PDA

View Full Version : The eternal Phuket v Pattaya debate

Akaoni
06-06-2013, 05:51 AM
I know, I know: There is a ton of info on the ladyboy scene in Thailand, but after wasting hours looking at online discussions, I'm still left with this question:

Which town has hotter ladyboys, Phuket or Pattaya?

After looking at countless Youtube clips, I have to say the girls that really knock me out usually are in Phuket (particularly a blonde who seems to be named Cherry, if Youtube comments are to be trusted).

For those of you who've spent time at both, I'd love to hear your opinions and advice (and find out if Cherry is still around).

EvaCassini
06-06-2013, 06:02 AM
Only been to Pattaya, but I am here to tell you.....

AWESOME!

The girls are very friendly and a LARGE selection! Great looking girls and cost is CHEAP!

The best port I have been to. ;)

Walking Street and Soi 6 is where it's at. Thats where the PARTY and the Tgirls are at! Super fun.

dderek123
06-06-2013, 12:32 PM
I know, I know: There is a ton of info on the ladyboy scene in Thailand, but after wasting hours looking at online discussions, I'm still left with this question:

Which town has hotter ladyboys, Phuket or Pattaya?

After looking at countless Youtube clips, I have to say the girls that really knock me out usually are in Phuket (particularly a blonde who seems to be named Cherry, if Youtube comments are to be trusted).

For those of you who've spent time at both, I'd love to hear your opinions and advice (and find out if Cherry is still around).

You can't go wrong between the two. There are ladyboys everywhere in Thailand.

And if you have enough time during your trip you can take a quick flight from phuket right to pattaya or vice versa. Pattaya has a tiny little airport just outside the city called Utapao. I think only Bangkok Airways are the only airlines that offer the flights and so the prices are not exactly a deal.

http://www.domesticflightsthailand.com/PattayatoPhuket.htm

Travelling within Thailand is usually affordable but sometimes uncomfortable. Whatever you do, don't go in those passenger vans. Most of the drivers of those things drive like homicidal idiots.

pablo12
06-07-2013, 12:37 PM
Cherry is still around sometimes but is post-op...

deangamble1967
06-08-2013, 12:22 AM
You can't go wrong between the two. There are ladyboys everywhere in Thailand.

And if you have enough time during your trip you can take a quick flight from phuket right to pattaya or vice versa. Pattaya has a tiny little airport just outside the city called Utapao. I think only Bangkok Airways are the only airlines that offer the flights and so the prices are not exactly a deal.

http://www.domesticflightsthailand.com/PattayatoPhuket.htm

Travelling within Thailand is usually affordable but sometimes uncomfortable. Whatever you do, don't go in those passenger vans. Most of the drivers of those things drive like homicidal idiots.

Yes, have ended up in the central reservation in Thailand when a taxi driver fell asleep, was actually very lucky. I don't like Pats anymore prefer a few nights in BKK then down to the islands, tbh there are girls wherever you go

Petterone
06-08-2013, 01:07 AM
Your best plan would be bkk for some days,then Pattaya

Phuket is a mass family tourist dump these days

Akaoni
06-09-2013, 11:29 PM
Thank you to all who responded. Greatly appreciated! Although I'd love to bump into Cherry, seems to be farther than I need to go to meet lovely girls.

sukumvit boy
06-10-2013, 03:29 AM
IMHO doesn't matter which one you go to. For the beaches I prefer Phuket ,for the TS and GG I prefer Bangkok.

MDinMD
06-10-2013, 04:53 AM
They're both very good. There's more to do around Phuket, but Pattaya has a larger selection and is close to BKK, where there's a lot more to do than anywhere else in LOS. Yes, you can eat, drink, sleep and fuck anywhere, but I do enjoy some sightseeing as well. I have some old friends in Phuket, so I always go there, less so BKK or Pattaya.

