not 10 miles away from my house,Who's body has never been found,despite pressure on the government.

http://www.lisadorrian.co.uk/

Religious hatred in N.Ireland will never go away.I see it every day,Often get told to "Fukc off away home,you Brit Bastard" even tho my family is from here.Just wait till the silly season.THEN you'll see riligious & sectarianism over here.
L67

DamionXXX
05-18-2006, 08:09 PM

chefmike
05-18-2006, 10:35 PM
she died for your sins...

chefmike
05-18-2006, 10:45 PM
I refer to this:

LMAO...BTW, I've been having so much fun with this thread that I almost forgot to ask...WTF do anti-christian undertones have to do with two christian groups involved in a religious conflict??? Oh, I get it...it's all about satan....the devil made them do it....

Quinn
05-18-2006, 10:48 PM
hey now I prefer boones farm wild island tropics flavor...

LOL... When I was 16 years old, I had my first and last encounter with Boone's Farm. Three days of the most violent vomiting you can possibly imagine. Two words: alcohol poisoning. Two more words: never again.

-Quinn

Vicki Richter
05-18-2006, 10:49 PM
I just want to know how many years of cooking school you went through in order to work at a Denny's?

plainBob
05-18-2006, 10:56 PM
Vicki shoots and scores.

chefmike
05-18-2006, 10:58 PM
I just want to know how many years of cooking school you went through in order to work at a Denny's?

game, set, and match toots...you started this thread and thats all you got?

The CIA... not the one that owns you, the other one...look it up....sugarbritches...

I'm going back into the kitchen and I'm thinking about veal shanks for tonight's feature...I wonder why?

hint...canckles....

plainBob
05-18-2006, 11:01 PM
Chefmike got the ball...He's at the 50 .the 40 ... the 30 ...looks like He's going all the way.....

scipio
05-18-2006, 11:32 PM
Well apparrently me and Vikki have the same alma matter so...

that being said I think everyone on this forum ( including myself ) is LOONEY TUNES!!!

here lets change the subject...

is it just me or daoes anyone else think that The jedi council was really to blame for anakin skywalkers fall to the darkside? Seriously if you wanna talk religion... come on the Jedi really dropped the ball there...

They took in the kid and left his momma to rot on Tattoine to get gang raped by tusken raiders??? You mean to tell me the Jedi didnt have somekind of relocation program for her? Personally I would have had her as a cleaning lady on naboo...

I mean christ they should have just handed him the red saber and darth vader suit as soon as he graduated jedi high...

Yep the Jedi Council were definitely to blame. Shouldn't they have had some sort of premonition, a "disturbance in the Force" about his mother?

The Jedi Council were lame, lame, lame. They wouldn't listen to Yoda and Mace Windu was too busy keeping his head shiny or something...

Also wTF was up with Yoda and his "good relations with the Wookies"?

Vicki Richter
05-18-2006, 11:34 PM
They serve veal at Denny's?

plainBob
05-18-2006, 11:35 PM
I guess he likes them BIG AND HAIRY. But tell me this why is there are only 2 sith??

chefmike
05-18-2006, 11:37 PM
LMAO...BTW, I've been having so much fun with this thread that I almost forgot to ask...WTF do anti-christian undertones have to do with two christian groups involved in a religious conflict??? Oh, I get it...it's all about satan....the devil made them do it....

well, miss vicki?

plainBob
05-18-2006, 11:38 PM
Someone pass me the popcorn

DamionXXX
05-18-2006, 11:49 PM

plainBob
05-18-2006, 11:50 PM
LMAO

DamionXXX
05-18-2006, 11:52 PM

plainBob
05-18-2006, 11:54 PM
how is it? are there a lot of jedi running around? and have you been raped by yoda yet?

Quinn
05-18-2006, 11:57 PM
Someone pass me the popcorn

*passess plainBob some popcorn*

:popcorn

-Quinn

plainBob
05-18-2006, 11:58 PM
Thanks quin need more salt though

blackgrendel
05-19-2006, 12:01 AM
It hard to read a somewhat intellectual thread when Vicki's stunning ass is waving at me in the corner as her avatar. I tried to read it all but my eyes kept looking up and to the left...and I mean left as a position not as the devils path!

