PDA

View Full Version : A new Doctor is coming

Tiffany Starr
06-04-2013, 11:03 AM
So anyone else excited to see who the new Doctor is going to be? Steve Moffaf Tweeted that we will be saying goodbye to the good doctor (matt smith) at the end of the season. I for one am ready for a change. Maybe the doctor can be a chick this time, or a hot transsexual :-P maybe the doctor can even be....Me! Oh wow I don't think my head is supposed to turn that way. lol

youngblood61
06-04-2013, 11:05 AM
WOW Tiff, looking so sexy!:salad

Willie Escalade
06-04-2013, 11:07 AM
Booty

Tiffany Starr
06-04-2013, 11:10 AM
Thanks baby!

LibertyHarkness
06-04-2013, 11:11 AM
bring back david Tennant :)

And yes wow looking mega there cutie .. xxx the bum is looking nom nom nom

danthepoetman
06-04-2013, 12:23 PM
So anyone else excited to see who the new Doctor is going to be? Steve Moffaf Tweeted that we will be saying goodbye to the good doctor (matt smith) at the end of the season. I for one am ready for a change. Maybe the doctor can be a chick this time, or a hot transsexual :-P maybe the doctor can even be....Me! Oh wow I don't think my head is supposed to turn that way. lol
I would love to seek a very very long treatment with you, Dr Tiffany...

alpha2117
06-04-2013, 02:32 PM
Isn't John Hurt the Doc in that last episode of the season?

francisfkudrow
06-04-2013, 04:42 PM
Isn't John Hurt the Doc in that last episode of the season?

Yeah, but he is not believed to be the 12th Doctor, but rather either the 0th Doctor or Doctor 8 1/2 (between McGann and Eccleston)

Dino Velvet
06-04-2013, 04:46 PM
I never seen an episode of Dr Who.

So nice right here.

http://www.hungangels.com/vboard/attachment.php?attachmentid=587437&stc=1&d=1370336593

JenniferParisHusband
06-05-2013, 07:31 AM
I don't know if I want a female Doctor. But I want a River Song spin-off show!

martin48
06-05-2013, 08:42 AM
It was be an interesting regeneration - cellular degeneration caused by absorbing the energies of the time vortex or some such nonsense. But who would Tiff's partner be? Girl, boy, or .....
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_vortex_%28Doctor_Who%29)

rockabilly
06-05-2013, 04:08 PM
Russell Brand for the Doctor ... Or David Bowie.

Ecstatic
06-05-2013, 08:21 PM
I don't know if I want a female Doctor. But I want a River Song spin-off show!

Agreed, I'd love more River Song. There have been many great companions (Sarah Jane, Ace, Rose, Amy, the list goes on), but only a very few who were more than companions: the Brigadier and River Song virtually have this category to themselves (maybe Romana, depending on your point of view).

Stavros
06-05-2013, 09:35 PM
If the casting trends in the BBC in recent years suggest anything, it will be for a Dr who is over 20 but not much over 40 -Merlin, Sherlock Holmes, and the present Dr don't have wrinkles. Or, they may go the diversity and inclusion route: either Black, or Gay, or Female (Olivia Coleman is a favourite in this category).
Or you could work out who has contracts that bind them to certain jobs over the next 2 years and eliminate them. Difficult profession, acting. Uncertain prospects, irregular hours...

SpoogeMonkey
06-05-2013, 10:27 PM
Being a Doctor Who fan I would have no problem with Tiffany being the main lead.. then she regenerates into another hot tranny....

fucking awesome..

SP27
06-06-2013, 12:05 AM
Russell Brand for the Doctor

Oh god no.

I'd rather they dug up the corpse of Patrick Troughton, glue some strings to his hands and legs and use him as a meat puppet before letting russell brand anywhere near the role of dr who.

suttonporksword
06-06-2013, 12:06 AM
Eva Vortex.

EvaCassini
06-06-2013, 12:52 AM
Jeremy Clarkson as the new Doctor!

or James May...

or the new Q from the latest Bond. He seemed like a Doctor type.

Russell Brand can go kill himself.