Akaoni
06-10-2013, 06:40 PM
One more quick question if I may for the guys who've spent time in Thailand: Several years ago I saw a post by an ex-pat who said he gets some pill or concoction from a pharmacy that drastically increases his load. He had the photos to prove it, and even though the guy was creepy, I had to say I was impressed... I rarely came that much when I was 18! Any idea what to ask for in Thai pharmacies?

batman4ever
06-15-2013, 05:28 AM
Well, as a long-time traveller in both cities, i would say it depends on both how long your stay is and also what you look for:wiggle:
you def. wont lack sexy ladyboys no matter what town you choose:jerkoff

i DO however prefer to stay in Phuket as the atmosphere is more laid-back:dancing: the air is better...and so are the beaches...and traffic as well

there are SO many ladyboys here that you would never go through them all:fuckin:

just stay local to soi bangla road as this is where the most of the action is...

and forget all about Phuket being expensive..i stay in a small guesthouse in soi paradise right now, its small but clean and with aircon,wifi,no guest-fee for 500 a day...motorbike is 150...you dont get that in pattaya:wiggle:

if you want to see some of the ladyboys here then look out for my tread named Cocktail&Dreams...thats my favorite ladyboy bar in thailand:dancing:

Akaoni
06-16-2013, 09:41 PM
Thanks for the additional perspectives! All good info.

kuteguy
06-17-2013, 07:34 PM
Pattaya without a doubt. There is nothing good about Phuket besides the beaches

batman4ever
06-19-2013, 06:54 AM

then why can i stay in Phuket for 3 week`s without any problems....but gets tired of Pattaya after just 4-5 days??:whistle:

IMHO theres only ONE thing that is better in pattaya...and that is the cheap transportation (the songtaws) the rest of the time its TOO sleazy for me:(

kmersh
06-19-2013, 04:18 PM
Personally, I prefer Phuket, but I have not partaken in the offerings of the "sex industry" in Thailand, so I cannot comment on that personally

When I head to Phuket I usually stay the J.W. Marriott which while not cheap by any means is way cheaper than comparable places elsewhere in the world and the staff is fantastic.

Pattaya did nothing for me and just seemed like a lower end beach town without much to offer, maybe the ladybody scene is better there, that I cannot comment on.

However, if I am going to a beach town in Thailand it is going to be Koh Samui, the Conrad there maybe one of my top 10 favorite hotels in the world, minus the food which was IMHO not upto the standard of the rest of the hotel.

k

Nikka
06-19-2013, 04:38 PM
Well, as a long-time traveller in both cities, i would say it depends on both how long your stay is and also what you look for:wiggle:
you def. wont lack sexy ladyboys no matter what town you choose:jerkoff

i DO however prefer to stay in Phuket as the atmosphere is more laid-back:dancing: the air is better...and so are the beaches...and traffic as well

there are SO many ladyboys here that you would never go through them all:fuckin:

just stay local to soi bangla road as this is where the most of the action is...

and forget all about Phuket being expensive..i stay in a small guesthouse in soi paradise right now, its small but clean and with aircon,wifi,no guest-fee for 500 a day...motorbike is 150...you dont get that in pattaya:wiggle:

if you want to see some of the ladyboys here then look out for my tread named Cocktail&Dreams...thats my favorite ladyboy bar in thailand:dancing:

is that the same guesthouse some ladyboys stay and work where bruna was staying? in a kind of alley?
batman PM me please and send me address where r u staying
I want to go back soon but my last time I was staying in a Resort in Karon Beach, too far away and expensive and the tuk tuk mafia took my money

Petterone
06-19-2013, 06:02 PM

yepp Patong its been changing a lot last years,it used to be but not anymore.

Bangla is a smelling tourist trap these days,rebuild for the families

They have slowely rebuild it with purpose,its meant to suit the families these days,based on shopping and not like it was some years ago,totally different story

Choice is limited and prices for acom and beer ,food etc is sky high compared to Pattaya,LB is more a tourist drag show down Bangla

But if you want to stay near soi paradice i would say C&N or soi sanabai,best prices and 200 meter walk

btw…beaches in Phuket ? they have build 2000 + hotels the last years with the sewage straight down ito the water !! TIT :)

Pattaya is Phuket on steroids,bigger,more bars,better selection,lower prices etc etc

dderek123
06-19-2013, 06:14 PM
TIT :)

Pattaya is Phuket on steroids,bigger,more bars,better selection,lower prices etc etc

TIT indeed.

kuteguy
07-29-2013, 10:13 PM
Pattaya is also changing. Thai govt have realised it's the closest beach to bangkok and are doing all that is possible to promote family tourism there. When you go there now-a-days (I think I have been going there for about 6+ years) there are loads of non-sex tourists.