DamionXXX
05-19-2006, 12:06 AM

stillies77
05-19-2006, 12:06 AM
i hear it takes a while to be a jedi in galaxies and you are a moisture farmer a lot of the time hehe...although since then i hear they have made major changes to the game...i suggest Star Wars Battlefront 1 or 2...THE best star wars games ever made...i mean shit i would know im a big star wars geek...

my myspace has the entire obi wan and anakin lightsaber battle on it...uncut...check it out on the left side...

www.myspace.com/stillies77

plainBob
05-19-2006, 12:10 AM
I used to play everquest alot but got tired of playing and buying the expansion that they used to try and cover up the bugs that infested the game. I been trying to think if i wanted get back into the mmorpg. Lol and dont for get starwars empire at war nice real time stratigy game.

stillies77
05-19-2006, 12:14 AM
lately i cant stop playing Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion...its amazing...

Jhellis978
05-19-2006, 01:09 AM
Wow, I truly love debating religion.

I was raised as an evangelical, became an atheist once I discovered Nietszche and then found the true living God when I became an adult.

Radicals in the Christian church pervert the cause of Christ and blind many from seeing the Truth--Christianity is really a liberal religion and Paul was one of the earliest liberal theologians.

I want to share one of my blog entries from December on this very issue:

After leaving the ministry, I developed a certain disdain for the writings of Paul. Any progressive will tell you, Paul represents what’s wrong with the modern Christian church. After all, most theologians agree that Paul’s writing forms the foundation for the rigid legalism native to the evangelical wing of the Christian church. However, I recently set out to read each of Paul’s letters in an attempt to decipher his true message.

What I found may shock many. You see, outside of Jesus, Paul may well be the most liberal Christian to ever walk the face of the Earth.

I aim not to debate the divinity of Paul’s work, but rather examine his writing in its’ proper context. With that said, begin with the premise that Paul’s letters represent a collection of writings from one man to a group of people, similar to a pastor writing his or her church. Decades after the death of Christ, the early Christian church struggles to take hold in Asia and Europe. Paul never met Jesus, never talked to Jesus, but His life impacted Paul’s life in a way only a “born again Christian” can understand.

Paul dedicates his life to establishing the Christian church and ensuring that the early Christians have the nurturing necessary to survive in the face of harsh persecution.

You see, Paul advocates a religion-free religion, based on a personal relationship with God. Allow me to quote from Romans 14:13-23:

“Therefore let us stop passing judgment on one another. Instead, make up your mind not to put any stumbling block or obstacle in your brother’s way. As one who is in the Lord Jesus, I am fully convinced that no food is unclean in itself. But if anyone regards something as unclean, then for him it is unclean. If you brother is distressed because of what you eat, you are no longer acting in love. Do not by your eating destroy your brother for whom Christ died. Do not allow what you consider good to be spoken of as evil. For the kingdom of God is not a matter of eating and drinking, but of righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Spirit, because anyone who serves Christ in this way is pleasing to God and approved by me.

Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification. Do not destroy the work of God for the sake of food. All food is clean, but it is wrong for a man to eat anything that causes someone else to stumble. It is better not to eat meat or drink wine or to do anything else that will cause your brother to fall.

So whatever you believe about these things keep between yourself and God. Blessed is the man who does not condemn himself by what he approves. But the man who has doubts is condemned if he east, because his eating is not from faith; and everything that does not come from faith is sin.”

I share this passage not to illustrate a strict Christian diet, but to expose a sense of moral relativism in Paul’s writing. Paul urges the Romans to not focus on establishing a Christian community based on legalism (whether or not someone was sinning was between that person and God and not to be defined by neither man nor book), but encourages them to instead focus on their own personal relationships with Christ and to build a Christian community that would support one another in their faith walk. I think verse 19 sums it up perfectly, “Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification.”