OH...Maybe Sean Bean.....but he would have to die alot. He does that you know LMAO

John Cleese maybe?

Eric Idle would be great!

OH I know...Tom Waits! THAT, would be so cool! :)

SpoogeMonkey
06-06-2013, 01:37 AM
Robb Stark with a wolfs head would be awesome...

oh hang on....

sukumvit boy
06-06-2013, 01:40 AM
Good suggestions EvaCassini .
I don't know much about what actors out there might be available ,but I really
enjoyed Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman as Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson in the BBC "Sherlock" series and think either one could bring what it takes to the role of Dr. Who.
a

EvaCassini
06-06-2013, 02:11 AM
Benedict Cucumberbatch is great but i dont think he could portray THE Doctor well. I'd rather Simon Pegg or Nick Frost instead of Cumberblumble. :) teehee

I am looking forward to the new Doctor, and honestly have no hopes on anyone who might portray Him, just as long as its not Russell Brand or Hugh Grant...or Tiffany , I will cry a deep cry! Either one of then will ruin the Canon that is Doctor Who, almost as bad or even worse, as Peter Cushing's "human" doctor! :puke :puke :puke

Also, If you guys didnt know...Steven Moffett will also be leaving as head writer.

So...my friends, big changes will soon be had for all ;)

Hell...if any...my vote goes to Sir Ian Mckellan. I would like to see another older Doctor. He has the charisma that is the Doctor! ;)

Stavros
06-09-2013, 12:40 PM
According to today's Telegraph, Roy Kinnear has been asked if he wants the job...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/celebritynews/10108234/BBC-asks-James-Bond-star-to-be-its-new-Doctor-Who.html

Prospero
06-09-2013, 12:53 PM
I think you mean Rory Kinnear Stavros. Roy Kinnear was his dad and is dead.

rockabilly
06-09-2013, 12:58 PM
Nick Frost would be funny but less running would occur i think lol.

Stavros
06-09-2013, 01:21 PM
I think you mean Rory Kinnear Stavros. Roy Kinnear was his dad and is dead.

Oops! Freudian slip perhaps?

Jericho
06-09-2013, 01:45 PM
There can be only one.
The sooner they stop fucking around and get Sean Pertwee in the role, the better!

Prospero
06-09-2013, 03:11 PM
Time for a female doctor I reckon

Gillian
06-09-2013, 04:27 PM
I heard a discussion on BBC 5Live in which this was discussed but discounted on the basis it would upset the US fanbase in particular. Interesting to hear what US fans make of that.

Me? I watched it as a kid but never got back into it in the decades that followed ... ;)

Stavros
06-09-2013, 05:28 PM
There can be only one.
The sooner they stop fucking around and get Sean Pertwee in the role, the better!

Jericho, I think you would make a great Dr Who...

maxraw1
06-09-2013, 05:48 PM
Tiffany as Dr Who, it would have to be on cable, because, I could only watch it if you were naked all the time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)
Compliment intended...
I am a big Dr Who and Torchwood (where have you gone in the US????) fan...

maxraw1
06-09-2013, 05:54 PM
What about Rupert Grint from Harry Potter, keepin it ginger?
Talk about tapping a huge fan base!

maxraw1
06-09-2013, 05:59 PM
two other suggestions
James McAvoy (from X-Men)
Micheal Sheen (from Lichen to Dr Who?) (he already did a cameo in Dr Who)

Prospero
06-09-2013, 06:58 PM
Torchwood is gone in the UK also

EvaCassini
06-09-2013, 07:42 PM
i miss Torchwood :(

be2378
06-09-2013, 08:16 PM
I vote for Hugh Laurie! Jk too old.

EvaCassini
06-09-2013, 08:27 PM
Rowan Atkinson! Hell, he's not doing much anymore...Imagine the Black Adder as the Doctor! :)

Rupert Grint can go to hell. After seeing he was in THIS ( pic below ) I don't ever want to see him anymore.

chamber7
06-09-2013, 08:55 PM
Michael Sheen would be great

EvaCassini
06-09-2013, 09:11 PM
The Stig! :D

Jericho
06-10-2013, 01:07 AM
Jericho, I think you would make a great Dr Who...