I lost my transsexual virginity in Phuket and it was a great first time. The ladyboy knew I Was a virgin and just gave me the best night of my transsexual life I have ever had! So it's special to me - but that was 9 years ago - Phuket just seems really expensive for everything (yes as rightly said, especially for transport).

Even with the increase in non-sex tourism in Pattaya the prices have remain unchanged in a decade and it's disneyland for adult men looking for sex (with GG, TV, TS, etc). Now in my mid-30s I feel seedy going to Phuket (Esp for ladyboys) as there are a lot of youngsters there. Whereas Pattaya unofficially welcomes everyone - esp the seedy. Whenever I have had a GG or TS/TV in Pattaya it feels like a GFE and they want to have your repeat business where Phuket the SW are just after your money, it seems.

Jericho
07-29-2013, 10:32 PM
Mmmmmmm, Patty or Fookit, where am i gonna get ripped off worse!
You're going to catch a hot dose in either. Stick to Bangkok, they've better clinics!

Fancy fancy
07-30-2013, 12:09 AM
Personally I think the best girls are in bangkok. Been to cocktails and dreams and it is fun.

artie
07-30-2013, 03:36 AM
If you go for more than a week (which you always should) it's easy enough to do both and more including BKK. If you don't like a place, cheap enough to move on without costing you tons.

I love Phuket. Laid back and C&D is the best place for girls to trust - no worries and always a great time. Plus plenty of stuff to do around town so you don't get bored.

Toadily
08-11-2013, 10:55 PM
I think I am ready to make the trip to Pattaya. On a Thailand forum I found some interesting info. Has anyone been to Baby Boom A Go-Go? This place has a shower in the middle of the club, girls take full nude showers there. Place seems like a blast, not to big but they aim to please.

artie
08-12-2013, 04:19 AM
Yes. Good time. Great girls. As are the other bars in Pattaya. Each is unique but you'll have a great time. Stop hesitating. Book the trip. You'll have a blast.

If you go for 2 weeks or more (which you really should considering the flight time and the time you'll need to adjust, get the hang of things, etc.), don't just limit yourself to Pattaya. Check out Bangkok and Phuket. Even if it's just for a few days. They are all different but great in their own ways.

Toadily
08-12-2013, 04:44 AM
Yes. Good time. Great girls. As are the other bars in Pattaya. Each is unique but you'll have a great time. Stop hesitating. Book the trip. You'll have a blast.

If you go for 2 weeks or more (which you really should considering the flight time and the time you'll need to adjust, get the hang of things, etc.), don't just limit yourself to Pattaya. Check out Bangkok and Phuket. Even if it's just for a few days. They are all different but great in their own ways.

I really want to go during that water festival "SongKran" , this looks like a ball.
http://us.123rf.com/400wm/400/400/swissmacky/swissmacky1004/swissmacky100400019/6896580-bangkok--april-15-thai-people-dancin-in-the-streets-celebrating-songkran-thai-new-year--water-festiv.jpg

I did a search for Flights, sept 3 - 24 from MIA to BKK was 1600-1700 RT, so I am getting close. I want to travel to Pattaya and Bangkok, I wanted Phuket but it is far. 26 hr travel time sucks for sure.

Who wants to go?

Just sucks they are so strict about Marijuana. I got off pain meds almost with MJ, now I would need to be without for 3 weeks, my knees might not make it.

artie
08-12-2013, 05:23 AM
Phuket is no more than a 1.5 hour flight from Bangkok. Same from Utapao (Pattaya). No more than $100 on any of the local Thai airlines. Cheaper if you want to wait until you get to Thailand to book it.

I want to travel to Pattaya and Bangkok, I wanted Phuket but it is far. 26 hr travel time sucks for sure.