Throughout his letter to the Romans, Paul tackles numerous difficult issues such as “justification,” “righteousness,” “grace,” and how Christ’s sacrifice freed us from “the Law.” In fact, Paul points out that, due to “original sin,” “the Law” served as a stumbling block for the Jews. Paul realized that the Romans would be tempted to establish a Christian community like the Jewish community, steep in rigid legalism that no one would be able to abide. Instead, Paul reveals the true beauty of Christ’s love—a love that transforms the heart and mind and controls our thoughts and actions.

scipio
05-19-2006, 01:29 AM
I always knew Yoda was a total arse-bandit.

When I saw EPIII and he said "Good relations with the wookies I have, yes..." I swear half the theatre was laughing. Guess it's common knowledge.

stillies77
05-19-2006, 01:30 AM
i think he's a top...the way he was dominating Luke in Empire while on his back...def.

DamionXXX
05-19-2006, 01:45 AM

trish
05-19-2006, 03:18 AM
Jhellis978 writes:

...outside of Jesus, Paul may well be the most liberal Christian to ever ...

Paul was a true politician ("I am all things to all people"). in an effort to propagandize the good news, Paul strove restlessly to reconcile diverging groups of early christians from all over the ancient world. he supported circumcision among those who wanted all christians to be circumcised and he allowed those without circumcision entrance into the faith. he claims a womens body is not her own but rather belongs to her husband. on the other hand, the husband's body is owned by his wife. you could call this flip-flopping. a sailor would say you steer a course against the wind by tacking port and starboard (never understood why Kerry never used that line). but i never understand guys and gals who claim to have performed or have seen miracles when clearly they haven't. Clearly Pat Robinson doesn't heal people. Doesn't he know that? Of course he does. And cleary Paul didn't see Jesus on the road to Damascus, go blind and had his sight restored some days later after being visited by one who was literally directed by god to seek him out. I mean, what's with these guys?

signed
perplexed.

P.S. some where, in a future, far far away, the Star Wars movies will become the new bible and idiots will be killing each other over interpretations of yoda's wisdom. frankly, i don't think (after sharing the responsibility for destroying an entire populated planet) that Luke's father should be allowed back into the good guy pantheon. there's a proposition worth arguing and killing for.

scipio
05-19-2006, 04:02 AM
It's too late to not allow Luke's father into the good buy books, if you've seen the end of episode VI, Annakin is allowed back in.

Or, perhaps we'll have our own Council of Nicaea in the future, and parts of the original films will be excised to fit someone's interpretation, just like the BIble.

Oh man I hope they cut out JAr Jar Binks. Bastard.

DamionXXX
05-19-2006, 04:07 AM

plainBob
05-19-2006, 04:18 AM
LOL you knew this was going to happen at the end of retun of the jedi. Both obi and anakin's ghost appeared glowing blue during the nasty ewok party. I hated those little furballs worse that that jarjar binks guy.

scipio
05-19-2006, 05:07 AM
Yeah the Ewoks were annoying little bastards, but at least they had some redeeming features, cute and furry like little dogs or bears or something...

Jar Jar Binks on the other hand is just an abomination.

Yes, George Lucas raped my childhood.

plainBob
05-19-2006, 05:12 AM
Raped your childhood plzzz join the club. As for the ewoks being cute i wanted to tie fireworks to them and let them aloose.

ezed
05-19-2006, 07:25 AM
One of my favorite lines from one of my favorite plays is this one, from Inherit the Wind

God created Man in his own image and Man, being a gentleman, returned the compliment.

The people who say God speaks to them, are really hearing their own voices. Those who say the Bible is the literal word of God are really minimizing his wisdom. If there is a God , isn't she really bigger than, and above all the pettiness and violence perpetuated in her name? Likewise for the Bible. Its a book of parable and poetry, not a technical manual for moral living. Likewise for Christ. If you think of him as a philosopher instead of the mystic son of God, you have work harder to follow his example, instead of just invoking his name.

FK

Hey Felicia, what say we get naked, lie back in the bed, put a bag of popcorn in the microwave and see how this thread evolves. We've thrown in our two cents, nobody cares... so let's enjoy each others company coast to coast and see what comes up!