I can see the advantages of having my own personal tardis, but the whole saving the world thing?
Some days I'd be as likely to just let it burn! :shrug

Time for a female doctor I reckon

That'd be a terrible idea...Unless she did it topless! :ignore:

be2378
06-10-2013, 06:07 AM
Would be turned off very much by Rupert Grint being the 12th

francisfkudrow
06-10-2013, 06:24 AM
I vote for Hugh Laurie! Jk too old.

He's rumoured to be in the running, and the Doctor wasn't always played by a young guy. William Hartnell and John Pertwee were old dudes. Some think the Doctor should go older again this time around.

Would be turned off very much by Rupert Grint being the 12th

Rupert isn't the young kid he was in the Potter movies. Check out his imdb.com entry....

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0342488/?ref_=sr_1

He looks pretty serious in his main profile pic there.

JenniferParisHusband
06-10-2013, 08:19 AM
I'd be cool with Rupert Grint, he's got the ability to do the humor, is young enough to do the physical parts of it, and would finally be a ginger (since the last Doc was upset at not being one.)

EvaCassini
06-10-2013, 08:28 AM
nahhh...He and we got the ginger, Amy Pond.

I still stick with my original suggestions; Jeremy Clarkson, James May, John Cleese, Eric Idle, or even Ryk Mayall would be awesome! :D

Cecil Rhodes
06-10-2013, 08:31 AM
Take your pick .......

http://img.poptower.com/pic-55430/hugh-rowland.jpg?d=600

EvaCassini
06-10-2013, 08:37 AM
they're Canadian, it wont work! lol

we already had an American Doctor ( McGann ) and he sucked terribly.

Quiet Reflections
06-10-2013, 09:27 AM
I don't really care who gets to be the doctor as long as he can act and is a white British male.

Cecil Rhodes
06-10-2013, 09:38 AM
they're Canadian, it wont work! lol

we already had an American Doctor ( McGann ) and he sucked terribly.

Canadians are British Subjects . The Queen of Canada is Elizabeth Windsor ..... actually it's Saxe Coburg And Gotha, not Windsor .

Suckerpunch
06-10-2013, 11:10 AM
Erm Paul McGann was born in Liverpool England. The Doctor TV movie was "American" & actually McGann was very good in the big finnish audio stories

EvaCassini
06-10-2013, 06:43 PM
Fox did it, Fox sucks, no American can do Doctor Who. Because McGann did it, it makes him more of an American and thus, sucks. I am sure he is a great person but "once you go Fox, you smell of rotted cocks." ( yeah, i just made that up, but it's true )

It's a rightful British program, and no others can do it right.

Top Gear UK is awesome. Top Gear US SUCKS. Every time an American get their hands on something British, they turn it into a shitcake. I don't eat shitcake.

Jericho
06-10-2013, 08:21 PM
Every time an American get their hands on something British, they turn it into a shitcake. I don't eat shitcake.

Jeez, get yer hands on this...Quik! :ignore:

Jericho
06-10-2013, 08:22 PM
I don't really care who gets to be the doctor as long as he can act and is a white British male.

Damn, thought i was in with a chance then!

Ecstatic
06-12-2013, 04:59 PM
Every time an American get their hands on something British, they turn it into a shitcake. I don't eat shitcake.

While I couldn't agree with you more re: Doctor Who (I refuse to accept McGann's Doctor as canonical, despite the fact that, officially, it is), I disagree with the blanket statement that "every time an American" reinvents a British TV show it turns to "shitcake": This is only true 98% of the time. Two exceptions come immediately to mind: "All in the Family" (remake of the British "Till Death Do Us Part") and "Shameless" (remake of "Shameless"). While I have not seen the British originals of these shows, both are outstanding, both for writing and acting. An interesting twist is SyFy's remake of "Being Human": While the British show was original and riveting for its first two seasons, it quickly floundered after that; on the other hand, the SyFy version's first season was a poor ripoff of the British first season, but improved in the second season and has now gone into entirely new territory with much improved writing. Yes, the British version is the superior, no doubt, but the SyFy version is hardly shitcake at this point.

I'm assuming that by "something British" you imply TV shows, Eva, since in other cultural areas there has been far more equal exchange: British rock and roll, for example, would not exist without the advent of American rock and roll, and performers on both sides of the pond have richly influenced one another.

Stavros
06-12-2013, 05:14 PM
I would also add the Steven Soderbergh film Traffic which is a remake of a Channel 4 tv series called Traffik: the settings for the original were the UK, Germany and Pakistan, the Soderbergh film used the US and Mexico, and the film is outstanding. On the reverse side, UK tv attempted British version of The Golden Girls and it was dire.

EvaCassini
06-12-2013, 07:41 PM
While I couldn't agree with you more re: Doctor Who (I refuse to accept McGann's Doctor as canonical, despite the fact that, officially, it is), I disagree with the blanket statement that "every time an American" reinvents a British TV show it turns to "shitcake": This is only true 98% of the time. Two exceptions come immediately to mind: "All in the Family" (remake of the British "Till Death Do Us Part") and "Shameless" (remake of "Shameless"). While I have not seen the British originals of these shows, both are outstanding, both for writing and acting. An interesting twist is SyFy's remake of "Being Human": While the British show was original and riveting for its first two seasons, it quickly floundered after that; on the other hand, the SyFy version's first season was a poor ripoff of the British first season, but improved in the second season and has now gone into entirely new territory with much improved writing. Yes, the British version is the superior, no doubt, but the SyFy version is hardly shitcake at this point.

I'm assuming that by "something British" you imply TV shows, Eva, since in other cultural areas there has been far more equal exchange: British rock and roll, for example, would not exist without the advent of American rock and roll, and performers on both sides of the pond have richly influenced one another.

Honestly, those shows you listed, british and american, I've never seen lol. Except of coarse for "All in the Family".

For TV shows, I only watch a select few shows. I am very limited on that, because not only do we not own a TV ( lol ) but I am very particular about the type of shows I prefer to watch.
Small list of TV show I only watch are: Top Gear UK, Doctor Who, Monty Python, Game of Thrones, Original Wild Wild West, MST3K, Young Ones, Daily Show, Colbert Report, Family Guy, American Dad, Star Trek, Star Gate, My Little Pony, and shit ton of documentaries.

That's it. I don't take privy to watching much TV. Im not impressed with anything else honestly.

You are right, in terms of other types of culture, which swings both ways, hand in hand. However, most of the things we enjoy today, were first invented/created by a "plucky Brit", honestly lol. They have so much originality and style.

But as far as anything being vomited out of an American schmuck businessman who want to take something already great and re-create it, but then it sucks horribly. Therefore, we get so many dumb "Re-makes" of movies and TV shows, there is hardly anything new coming from Hollywood.

I do love movies, that is a pseudo hobby of mine, watching movies, reading about movies, researching movies, and reading critics. There are a lot of great movies but here recently, Hollywood cannot stop taking something original and great and beautiful and re-doing it for a buck, turning it into a shitcake. LOL I laugh, but it's true. For example, Hobbit, Star Trek, Star Wars, After Earth, Three Stooges and many, many more lol.
Hollywood has run out of originality for the most part, there are a few good zingers here and there but nowadays, highly unlikely.

south ov da border
06-12-2013, 07:46 PM
I'd love to be Doctor Who. It would be fun :)

EvaCassini
06-12-2013, 07:53 PM
So would I, but it's not fitting for everyone. That's why I run around the house with my Sonic Screwdriver, wearing my Tardis Knee socks, and my scarf pretending I am the Doctor LMAO. We can all dream but whoever they pick for the next incarnation, I am sure it will be a great choice. I am sure Tennant, Smith, and Moffett will have great say in who....will be the next Who! ;) Word play is fun hahaha

TSBootyLondon
06-12-2013, 10:54 PM
I am gutted that they are changing him so soon!! David Tennant had big boots to fill and well Matt Lucas for me must wear a size 25 Uk mens! he's an amazing doctor!