Pssst....oh fuck, was I just praying for selfish reasons??????

stillies77
05-19-2006, 07:46 AM
yeah i love all 6 too but man episode 3 was amazing...that and empire were so amazing but i must say...Return of the Jedi's Space Battle is the most exciting thing i have ever seen in a film.

Felicia Katt
05-19-2006, 08:16 AM
Hey Felicia, what say we get naked, lie back in the bed, put a bag of popcorn in the microwave and see how this thread evolves. We've thrown in our two cents, nobody cares... so let's enjoy each others company coast to coast and see what comes up!

Buttered or unbuttered?? and the same question for the popcorn too?? LOL

meow

FK

OutlawKind
05-19-2006, 08:40 AM
Felicia, to reinterate what I wrote you at your yahoo group, you blow me away (pun absolutely intended) with your erudite posts. My curiousity's running wild, I want to know what makes you so; but we know what curiousity does to cats, if not Katts.

And, for humor's sake, I (mis)quote Frank Zappa:
... He made us all to be just like Him ... so if we're dumb, then gawd must be dumb, and maybe even a little ugly on the side ...
Dumb All Over
Yes We Are
Dumb All Over
Near And Far
Dumb All Over
Black And White
People! We Is Not Wrapped Tight!

Cat
05-19-2006, 09:14 AM
He's just trying to be shocking. Pay him no mind...

White_Male_Canada
05-19-2006, 05:59 PM

"Chefmike" aka Beetle Bailey, has so much spare time on his hands to enter over 2,500 posts because :

A His cooking sucks ?

B His anger empties any greasy dive he works in ?

C Both A and B ?

D He`s not the soup nazi but a little Eichmann,"its the neocons(da
jooz) " ?

NO SOUP FOR YOU.COME BACK,ONE YEAR !

ezed
05-20-2006, 05:13 AM

Buttered or unbuttered?? and the same question for the popcorn too?? LOL

meow

FK

buttered and salty :wink:

khun_diow
05-20-2006, 11:54 AM
OK I read the first post and no others so forgive me if someone has already pointed out that the story is about a group of protestants killing a catholic.

BOTH groups are christians [not capitalized on purpose] who believe in the same god yet can't pull their heads out of their asses to actually listen to the 'scripture' they ballywhoo about nonstop.

A great example of the small mindedness, selfishness, and utter ridiculous nature of christianity.

fuck christ, the bastard!

suckseed
07-31-2006, 09:07 AM
Look. Whenever you generalize, you make a mistake.
"All transexuals are crazy bitches......"
"All New Yorkers are rude assholes"
"All black guys are good at basketball and can sing their asses off"
"Jews are good with money"
"Asians are good at math"
"All Christians are whacky power hungry cultists"

Do you claim to be an adult? Do you see the point I'm making?
Am I a fan of Bush? The Vatican? Kerry? Israel? Lebanon? Atheists?
No, no, not really, nope, nah, no way.
But I think there are good and bad people associated with them all.
Generalizations are just lazy thinking, and convenient for those who want to make a big splash in the media, and that includes message boards.

chefmike
08-01-2006, 02:16 AM
Since someone decided to bump this thread, I feel that a recent remark from the lovely and learned Ms. Starr is quite relevent to this dialogue...

Suck it up, bible-bangers...

I have said it before and I will say it again.

If you are ON THIS SITE, ANY PORN SITE, ALTERNATIVE LIFESTYLE SITE, or you practice any form of an alternative sexual lifestyle and you support Dubya and THIS ADMINISTRATION and consider yourself to be part f the right wing or moral majority-

YOU ARE NOTHING BUT A GOOD OLE' HYPOCRITE, IN THE CLOSET, YELLOW COCKSUCKER WHO LIKES TO TAKE IT IN THE ARSE, SWALLOW JIZZ, then politely wipe your mouth go home and kiss your wife- and then HAVE NERVE to talk shit about the homos and all the other rhetoric the right wing loves to spew out.

I know this type very well, because I have lived it. Believe you me, the ones out there talking shit about fags, trannys, rasing hell, fire, and brimstome, and trying to dictate morality- are the first ones to go suck a cock behind closed doors.

HYPOCRITES. Nothing but HYPOCRITES is all I can say.