EvaCassini
06-12-2013, 11:06 PM
Matt Smith has been Doctor for 3 years, Tennant, 4 years. So I believe he's done quite well for 3 years.

Ecstatic
06-13-2013, 02:52 AM
Eva, if you're the Doctor, I'll be your companion, LOL.

Tennant by show count comes in second to Tom Baker, and is close to Pertwee for number of years on the show. I've enjoyed Matt Smith, but in the same vein as Peter Davison after Tom Baker. I hope they give it a new spin on the next go round.

Prospero
06-13-2013, 08:12 AM
Is there a doctor in the house/

Matt Smith or Matt Lucas....

danthepoetman
06-13-2013, 08:23 AM
Eva, if you're the Doctor, I'll be your companion, LOL.

If Eva was a doctor, I'd be constantly sick...
OK, I know, it's not about that. But I would be. :whistle:

rockabilly
06-13-2013, 08:43 AM
Im looking forward to a new Doctor and new writers.
The series has been hit or miss with several episodes but I did eventually warm up to Matt Smith.

danthepoetman
06-13-2013, 09:06 AM
I have to try to watch that show. The last one anyone suggested to me here was The Walking Dead, and it was good. I'm anxiously waiting for next season. Reading what's being said about the Doc, I'll definitely try it.

rockabilly
06-13-2013, 12:46 PM
The 50th Anniversary of the show is coming soon.
I first saw the show in the early 80's during Tom Baker then Peter Davison.
The series was revived with Christopher Eccleston as the Doctor , but the next Doctor played by David Tennant became my personal fave .

danthepoetman
06-13-2013, 01:19 PM
50th!? Where have I been? So this is really lacking to my culture!

Prospero
06-13-2013, 01:40 PM
Yeah... those early shows with William Hartnell as the doctor are pretty creaky

rockabilly
06-13-2013, 01:48 PM
50th of the show. There are also audio dramas , Novels , Comics , Animated specials and so much more.

Ecstatic
06-13-2013, 04:26 PM
A new Doctor is "coming"... so are we finally getting the X-rated version? Billie Piper has some experience in that area, at least soft core.

robertlouis
06-13-2013, 04:35 PM
It's unlikely to be an already big name. That's not the track record since the renaissance of the show with the exception of Christopher Eccleston.

It's a commitment of minimum six months a year, and that's in Cardiff......

I would bet that it will be someone who's in the public consciousness from small parts in tv and film, but not a major star.

Prospero
06-13-2013, 04:40 PM
I think Robert is probably right. We'll know there face but not their name. I still think it should b a female this time around

francisfkudrow
06-13-2013, 05:49 PM
As I think about it, I really think they need a new direction. If they're not brave enough to go female or black, then they should go older.

Prospero
06-13-2013, 05:50 PM
They've done older francis - the first few doctors were quite elderly guys (sixties and seventies). But a black woman would be great! Or a chinese girl maybe....

Ecstatic
06-13-2013, 06:01 PM
How about fixing the TARDIS chameleon circuit? They played with that with Colin Baker (maybe the weakest Doctor ever) and the Master's TARDIS, but 99% it's the police box. Iconic, yes, but more than dated, and they are missing out on some potential clever scenarios.

francisfkudrow
06-13-2013, 06:05 PM
Yeah, I know, as I mentioned earlier in the thread, Hartnell and Pertwee were some pretty old guys, but lately the trend is youngish. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but I think they need something different, and if they can't go really off the pattern, then I think they should go back to the Doctor being older.

I did think to myself if there's any black women who would work. Not sure if anyone would fit the bill or not. An Asian girl with a British accent might work--Naoko Mori, maybe? (You need something to connect the new Doc with tradition)

robertlouis
06-13-2013, 06:10 PM
Yeah, I know, as I mentioned earlier in the thread, Hartnell and Pertwee were some pretty old guys, but lately the trend is youngish. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but I think they need something different, and if they can't go really off the pattern, then I think they should go back to the Doctor being older.

I did think to myself if there's any black women who would work. Not sure if anyone would fit the bill or not. An Asian girl with a British accent might work--Naoko Mori, maybe? (You need something to connect the new Doc with tradition)

I'd like to see Sophie Okenedo do it. She makes every role her own.

surf4490
06-13-2013, 06:24 PM
Steven Fry would be a great doctor

Prospero
06-13-2013, 06:25 PM
Or Hugh Lawrie .... what about Dara O'Brain

robertlouis
06-13-2013, 06:54 PM
Or Hugh Lawrie .... what about Dara O'Brain

FUCKKKK!!!!

I read that as Dora Bryan.

EvaCassini
06-13-2013, 07:32 PM
How about fixing the TARDIS chameleon circuit? They played with that with Colin Baker (maybe the weakest Doctor ever) and the Master's TARDIS, but 99% it's the police box. Iconic, yes, but more than dated, and they are missing out on some potential clever scenarios.

I am pretty sure they made mention of this with either Eccleston or Tennant, that during an episode, the Doctor explained why it looks like a 1960's police box and why he hasn't changed it, because he's taken a liking to it and feels that it shouldn't need to be changed.......

BUT.....what would be really cool is.......

It finally does get fixed due it being an important safety feature tied in with some important TARDIS system, and so he fixes it, we get a great look at the actual look of the TARDIS ( especially how big it is ) and then when the frey is over, he intentionally makes it to where the chameleon circuit continues to project the notable "blue box"...why? because he likes it, why not lol. :) He is the Doctor after all :)

Tiffany Starr
06-13-2013, 08:12 PM
I am hoping it's someone new. As much as I love Tennant I want the show to progress forward with someone else who can take the helm of the Tardis. Although I must admit that Tennant would be a pleasant surprise.

Tiffany Starr
06-13-2013, 08:15 PM
Being a Doctor Who fan I would have no problem with Tiffany being the main lead.. then she regenerates into another hot tranny....

fucking awesome..

Thank you! I could totally pull the Doctor off. Plus it'll open new doors for episodes and sexuality. Having a positive transsexual role model in Movies and Television would be beneficial (unlike the scene in hangover 2 which was the exact opposite of beneficial...)

Prospero
06-13-2013, 08:28 PM
Bring it on... cast Tiffany you backward folk at the BBC

Ecstatic
06-14-2013, 01:59 AM
I am pretty sure they made mention of this with either Eccleston or Tennant, that during an episode, the Doctor explained why it looks like a 1960's police box and why he hasn't changed it, because he's taken a liking to it and feels that it shouldn't need to be changed.......

Yeah, but that's an excuse put in the good Doctor's mouth. It is great camp and I like it, too, but an occasional shift to meet extenuating circumstances would be very cool.

It finally does get fixed due it being an important safety feature tied in with some important TARDIS system, and so he fixes it, we get a great look at the actual look of the TARDIS ( especially how big it is ) and then when the frey is over, he intentionally makes it to where the chameleon circuit continues to project the notable "blue box"...why? because he likes it, why not lol. :) He is the Doctor after all :)

LOL now that I could buy!

Jericho
06-14-2013, 02:25 AM
All you feminists calling for a female Dr Who have clearly misunderstood the point.
He's a doctor, not a nurse! :hide-1:

EvaCassini
06-14-2013, 02:26 AM
See.... :D lol xoxoxo That would be a great joke in it of itself. :) And great eye candy for Whovians! :D

EvaCassini
06-14-2013, 02:26 AM
All you feminists calling for a female Dr Who have clearly misunderstood the point.

HAHAHAHAHAHA I LOVE IT!!! and I concur. ;)

Cecil Rhodes
06-14-2013, 02:43 AM

Don't let Eva into The Tardis . She is a chameleon you know

Cecil Rhodes
06-14-2013, 03:26 AM
OMG ........ It's a TARDIS people, not a ....... nevermind ....... gosh it stinks in there .

http://nebula7.com/models/TARDIS-model-01.jpg

Cecil Rhodes
06-14-2013, 06:14 AM
The Phantom Shitter strikes again .

EvaCassini
06-14-2013, 07:42 AM
hehehe silly.

Corran
06-14-2013, 07:51 AM
It won't be Tennant. You know, at first I was really upset that Matt was leaving but then I got to thinking: I was upset when Chris Eccleston left, didn't think anyone would be able to do as good. Then came David Tennant who I loved as well and 'lo and behold, I felt the same when he left. Then I loved Matt's version of the Doctor. This is just a new journey, one us long time fans have been on before.
Hell, I felt this way about every Doctor since Tom Baker (when I first started watching) and the only time I've been disappointed was with Colin Baker. The fun part for me is the speculation on who the new guy will be.

Cecil Rhodes
06-14-2013, 09:02 AM
hehehe silly.

and I know who the P.S. is

mmolotov75
06-14-2013, 11:37 AM
Not a Dr. Who watcher, so can someone explain the premise? Is the doctor a body switcher or a title? In either case, why wouldn't there be more diversity than just a string of white guys? Here in the U.S. all our doctors are South Asian Indian anyway lol

rockabilly
06-14-2013, 11:55 AM
While Colin Baker is my least favorite Doctor overall he did the best with the scripts and horrible clown suit they put him in. His Doctor was an egomaniac and kind of a prick .
His series " Trial of a Time Lord " is probably his best onscreen work but like the 8th Doctor Paul McGann he really stood out in the Big Finish audio dramas.

robertlouis
06-14-2013, 11:57 AM
Not a Dr. Who watcher, so can someone explain the premise? Is the doctor a body switcher or a title? In either case, why wouldn't there be more diversity than just a string of white guys? Here in the U.S. all our doctors are South Asian Indian anyway lol

It's been running on British TV screens with a few gaps for almost 50 years.

Where would you like us to start??? :hide-1:

rockabilly
06-14-2013, 11:58 AM

How much time do you have?
Best advice i can give is to check the wiki , It really is a unique series and has a rich history and legacy.

Suckerpunch
06-14-2013, 12:15 PM
Colin Baker & McCoy (my least favorite due to his comic style when he started though he did become darker "ghostlight etc) came along at the wrong time terrible scripts thanks to John Nathan Turner being so pig headed and not listening to Robert Holmes. Thankfully the audios gave Colin Baker the chance to develop the character.

Over here in the UK all this hype about a female doctor which simply cannot happen. If it does they may as well as not brought the show back in 2005 and to add it would be the biggest lack of respect to William Hartnell without whom this conversation wouldn't happen

rockabilly
06-14-2013, 12:23 PM
It wasn't unheard of for a few rare Time Lords to change gender during a regeneration but if they chose to go that route it should be because of a carefully laid out story with a payoff or twist not do it just for shock factor.

Suckerpunch
06-14-2013, 12:48 PM
Isn't River Song practically a female version now (i don't like the character) whoever takes over i want them to make the Doctor more alien and get away from this "new" romance stuff it annoys me. That's why for me Tom Baker will always be my favourite due to how alien he made the character

Prospero
06-14-2013, 12:52 PM
Apparently William Hartnell as he "matured' used to forget half his lines. They would record "as live' back then

Suckerpunch
06-14-2013, 12:54 PM
Bill as he was referred to always did but it added to his old/cranky character calling Ian Chesterton ... Chesterfield and variations on it many times but they'd ad-lib within the plot

rockabilly
06-14-2013, 12:57 PM
You can't get more alien than Russell Brand.

" I'm Aldous Snow the Time Lord. "

Or David Bowie

Suckerpunch
06-14-2013, 01:01 PM
He's just a fcuking tool end of

rockabilly
06-14-2013, 01:02 PM
Bill as he was referred to always did but it added to his old/cranky character calling Ian Chesterton ... Chesterfield and variations on it many times but they'd ad-lib within the plot

Or since technically Hartnell is the "youngest" incarnation of the Doctor he did it just to be a smartass lol. I mean plot wise he was supposed to be what ... Somewhere around 200 years old in the original series?
That's a teenager by Time Lord standards.

Suckerpunch
06-14-2013, 01:05 PM
But he did suffer from Arteriosclerosis which did effect him ref his lines

TSBootyLondon
06-14-2013, 01:11 PM
My doctor is a girl! def not a TS! who would have thought all those hundreds of years ago that in 2013 we would have female doctors! lol

I do get your point though! Dr Who is and should only ever be played by a man, should the doctor become a matron or a nurse I probably wouldn't watch it!!!...
What ever next Jannette Bond 0014!!! or possibly Rebecca Hood!

EvaCassini
06-14-2013, 04:13 PM
You know, just because it's "2013" doesn't mean that in a TV show llike Doctor Who, they should just go "He's female now" because "c'mon man, it's 2013, get with the times man".

That's almost like a lot of American TV shows to where "lets make it edgy and re-do everything, and make all the original characters teenage, hipster versions." Then the show loses a lot, if not all credibility.

If they decide to go with a female Doctor, then more power to them...AS LONG AS, it doesn't shit on the canon and turn it into some daft camp lackluster ...thing.

Also, even as a TS myself, I don't think the world populace is "ready" for a "TS Doctor".
UNLESS.....people were more broadminded, AND there was a decent TS actress. You don't see much, cept in porn...but if one mixes Doctor Who with porn...it may very well lose alot of credibility, even with me. Not yet I say. Hell it's gone on for 50 years already, give it at least until after the 12th.

Then something really cool could happen. Because in Gallifreyan lore, it is known that no Time Lord "lives" past 12 incarnations, or that there are "only" 12. So they can make a neat little twist because of what happened to the Doctor on a few occasions dealing with regens being passed to him, that perhaps after the 12th...something "odd" happens ;)

Ecstatic
06-14-2013, 04:32 PM
Then something really cool could happen. Because in Gallifreyan lore, it is known that no Time Lord "lives" past 12 incarnations, or that there are "only" 12. So they can make a neat little twist because of what happened to the Doctor on a few occasions dealing with regens being passed to him, that perhaps after the 12th...something "odd" happens ;)

Technically, it's 12 regenerations, for a total of 13 incarnations, so we still have at least 2 to go. Back in 1966 when the concept was introduced, having 12 regenerations must've seemed very safe from a TV show production point of view: if each Doctor served 3 years, that would assure 36 years of production, which was absurdly long at the time. But now with the 50th anniversary (and 35th year of production, given the 15 years of hiatus between 1989 and 2005, not counting 1996), that mark has been reached. But there's all sorts of potential loopholes for the writers to explore!

EvaCassini
06-14-2013, 04:35 PM
well..thats what I meant lol....i just woke up and haven't had coffee, and gotta drive to Austin for Mother-in-law visit...so I am working with a 50% working Whovian brain hahahaha :)

Prospero
06-14-2013, 07:43 PM
My doctor is a girl! def not a TS! who would have thought all those hundreds of years ago that in 2013 we would have female doctors! lol

I do get your point though! Dr Who is and should only ever be played by a man, should the doctor become a matron or a nurse I probably wouldn't watch it!!!...
What ever next Jannette Bond 0014!!! or possibly Rebecca Hood!

Well why not.... guys watch these shows as well. There is nowt wrong with Wonderwoman or female versions of other super heroes. While we are at it how about Wilhemina Tell? Robin Hood is a ambiguous name anyway... and it's high time we had an agent as good as bond who is female. It's an equal opportunity world now Bella!

And Jericho.... there are as many female doctors as men these days -- though out there in the wilds of wooly wales you might not have noticed.

Jericho
06-14-2013, 09:07 PM
And Jericho.... there are as many female doctors as men these days -- though out there in the wilds of wooly wales you might not have noticed.

That statistic still smells of arse...A recent extraction no doubt! :whistle:

Tiffany Starr
06-14-2013, 11:48 PM
Still though ben Wishaw would be great as the doctor. He was a great Q in Skyfall. Speaking of which james bond is the same guy with many faces...is James Bond a Timelord?

rockabilly
06-15-2013, 04:44 PM
I thought Q was very Matt Smith like in his behavior.

Cecil Rhodes
06-16-2013, 11:22 AM
The Doctor has arrived

http://liberaldead.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/dr.-detroit-red-tux.jpg